Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: The Curse

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Prower said:

I liked the first two episodes. The third one was extremely horrible. But alas that's Gattiss and Moffat's MO. They make a show with a promising premise and really good first few episodes and then proceed to completely ruin them.

I stopped after the first episode. That was it for me.  

I'm late to responding. There are levels of cool that we can always aspire to, and yet never reach. Guillermo jumping backwards through a broken window, flipping both birds at marauding vampires as he takes his leave of them? Bad. Ass.

Thinking about it, the entire episode could have been dedicated to the main vampires sweating over a chain letter. As much as the action stuff is on point, that is a mundane plot that could have worked for all 22 minutes because those three are that clueless about . . . well, everything. Bonus: we get Colin jerking them around. If they couldn't get "Super Bowl," why explain the validity of Bloody Mary?

• Love 2
On 5/5/2020 at 10:09 PM, Lantern7 said:

There are levels of cool that we can always aspire to, and yet never reach. Guillermo jumping backwards through a broken window, flipping both birds at marauding vampires as he takes his leave of them? Bad. Ass.

That was pretty bad ass. Guillermo has gone from accidental slayer to genuine badass slayer.

I still say Nandor really needs to be careful not to piss him off.  At some point, there will be blood.

• Love 2

The main vampire trio taking an email chain seriously and freaking out about curses and Bloody Mary was as delightful as expected!  Complete with Colin trolling them later on.  I did find it noticeable that they didn't know what the phone ringing was even though Nandor mentioned it before in the Vampire Council episode, but I'm find with him only knowing about cellphones (assuming Guillermo has one), and wasn't aware about the landline.  Another bit I liked is how Laszlo was always trying to cover Nadja's eyes or stand in front of her when he thought something bad was about to happen.  Despite his buffoonery and boorish behavior, he really does care about her, which is nice.  It's those little things that make these characters so great to watch.

Whelp, Guillermo's adventure with the Vampire Hunter cult is certainly wild!  The battle at the house was actually pretty intense and scary at times.  And not only has he killed more vampires, but he willing went back in after escaping at first, so now he's officially put humans lives over vampire ones, which I imagine might continue to amplify his emotional turmoil and confusion right now.  Really curious to see how this will play out for him.  The others were lucky he was around.  I do wonder if Derek will end up being turned instead of killed.

I love that when Colin thinks of Sandra Bullock, he first thinks of Speed, Miss Congenitally, Speed 2, Miss Congenitally 2, and Practical Magic. 

• Love 2
On 5/24/2020 at 8:51 AM, CletusMusashi said:

Now I really want to watch a silly movie with Laszlo, Nadja, and Nandor, just so I can listen to them trying to explain various plot elements to each other.

It could be a new spin on Mystery Science Theater 3000. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

My sister's email is still aol.com!!!  I didn't even know aol still existed. 

I was one of the first 150K users of AOL so I still have mine! (in addition to more modern addresses lol). You'd be surprised how many old friends from the 90s email me and are like, "Are you still there?" One even led to a job! 

• Love 2

I was like, 11 when I picked my AOL screenname and though I don't use AOL to dial up to the internet anymore, I also still have my original email address! I do have a gmail account for more professional endeavors, but yeah, my AOL account is still my main one. This thread suddenly has me wondering what would happen if they went out of business! That address has been in use for 25+ years now. I'd be sad to lose it (and a little embarrassed about being sad to lose it).

• Love 4
On 5/31/2020 at 12:50 PM, BookThief said:

I was like, 11 when I picked my AOL screenname and though I don't use AOL to dial up to the internet anymore, I also still have my original email address! I do have a gmail account for more professional endeavors, but yeah, my AOL account is still my main one. This thread suddenly has me wondering what would happen if they went out of business! That address has been in use for 25+ years now. I'd be sad to lose it (and a little embarrassed about being sad to lose it).

I still have and use my original Hotmail address and would be sad to lose it, although I also have other e-addresses. Go, Nandor!

• Love 2