Type keyword(s) to search

S40.E12: Friendly Fire LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

Watching old seasons, it really made me miss the days when endurance challenges were typically at the end (and weren't just necessarily standing in place).

Hmm, this might be interesting having two winners.  I don't know who Tony wants to target yet.  

I was going to write the same thing. 
I understand that Tom and Ian basically made the game force all endurance challenges to end early, but at the same time. that's what made endurance challenges classic. that it could last for 12 minutes, or 12 hours. 

i'd rather those challenges than "ooh we made it haaaarddeeer"

• Love 1

I love chocolate and I love peanut butter, but out in that heat I'd barf at the thought of either.  But out there, I'd kill for fresh pineapple and some fish, or similar items.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

I'd be like Denise and not want to drop until I knew for sure.

So I guess the target changed because Nick sure gave up in a hurry.

Really nervous for Sarah now.

It seemed to change FAST once Jeremy dropped. Once he dropped first, everyone seemed to drop like flies.

Same with Kim. Once she dropped, Michele and Nick were happy to also drop.

• Love 2
Just now, Daisy said:

I was going to write the same thing. 
I understand that Tom and Ian basically made the game force all endurance challenges to end early, but at the same time. that's what made endurance challenges classic. that it could last for 12 minutes, or 12 hours. 

i'd rather those challenges than "ooh we made it haaaarddeeer"

The one I watched from China (it was the last IC), they had to balance plates, bowls, and cups on a tray.  So there was more than just standing there, and as the challenge went on, strategies developed over the right way to stack everything so the dishes wouldn't topple over.

Just now, Lady Calypso said:

It seemed to change FAST once Jeremy dropped. Once he dropped first, everyone seemed to drop like flies.

Same with Kim. Once she dropped, Michele and Nick were happy to also drop.

Maybe Jeremy's the target?  Seems like a funny coincidence that he dropped and everyone was good with Tony winning.

I'm sure Ben is going to be shown as being a swing vote.  I wish he'd utter the fatal words "I'm the swing vote, I have all the power" so he'd get voted out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
Just now, LadyChatts said:

Maybe Jeremy's the target?  Seems like a funny coincidence that he dropped and everyone was good with Tony winning.

I'm sure Ben is going to be shown as being a swing vote.  I wish he'd utter the fatal words "I'm the swing vote, I have all the power" so he'd get voted out.

They shouldn't want Tony winning THEY SHOULD WANT HIM OUT!!!! 

Okay, so Kim didn't want Tony to win.  That's on Nick.  

So Kim's alliance wants to vote Jeremy.  Nick wants to gain trust with Ben.

Michele doesn't really want to vote Jeremy.  

Please tell me Jeremy stays and Ben gets blindsided again.

• Love 4

Tony's trying to persuade Ben to not vote Jeremy by giving him a fire token.

Tony should have been a lawyer.  I'm almost buying his emotional plea.

And has Jeremy even won a challenge yet?  One?  I'm so confused why he's a threat.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

And Sarah is the Spy Shack look out for Tony.  

6 minutes in and I'm enjoying this episode the most of the season so far.

Sarah's a fucking moron then STOP PLAYING FOR TONY

• Love 1
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

So, it looks like it's between Jeremy and Kim tonight.

And if the 50/50 coin flip works for Jeremy, it's Kim who is gone.

Does that have to get tossed before the vote?  I can't remember.

I kind of want it to happen, and for it to work, so Ben can get foiled.  In reality, Ben is stupid to vote out Jeremy.

If the coin comes back, I’m thinking thumbs up from Probst is heads, double birds for tails.

I don’t think things have been rigged for Ben or Tony. But I get the frustration that they haven’t been hurt enough.

• Love 1
Just now, LadyChatts said:

Does that have to get tossed before the vote?  I can't remember.

I would assume it gets played afterward, because it's for an immunity idol that, I assume, would HAVE to be played right then and there.

• Love 2

So many people can go here. The only people safe are Tony and Denise and I guess Sarah and Michelle, because no one cares about her. Nick got himself in trouble with Tony for being so obviously shady, Nick and Kim and company know they can't trust Ben, so he may be in trouble, Tony wants Kim out and of course they could just stick with the plan and get rid of Jeremy. But then the 50/50 advantage could work. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

And has Jeremy even won a challenge yet?  One?  I'm so confused why he's a threat.

I think he won the first one after they merged. The one where they were holding onto the pole. But yeah Jeremy's never been this huge challenge beast.

Ben is basically Cowboy Rupert, right? I mean, I don’t think his ego and pride are as big, but the beard and grisly voice make me think that.

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 4
1 minute ago, truthaboutluv said:

So many people can go here. The only people safe are Tony and Denise and I guess Sarah and Michelle, because no one cares about her. Nick got himself in trouble with Tony for being so obviously shady, Nick and Kim and company know they can't trust Ben, so he may be in trouble, Tony wants Kim out and of course they could just stick with the plan and get rid of Jeremy. But then the 50/50 advantage could work. 

LOL yeah Tony you're never shady 🙄

• Love 1
Just now, Growsonwalls said:

Are Jeremy and Tony friends in real life? Tony wants to save him an awful lot.

Not sure.  Jeremy's obviously a number for Tony.  

I also wondered if it's a first responder connection.  Jeremy's a firefighter (and Val's a cop), and Tony's a cop, so maybe there's some respect there, too.

• Love 3

On another note, I know Nick is really screwing up, but I feel bad that he's gettin torn apart by his edit. Ben looks like a dummy, but they've portrayed him as a funny dummy. 

Nick just looks stupid. And yeah, I get a good part is due to his own hand. But they made Nick look like shit in this episode so far.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm kind of hoping for a complete twist and have Ben go tonight.

I know, I'm wishing for something won't happen. But it beats the predictable Jeremy vs Kim. And I want Tony to get screwed.

I would love it because Ben basically would have voted himself out.  All he needed to do was keep his mouth shut, or tell Tony what he wanted to hear (assuming he doesn't go along with Tony).

• Love 1
Just now, Growsonwalls said:

Are Jeremy and Tony friends in real life? Tony wants to save him an awful lot.

I don't think it's about saving Jeremy so much but Tony's always looking at all the angles. He's s****** and exhausting to watch but the man plays hard. Honestly, I've come to the point where I'd be fine if he won the whole thing. 

His vote last week was because he saw a perfect opportunity to get rid of Sophie who he saw as a threat to his game. Tonight, I think he'd have been fine with the Jeremy vote until big mouth Ben came and told him that there'd been a plan to blindside him until he won immunity. 

So naturally he's now wondering if it's best to get rid of Jeremy who is pretty much on the outs and will work with him because he needs someone (well other than Michelle) and eliminate a threat that's gunning for him. Makes sense. 

• Love 3