Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E19: A Night in Camarillo

"A Night in Camarillo" - Will works through a difficult situation after he learns something about Angie's new boyfriend, Colin, that she won't want to hear. Meanwhile, Poppy and Douglas struggle to see eye-to-eye about their future, and the kids are HOME ALONE for the first time with Graham in charge, on an all-new episode of "Single Parents," WEDNESDAY, APRIL 22 (9:31-10:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. (TV-PG, DLS) Episodes can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.

1. I love that they mentioned Camarillo. I lived there a few years and it's always fun for me when a TV show mentions a place I've been to or lived. BUT I don't recall Camarillo being the kind of place where I would want to stay for a quaint weekend away (and I've been back many times). Ojai, yes. Ventura maybe. Camarillo, not so much. 

2. My heart broke over Poppy and Douglas, but as always I wished they would have TALKED about the issue. 

• Love 3

I feel that this is a momentary blip for Poppy and Douglas.  They didn't actually talk so this falls into the realm of 'grand misunderstanding' that has to play out in all its  angsty glory  before it gets resolved.  At least I hope so.

Were these Jack's first words?  I don't remember.  If so, how funny they were curse words.  LOL.

Graham rocked!  I loved his little talk with Poppy 'I hear you baby, girl.'  That kid is special.

Angie and Will's revenge was pretty sweet.  Heh.

• Love 1

Loved the actors' reactions to Jack repeating after Miggy--that seemed almost like the actors reacting, not the characters.

Poppy is making a mistake, I think. But the show is heading toward Will/Angie, so naturally they have to break up Poppy/Douglas.

• Love 3

The will they/won't they with Will/Angie is pleasantly less cringe than I was expecting - they're smart to play the soft emotional angle instead of sexual tension, because the actors have none. Their energy is still strongly platonic imo.

Poppy/Douglas is very contrived and I don't know why shows can't let their two main couples be together simultaneously. 

• Love 3

Before deciding that she must have another baby, Poppy should first try being the best ex ever and volunteer to babysit once a week, and then take the baby overnight, all while still dealing with Rory's demanding nature. Maybe that will satisfy her craving, which she apparently has never experienced with another baby in the past few years. (If it's only happening because she's in love with Douglas, and then she breaks up with him, she's not going to have time to start over with someone new; it'll have to be adoption or donor sperm.)

I knew a woman who had 2 daughters with her ex, who then went on to have 2 more daughters with his 2nd wife after a gap of about 8 years  When the older of the 2nd set of girls was about 3 and her baby sister was being born, she stayed overnight with her older half-sisters and their mom!  All 4 girls grew up very close although they came from 2 different mothers. (The 1st wife remarried also but didn't have more children.) Poppy could help foster a closer relationship between Rory and the baby by making it possible for them to be together in addition to the occasions when Rory stays with Ron.

• Love 1