Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E21: Murder of Crows

• Start Topic

That episode seemed slightly less meh than last weeks.  With no Nell, the Deeks/Beale pairing just doesn't seem to work, and I much prefer him with Kensi. 

I really hate the Hetty will kill us references when she isn't in the episode.  These people are adults, the majority have been in the job for over 10 years, Hetty doesn't need to be micro managing them for that reason.  They don't need to be saying things like this, just to make it seem like she is still around. 

I am not sure where I read it, (probably on the NCIS LA facebook page) but someone suggested Nate would be a good person to be running ops.  I actually like that idea.  He knows the team well and knows their capabilities and their back stories.  It would reintroduce a decent character who isn't going to come in with the idea to "break up the team" yet again.  However, if everyone else has other things on the backburner, in real life, there may be the need for the newer characters to train (Roundtree and Fatama - who is starting to annoy me) and maybe they could go back to actual undercover ops and not just solve cases like other CSI-type programs.  I miss the undercover, take over a new persona, aspects of the first 5-6 seasons. 

I really thought at the beginning of this episode, they were alluding to the missing guy being the new Callen (they guy who could take on any role and was the master of disguise), something Callen hadn't been for a very long time.  But it didn't eventuate.  Very disappointing. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

I am not sure where I read it, (probably on the NCIS LA facebook page) but someone suggested Nate would be a good person to be running ops.  I actually like that idea.  He knows the team well and knows their capabilities and their back stories.  It would reintroduce a decent character who isn't going to come in with the idea to "break up the team" yet again.  However, if everyone else has other things on the backburner, in real life, there may be the need for the newer characters to train (Roundtree and Fatama - who is starting to annoy me) and maybe they could go back to actual undercover ops and not just solve cases like other CSI-type programs.  I miss the undercover, take over a new persona, aspects of the first 5-6 seasons. 

Nate was, I think, supposed to be in the finale (which according to Dani's IG is a cliffhanger). I also think it involved Anna, Arkady, and probably Katya. I'm hoping they get renewed just because I'd love to see all those characters back (not Katya so much). I agree Nate could run OSP. I love his character, and if he does come back--even for a guest spot--I need to see him have a session with Callen (the guy needs to let it all out).

I'm not sure about Roundtree yet, but Fatima is REALLY starting to tick me off. OMG, stop your bitching! She sounds like some rich brat.

I think ECO has so many projects going on (Dani's IG again), that he's probably AWOL from the set a lot, and it shows, If he's not interested in being fulltime in the show, just put him in the bar. It would be easier to find Kensi a permanent partner who'll be there regularly. I'd miss him like I do Hetty, but it doesn't seem fair to screw up the partners and the show.

4 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

I really thought at the beginning of this episode, they were alluding to the missing guy being the new Callen (they guy who could take on any role and was the master of disguise), something Callen hadn't been for a very long time.  But it didn't eventuate.  Very disappointing. 

I would love to see Callen take Finn under his wing and train him. What makes Sam think he's the only agent fit to train a new recruit? TBH, I'm not really liking Sam since he met Katherine; he doesn't seem like the guy who was married to the badass, down-to-earth Michelle (loved her).

This was a boring episode for me. I think the "humor" sucked and the comedienne was a bust. And again, the plot. Why would a tech operator be going on an undercover mission against a drug lord? What was she going to do, plant a virus in his laptop? And it sounded like her first undercover. Just as lame as Roundtree's assignment. No agency is putting rookies in the field on such dangerous assignments. And it took over 30 minutes to find out what the title and the case was all about--abused women. The ep in S8, "Queen's Gambit," was way better dealing with a similar theme.

The next episode looks better, but I'm tired of SEALS and the whole "How does Sam feel about going after one of his own" shtick. Sam hasn't been a SEAL for over a decade. If he has a problem investigating SEALS, he shouldn't have joined NCIS; he could've joined the Army CID.

Edited by ymeagain
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, ymeagain said:

Nate was, I think, supposed to be in the finale (which according to Dani's IG is a cliffhanger). I also think it involved Anna, Arkady, and probably Katya. I'm hoping they get renewed just because I'd love to see all those characters back (not Katya so much). I agree Nate could run OSP. I love his character, and if he does come back--even for a guest spot--I need to see him have a session with Callen (the guy needs to let it all out).

I'm not sure about Roundtree yet, but Fatima is REALLY starting to tick me off. OMG, stop your bitching! She sounds like some rich brat.

I think ECO has so many projects going on (Dani's IG again), that he's probably AWOL from the set a lot, and it shows, If he's not interested in being fulltime in the show, just put him in the bar. It would be easier to find Kensi a permanent partner who'll be there regularly. I'd miss him like I do Hetty, but it doesn't seem fair to screw up the partners and the show.

I would love to see Callen take Finn under his wing and train him. What makes Sam think he's the only agent fit to train a new recruit? TBH, I'm not really liking Sam since he met Katherine; he doesn't seem like the guy who was married to the badass, down-to-earth Michelle (loved her).

This was a boring episode for me. I think the "humor" sucked and the comedienne was a bust. And again, the plot. Why would a tech operator be going on an undercover mission against a drug lord? What was she going to do, plant a virus in his laptop? And it sounded like her first undercover. Just as lame as Roundtree's assignment. No agency is putting rookies in the field on such dangerous assignments. And it took over 30 minutes to find out what the title and the case was all about--abused women. The ep in S8, "Queen's Gambit," was way better dealing with a similar theme.

The next episode looks better, but I'm tired of SEALS and the whole "How does Sam feel about going after one of his own" shtick. Sam hasn't been a SEAL for over a decade. If he has a problem investigating SEALS, he shouldn't have joined NCIS; he could've joined the Army CID.

At the moment, I don't see them as being OSP, I was under the impression that implied they used undercover means to solve cases, haven't seen a decent undercover op in a while.  

I really hope next weeks episode is not a fizzer like the last 2, then who knows what will happen?  

Fatima is whingy.  I wonder if it is the "dealing with being kidnapped etc" so early in her career?  Kensi was a fair way into her career before Afghanistan happened, she was an agent for at least 5+ years, so had seen and coped with a lot before that.  Deeks had been through plenty before the Season 4 cliffhanger/Season 5 opener and heavens knows what Sam had been through as a Seal, before becoming an agent, but many of these things happened when they were at a mature point in their careers and they had more life experiences and perspective.  I am not touching on Callen, any other person who had that many "issues" would be curled up in a corner rocking and humming, not functioning like he does.  

I didn't mind the Roundtree character.  I think he could grow on me, but then I said something similar about Fatima and she irks me so much right now.  

I miss Beale having someone to talk to in ops.  Deeks in there with him is just boring.  He and Nell had chemistry, even right from when the Nell character arrived, they clicked.  Deeks spends too much time analysing him, which is what Nate could do.  

Nate needs to come in and shut OSP down and get into their heads.  Sam is coming across as mean to Callen right now, and I don't like him with Catherine either.