Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: New Chris on the Block

• Start Topic

I wouldn’t consider Adam to be a professional chef. He does just enough cooking and skates through every charter. A professional chef would also be attentive to his guests and would want to know about the guests food allergies. Adam truly doesn’t give a damn about that aspect of his career. Adam wouldn’t last ten minutes working for Gordon Ramsey. I’m not a fan of Gordon Ramsey or his tv career, but at least Gordon learned to be successful. I don’t believe Adam would have the patience to manage or own a restaurant.

• Love 4

Just when I thought I couldn’t hate hatchetface Jenna any more than I already do, she grabs a shovel and digs under the already-low bar she set for herself. She and Adam are just repulsive, she stinks as a stew and her truck stop manners (and her truck stop hooker behavior climbing all over Adam) don’t belong on a luxury yacht.  If she’s on again next season I’m not even going to bother to watch. Good riddance Parker, couldn’t have cared less about that idiotic proposal.

New guy Chris: please don’t turn out to be an ax murderer or serial killer (unless he wants to off Adam and Jenna, then I’ll even hide him and give him an alibi).

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

I like Chris so far, his happy easy-going nature reminds me of a Golden Retriever.

Jenna = worst chief stew ever.  

I like that the captain prefers to be called only Glenn.  Unlike ‘Call Me Captain’ Sandy.

Ahhh Parker you dumb snowflake.  I have a feeling he will have issues with every job he’ll have, regardless of what industry he ends up in.  Good bye Mr. Skidmarks!  And good luck with soon-to-be Mrs. Skidmarks!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

So I saw where Below Deck season 8 wrapped early because of covid 19. No word on who is in the cast other than Captain Lee. I had a sinking feeling that Jenna was angling for Kate's job.  Hope she doesn't pop up and ruin Below Deck.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Since the hierarchy of the sailboat is so, so very important, I'm wondering how Adam and Jenna qualify for using the master bedroom when no charter guests are onboard.  I mean, shouldn't the captain get first dibs?  And then maybe down from there (which I would guess means Byron?)  Or at least have a draw or lottery of some kind?  Because these two fuckwits (Adam and Jenna) are hijacking the room at the end of every charter.  I guess they feel superior because they're banging (or having shmex, as they would say).  

Someone needs to draw them a very simplistic, stick-figured explanation of how your business becomes everyone else's business when you're banging in the master bedroom on a sailboat.  Everyone knows.  And it's not like either of them were operating on the down low or trying to be discreet.  Let's be real.  Jenna pretty much forwarded her mail to the galley as soon as her lady bits started to (inexplicably) tingle for Adam.  

As unlikable as everyone on BDSY have been at one time or another, Adam and Jenna have remained disgusting sea beasts the entire time, whether it's inappropriate PDA, talking shit about coworkers or being gleeful over the possibility of Parker being fired.   The only people I felt had a right to gripe about and/or discuss Parker were Ciara and Paget, since they worked directly with him (and they did enough of that.)   And Jenna's statement that she was going to punish Madison for getting into her business?  Extremely unprofessional -- never mind the fact that Jenna is putting her business out there for everyone to know. 

I think Parker's heart was in the right place, he just didn't know when to stay quiet.  

Georgia sure does walk around the boat without her drawers a lot.  

p.s. - Wanted to add that I am enjoying Kate's commentary on past episodes.  She pointed out that Adam serves his own food the majority of the time which again begs the question:  What the ever loving fuck does Jenna do, exactly?  

Edited by psychoticstate
Forgot something
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

but the episode title certainly made it clear that Parker was leaving.

But at least his wife-to-be "loves animals, and nature. And partying hard."

Sounds like the basis of a long and happy marriage.

• LOL 11
14 minutes ago, dleighg said:

But at least his wife-to-be "loves animals, and nature. And partying hard."

Sounds like the basis of a long and happy marriage.

As long as she never curses at the dinner table, or anywhere else he deems inappropriate.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Parker wanted to hang out with his gf rather than work another charter.  He made enough waves that Bravo would probably be willing to bring him back on another BD show.

Madison doesn’t cause drama so her BD career prospects are limited.

Georgia goes around in thongs and jokes about wanting more than the tip so she will probably be offered to come back.

Adam and Jenna bullying probably makes them appealing to Bravo.

Paget and Ciara?  Boring.

The women all sounding thirsty for Adam?  Producer fakery.

Yes of course they will have more of these social media influencers and vlogger types on as charter guests.  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, APK said:

I wouldn’t consider Adam to be a professional chef. He does just enough cooking and skates through every charter. A professional chef would also be attentive to his guests and would want to know about the guests food allergies. Adam truly doesn’t give a damn about that aspect of his career. Adam wouldn’t last ten minutes working for Gordon Ramsey. I’m not a fan of Gordon Ramsey or his tv career, but at least Gordon learned to be successful. I don’t believe Adam would have the patience to manage or own a restaurant.

Adam has vastly improved as a chef since his first season. The guests seem to love his food and he makes sure that it gets to the table hot even if he has to carry it himself. He does get testy sometimes but no where near the explosions and drama that Ben brings to the show. He may be creepy but nowhere as creepy as Adrian. He is not a hapless goof who can’t plan a menu like Matt or a surly  beef cheek machine like Leon. All in all he is one of the top two chefs on the franchise. Only Ben outranks him because he has had more ship board romances and more drama. 

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 3

There are plenty of "one-hit wonders " such as Rocky on the BD franchise.  I don't think drama necessarily guarantees a spot back on the show. Deckhand CJ on the original only lasted that short while and though he was as resistant to authority as Parker, he was still likeable IMO with boat knowledge and experience. He never came back. That's one example.  I do believe the captain(s) must agree with production as far as who they'll hire back. Dave the deckhand (gay former Marine) was hard working & liked by all & was repeatedly invited back. 

Parker's now fiancé looks pretty (I checked out their pics online) but sort of like Parker. They look like brother and sister but also like her peraonality is like his. She has the wide-eyed smile face that possibly the lights are on but maybe nobody's home? Sorta reminded me of Sierra Storm from BD original.  I can only assume it takes a certain kind of person to live with Parker. Madison adorably pined for him but is too smart for him. For instance she immediately knew Jenna was "punishing" her for Adam drama. 

Adam & Jenna are gross. Immediately I thought WTF?! Already turned over rooms being used for sex, complete with showering in them and having the subordinates expected to turn them over AGAIN?! UNACCEPTABLE. On a prior season, Adam stated something to the effect of that he treats all people with the same respect whether it's a fast food restaurant or a Michelin restaurant. He talks a good game about respect & humility but now treats the peons of the ship like his personal j*zz moppers.  F off with that mess! Mr. Umbrage to skids in the bowl & bed making now making messes here and there. I understand that the stews have to serve regardless & do all laundry on board just as he makes all the meals. But would I demand he make me hot breakfast instead of cereal in the AM because i made a choice to drink and get hungover the night before? No! Extra works=extra work for no reason when there's just lack of courtesy. 

Yes Byron is a slick one. Above comments about him only behaving due to wife & child at home is dead-on. Madison is an easy target-poor gal. They all enjoy picking on her. Why not call out the one with asscheeks out every day who agrees to 3-ways and confesses to her "flirtatious ways" ad nauseum. Only thing saving Georgia in my eyes now is that she does seem kind to Madison *right now.*

Edited by Kdawg82
I got Dave's name wrong.
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

Yes Byron is a slick one. Above comments about him only behaving due to wife & child at home is dead-on. Madison is an easy target-poor gal. They all enjoy picking on her. Why not call out the one with asscheeks out every day who agrees to 3-ways and confesses to her "flirtatious ways" ad nauseum. Only thing saving Georgia in my eyes now is that she does seem kind to Madison *right now.*

Georgia has already shown she can side with Jenna against Madison. I hope Madison doesn’t put too much trust in that friendship.

I would like to voice my support for Chris and his snoring. I hope he bugs the shit out of Adam.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I thought Jenna did clean up the master cabin after Adam and her spent the night.

The way they edited it, it made it appear that while Adam was bitching at Madison, she was actually cleaning up the master cabin, showed her replacing a pillow case.

Yeah it would be some chutzpah to have the stews clean up after her and Adam.

As for Adam's fine dining cred, he had Madison put out 3 different wines to pair with the different cheeses he was serving.  But it looked like the guests were just drinking a lot of the wine before the cheese came out.  They probably had plenty more wine to pour but seemed like they didn't time it correctly.

Not that it matters, these guests and most other guests just care that the settings and the food are photogenic and that the booze they pour are expensive.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, APK said:

There are some very good reasons that he's not working in a high end restaurant, starting with his anger management issues and repeated interest in schtupping his coworkers.  He's a better cook than most of the chefs we've seen on the various seasons of the show, other than the whole onion incident.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, terrymct said:

There are some very good reasons that he's not working in a high end restaurant, starting with his anger management issues and repeated interest in schtupping his coworkers.  He's a better cook than most of the chefs we've seen on the various seasons of the show, other than the whole onion incident.

That’s why most of these mooks are working on a boat. It’s because they can’t handle a more conventional setting.

I used to work in the restaurant business and every chef I ever met had anger issues. It’s the pressure. Not everyone can be as calm and reasonable as Gordon Ramsey.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

p.s. - Wanted to add that I am enjoying Kate's commentary on past episodes.  She pointed out that Adam serves his own food the majority of the time which again begs the question:  What the ever loving fuck does Jenna do, exactly?  

Jenna does serve! She serves herself to Adam.

• LOL 6

I agree with all of this.  I had hope for Bryon at the beginning but the more they show him, he is just as Mean Girl as the rest.  I can understand Madison and Parker's frustration working on such a small boat, where most if not all the crew use you as the object of their jokes.  Yes Parker did act like a little kid at times but he was never proposedly mean to anyone.  Same with Madison.  Parker never should have shared the note from Madison to Jeanna since she took that and made it a "joke" among the rest of crew.  Again, there is a mean girl feeling on the boat and now that Parker is gone it is all on Madison.  I think all of them suck.

And I know most people like captain, I just don't know how he did not see or pick up on "harmless" teasing.  And he had to have seen Jeanna and Adam sucking face during working hours.  That would not fly at any other job.  Keep you sex pawing for after hours.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, gaPeach said:

And I know most people like captain, I just don't know how he did not see or pick up on "harmless" teasing.  And he had to have seen Jeanna and Adam sucking face during working hours.  That would not fly at any other job.  Keep you sex pawing for after hours.

This boat is basically a floating hotel/restaurant. If you ever worked out n a bar or restaurant there is constant non-stop hooking up and make out sessions in every nook and cranny in the joint.

I remember when I was working in a bar/restaurant in lower Manhattan. They were losing a lot of food especially premium meats so we put a hidden camera in the cold box. Now there were two groups of kitchen workers who hated each other. There was the Chinese workers lead by a woman and Mexican workers led by a guy who was very macho and condescending. They were always arguing and fighting and mocking each other.

The day after we put in the cameras we looked at the tape. The two leaders came into the cold box....and started banging right on top of a sack of onions. Later we found out that a bunch of workers were making the beast with two backs. You only found out about it because of the cameras. That is the essence of it on Below Deck.

(By the way we later caught one of the partners stealing filet mignon out of the freezer)

• LOL 3

Captain Glenn spent months with Paget and Ciara fixing up the boat - he obviously doesn't find anything wrong with people coupling up on the boat.  I hope he feels differently about his unqualified support for Jenna when he sees how abysmal her behavior was towards her subordinates though.

• Love 4

Byron seems like a sleaze to me. I’ve thought that for a few episodes. Him bragging about all the banging he did On boats before getting married was pretty lame too like who cares lol.

I wonder if Adam and Jenna are still together? They are one of the worst couples in BD history. So annoying and both just huge assholes who think way too high of themselves.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I just saw last week’s episode and hadn’t seen that weird meltdown Adam had when he found out Jenna & Georgia dated the same guy. He is way creepier than I already thought. Why did he lose his shit over that?? Control freak much? He is off in the head, and seems dangerous. 

Jenna’s mean spirit showed AGAIN when they were all at dinner and she couldn’t contain her smile at Parker leaving and actually wishing he had been fired. I didn’t care for Parker but damn, she is just a bitch. 

I have seen way too many scenes now of Adam angry. Angry at Jenna for daring to date someone before him. Angry at Parker for not making beds. Angry at Madison for “gossiping” about those assholes using the master suite. Angry at Parker for not cleaning their toilet, lol. He always talks in this gruff way like he’s gritting his teeth together as not to explode. He also chops vegetables angrily. The dude needs to get off my screen. He’s a ticking time bomb. 

Ciara seems more relaxed lately, I like it. She’s cute! 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, RoxiP said:

Captain Glenn spent months with Paget and Ciara fixing up the boat - he obviously doesn't find anything wrong with people coupling up on the boat.  I hope he feels differently about his unqualified support for Jenna when he sees how abysmal her behavior was towards her subordinates though.

I don't think he has much of a say on it.

This is a TV show, which thrives on drama.  Of course they're going to want relationship drama, both between couples and those outside couples like Madison.

In the real world, like say in the navy, there are rules against fraternization, especially people serving on ships.

Here, it's encouraged.

On 4/22/2020 at 7:00 AM, Kiki777 said:

Good bye Mr. Skidmarks!  And good luck with soon-to-be Mrs. Skidmarks!

Who does that?  Sheeesh!  He then talked about why his roommate shouldn't be mad.  Who else did he think was going to clean it up?  Oh, his mom.

On 4/22/2020 at 3:04 PM, Kdawg82 said:

Already turned over rooms being used for sex, complete with showering in them and having the subordinates expected to turn them over AGAIN?! UNACCEPTABLE

That was pretty gross.

2 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

This boat is basically a floating hotel/restaurant. If you ever worked out n a bar or restaurant there is constant non-stop hooking up and make out sessions in every nook and cranny in the joint.

I worked as a waitress/bartender through college and grad school.  Never, ever saw anything like that.  Even a kiss would get you canned.  It's called professionalism.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I know I'm a bit late replying to this show. Jenna is a horrible boss, but Adam is a bunny boiler. He does know what kind of woman to zone in on. That blank stare on a previous episode.  I'd be moving and changing my social media accounts.

Captain Glenn is the kind of boss who is wonderful to work for if you just want to do your job. I did love his face when Parker "resigned."

• Love 4
On 4/20/2020 at 8:52 PM, snarts said:

Adam, It was Bryon who brought up the master cabin. Madison just commented on what he said. You didn't have the balls to take on Bryon. Instead go all mean girl on Madison. You angry toad.

Madison isn't inserting herself in your personal life, Jenna. You're sharing your messy ass personal business all over the ship. You're going to punish her? Oh yeah, that's professional. 

And now Byron is on my shit list because of this.

Why did he not speak up and take the heat off of Madison?

Way to let another crew member speak to someone "beneath them" like that Byron.

• Love 5

I am watching repeat episodes of this season, and OMFG I am yelling at the TV because no one has the balls to call out Jenna and Adam's disgusting, entitled behaviour. I'm also realizing both of them are misogynistic given how they treat and talk about the women on the boat, and their clients. Adam needs to tone down gaslighting, and jenna clearly is drawn to abusive men.

• Like 1