Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers: Even here, Red is one step ahead of us

• Start Topic

Spoilers!

A new female to join the cast, and likely Red's team.

From TVGuide:

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, right? Red Reddington will learn that the hard way when a ruthless female Mossad agent who's been hunting him for some time finally tracks him down. But even though Red will once again get the best of his enemy, I hear it's not all bad news for her. After all, there is a vacant slot on Red's team..."

From TV Guide's Mega Buzz:

I heard Pee-Wee Herman is guest-starring on The Blacklist. WTF? — Ben

Indeed, Paul Reubens will guest-star as Mr. Vargas, a finicky criminal who tries to turn some of Red's closest allies against him. (We smell Berlin all over this.) And though Vargas may not look like a killer, he's ruthless. "He's about the furthest thing from Pee-Wee Herman that you could imagine," executive producer Jon Bokenkamp says. Does that mean no bow tie? "He does not wear a bow tie," Bokenkamp says with a laugh. "He wears a fabulous yellow turtleneck. He has quite a look." Everyone in the criminal world needs to look up to Red's fashion."

From TV Line:  Blacklist's James Spader on Season 2: 'Nothing Is as Simple as It Appears'

From TV Line's Matt's Inside Line:

Longtime reader, first-time writer. Do you have any Blacklist scoop? –Steph

Get ready to meet Red’s little friend! Literally. Episode 5 of the NBC hit’s second season will introduce us to Glen, a “diminutive” DMV wonk who has a long history with Spader’s character. Also being cast for that episode is the recurring role of Zoe, a “worn but pretty” woman who holds no less than the key to Red’s past.

From TV Line's Ask Ausiello:

Question: Anything on The Blacklist? —Angel

Ausiello: Don’t hold your breath for an update on Liz’s “husband” when the NBC drama returns. When asked if we’ll get any clues about Tom’s whereabouts in the early part of Season 2, series creator Jon Bokenkamp would only say, “Nope!” Added the EP: “I do love that character, and it’s hard to imagine the show without him, but I don’t know what I could say to give any hope to Tom. There won’t be any big discoveries right away.”

Edited by milkyaqua

Question: Was that NCIS‘ Scottie Thompson in the new Blacklist promo? Who is she playing that is so important to Red? –Dee

Ausiello: Yes, ma’am, that was her. She’s playing Zoe D’Antonio, a charming blue-color gal who holds a key to Red’s past. Her four-episode arc kicks off on Oct. 20.

Question: What can you tell us about The Blacklist‘s Super Bowl episode? —Ben

Ausiello: NBC is looking to add a little A-list action to the Super-powered hour. A casting notice just went out seeking “star names” to play Jasper, the fiftysomething Director of the National Clandestine Services. Jasper’s in charge of the multi-national group that runs the worlds’ most powerful figures. He’ll also be around beyond Feb. 1, since the role is recurring.

A casting notice just went out seeking “star names” to play Jasper, the fiftysomething Director of the National Clandestine Services. Jasper’s in charge of the multi-national group that runs the worlds’ most powerful figures. He’ll also be around beyond Feb. 1, since the role is recurring.

Seriously ?  At least now we know who the bigger baddie is up the ladder beyond Allen Finch.  Now why they are pissed at Red is a better question. Does the National Clandestine Services (what a terrible name -- they couldn't come up with anything better than that) want 'The Fulcrum' too ?

I wonder if Tom could be the Fulcrum. There's certainly a reason Red left him alive, and I don't think it's because Lizzie loves Tom. Lizzie loved Sam too, and Red didn't hesitate to kill him. I also think that for now they are only showing us part-making us think Red forcing Tom to leave is all about Liz. But as so many things with this show, nothing is 100% as it seems.

Edited by IWantCandy71

I love Perlman so I can't wait to see him chew his lines with Spader. 

Ron Perlman is bringing anarchy to NBC's The Blacklist. The actor has signed on to play the drama's next mega criminal when it returns on Feb. 1 behind the Super Bowl.

Perlman will appear as Luther Braxton, a meticulous thief who plans his international heists over the course of several months or years. The ruthless baddie creates great diversions and chaos to get what he wants — that is, until he faces off with Red Reddington (James Spader).

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Blacklist-Super-Bowl-Ron-Perlman-1089161.aspx

From TV Guide Mega Buzz:

Can you tell me anything about The Blacklist's big post-Super Bowl episode? — Darren

Now that the Berlin story line is wrapped up, the Super Bowl episode will be more of a stand-alone event. But it's shaping up to be an explosion-heavy spectacle — one that kicks off with Red being kidnapped! His abduction, however, could be part of a plan to stay close to the episode's villain (played by Ron Perlman). In fact, Red has a few tricks up his sleeve, one of which will seriously scare Liz.

From TVLine's Ask Ausiello:

Question: Anything on The Blacklist? —Missi

Ausiello: Regarding that gigantic cliffhanger in November’s fall finale — How do Tom and Red know each other?! — series creator Jon Bokenkamp says that burning question will be answered. Eventually. “Tom clearly has some sort of past that Liz is not aware of, that involves Red,” the EP confirms. “We will continue to tell that story. We don’t dive right into it in the Super Bowl episode, but that does start to bubble up later in the back half of the season.”

From TV Guide's Mega Buzz:

The Stewmaker. The Decembrist. Lord Baltimore. We've met some pretty colorful/gruesome characters on The Blacklist . Now, get ready to meet... Tracy Solobotkin?

Emmy winner Amanda Plummer will play the new Blacklister with the unassuming name and appearance, but she may be one of the creepiest of them all. "[Tracy is a] very unexpected, small, fringe person who has her own very, very dark impulses," executive producer John Eisendrath tells TVGuide.com. "Once she realizes that the life she's been living is a lie, it completely turns her in a direction that is incredibly dark, and, in her twisted mind, justifies [her] actions."

Check out more juicy Mega Buzz scoop!

Hm, a woman who discovers some part of her life is a lie and then turns to the dark side. Sound familiar? Liz (Megan Boone) still hasn't recovered from learning that her husband Tom (Ryan Eggold) was an agent whose mission was to stay close to and even marry her. Add to that the mysterious connection that master criminal Red Reddington (James Spader) has to her past, and Liz has gone off the deep, dark end this season. "There is a scene in which Liz is talking with [Tracy] and... in some weird way, they have a shared connection from that," Eisendrath confirms.

Let's hope the other Blacklisters this season won't affect Liz as deeply. "We're going to meet a great potpourri of villains," creator Jon Bokenkamp adds, specifically mentioning "a great bunch of weirdos out in the woods called the Kenyon family." Anyone else having an X-Files flashback?

The Blacklist airs in its new timeslot on Thursday at 9/8c on NBC.

Jiminy H gilded Crickets on a pogo stick. That is one finely-tailored torso that man has there.

This made me laugh right out loud!!

I like the call that "the V that makes girls stupid."

So besides the aesthetic joys of Shirtless Shaved Tom, we will also be getting some more Tom/Red, Tom/Kessler, and maybe even Red/Kessler interaction?!?

Rubs her hands in glee.

Seriously ever since their all too brief scene together in General Lud, I've adored JS and RE on screen together...it's like watching a pair of cobras circling each other.

And whatever Tv Guide said, I don't believe for one moment that if Tom comes in, it will be a purely 'selfless' gesture on his part. (And really it would be oh so boring if it were.)  No Tom will make some kind of deal with Red. 

From TV Line's Matt's Inside Line:

Do you have any scoop on the final episodes of The Blacklist this season? –shellerm
When the series returns April 23, you won’t have to wait long to find out Red’s post-gunshot fate — and his survival will be more touch-and-go than you’d expect. “We pick up immediately, in the moments of the shooting. Dembe was being shot at, and Red’s bleeding on the ground, clearly wounded in a horrible way,” creator Jon Bokenkamp tells us. “[Red’s condition] creates a void, and Liz is going to have to step up and fill the space that is occupied by Red and work through this situation.”
Dembe was being shot at, and Red’s bleeding on the ground, clearly wounded in a horrible way,” creator Jon Bokenkamp tells us. “[Red’s condition] creates a void, and Liz is going to have to step up and fill the space that is occupied by Red and work through this situation.”

Who'd be shooting at Dembe and not shooting at Red ?  Dembe was at the other end of the car standing watch.  And who hires an assassin that is that bad of a shot to completely miss Dembe (who was standing still, by the way) and hit Red, so I'm not buying that spoiler -- it's just being intentionally misleading which has happened frequently with spoilers for this show.  I just don't buy Lizzie filling Red's shoes in his absence in any scenario -- who's going to spoon feed her details of the case so she knows what to do ?

• Love 1

But after that, she's totally done with him.

I'm not confident Lizzie can successfully fill the space occupied by Lizzie. I honestly think after the abominations of the past few episodes I'm going to wait for you guys to tell me whether this is worth the 44 minutes.

• Love 4

Question: Any news you can share about The Blacklist season finale? —Robert
Ausiello: After last year’s finale killed off one character (RIP Meera) and brought life-threatening injuries upon another, series creator Jon Bokenkamp made it clear that he’s not afraid of shocking people again in Season 2. “Those things that sometimes scare us in the writers’ room are often the things that we find most exciting, and we try to surprise ourselves,” he says. So, what does that mean for Harold Cooper, whose terminal cancer may go untreated in the coming weeks? In short, it doesn’t look good. “That might fall into the realm of cliffhangers and surprising storytelling,” Bokenkamp hints. “He’s in a bad place. That is definitely a storyline that we’re going to be embracing and wrestling with until the end of the season.”

That doesn't mean anything about Cooper, he's probably going to be just fine since the producers of this show are so bad at cliffhangers -- remember the cliffhanger of Luthor Braxton Part 1 ? Two missiles fired at the black site on the oil platform that were supposed to destroy the platform and sink it, ended up barely killing anyone at all and didn't even come close to destroying the platform.

Right. One of the few people in the cast who can act may be fridged (wait, a few already have been) so the actress who plays Lizzie can ineptly pretend to have a poorly written emotional reaction to their peril. I'm incredibly shocked. Like Claude Rains in Casablanca, I am totally shocked.

Edited by Julia

Question: I need some answers before pull all of my hair out. When will we get the next big question-making answer about the relationship between Red and Liz on The Blacklist? —Tamim
Ausiello: Here’s a tiny bone for you involving The Fulcrum, which has caused quite a rift in Red and Liz’s relationship. According to series creator Jon Bokenkamp, that pesky blackmail file is going to play a major role in the season’s final episodes. “It’s less about the information that’s in The Fulcrum,” he says, “and more about what that device is going to do to our characters, and the problems it’s going to create for them.” 
Edited by milkyaqua
From TV Guide's Mega Buzz:  Mega Buzz: What Will Come Between Red and Liz on The Blacklist?

Wow, was that TV guide link misleading -- "Liz will see a photo that will change everything she thought she knew about her life, which will make things pretty tricky." But it turns out to be a photo of Liz with her mother's face obscured. Oh, that really does change everything -- only it really doesn't. And it makes things pretty tricky -- only it doesn't.   By the end of the episode Liz is still "done with Red" which happens nearly every episode these days.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

Well life on the run just like her mentor Red requires head cover to help fool all the cameras. Ironic that it appears Liz is turning into Red, the man she dispises at times. But all the crap she has pulled not even the most creative of writers could keep her an FBI Agent. Doesn't mean she can't be a consultant or work for the CIA or something.

Well life on the run just like her mentor Red requires head cover to help fool all the cameras. Ironic that it appears Liz is turning into Red, the man she dispises at times. But all the crap she has pulled not even the most creative of writers could keep her an FBI Agent. Doesn't mean she can't be a consultant or work for the CIA or something.

Question: I’ll take any scoop you have on The Blacklist. —Addie

Ausiello: Just because Tom Keen (Ryan Eggold) was sailing away to parts unknown in last May’s finale doesn’t mean he’ll be MIA in Season 3. According to series creator Jon Bokenkamp, Tom and Liz will have an “incredibly different” dynamic when the show returns this Thursday. “Tom and Liz have almost flipped places,” he teases. “He knew that she had been framed and she was going to clear her name, but he had no idea that she had murdered somebody. When word of that reaches him, he will have a very specific opinion about how to handle the situation.”

Question: Anything on The Blacklist? — Stacy

Ausiello: While Liz awaits her day in court this January, we might get a bit more intel about Red’s mysterious past — at least romantically speaking. The NBC drama is currently casting a woman in her 30s or 40s to play Catherine, Red’s “beautiful, exotic and sophisticated” old flame from “the not-too-distant past.” The daughter of a prolific illegal arms dealer, Red’s lady friend — who was once in love with the fugitive, but ultimately wed another man — will appear in Episode 13.

From TV Line:  Blacklist Boss Talks Potential Death of

, Megan Boone's Pregnancy

Regardless of whether Liz actually survives her latest ordeal, Bokenkamp teases that the remaining Season 3 episodes (which begin tonight at 9/8c on NBC) will be “very precarious” for her and Red alike.

“[Red] has a plan that is not in place, and things are happening faster than he had anticipated,” he shares. “The whole crew is in a very uncomfortable situation.”

Speaking of tricky situations, Bokenkamp confirms that the Blacklist producers have come to a decision on how to handle Megan Boone’s pregnancy — but that’s about all he’ll share.

From Ask Ausiello:

Question: Could you give us some information about The Blacklist? — Kiley

Ausiello: Episode 17 will introduce us to the recurring character of Harper, a smart, no-nonsense 30-something who works as a mercenary for an unknown employer — and she just might become a love interest for someone on the FBI task force. Per the official casting notice: “Military-trained with an unshakable moral code, she’s a natural leader who prides herself on her work. Attractive but guarded due to a troubled past, beneath her tough tomboy exterior is a huge heart — if she’d ever let anyone see it.”

From Ask Ausiello:

Question: Now that I’m recovered a bit from the Blacklist bombshell, I’ll take any scoop you can give us on how the rest of the season will play out. —Sarah

Ausiello: In the Season 3 finale, “Alexander Kirk” — named for Red’s longtime nemesis, to be played by Banshee‘s Ulrich Thomsen — Red will experience a betrayal at the hands of someone very unexpected.

(edited)
22 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

The Blacklist finally confirms Red's relationship to Liz

Interview with Jon Bokenkamp on what next season will possibly look like.

I'm going with the Red imposter theory all the way. And yes the lady Ressler killed and disappeared should be an issue for the boy scout. What's his motivation now.  Nor is Gayle taking pot shots at Red in the woods. Salvage the Redemption characters to bring down or expose Red. Also Kaplan used a double a few epi's ago. How many contigencies did Kaplan plan for including a flying leap from a bridge.

Edited by misstwpherecool
correct name
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Sorry, which lady did Tom kill and disappear? Jolene? Do you mean Ressler, not Tom?

My bad. When Ressler killed the government lady I keep on flipping first names of husband Tom and agent Donald. Apologies

Ressler is a hypocrite and he knows it. Does he go totally dark, resign or somehow live with it. It's also blackmail material.

• Love 1

From TV Line, Matt's Inside Line:

Any new intel on The Blacklist? —Marsha

Thanks to Mr. Kaplan’s handiwork, Red’s empire is understandably “decimated” as the new season opens, series creator Jon Bokenkamp tells us. “She really has stripped him down to nothing. And oddly enough, Red’s OK with that. He sort of rolls with the punches and relishes the idea of rebuilding. Reddington loves life, the obstacles, the challenges, and he loves the idea that he gets to reinvent himself.” IN fact, he may have only one concern: “He’s terrified that the contents of that missing suitcase — the bones — may turn up and cause real problems.”

Question: I’m wondering if Tom Keen/The Blacklist is the answer to the latest Blind Item… —Guliherme

Ausiello: Confirmed! But it remains unclear if producers will stick with their initial plan and kill off Ryan Eggold, whose Liz-loving alter ego was still technically alive in that flash-forward (and will remain so when the scene picks in November sweeps). But he’s in very, very, very, extremely, very bad shape.

From EW.com:

Please give me some hope for Tom on The Blacklist! — Miguel

That grim flash forward is not as far off as you think. However, could there be enough time for Liz and Tom to, perhaps, finally get married? “Third time’s the charm,” executive producer Jon Bokenkamp says with a laugh. “They’ve tried a couple times, and I have my fingers crossed for them. If it does happen, I’ll be sure to get you an invite. It will be a wonderful, strange ceremony.”

New details for the next episode.

In an episode titled “Ruin,” which we screened recently, we see Liz, post coma and rehab, choosing to abandon her old life, and daughter Agnes, in order to plot her revenge on those who took Tom’s life. Roles are reversed as Red, on the sidelines, now worries over the fate of Liz’s soul, while Liz crafts a brand new black list of her very own. This time it’s Liz, not Red, who is the dangerous outsider with the unique skillset, and she’s every bit as terrifying, maybe even more so than Red at his worst.

Edited by No 2 in our Hearts
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:54 AM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Because any good father would prefer his daughter raised by strangers so that mom can avenge his death....

Yes nothing says profound love like avenging the death of the man you loved.  It makes more sense to do that than to focus on the one part of him and product of that love that's still left by giving them all of your love, attention, and support.

Edited by ally
  • Love 1