Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 4/27/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Okay, this reporter keeps saying Reade told "us", and "that one of the people we've talked to is her brother... and he told us" and then "after our interview he texted us to clarify".

The Washington Post had an article on April 12, and said this about her brother -

In another recent interview, Reade’s brother, Collin Moulton, said she told him in 1993 that Biden had behaved inappropriately by touching her neck and shoulders. Their mother urged Reade to contact the police, Moulton said, adding that he felt “ashamed now for not being a better advocate” for his sister. Several days after that interview, he said in a text message that he recalled her telling him that Biden had put his hand “under her clothes.”

Is Mary Burton trying to make it sound like ABC News is the one who talked to the brother?  Obviously more than one reporter covering a story will be getting similar statements, but It's highly unlikely that the brother had to clarify his story in a follow-up text to both the WP and ABC for the exact same reason. 

She could have easily substituted "the press" or "reporter(s)" for "us", which she said repeatedly during her appearance.  It seems unethical, but I guess since she didn't say "told ABC", that lets her off the hook.  

Added - My speculation above was incorrect.  Last night I discovered that ABC News did report on the story and had an article online on Wednesday.  The same sequence of events happened to them, too. 

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

Lol Joy asked a question- I thought there was a glitch because the reporter repeated word for word what she had just said before Joy asked her question. And how interesting that many that were 'believe women' before aren't doing that now.

• Love 3

I think they've all questioned stories on this show before... From what I remember, Joy never did "fall in line" when it came to the Al Franken accusation, although she supported others like those that accused Harvey Weinstein. And they all dismissed the Aziz Ansari story. I don't think any of them have said believe women even when they're contradicting themselves...

• Love 13

The story broke a long time ago, but I'm glad that The View finally covered the Tara Reade story. I didn't like Joy's question regarding Tara's story being used by Trump or bringing up Trump's transgressions. That shouldn't matter and Trump will use anything, because he's Trump and an egotistical narcissist.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, UpTooLate said:

They all talked about sweet Will Reeve was, but they neglected to mention that he is Christopher Reeve's son! Once I found that out, the resemblance was unmistakable.

The resemblance is uncanny isnt it?  Especially a younger Chris early in the start of his career.  When Will first started at GMA and he had his first few stories, they would always introduce him as 'the son of...'.  But they stopped after a few and now he is just Will 'no pants' Reeve. Hehehe 🚫👖

• Love 1

One small beef, and i know its Brian or whomever, but why do they have to chase guests off so quick?  Do they (panel or guest) have someplace to be? lol.  I could have listened to many more stories by Nathan Lane.  I know other shows do the same thing after like 5 mins to go to a cooking segment? idiots.  And again i repeat, i know its TPTB, and not the ladies. They gotta go when they gotta go ( tm Whoopi) and theres technology and an annoying lag time to deal with.  Still i wouldnt have minded more stories.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

I know this is mean but the doc who was on today had a voice that assaulted my ears.  I had to ff through the segment. 

I thought the same thing!  I really wanted to hear what she was saying, giving some interesting facts but her voice reminded me of the voice of one of my professors in college.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I think they've all questioned stories on this show before... From what I remember, Joy never did "fall in line" when it came to the Al Franken accusation, although she supported others like those that accused Harvey Weinstein. And they all dismissed the Aziz Ansari story. I don't think any of them have said believe women even when they're contradicting themselves...

Whether it's right or wrong a lot of people believe the accuser based on how they feel about the accused.

Again, MM just feels the need to get as many words in as possible in her allotted time.  And, in the misuse of words department, ingenuity is pronounced “in” genuity, not “on” genuity.  Hard to get past the glasses and lipstick, also.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Triviatrish2 said:

Again, MM just feels the need to get as many words in as possible in her allotted time.  And, in the misuse of words department, ingenuity is pronounced “in” genuity, not “on” genuity.  Hard to get past the glasses and lipstick, also.

In the segment with the fellow stuck on the cruise ship, Miss Mensa put her ignorance on blast with:  "There is no such word as "incidences". Incidents is the plural of incident."  Why don't "her people" clue her in??  LOLOLOL!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Miss Smarty Pants College Graduate said "incidences' as the plural of incident.

Oh, I'm so sorry, Medicine Crow!!!    I hit Submit a split second after your post!    Apologies.  

• Love 7
(edited)

Doesn't everybody know - "incidences" comes from the same dictionary that "criseses" comes from.

Added - Lol!  I first posted this about a minute before she said "criseses" (for at least the third time in the past few weeks).

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

Paula left the show on her own. The rumors and stories at the time were not true. I hope the book does well and she's back in NYC at GMA soon.

25 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Poor Paula!  I hope the guy that threw the apple was charged!  I didn’t know she was having so many emotional issues. ☹️

Yes that was awful. That person needs to be in jail for assault.

• Love 8

If I had been in the View audience the day Paula said her dream job was to open crisis pregnancy centers, I would have thrown an apple at her.   I have no idea about what happened to her because I am not watching the show today. The show is bad enough but it worthless on not live Fridays. If they were smart, they would show classic episodes of the show. I am watching a classic episode of Y & R instead of The View. I highly recommend it instead of this mess.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

In the segment with the fellow stuck on the cruise ship, Miss Mensa put her ignorance on blast with:  "There is no such word as "incidences". Incidents is the plural of incident."  Why don't "her people" clue her in??  LOLOLOL!!!

My question is why don't Joy or Sunny tell her?! I remember them calling out Jonathan Karl and Dr. Birx for not correcting the president...why can't they correct MM?

I'm not saying its their job to correct her,  but it would be so satisfying to watch.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
On 4/30/2020 at 10:56 AM, Lifesabeach said:

Oh man.  Did anyone else think that Missy’s lipstick was encroaching a smidge into “Joker” turf?  🤫🤡

Today it was Joker doing kabuki.  Won’t someone help her please?! At least for the viewers’ sake.

Hope y’all have a sane safe weekend.  🍸🍸🐕

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Megamouth's face eating glasses are not flattering to her schnoz.  Yikes. 

images.jpg.385a15ae6479e4d70d105d09d146dc92.jpg

Thank you!  I was needing a new profile pic for this other thing and that is perfect!  I love it, thx

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 4/30/2020 at 12:22 PM, falltime said:

Lol Joy asked a question- I thought there was a glitch because the reporter repeated word for word what she had just said before Joy asked her question. And how interesting that many that were 'believe women' before aren't doing that now.

From my understanding, It is women are to be heard and not believe all women.. I have heard Tara Reade and I don't believe her.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 15
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

From my understanding, It is women are to be heard and not believe all women.. I have heard Tara Reade and I don't believe her.. 

Your understanding is my understanding of it as well. 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

If I had been in the View audience the day Paula said her dream job was to open crisis pregnancy centers, I would have thrown an apple at her. 

I don't know about any of that, but the clip they showed of the apple hitting her head, that was a clear assault.  She suffered a concussion.

I would like to know the story about who threw that apple and why.

But regardless, that was a physical assault.

• Love 10

Me-again's glasses do have a Groucho vibe... they make her nose look bigger.

I figured she wore them to make her eyes look bigger, since she tends to squint, frown, and shoot daggers at info or guests or others hosts that she a)  doesn't like and b) definitely doesn't understand, thereby resorting to twisting their statements. 

Of course there are no guests/hosts to glare at,  so she is stuck with trying in vain to look semi-intelligent with glasses and pen, like Mensa member, Jenni McCarthy,  as another poster pointed out earlier. 

I wonder why no baby bump progress shown. She can go on maternity leave anytime.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Tosia said:

wonder why no baby bump progress shown. She can go on maternity leave anytime.  

Okay, super snarky here, but..........how could we tell.    I think she could have sat at the table all this time, never said a word about pregnancy, and we'd never have known..   Sorry is that's one toke over the line, but I can't stand her.    Or her stupid Groucho glasses.   Or her Alfalfa headband.   Or anything about her.   I hope she falls so madly in love with this baby that she can't bear to be apart from him/her for one single second and never comes back to The View.

• Love 10

Since the co-hosts are now at home, I find I'm enjoying the show so much more.  No more interrupting, talking over one another or eye rolling since only one person is on screen at a  time.  I find it so refreshing from their former normal.   They're being courteous in taking turns.  

Regarding Meghan, it appears the camera is too close to her which exaggerates the size of her face and especially those glasses.  She'd look better if she was a few feet more from the camera.  The headbands/turbans she wears do nothing for her.  The other gals look much better, especially Whoopi who is wearing a nice variety of tops.

• Love 8

Sunny (or whoever her tech person is) is doing a fabulous job with her at-home setup.   Nice background, perfect distance from the camera, audio seems good, fabulous lighting.

Joy's is awful.   Terrible audio, terrible video (it always looks blurry to me), and the lighting is bad.  

Whoopi's setup seems okay, lighting and sound-wise.   Whoopi herself, though, seems a bit lost.   She still can't seem to string sensible words together, and just appears off somehow, like she's still trying to figure this whole 'work from home' thing out.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Tosia said:

Me-again's glasses do have a Groucho vibe... they make her nose look bigger.

Big glasses are one thing,  but why BLACK frames? Neutral frames, or pinl/peach ones, would look so much better. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, UpTooLate said:

Did I make this up, or did I hear Meghan pronounce "bona fide" as bone-a-feedy?

Apparently she was trying to show how smart she is by attempting the Latin pronunciation.

• LOL 3

Overall, I found this week to be another dud week. They've gotten much better with the tech aspects of broadcasting from home, but there's still something off with the show. I just find the show 'unpleasant' each day for the past few weeks.

It doesn't help that Joy is irritable and not relaxed, while Megan is angry and defensive every morning.  Whoopi and Sunny seem to be biding their time, making the season run out.  Really not too enjoyable. 

• Love 5

I think Sunny's sound could use some improvement.  It sounds "hollow", or something, like she's in a large room with extremely high ceilings.

There's a new weekly half-hour show on AMC that actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan cooked up, called Friday Night In with the Morgans where he and his wife Hillarie Burton talk to three of their friends, and for the entire show all four feeds are on screen at the same time. 

It amazes me how well they get this three-week old show to work.  Neither JDM or HB has hosted a talk show before, and what's more, each show has included one friend who's not famous, and unlikely to have done any tv.  (One week it was their family doctor; the next week it was a local farmer.)  But there's very little awkwardness or talking over each other.  They do talk about the pandemic, and being stuck at home, but they all seem to be enjoying each other's company, and there's a lot of laughter.

Watching it really made me realize just how bad The View is right now.  No one really acts like they want to be there; they're just going through the motions.  The serious issues they talk about are better covered on actual news shows, and their "light-hearted" topics come off as forced, and are usually so cringeworthy that if they took a poll, they would probably find out that most people watching don't find them amusing at all.

I get it.  They're in the worst-hit area of the country, and have no idea when it will be safe to venture out again.  (On the other hand, other NYC-based hosts like Colbert and Meyers aren't all doom and gloom all the time.)   

I don't think I'm assuming too much to say that even under the best of circumstances none of the hosts really enjoy this job, and that they put a lot of effort into pretending that they do (some more than others).  With things as they are right now, that's just not happening.  

Maybe they should shake things up a bit and do something like have only two hosts anchor a segment at a time, or just have two hosts on for any particular day, and rotate them.  Four hosts, and a formula where everyone insists on equal time, just doesn't work with this new format.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, lusinia said:

I think Sunny's sound could use some improvement.  It sounds "hollow", or something, like she's in a large room with extremely high ceilings.

There's a new weekly half-hour show on AMC that actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan cooked up, called Friday Night In with the Morgans where he and his wife Hillarie Burton talk to three of their friends, and for the entire show all four feeds are on screen at the same time. 

It amazes me how well they get this three-week old show to work.  Neither JDM or HB has hosted a talk show before, and what's more, each show has included one friend who's not famous, and unlikely to have done any tv.  (One week it was their family doctor; the next week it was a local farmer.)  But there's very little awkwardness or talking over each other.  They do talk about the pandemic, and being stuck at home, but they all seem to be enjoying each other's company, and there's a lot of laughter.

Watching it really made me realize just how bad The View is right now.  No one really acts like they want to be there; they're just going through the motions.  The serious issues they talk about are better covered on actual news shows, and their "light-hearted" topics come off as forced, and are usually so cringeworthy that if they took a poll, they would probably find out that most people watching don't find them amusing at all.

I get it.  They're in the worst-hit area of the country, and have no idea when it will be safe to venture out again.  (On the other hand, other NYC-based hosts like Colbert and Meyers aren't all doom and gloom all the time.)   

I don't think I'm assuming too much to say that even under the best of circumstances none of the hosts really enjoy this job, and that they put a lot of effort into pretending that they do (some more than others).  With things as they are right now, that's just not happening.  

Maybe they should shake things up a bit and do something like have only two hosts anchor a segment at a time, or just have two hosts on for any particular day, and rotate them.  Four hosts, and a formula where everyone insists on equal time, just doesn't work with this new format.

200.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, lusinia said:

They're in the worst-hit area of the country, and have no idea when it will be safe to venture out again.  (On the other hand, other NYC-based hosts like Colbert and Meyers aren't all doom and gloom all the time.)   

Yeah, but as far as I know, Colbert and Meyers aren't getting pre-empted 9 days out of 10. The ladies of The View have had engagement issues for a long time, but social distancing and nearly-daily pre-emption  has made them look worse. It's like they went from half-assing their jobs to quarter-assing? eighth-assing? Whatever is even less than half-assing.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

Overall, I found this week to be another dud week. They've gotten much better with the tech aspects of broadcasting from home, but there's still something off with the show. I just find the show 'unpleasant' each day for the past few weeks.

It doesn't help that Joy is irritable and not relaxed, while Megan is angry and defensive every morning.  Whoopi and Sunny seem to be biding their time, making the season run out.  Really not too enjoyable. 

Yikes I'm about to admit to something and frankly its left me shaken lol.  On Friday's show, i was actually in agreement with a lot of what MM was saying.  the *horror* ! Hehehe! oh well Im sure it wont last.  Like sands through the hourglass.....wrong show?  

• LOL 5

I wonder if they do think, "well, we're being preempted; nobody's seeing this" so they don't bother to put in much effort?  (Or, since they are doing the show and not watching tv, do they even realize they're being preempted?)

I don't know if other ABC affiliates besides the one in NY carry Gov. Cuomo's briefings, or if there are daily briefings in other states at that hour, but it hasn't been preempted since March where I live, either.  

On 5/2/2020 at 7:16 PM, UpTooLate said:

But she won't. Nothing is worthwhile to her unless it's in front of an audience. She will want to be Public Mom. All those times she whined about having nothing to contribute to a discussion because she didn't have kids? She's been WAITING.

Thats what Ive been keeping my fingers crossed on.  I have another idea though...she should start writing books!  Fiction, nonfiction, baby, history, whatever!  She has a lot to say, she can get out her pov, she can be at home with the baby.  Its a win-win 😉

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

I wonder if they do think, "well, we're being preempted; nobody's seeing this" so they don't bother to put in much effort?  (Or, since they are doing the show and not watching tv, do they even realize they're being preempted?)

Even if they are preempted locally the show still airs on Hulu later that day. I've been watching it after work.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Tammee said:

Yikes I'm about to admit to something and frankly its left me shaken lol.  On Friday's show, i was actually in agreement with a lot of what MM was saying.  the *horror* ! Hehehe! oh well Im sure it wont last.  Like sands through the hourglass.....wrong show?  

I can't say I agree with what MM says only because I don't pay enough attention to what she says. I hear her talking way too fast in that montone high pitched voice and the only repeated words I pick up on is "pundit" ,  "Arizona" and "pregnant" - so I'm assuming the pundit  state of Arizona is pregnant ? 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

16 hours ago, lusinia said:

The chemistry of the co-hosts used to be the main ingredient of this show, but there has been no chemistry since they allowed the baby to get away treating everyone there like garbage with no consequences. People can't just act the same after that. None of the other women have any f***s left to give and it shows onscreen 24/7 now.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4