Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Sins of the Father

I think a lot of people would have forgotten, especially someone Samira's age.

Look at the way the anniversary of the Tiennamen Square massacre went unnoticed by most Chinese.

I don't think the gas attack has been forgotten by the populace.  The man set himself on fire to mark the anniversary of that event and the visitors to his house called him heroic and seemed to suggest his death was some sort of catalyst for change.  (I was waiting to see the cheese and fruit turn up for the kids, but no.)

But I don't know--I'm totally confused about Abbudin.  In the first episodes, I was thinking "western-friendly, oil, global gateway, Queen Noor figure, independent anti-government media bloggers suppressed but not arrested."  Then in this episode, the maid freaks out that someone caught her watching the news.  And suddenly there's self-immolation and war crimes.

I feels stupid.  I might need this place explained to me in simple terms of scales from 1 to 10.

What the theme could be referred to is reality in the Middle East.  Libya was like this until it Muammar al-Gaddafi was taken out.  It is a clear theme of today's situation.