Type keyword(s) to search

Killing of a Sacred Deer (2017)

QQQQ
  • Start Topic

On 4/18/2020 at 8:20 AM, QQQQ said:

I feel like I've seen other movies that have this ambience - a cold, lack of emotion even though the story is horrific. Is there a name for this style?

I wondered the same thing, but after reading a few interviews with the director (Yorgos Lanthimos) I've got nothing. It's just said that his style is unique, unsettling, disturbing. No real name for the style of acting.

I am surprised that I like this (and The Lobster) as much as I do, because I usually can't stand cruelty (cruelty to a child!) but I really liked this. There's such an "other-worldliness" to it that the extreme cruelty is so absurd, I guess I don't get bothered by it.

I kept waiting for Nicole Kidman to say "Choose ME!" In any other movie she would. Man, they turned that around on me! Any scene in this movie where Nicole is on the bed with Colin Farrell is just so ...  ::shudder::

I don't think I liked it more than The Lobster (I mean, this movie doesn't have Ben Whishaw!) but I for sure will be watching again.