Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: Awkward

• Start Topic

Jenna’s jealousy mounts as the charter guests continue to shamelessly flirt with Adam. Paget and Ciara can’t get on the same page, but Paget and Georgia are perfectly in tune. Adam makes a big romantic gesture for Jenna that backfires. And a shocking marriage proposal puts a relationship to the test.

Airs April 27, 2020.

So Lindy was the Primary and not Jesse?  I felt terrible for him with the way she treated him. Why did she even bring him along - she seemed way more into her girlfriend.  I don’t know whether Madison is just getting a sympathetic edit and were not seeing her bad behavior or does no one  like her at all? Byron is particularly vicious to her and I’m not sure why. Also, I would feel the same way she does about being left out of all the happy couples; it’s awkward.  Adam and Jenna - he is dysfunctional in every relationship he enters but she is such an unpleasant person I don’t care.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, Caseysgirl said:

felt terrible for him with the way she treated him. Why did she even bring him along - she seemed way more into her girlfriend.  I

They apparently broke up shortly before this filmed but since everything was already planned just decided to pretend they were still together.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Now there's some pillow talk!  Adam goes full psycho because Jenna didn't swoon over his hand-picked weeds.

Go log!

eta: missed the part of Jenna whining how nobody ever sent her flowers and it would probably make her cry, so now I see where Adam would expect a better reaction.

A truly toxic couple

And why on earth were they recording their private master suite intercourse time.....THAT was bizarre and just creepy! 

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, endure said:

And why on earth were they recording their private master suite intercourse time.....THAT was bizarre and just creepy! 

They have shown more in the past it’s what you sign up for on reality tv.

This isn’t a criticism of Madison because she did the best with what she had but the beach picnic looked like the low budget set design of the original Roswell tv show.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

That was the best moment, Adam taking a header right there to pick some ratty weeds.

Crew pretty much fed up with each other by now.

Byron needs to take a lesson from Glen and be more low-key.  But why do they have him go out to dinners with the other crew?  He may try to chat up the crew a bit but the show is about the younger drama queens.

Too bad they didn't run into Parker.  Might have made the dinner more entertaining.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

In addition to Adam being a psycho, he also had no qualms about lying to Paget's face when Paget took him ashore. He said he was looking for garnishes, when, really, he was gathering flowers for his girlfriend. Paget could have had other things to do on deck or be using his own break to help Adam. Either way, it's not cool that Adam lied to him.

• Love 24

Madison is definitely getting a sympathetic edit. How about all the shots of her working her ass off while Jenna lays around (literally) in the stew mess recounting the beach picnic. 

I don't blame her for not wanting to be out with all the couples and their drama. She's disappointed that Georgia keeps hanging around Pagat and now Chris. Parker's gone and, at this point, she's realizing that Byron's a snake.

Bryon is a try-hard. He's one of those bored married men who gets off hearing about his single friends antics.  No true friendship with anyone, he just wants to the sit at the popular table.

I have no words for the Adam/Jenna pillow talk except to say they deserve each other. 

• Love 24

Ok so the whole audio sex tape for Jenna and Adam...….were they still wearing the mikes while having sex?  Their voices were pretty clear and didn't sound like they were sitting on the floor with bunched up clothes.  Ewww.

And did Adam wait until he got some before he decided to "end it".  From what they showed Adam was pouting all day and at dinner so I was surprised they knocked boots.  And they showed the time they went in and when we heard the last gasp of pleasure and it was 28 minutes.  Was that intentional?  HA!

And Bryon is part of the mean girl team on the boat.  I can understand Madison feeling the way she does but girl hold it together and don't let them see you cry.  They want her to fall apart or be moody to justify the horrible treatment of her.  And Jenna telling the new guy to go after Georgia and insult her because she likes that, was nasty.  Shirt stirrer...….

• Love 22

I like Chris so much better than Parker.  Would love to hear stories from when he worked on Eric Clapton’s yacht.  I don’t understand Georgia at all.  She was super flirting with Chris and then when he starts to show interest she acts really bitchy.  I’m bored by her.

• Love 21

I think Georgia just likes to flirt.  She doesn't necessarily want anything to come from it.  I think she especially likes it if she can be "shocking" like the way she flirts with Paget.  If she can make him blush, she enjoys it even more.

• Love 17

So last week Jenna got her undies in a bunch because Madison was allegedly getting into her business.  This week, Jenna not only airs her business to the charter guests but gets all up in Georgia's business by telling Chris to basically hit it because it would benefit everybody?  

And why is it okay for Jenna to be sitting down and socializing with the charter guests but Parker got reamed for chatting up the guests?  

Jenna, is the WORST chief stew in the history of chief stews.  What I wouldn't give to have her working under Kate.  Kate would eat her alive and I'd be there for that.

I think Georgia was flirting with Chris because he's male and he's there. Plus, screen time.  Inexplicably, she seems to want Paget.  

So Ciara invites Paget to dinner so they can have some alone time (understandable).  Paget turns around and invites Adam and Jenna, making it a double date?  If I were Ciara, I'd be hurt and more than a little pissed off.  Sitting at a table for four across from the rest of the crew is hardly a dinner out alone anyhow.  

I feel for Madison because she really is a third wheel.  Byron is being a pissy little bitch to her for no apparent reason.   Is he just a mean girl or angling for more screen time? 

I got where Adam was coming from with the flowers.  Jenna made such a point to tell him that she NEVER gets flowers, no one has ever sent her flowers, that she would probably break down and cry if anyone ever sent her flowers.  I mean, maybe he should have waited until the charter was over and then bought her flowers from a street vendor or something when they went out to eat but at least he tried (and face planted a log in the process).  And instead of seeing the gesture as a sweet, romantic or caring one, she really blew him off and was pretty indifferent about the whole thing.  However, Adam is an ass and deserved the whole thing after his glee over Parker potentially being fired.  

That proposal was awkward AF.  Of course Jenna is going to encourage Jesse.  She's still salty about the women finding Adam cute.  Don't worry, Jenna.   They're all intoxicated and would probably find that log Adam ran into "hot."  So she encourages Jesse to propose, the same way she encouraged him to run down to the galley to see what's going on.  Even though Adam told her that she didn't need to worry -- young, blonde Californians weren't his type (obviously boring, needy and whiny shitty chief stews are).

Not surprised by their "surprise" blow up post-banging in the master.  Wonder how soon Adam and/or Jenna will play runtelldat with the rest of the crew?  And their moody, sulky behavior will no doubt impact the rest of the crew but hey, don't be getting into Jenna's business!  

• Love 17

Still dont understand why these dopes can't resist hooking up as soon as they are on the boat. Jenna seemed to be so desperate for this that as soon as Adam showed the least bit of interest she threw herself at him in the hot top. Now that they are a couple both Adam and Jenna take great pleasure in rubbing this in everyone's faces. Sort of look at us. Aren't we cool and now we will just slobber all over each other while on duty. And if you don't treat us like we are special we will punish you. Jenna's words not mine. I despise these people. In any other work place this hooking up during work hours would not be tolerated. Bravo please plesase don't bring this back and if you do can Jenna and the rest of the mean  girls like Adam and Byron. Actually just cancel this mess. It is not interesting and not fun to watch. Kate can be mean but she is also witty and she never had a boat romance with another crew member while on duty that I remember anyway. I am not counting that made up story about " Jesus" or her pretending to like that deck crew guy from last season.  Nothing came of that. I think kate knows this would not be cool. 

• Love 9

The wasp invasion was fantastic!  Too funny watching these idiots scramble.

Jesse needs better taste in women.

Madison did a great job on the beach set up.  They should use that spot more often.

Screw you Lord Byron and your “she craves attention” BS.  He gets worse every week.  Card carrying member of The Mean Girls Club.

Madison rightly feels like all you couples (Byron has Glenn) are shunning her, though they don't notice.  That mess started, iirc, when they started talking about her in front of her and she said something like , "Um, I'm right here, I'm invisible to you people".

Buck up girl!  Only 2 charters (eta: and $3000+) to go.  I think she's tough enough.

Edited by PaperTree
  • Love 12

First of all, Adam should have waited until they docked to get flowers. He could have purchased a few roses for ole needle nose. 

Adam flips a switch so fast that it solidifies my suspicions that this guy is borderline. He goes from love to hate in 60 seconds. He needs a lot of therapy and anger management. His behaviour is scary and destructive. 

Bryon's lame sexual jokes are creepy. Even creepier that he's saying them in front of the Captain, and within earshot of charter guests. Dude, you're not funny.

Georgia works fast. Her style of flirting is effective but used with the wrong guy could get her in serious trouble. She's going to use the new guy, Chris,  to get Paget jealous. It's already working. He was making googly eyes at her when they all went out for dinner. Chris seems competent, nice, and good natured so far. I was kinda hoping he'd connect with Madison. I feel for her. She works hard but is often overlooked. I understand the frustration of feeling like a fifth wheel. 

Influencers are the scourge of the earth. I can't stand them. These charter guests seemed particularly vapid and devoid of personality. I really couldn't tell the two long haired blondes apart. Oh well, they seem to make a lot more money than I do. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

They apparently broke up shortly before this filmed but since everything was already planned just decided to pretend they were still together.

so that whole stupid proposal was a show? How pathetic to be that thirsty for screen time.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

so that whole stupid proposal was a show? How pathetic to be that thirsty for screen time.

Apparently, she has been active on SM. She did an IGLive last night to discuss this weeks episode. I don’t know if she talked about the fake engagement or not because I can’t stand her voice.

Edited by biakbiak
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, endure said:

The influencer who didn’t get engaged uggggghhh ~ her voice.

It was like daggers to my ears.  I was impressed, though, that she had the sense to turn down that proposal.  That's a couple whose toxicity appears to even be worse than Jenna and Adam.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Byron is definitely a predator. If he wasn’t married or more correctly on TV where his wife might found out he would be all over Madison.

The way he is breaking down Madison is just how a predator works on the self esteem of a vulnerable young girl. I guess he is just doing it to keep in practice but I see you Bryon.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Adam flips a switch so fast that it solidifies my suspicions that this guy is borderline. He goes from love to hate in 60 seconds. He needs a lot of therapy and anger management. His behaviour is scary and destructive. 

Adam scares me. I had an ex like that, who would get aggressive and frightening if I didn't do just what he wanted or respond the way he imagined it in his head. Jenna needs to get away from him, fast.

• Love 6

Although I'm certainly no fan of Adam, Last night I was applauding him for letting Jenna have it! She's a horrible chief stew, self centered, manipulative and clueless about how her actions affect others. Let's hope Adams "good sense" lasts for the next two charters. Now about Madison. What's gotten into that girl? Was it just because everyone was "coupled up" and she didn't have a chance to hook up with Parker? That was a blessing in disguise. He's a spoiled kid that was raised on a silver spoon. When the going gets a little tough....he quits...oh....er....sorry...resigns! Madison dodged a bullet. Got a chuckle when Jenna was worried he'd show up at the restaurant. Even though Madison seems full of drama in this episode, I'm not sure it wasn't producer requested. She's been pretty level headed (ie. the 'roided up body builder). Maybe it was time to give ratings a boost? Of all the women on board, (and if I were 20 years younger) I'd be interested mostly in her. I think she is the sexiest stew on the boat.  I also decided tonight that Byron is officially a jerk. He so desperately wants to be single again and he gossips like a washer woman. Instead of partying with the youngsters, he should be back onboard Parsifal and surfing the 'net with captain Glenn  :) 

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

she seemed way more into her girlfriend

Two stereotypical California blonds. We aren't all this way, but some do over try.

I would need a lot of bleach.

Edited by nokat
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, aqusdealer said:

What's gotten into that girl? Was it just because everyone was "coupled up" and she didn't have a chance to hook up with Parker? That was a blessing in disguise. He's a spoiled kid that was raised on a silver spoon. When the going gets a little tough....he quits...oh....er....sorry...resigns! Madison dodged a bullet.

A hook up. Okay. Parker is a man baby. A pretty one though. As you said, silver spoon.

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Jenna has no interest in getting away from Adam hence the crying and begging him to stop last night. She will cling to this creep as long as he allows her. 

One thing I did appreciate Adam saying was that he and Jenna had only been going out for about three weeks.  I don't care for Adam, but her clinginess given the really limited nature of their relationship at least gives me an idea as to why Adam gets annoyed with her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

Although I'm certainly no fan of Adam, Last night I was applauding him for letting Jenna have it! She's a horrible chief stew, self centered, manipulative and clueless about how her actions affect others. Let's hope Adams "good sense" lasts for the next two charters. Now about Madison. What's gotten into that girl? Was it just because everyone was "coupled up" and she didn't have a chance to hook up with Parker? That was a blessing in disguise. He's a spoiled kid that was raised on a silver spoon. When the going gets a little tough....he quits...oh....er....sorry...resigns! Madison dodged a bullet. Got a chuckle when Jenna was worried he'd show up at the restaurant. Even though Madison seems full of drama in this episode, I'm not sure it wasn't producer requested. She's been pretty level headed (ie. the 'roided up body builder). Maybe it was time to give ratings a boost? Of all the women on board, (and if I were 20 years younger) I'd be interested mostly in her. I think she is the sexiest stew on the boat.  I also decided tonight that Byron is officially a jerk. He so desperately wants to be single again and he gossips like a washer woman. Instead of partying with the youngsters, he should be back onboard Parsifal and surfing the 'net with captain Glenn  🙂

The highlight of Madison’s nights off seem to be having fun with Georgia. Maybe that’s what ultimately set her off - Georgia was too busy fake flirting with Chris, while continuing to flirt with Paget. And who wants to be stuck with Byron’s sly bitch comments? It was immature, but I sort of got it. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, AryasMum said:

The highlight of Madison’s nights off seem to be having fun with Georgia. Maybe that’s what ultimately set her off - Georgia was too busy fake flirting with Chris, while continuing to flirt with Paget. And who wants to be stuck with Byron’s sly bitch comments? It was immature, but I sort of got it. 

Yes, Georgia was making that dinner all about herself, focusing the conversation towards herself and her flirtatious ways.

As for Madison’s poor behavior at dinner I see that she’s exhausted.

Secondly, she didn’t have a great childhood and I’d bet learning to control her emotions wasn’t part of her upbringing.

Between her grief at her sister’s murder, not just a death but a murder, and then  Parker rejecting her romantically and leaving the boat, she was feeling abandoned. Not that she could put a name to it and work through her emotions, she’s not that emotionally evolved due to her childhood.

Then everyone pairs off and her only friend on the boat starts to turn the dinner into her own personal “adore me!” date and it all got to be too much and her worst fears came out. What did she say, she was too ugly? Unlovable? I don’t remember exactly but she couldn’t come back to the table and recover from it.
FWIW, I think Byron was reaching out to help with his questions. Look at him, he’s a third wheel too but he just smiles and drinks and rolls with it.

I think she really needs a good hard cry, a soothing shower, and a good nights sleep. But she knows everyone is going to talk about her and she will be even further estranged from everyone and she’s already  at her breaking point.
Jenna will take her own unhappiness and direct it at Madison as well. Madison doesn’t feel emotionally safe on the boat and I don’t think she is emotionally safe with most of these people. In the same situation I think most of us could suck it up and power through, but for her? I’m not so sure she’ll last the season.

I’m not glad to see my revulsion of Adam was deserved. He wants to fight with Jenna! What exactly was she supposed to say in bed to calm him down?
did anyone else originally think he was slapping her when he said, “I will attack you!”? For the record, I think he was clapping his hands for emphasis but my first thought was physical violence.
In his confessional he said he wanted to make her happy and when he didn’t make her happy, he failed.
His numerous use of the words “make her” stood out to me and somehow at least one use seemed ... odd. Icky odd.

Thank goodness for New Chris, there are some sad and unhappy people on this boat and he is a breath of fresh air!

• Love 10
11 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

Although I'm certainly no fan of Adam, Last night I was applauding him for letting Jenna have it! She's a horrible chief stew, self centered, manipulative and clueless about how her actions affect others. Let's hope Adams "good sense" lasts for the next two charters. Now about Madison. What's gotten into that girl? Was it just because everyone was "coupled up" and she didn't have a chance to hook up with Parker? That was a blessing in disguise. He's a spoiled kid that was raised on a silver spoon. When the going gets a little tough....he quits...oh....er....sorry...resigns! Madison dodged a bullet. Got a chuckle when Jenna was worried he'd show up at the restaurant. Even though Madison seems full of drama in this episode, I'm not sure it wasn't producer requested. She's been pretty level headed (ie. the 'roided up body builder). Maybe it was time to give ratings a boost? Of all the women on board, (and if I were 20 years younger) I'd be interested mostly in her. I think she is the sexiest stew on the boat.  I also decided tonight that Byron is officially a jerk. He so desperately wants to be single again and he gossips like a washer woman. Instead of partying with the youngsters, he should be back onboard Parsifal and surfing the 'net with captain Glenn  🙂

My take on Madison this episode, especially at the dinner was that she was feeling lonely. First, the couples sperated themselves for a date night.  The way that all went down, I felt like Jenna was saying “you’re not on a date so you can’t sit with us.  Couples only At this table!”  I don’t think she’s totally upset because she didn’t hook up with Parker, but she does miss her partner in crime.  Then at dinner her other partner in crime is more focused on Flirting with Chris, essentially preventing Madison from even trying to have a regular conversation with Chris.  I’ve been there, so I can imagine how she’s feeling. And it all built up and came out in her outburst at dinner.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

FWIW, I think Byron was reaching out to help with his questions. Look at him, he’s a third wheel too but he just smiles and drinks and rolls with it.

I do think he was trying to help, but is also frustrated with what he sees as her drama, and then makes comments about that, which of course fuel the attitude toward her among the others.  But as far as being a third wheel, he is married, so of course he's not going to couple up on the boat (one would hope!), and she knows he's married and so he has a safe space where he's got someone in his corner, albeit right now a faraway corner, so it's easier for him to roll with it.

As far as Madison is concerned, I'm still very sympathetic--I do agree that her emotions come out in a way that people see as drama, but I don't think it all is drama for the sake of drama, so it irritates me when people dismiss it.  [ETA--by people I mean her coworkers!]

Edited by Jobiska
  • Love 9

You're all so insightful as usual that all my points have been covered already! You're all my lifeline to the world at this point lol 

I agree Byron is low key passive aggressive with Madison and he has his radar on her. If he were single he would hook up with her so I think he's a tad fixated.  

I agree that it was weird of Adam to have sex with Jenna after not connecting w/ her all day after he got annoyed by her lack of enthusiasm over the flowers. He has issues but I see he got a bang in before ending the relationship so...eww..

He was rather defensive about not telling someone he loves them after a matter of 3 weeks but on BDM he told Malia he loved her after 2 weeks apparently so there's that.  Very weird guy with issues. 

Charter guests= boring. 

Madison deserves a nice guy from what I see see of her but i think we've all been there a time or 2. My 1st reaction though was to think "Byron isn't coupled up and neither is Glenn. You're FINE chickie!" I get the point though that it's just not comforting when you're *in it* and kind of in that self loathing state. It will be ok Madison- be yourself. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Madison deserves a nice guy from what I see see of her but i think we've all been there a time or 2. My 1st reaction though was to think "Byron isn't coupled up and neither is Glenn. You're FINE chickie!" I get the point though that it's just not comforting when you're *in it* and kind of in that self loathing state. It will be ok Madison- be yourself.

Agree.  It breaks my heart that she thinks she is unattractive, so untrue, and by the way, she was rocking that silver dress.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Agree.  It breaks my heart that she thinks she is unattractive, so untrue, and by the way, she was rocking that silver dress.

Well, if she wants to be a model or in fashion she's going to have to get used to being judge primarily on her looks. Too bad she isn't aiming a bit higher. 

I am walking away from the drama.  They are all spoiled brats, some more than others, but these over the top emotional drama queens is boring, and no longer entertaining.  I don't watch any of the Real Housewives anymore.  Never liked Vanderpump Rules.  JMHO of course.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Grrarrggh said:

Well, if she wants to be a model or in fashion she's going to have to get used to being judge primarily on her looks. Too bad she isn't aiming a bit higher. 

Madison wants to be a model?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

That silver dress and her hair and makeup were gorgeous!
I usually don't care for red lips with super blond hair but she rocked it!

• Love 5

I felt for Madison at the crew's dinner out. Surrounded by couples is not easy especially if you've been picked on by several of your coworkers. She understandably felt excluded and alone, particularly when Georgia was making a play for the new guy, leaving Madison without a "partner."  And, props to Madison for having the decency to show discomfort at the juvenile jokes about Parker, made by mean girl Jenna and Adam.(oh they thought they were so funny to laugh about Parker)  Madison considered Parker a friend and did not want to sit at the table while the rest made mean jokes about him.  Madison is the only one at that dinner showing evena modicum of decency and class.  Jenna, in particular, showed once again that she is totally trailer trash.  

• Love 11
12 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

That silver dress and her hair and makeup were gorgeous!

Right?? The whole look, to me, had a very old-Hollywood-glam vibe.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Kiki777 said:
18 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

Right?? The whole look, to me, had a very old-Hollywood-glam vibe.

Yes, spot on LCarolyn ...I remember watching and saying to myself  that I’ve never cared for the big red lip look (as it usually sticks out as very “overdone”) too, but how it really works for Madison. 

And Kiki, I was also wondering what it was about the look, you nailed it too.

• Love 3
On 4/28/2020 at 5:50 AM, Jsage said:

In addition to Adam being a psycho, he also had no qualms about lying to Paget's face when Paget took him ashore. He said he was looking for garnishes, when, really, he was gathering flowers for his girlfriend. Paget could have had other things to do on deck or be using his own break to help Adam. Either way, it's not cool that Adam lied to him.

Maybe that is why he got smacked in the head....instant karma 🤔

• LOL 4
  • Love 2