Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: The Gang Gets a Call from HR

• Start Topic

When DNC head Frank Landau asks Reddick, Boseman & Lockhart for help with a plan to engage African-American voters, the resulting discussion turns personal for one of the partners. Determined to sue Rare Orchard, Diane is shocked to learn that all court documents associated with the case are missing, leading her down an unexpected rabbit hole. Meanwhile, Marissa befriends Caleb Garlin, an STR Laurie associate.

Airdate: April 30, 2020

What I hated about this episode is it started exactly as (maybe episode 2 did?) so I couldn't even tell it was a new episode. I thought it was a rerun and shut it off.  Then I tried it again later and found out it was a new episode.  They shouldn't do that.

• Love 1

Every episode is just about the same. Orange Man bad. White people bad. Corruption is fine in the service of political correctness. Rinse and repeat.

The only thing that saved last season was the crazy antics of the dude who moved to the serial killer show.

At first, I, too, thought the show was a re-rum from the week before with it's opening. Glad I stuck with it. 

It seems the show doesn't know what to do with itself, or its talented cast. It keeps running in circles chasing its tail - and this started last season. I'm disappointed since I love this show - but it doesn't seem to know who its audience is any longer. 

One thing I know for sure - it's so much better without the character of 'Maya Reidel'.  She brought nothing to the show after season 1.    

• Love 2

The DNC sent the wrong guy, IMO. He was fairly ineffectual unless he was intended to stir up shite with no operational result and then leave being able to say they at least made an effort with "the Blacks."

Passwords in a secret society. Exactly. Memo 618 sounds like Illuminati b.s. to me.

Claire Dane's husband is getting around. I just saw him help finish Homeland, where he also played a tool in a three-piece suit. Secure the bag, Hugh Dancy. Wifey's unemployed now. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I bet the scenario where a white "sensitivity" expert lectures black people on racism is true to corporate life, though.

Is anyone else amused by THE GOOD FIGHT's episode naming conventions? First season it was the old THE GOOD WIFE conceit of rising and falling numbers of words in the title. Second season was Day xxx. Third season they copied FRIENDS' The One With. This season they're copying IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA with "The Gang..."

• Love 6
15 hours ago, wendyg said:

I bet the scenario where a white "sensitivity" expert lectures black people on racism is true to corporate life, though.

Is anyone else amused by THE GOOD FIGHT's episode naming conventions? First season it was the old THE GOOD WIFE conceit of rising and falling numbers of words in the title. Second season was Day xxx. Third season they copied FRIENDS' The One With. This season they're copying IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA with "The Gang..."

Thank you for pointing it out!  Makes sense now.

Didn''t notice the first season episode title theme. Thanks. 

Wonder what they'll do for Season 5? Sondheim lyrics? College courses? "My ____" (with a rare "His/Her/Their Story" to mix it up, and then "Our ____" for a disappointing final episode)? Any other shows have themed episode titles? I think DAMAGES always used snippets of actual dialogue, but a few other shows might have done that.

(for those curious, DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, COMMUNITY and SCRUBS)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I thought this was a brilliant episode.  I can't think of another show that had black characters arguing the merits/ pitfalls of reparations.  

I like the way this show does stuff that no other show would think to do.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 5/25/2020 at 1:52 PM, Hanahope said:

Re: the court injunction order.  I get going paperless, but every firm I know of always prints out court orders.  Always have a back up.

Makes sense, but I did enjoy Diane thwarting Canning by agreeing the issue hadn't already been adjudicated. 

I don't expect much realism from the Kings, so although it seemed unlikely that the DNC would hire the firm to function as a sort of giant focus group I accepted it as a vehicle for the airing of diverse views combined with the HR issue. 

On 5/6/2020 at 1:53 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

What I hated about this episode is it started exactly as (maybe episode 2 did?) so I couldn't even tell it was a new episode.

I thought it started right where the previous episode left off, with the chef reporting the demolition of her restaurant in violation of Julius' order.

• Like 1
  • Love 1