Type keyword(s) to search

Destination Fear - General Discussion

• Start Topic

If you’re looking to book a supernatural excursion after the quarantine lifts, Travel Channel’s Destination Fear might have some useful tips. Brother and sister paranormal investigation team Dakota and Chelsea Laden, along with Tanner Wiseman and camera operator Alex Schroeder, have been crossing the country in an RV and checking in overnight at some of America’s most haunted abandoned buildings. And the sights they’re looking for are gateways into the unknown.

Destination Fear Season 2, which premieres April 29, will explore a whole new set of abandoned locations with haunted histories. In each of the upcoming six hour-long episodes, the team will take turns picking a different spooky location. And together they’ll explore reports of paranormal activity before separating to sleep alone in the dark.

Read more here!

I watched the first season recently and loved it. Season 2 is set to premier April 29, 2020 on The Travel Channel. I hope others also watched and will comment because I would hate to talk to myself in this thread. And Alex, the camera guy is a cutie. Even if he's way too young for me, heh. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, scarletine said:

I'm glad this is coming back for another season. The first one was great, and far spookier than I thought it would be. 

Indeed. They also visited some great locations in Season 1. I think my favourite parts were when they would lockdown for the night and they would show all the weird sounds and stuff they experienced and at what times they experienced them. It was freaky. 

• Love 1

Hahaha, I like Scooby Douche and the hysterical bunch but I like this show just as much. 

It's clear the investigators care about one another and have history together. I noticed they tended to be a bit more protective of Chelsea. I like that when one of them freaks out, they all come running. Unlike Zac, who keeps locking Aaron in haunted rooms despite his cries to be let out. 

I thought the format was interesting, too. And enjoyed how they would separate and sleep in different areas by process of picking their location out of a hat to make it fair. 

I just wonder if the second season will follow the same format? I hope so. 

• Love 2

The premiere looks good. 

Season 2, Episode 1

Nopeming Sanatorium

Dakota, Chelsea and Tanner head home to face the horror of their childhood nightmares, Minnesota's most-notorious sanatorium. The team has never had the courage to confront the terror inside -- until now!

Airdate: 04/29/2020

ETA: It appears they are airing a different episode for the premiere.

Okay, I just finished watching the premiere and it was good. I loved seeing the team again. The location was creepy and the flashlight moving on its own was freaky. Good start and I’m looking forward to next week. 

• Love 1

Next episode!

S02.E02: Yorktown Memorial Hospital

The team investigates a Texas hospital with a gruesome history, including a brutal double homicide. Once under the direction of Catholic nuns, the abandoned building’s chapel may house a demonic entity with its sights set on Dakota!

Airdate: 05/06/2020

Nopeming Sanatorium had the first four letters right...I would have "NOPE'd!" my way out of that place so fast. Super creepy, but really good. 

And I missed the first few episodes of the first season, so I was jazzed to watch the Brushy Mountain State Penitentiary one. I always feel a lot of concern when women ghost hunters go into prisons, and the stuff that happened to Chelsea sort of reinforced that. 

Scary ghost nuns this week...I went to Catholic school...I know scary nuns. This should be good. 

• LOL 2

So I just finished watching the second episode. 

I liked Chelsea's glee at being able to pick the destination. And her location was quite creepy. 

The intelligent EVP in the Priest's room was pretty freaky. 

I did laugh at Chelsea picking her own name to go into the location alone. I admired how she was able to spend 50 minutes there by herself and didn't freak out. 

I'm looking forward to next week. 

• Love 2

New episode tomorrow. It's Tanner's turn to pick the location. 

S02.E03: Old Montana Prison

The team investigates a former Montana prison haunted by dark entities known for choking, shanking and even possessing visitors. Dakota must overcome his fear of violent spirits in order to survive the night behind the walls of the vile place.

Airdate: 05/13/2020

Indeed. 

I follow them on Facebook and it looks like they're really imploring fans to watch the episodes within three days if they want to see another season. I hope they're getting the ratings because I really enjoy this show. It's probably my favourite paranormal show at the moment. 

Also, they have a web page where you can sign up to for a weekly draw to win some free things which is pretty cool. If you want to enter just go here!

The team has decided to do a scavenger hunt based on last night's episode. The questions are up on their Facebook page and they're accepting answers via PM until Saturday. The first five correct entries get a mystery box. The next five correct entries will win a limited edition Destination Fear t-shirt. And the remaining entries with correct answers will have a chance to win a glow-in-the-dark Destination Fear bracelet with twenty winners being drawn. 

I wanted the mystery box but my brother, his girlfriend, and my nephew stopped by when they dropped the questions and there's no way I'll be in the top five, sadly. 

There will be a new episode Wednesday, and the team will be conducting another scavenger hunt where some lucky fans can win prizes! I want to be one of those winners, damn it!

S02.E04: Hill View Manor

The team heads to New Castle, Pennsylvania, to investigate a former home for the destitute and elderly. Dakota is determined to conquer the terror inside, but things go horribly wrong when Alex leaves the property in a dire paranormal-induced emergency.

Airdate: 05/20/2020

I am a few episodes behind on this show and couldn't find this Forum (I was looking in "other lifestyle/reality" because I believe that's where all the other ghost-y forums are).

Nevertheless, I like this show. It took me the first season to warm up to these four for some reason, maybe it's because they are young and full of "what?!" "omg!" "no way!" but now I'm showing my age. I'm destined to be the angry old lady chasing kids off her lawn in the near future.

That said, I like this group. They seem pretty genuine and all care about each other. I only watched the hospital episode where Chealse picked the destination. I never really understood what the big deal was about not knowing the destination the first season. I was like "Dakota, stop saying it's such a big deal." But for some reason, this episode made me "get" it. All but one person is clueless and they are reading for the first time what type of place they are going to and there's no time to process or think. They just jump in. I get it now. 

Happy this is back again and I look forward to catching up on the eps I've missed. I think tonight I'll watch Tanner's pick. 

• Love 1

The show is great. I felt terrible for Alex last episode. 

Apparently there are only two episodes left which makes me sad. Last year we got 10 episodes and this year there are only 6 episodes which sucks. They will continue to do scavenger hunts for the remaining two episodes to allow fans a chance to win prizes, which I think is great. 

I really want this show renewed for a third season. 

• Love 1

New episode tomorrow and another scavenger hunt. 

S02.E05: Cambria County Jail

Convinced total isolation and disorientation is the only way to push fear to its absolute limits, Dakota leads the team to Ebensburg, Pennsylvania, to investigate a dungeon deep in the bowels of the old Cambria County Jail.

Airdate: 05/27/2020

I forgot what day it was last week and missed it, but I will be sure to watch tomorrow, since I know where this is! I've actually been to Ebensburg, though to the courthouse, not the jail.

I wonder if the smaller number of episodes is because they had to quit filming due to coronavirus.

• Love 1
On 5/26/2020 at 5:07 PM, Ananayel said:

I forgot what day it was last week and missed it, but I will be sure to watch tomorrow, since I know where this is! I've actually been to Ebensburg, though to the courthouse, not the jail.

I wonder if the smaller number of episodes is because they had to quit filming due to coronavirus.

I know on Facebook, their page just announced they will be holding a live watch party at 10 PM EST. I'm in Canada and don't get the episodes in real time so I can't join, but if anyone does, let me know how it was. 

(edited)

It's so cool that Dakota, whose interested in film was obvious by the video he made, was able to not only get a job with the GAC but get his own show!

I hope they get another season, their dynamic is really unique amongst these type shows.

Cambria County Jail is two-ish blocks from the courthouse, so I might have even gone past it driving in (I wasn't driving, so I don't remember. Plus, I was exhausted.) The courthouse is lovely, old-school, kept expecting men in fedoras and women in stylish hats and gloves to appear around corners.

One of the local papers I googled said permission to film was arranged in January, so I bet this was one of the last they filmed before things had to shut down.

Edited by Ananayel
  • Useful 1

Season finale tomorrow! 

S02.E06: Sheboygan County Asylum

Dakota brings the road trip to its most chilling overnight yet, inside a shuttered Wisconsin asylum. They will be the first team ever to sleep inside its abandoned halls, where little is known about why several nurses took their own lives.

Airdate: 06/03/2020

FYI: This is the last chance to enter their scavenger hunt on their Facebook page. I actually won a t-shirt on Sunday which was also my birthday. Prizes include a mystery box, a t-shirt, or a glow-in-the-dark bracelet. 

14 hours ago, jewel21 said:

No they never listed a reason as to why he got sick. They just said he was okay and would be in the next episode.

I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall in the ER: "So, Alex, you've described your symptoms and what were you doing when this all came about? It's the middle of the night, were you asleep?"

"No, I was ghosthunting." 

"Lucky for you, you weren't scared to death." 

• LOL 3

Well, the finale was great. Poor Dakota got so scared he looked on the verge of tears. I really hope these guys get a third season. This is such a refreshing ghost hunting show. 

They did a live Instagram session or maybe it was Facebook... either way they announced the winners from the scavenger hunt and I was one of the names listed. They pronounced Quebec funny as well as my first name. Americans always tend to it pronounce my name one way, and Canadians another, lol. It was funny. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, jewel21 said:

No they never listed a reason as to why he got sick. They just said he was okay and would be in the next episode.

Probably food poisoning (if he stayed at the hospital) and they kept that out for the drama. Ohhhh! The “haunted” property made him sick!1🤢😱

I noticed that Zak Bagans is listed as one of the producers. It really does feel somewhat like old school GA, with the tiny crew, actual lockdowns, more investigation and less interviewing. I hope Zak has enough pull with Travel Channel to get them a third season. And it does seem like this "road trip" was planned for this number of episodes, maybe that had something to do with the individual schedules of the other three. I know Chelsea said she was still in school.

• Love 1

There's no word yet as to whether we'll be getting a Season 3, but there will be a special airing on Wednesday. I'm so excited because I miss these guys!

S02.E01: Behind the Screams

Dakota, Chelsea, Tanner and Alex discuss their most terrifying moments on the road with paranormal investigator Dave Schrader. Fan questions are answered, and the team reveals bonus footage and new evidence.

Airdate: 06/18/2020

• Love 1

Season 2 was good also.  Haven't heard if to be a S3, but i sure would like it be.  I think Dakota is a natural for investigation.  He's learned well under Zac. My fav Dakota moment though was in GAC not long ago.  I forget the ep, but Dakota was shooting Aaron in an old rickety house.  They were talking in an inside room and all of a sudden the outside door swings open by itself.  Dakota saw it out his peripheral, looked, loked at Aaron, then looked back again and threw himaelf backwards to be out of the way and get rhe shot.  Which he did.  It was great i laughed so hard.  I think he has some gymnastics in his background.  Or he's just young and his body able to do that.  Aah those were the days LOL

• Love 1
On 4/21/2020 at 10:08 PM, jewel21 said:

Read more here!

I watched the first season recently and loved it. Season 2 is set to premier April 29, 2020 on The Travel Channel. I hope others also watched and will comment because I would hate to talk to myself in this thread. And Alex, the camera guy is a cutie. Even if he's way too young for me, heh. 

I've been binging them this weekend. At the end of s2 Tanner says they're prepping and excited for S3, so i hope there is one!  I like this show a lot and with Zak as maybe a guardian angel the show will have the longevity as GAC if they want to go that long.  Since GAC has starting showing the ooooooold eps, it shocks me the ways (cant think of another word) of Zak and the difference of him as the years gone by.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

I've been binging them this weekend. At the end of s2 Tanner says they're prepping and excited for S3, so i hope there is one!  I like this show a lot and with Zak as maybe a guardian angel the show will have the longevity as GAC if they want to go that long.  Since GAC has starting showing the ooooooold eps, it shocks me the ways (cant think of another word) of Zak and the difference of him as the years gone by.

They were doing a lot of facebook live stuff toward the end of the season, and kept saying they were up for a season 3 but it was up to the Travel Channel. It's been so long since I've heard from them that I don't know what that means for the show. Ratings wise, I don't know how it holds up compared to their other programming, but they kept saying the one thing the Travel Channel kept commenting on was that they had a great online/social media following. I hope that means they will be back.  And I know there's a pandemic, but they can quarantine together and still do the show I would think. It might be hard to interview people but maybe they can find a way to work around that. 

5 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

They were doing a lot of facebook live stuff toward the end of the season, and kept saying they were up for a season 3 but it was up to the Travel Channel. It's been so long since I've heard from them that I don't know what that means for the show. Ratings wise, I don't know how it holds up compared to their other programming, but they kept saying the one thing the Travel Channel kept commenting on was that they had a great online/social media following. I hope that means they will be back.  And I know there's a pandemic, but they can quarantine together and still do the show I would think. It might be hard to interview people but maybe they can find a way to work around that. 

Im hoping they had some already in the can when the quarantine hit

I just saw a post on their FB page that they have a total of 8 new episodes. I wish it was more but I will take whatever I can get. I'm so excited. I hope they will do more scavenger hunts and prize giveaways. 

• Love 1

A brand new episode in 2 days! And, the gang confirmed on their Facebook page that they will be doing a scavenger hunt for each new episode. 

Also, they have released some official merchandise! For those interested go here!

Saratoga County Homestead

Dakota leads Chelsea, Tanner and Alex to a decaying sanitarium where some patient corpses were unclaimed due to a flu pandemic. Screams and darting shadows play mind games with the team as they struggle to pin the activity on the living or the dead.

Airdate: 10/24/2020

So, did anyone watch it?!? I finally got to it last night, and OMG, I was terrified for them through the whole thing. I swear I almost had a panic attack. That running shadow person, the disembodied voices, the intelligent responses, I was so glad they "slept" in pairs. Especially after hearing that the pentagram graffiti was just a couple of days old...so you know there were real people to worry about, as well as the spirits. 

I swear, this is the only ghost hunting show that really scares me anymore. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, scarletine said:

So, did anyone watch it?!? I finally got to it last night, and OMG, I was terrified for them through the whole thing. I swear I almost had a panic attack. That running shadow person, the disembodied voices, the intelligent responses, I was so glad they "slept" in pairs. Especially after hearing that the pentagram graffiti was just a couple of days old...so you know there were real people to worry about, as well as the spirits. 

I swear, this is the only ghost hunting show that really scares me anymore. 

No! Not yet, I haven't found the time but you're really making me want to, lol. It sounds great.

Okay, so I just finished watching the new episode. That was really intense! That dark figure that Dakota managed to capture was super freaky. The building was really interesting. I would have liked a bit more evidence. It would be nice if they could revisit it later but maybe hire some security or cops to patrol/secure the site so they can be sure the voices they are capturing are paranormal and not possibly people breaking in. I also wanted to know what that bright spot was on the thermal camera. 

I found myself being really angry at the state of disarray the building was in and I was livid to learn it had been set on fire on three separate occasions. I hate vandals. 

New episode tonight!

S02.E08: Old Bourbon Distillery

The team heads to Kentucky to explore one of America's oldest bourbon distilleries. Dakota has a theory that quick and violent deaths cause some of the most intense hauntings, and he believes this sprawling house of horrors is just the place to test it.

Airdate: 10/31/2020

After the show the week before, this week's was sort of weak tea. The location surely was creepy as hell, but I guess the spirits didn't feel like coming out to play. I do think it was Dr. Crow in the Distillery, but it struck as more sad than scary...like he was just wandering around seeing how the company he built was being left to rot. 

Yeah, considering all the experiences the other paranormal investigators witnessed, it was really quite quiet for our team. 

I think for me the scariest thing would have to be sleeping in that room with all the bugs, grasshoppers, spiders, etc. I hate insects and that would be my worst nightmare, heh. 

The Scavenger Hunt questions are up on the Destination Fear Facebook page for anyone wanting to participate. I believe they are accepting answers until Tuesday. You won't win the box prizes because those only go to the first 5 correct entries. I never stand a chance at winning one of those. Some people answer all the questions in like 3 minutes. Like what? But everyone else who enters and answers correctly get their name put into a draw and 10 winners are chosen. You can win a t-shirt or bracelet. I was lucky enough to win a t-shirt, bracelet, and signed postcard of Tanner last year. My name was also mentioned on their live stream before the new episode aired. It was fun. 

S02.E09: Randolph County Infirmary 

The team returns to Indiana to explore an abandoned facility that has haunted Tanner’s nightmares for the past five years. He has only now mustered up the courage to confront who -- or what -- terrorized him during their first investigation.

Airdate: 11/07/2020

So far I have not been lucky with the scavenger hunts. Much to my disappointment, it turns out I got two answers wrong to last week's questions and so I wasn't even eligible for yesterday's draw. So disappointed. And the week before I answered correctly but wasn't picked. Boo. 

New episode coming up in a couple of days. It looks good!

Joliet Prison

It's sweet revenge for Chelsea when she takes the team to Chicago's historic and utterly terrifying Joliet Prison. Terrible things happen once they separate inside its imposing walls, and one member experiences their most sickening night ever.

Airdate: 11/14/2020

• Love 1