Type keyword(s) to search

Bootee Interviews: Insert Butt Shaking Joke Here

• Start Topic

(edited)

So, I pondered making contestant threads, but that is soooo last year's TWoP!  Besides, many contestants didn't generate enough interest to keep their thread alive.  BUT, I can't help but want to give some attention to the unfortunates who were unceremoniously kicked off.  Perhaps threads for individual dancers might crop up, but until then:

Here is Nick and Malene interviewed by the Pacific Rim Video Press guy whose name I've forgotten, but who I think is a decent interviewer compared to so many others.  Malene impressed me with her philosophical acceptance (and I wasn't a fan of hers).  Poor Nick, he is working on that.  I like that he and Rudy are just emotional types and they make great friends. 

Edit to add:  The interviewers name is Chris Trondsen.

Edited by Anothermi
  • Love 1
(edited)

OK.  Here is another interview by Dance Plug. I usually hate their interviewers, but this one is a dancer and is not bad. 

and Nigel sort of explains to Dance Plug the intent behind his nasty comment to Malene:

(I'm getting tired of their theme music already!!!)

Edited by Anothermi
(edited)

Except that with all the workouts in Not!Vegas, nobody noticed that Malene was not very flexible ?

Probably not, and they cast her anyway ?

Much more likely that Uncle Nigel set her up to be pretty girl-cannon fodder -controversial elimination.

Ratings = $$ (and this season reprieve from cancellation).

I pine for season 3.

Edited by ShaggyDog
(edited)

I've been neglecting the bootees.  Sorry guys. This week it was Marcquet and Brooklyn.  They auditioned together and they went out together. Fitting.  

Here is what Mary Murphy said about Marcquet's final night: (with a little plug for National Dance Day at the end)

I'll post other items as I find them.  Now I have to look up who was booted last week.  I've forgotten already.  Bad me. :-( (OK, I remembered Jourdan, and as I typed this I went YIKES! how could I forget Stanley!  Double bad on me!)

This is kind of an exit interview.  Actually I liked this format, less of a downer.  It's DancePlug with Marcquet, Brooklyn, Emily and Teddy. 

Edited by Anothermi

Ok, found an exit interview for Stanley and Jourdan - with DancePlug, of course.  They're both wearing shirts that (to me) express some of who they are.  Jourdan's is black with white ballerinas and Stanley's is grey with wispy white swirls and shapes - like his dance movements.  They both seem pretty up-beat.  I also want to say that I love Jourdan's voice.  It is so not!little girly, like so many of the female dancers voices.  I think "there's a woman who knows herself" when I hear her speak.  That may not be true, but it's why I like her voice. 

Here is their exit interview:

D'OH!!

Totally forgot that I created this thread last year. (still getting used to not being @ TWoP - that's my excuse)

Here is the only clip I could find for the Top 20 elimination of:

Darion & Lily

Never mind how he did on the show, I can't help but really like Asaf in that last video.  He certainly throws himself into what he does with more speed and energy than we've seen on this show, and he always has a little smile in the interviews, so he really appears to love what he's doing.  I don't even particularly like b-boying, or whatever it is, but I really wish him well.

Never mind how he did on the show, I can't help but really like Asaf in that last video.  

In some of those clips, he's doing choreography. In a couple, he's partnering. What the heck happened between then and now?

He is truly amazing in his milieu.

In some of those clips, he's doing choreography. In a couple, he's partnering. What the heck happened between then and now?
He was probably learning choreography at a much slower pace and learning in Hebrew. His English is obviously strong, but watching him in interviews, he seems to still be translating in his head. This show is so challenging and fast paced that being a non-native speaker is a whole additional challenge.

I thought both Marissa and Asaf came off well in their post-bootee interviews. They both seem genuinely happy and appreciative of what they got to do.

• Love 1

Season 12 Top 14 becomes Top 10:

TEAM STREET Evictees:

DancePlug with Yorelis and Ariana

Hollywood Junket with Yorelis and Ariana

It seems to me that Ariana is having to work at seeing the positive (understandably) but is doing a good job and will be OK. Yorelis is kind of serene knowing she went out on a high.

Season 12 Top 14 becomes Top 10:

TEAM STAGE Evictees:

Hollywood Junket with Kate and Alexia:

DancePlug with Alexia and Kate:

I am not fond of Kate's voice and haven't found a way around that, but I do feel for her. Not because she got eliminated but because she really got screwed on the partner level. And I'm only talking about how many, not their quality.  Up to her elimination she only danced with 4 different partners (not including the larger group dances but including the small group dances - 2,3 or 4 dancers). Only FOUR over 5 episodes.

Darion, who was eliminated 1st, was the only one who danced with less (3). Lily, who also was eliminated 1st, actually danced with 5 different people in small groups over 2 episodes.

Kate danced with Edson and JJ once, and had two dances each with Asaf and Neptune. (one small group and one duet each). Of the other dancers who made it to Top 14, six (6) was the lowest number anyone worked with over that time period, and nine (9) was the highest (Edson's experience). A lot of it is probably luck of the draw, but geez, usually you can tell yourself you got to work with and get to know a lot of the other contestants. Alexia and Yorelis danced with 8 each and Ariana danced with 7 different contestants.

• Love 1

In the past, the alternates were part of the tour from beginning to end. IIRC I read that last year (and/or possibly the year before) new routines were created for the tour (as a way to make the thing an actual "show" and create space for costume changes etc. So, the alternates got to do group routines and were even assigned duets with members of the Top 10 whose partner for an included routine did not get to be on tour.  They would also be required to learn other routines that they could step into if the original dancer was unable to do it for a time. I think that even the top 10 might have to learn more than just "their" duets because it is a lot to ask of 4 people to learn every dance - or be suitable for every dance. It's a logistics issue.

Anyway, the alternates have always been integrated into each show, and at some point they got to do more (on a regular basis) than just group numbers.

• Love 2

In the past, the alternates were part of the tour from beginning to end. IIRC I read that last year (and/or possibly the year before) new routines were created for the tour (as a way to make the thing an actual "show" and create space for costume changes etc. So, the alternates got to do group routines and were even assigned duets with members of the Top 10 whose partner for an included routine did not get to be on tour.  They would also be required to learn other routines that they could step into if the original dancer was unable to do it for a time. I think that even the top 10 might have to learn more than just "their" duets because it is a lot to ask of 4 people to learn every dance - or be suitable for every dance. It's a logistics issue.

Anyway, the alternates have always been integrated into each show, and at some point they got to do more (on a regular basis) than just group numbers.

I saw the tour stop in DC last year. Marcquet, Emily and Teddy were there as alternates. I heard Carly was there at other tour stops but she wasn't in DC. Anyway, along with helping out with the group dances, Marcquet took tWitch's role in the hip-hop duet with Jessica. Emily and Teddy performed Serge and Carly's "Latch" routine and the stair tap routine with Zack and Valerie was expanded so that Teddy joined them tapping in the middle. There were some other times they appeared, but I don't remember for which performances. The top 10 dancers were also assuming the roles that All-Stars had during the season. Tanisha seemed the go-to substitute for the female All-Stars in that tour, for example.

I like their picks for the Season 12 alternates. I'm on the fence about going to see the tour, but knowing that those four dancers - especially Alexia and Yorelis - may also be there might be a tipping factor.

• Love 1

DancePlug interview with booted contestants:

Derek and Neptune S12 Top 8 (about 7 min)

One of the things that makes me like Neptune is that he's learned to be true to himself, no facade. When asked which contestant he felt closest to he said Megz and explained why <I noticed she's also influenced his hair style ;-) >. When asked to say who the audience should vote for next time he said who ever they like because you don't know what the remaining contestants will draw and how well they will do.  Derek is still finding himself so he wasn't very forthcoming, but he really felt he made an emotional breakthrough in his dance this episode and thanks all the help he got to achieve it.

Hollywood Junket interview with booted contestants:

Derek and Neptune S12 Top 8 (5 min)

Elimination interviews Season 12 Top 6.

Hollywood Junket with Jim and Megz:

Jim's heart is so on-his-sleeve and he was really in the moment still. When asked about the tribute they got to give their mentors, the 1st thing that came to Jim's mind was that the interviewer was talking about the show Mentors and spoke about Travis. Megz, then, also spoke about Twitch but went on to reference the package with her dance mentor which gave the interviewer a chance to revisit the question.

Megz is chill, I think she was prepared to go.  I got the impression that Megz really didn't expect to get this far so she really appreciates all the experiences (choreographers, All Stars) that she got.

Jim was so grateful to have gotten to tackle Ballroom and Broadway before he was eliminated and his favorite memory was being onstage for the 1st Top 20 Group Dance. You could feel the excitement of that moment was still with him.