Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E15: Eddie Begins

jewel21
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I'm enjoying the discussion here actually. Hen is already so close to Chim and Athena. Chim has Maddie now also, with of course Buck being her brother. Bobby has Athena and her family, but is also a mentor/father figure to Buck. Who else does Eddie have besides Christopher? They haven't fully fleshed out his relationships with anyone else in the firehouse really besides Buck. I agree, it would be nice if they did. But Buck didn't like Eddie in the beginning at all, and saw him as competition for himself. That changed pretty quickly. For almost two full seasons now, they've been extremely close and have a great friendship. I think their bond was really cemented in the earthquake episodes when they worked together in such a perilous situation.

I actually enjoy that there are varying degrees of closeness between them. They're all partners, and they all work well together, but not everyone is going to have the exact same relationship.

Eddie is a grown up man with a hard life behind him. Buck is a nearly 30 year old man with the mentality of a teenage boy. I feel like  Eddie has much more in common with the other characters.

I also enjoy that there are varying degrees of closeness between them (Hen and Chimney's friendship 😍 ) but Eddie came into the show later and it would be nice if they let him hang out with the other characters too.

Edited by DisplayyName
On 4/20/2020 at 11:51 PM, Aliconehead said:

It took me awhile to figure out who the actress was but his mom was played by Paula Marshall. She is 55, Ryan Guzman is 32. The math works without her being a teen mother.  But she does not look like she once did. I think she was had some work done.

i knew it was paula marshall right away. for me, it was the actor playing shannon’s mother. she looked so familiar, but i had to check imdb for her name: stephanie kramer, who played dee dee mccall on the mid-80s show, ‘hunter.’ (apparently now spelling her name stefanie)

• Useful 1
On 4/20/2020 at 9:05 PM, Empress1 said:

I cried. It started when Eddie saved Aidan. And Buck consistently goes all-out to save people and when he was clawing frantically at the ground after lightning struck, there went the waterworks. 

Also, I didn’t realize that was supposed to be Eddie’s mother until she said “your father and I.” Did she have him when she was 10? Or was she a younger stepmother?

Yup there were lots of onions in the room watching this episode.   The last time the onions were this intense was in the Hen Begins episode and her speech of ".... Look at me! ...   See me!"