Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: "Until Decision Day Do We Part"

• Start Topic

Here's another thing I refuse to accept.... Many Catholics still do not believe in divorce. If Michael was a true Catholic I could believe it of him. BUT - I have neither seen or heard anything this season to indicate that his Catholic sensibilities had any problem whatever with staying together or getting a divorce after 8 weeks, which lovely little escape hatch he MUST have known about from before he signed on.

He's a liar from the start, and will be to the end of his days.

I see no value whatever in him as a human being.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I cannot believe how many people here are still blaming Mindy looking sloppy for Zach's lack of boner or implying that she walks around in a cloud of visceral body odor like Pigsty because we saw her skip ONE shower (and like you said, maybe she just doesn't shower at night).

Remember when Mindy was a nice, normal person? Remember how she just lost a sister to drugs? Remember her recent miscarriage? Remember her family abandonment? Isn't it funny how none of that mattered because some douche didn't want to fuck her and then everyone spent the whole season speculating about her stench and throwing out wildly unfounded theories that she had an eating disorder (and worse, that she's bulimic and Zach must "be turned off by barf breath" which...yeesh)?

We never really got to know Mindy as a person because she spent all her time decoding Zach's word salad and trying to respond to his endless vacuum of narcissism. And then to add insult to injury, people love shitting on Zach but still subtly imply it's Mindy's fault for not dressing sexily or wearing makeup 24/7 or having smaller teeth. I don't know what people want from her.   

THIS!!!!!! A Thousand Times This!

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I cannot believe how many people here are still blaming Mindy looking sloppy for Zach's lack of boner or implying that she walks around in a cloud of visceral body odor like Pigsty because we saw her skip ONE shower (and like you said, maybe she just doesn't shower at night).

Remember when Mindy was a nice, normal person? Remember how she just lost a sister to drugs? Remember her recent miscarriage? Remember her family abandonment? Isn't it funny how none of that mattered because some douche didn't want to fuck her and then everyone spent the whole season speculating about her stench and throwing out wildly unfounded theories that she had an eating disorder (and worse, that she's bulimic and Zach must "be turned off by barf breath" which...yeesh)?

We never really got to know Mindy as a person because she spent all her time decoding Zach's word salad and trying to respond to his endless vacuum of narcissism. And then to add insult to injury, people love shitting on Zach but still subtly imply it's Mindy's fault for not dressing sexily or wearing makeup 24/7 or having smaller teeth. I don't know what people want from her.   

AMEN to all of that!  I couldn't believe how much her looks were criticized.  Is Zach even that much of a prize? Nice hair, he's conventionally attractive.   But is he really that much more attractive?  Did he dress to the nines every time he saw her?  Because I remember tshirts and shorts.   Casual just like she was.

And the hygiene!  Fuck, I need a shower to wake me up in the morning and b/c my hair will be a mess.  I'm not going to take 2 showers a day unless i rolled around in the mud earlier in the day.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 20
49 minutes ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Here's another thing I refuse to accept.... Many Catholics still do not believe in divorce. If Michael was a true Catholic I could believe it of him. BUT - I have neither seen or heard anything this season to indicate that his Catholic sensibilities had any problem whatever with staying together or getting a divorce after 8 weeks, which lovely little escape hatch he MUST have known about from before he signed on.

If someone was Catholic and truly committed to no divorce why would they be on this show. That being said Brandon and Michael are both trying to get legal annulments even though that is not supposed to be an option.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

With naive Derek, Katie's "trick" is probably "getting naked."

Could be.  lol  Although when he kissed her at the wedding ceremony, dude handled it.  Nicely...

• Love 3

As much as I believe that there is no way on this planet that Michael should have been selected (recruited, no less), I did actually feel sorry for him. I do think he was blindsided when Meka, rightfully, said no. He did say that he understood that his behavior was the core of the problems, so I hope he meant that. Meka looked lovely.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

As much as I believe that there is no way on this planet that Michael should have been selected (recruited, no less), I did actually feel sorry for him. I do think he was blindsided when Meka, rightfully, said no. He did say that he understood that his behavior was the core of the problems, so I hope he meant that. Meka looked lovely.

Blindsided by Meka?  How so?  He lied to her, she confronted him multiple times on it.  There was zero chemistry between the too.

There's zero chance he went into decision day thinking they were going to stay married.  

(But Meka did look lovely)

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

He was lying. He learned nothing from this except maybe staying single is the only way to live his life the way he wants. 

I thought Meka was amazing. She looked beautiful and handled herself well. Meka for the win.

• Love 14

I am of two minds when it comes to Brandon.  On one hand, I laughed at him treating this shit show like the shit show it is.  It's not about marriage, it's about creating drama; producers don't give a shit who stays together, as long as the ratings are high.

On the other hand, if you're going to be on a reality show then you have to show up.  I've had jobs I didn't like and I showed up at them, until I resigned and found a better job.  I think when Brandon's brother was killed his mother and grandmother probably indulged Brandon.  Now I've heard a rumor that

Spoiler

Taylor was a last minute replacement.

Pastor Cal is a fool, he fell for Taylor's bullshit.  BTW why did the good pastor ask Zach about him doing the show to be famous and not ask Taylor who was obviously doing this show to get more Instagram followers.  She was even wearing a cute, little dress that was more suited for Temptation Island.

For me Meka was the MVP of this show.  Love her natural hair and she looked so cute on decision day.  Meka said that she was matched with the person Michael PRETENDED to be, the person he CLAIMED to be on his questionnaire.  IMO the only people who should have been on the show were Jessica and Austin, Derek and Meka, period.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
36 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I am of two minds when it comes to Brandon.  On one hand, I laughed at him treating this shit show like the shit show it is.  It's not about marriage, it's about creating drama; producers don't give a shit who stays together, as long as the ratings are high.

On the other hand, if you're going to be on a reality show then you have to show up.  I've had jobs I didn't like and I showed up at them, until I resigned and found a better job.  I think when Brandon's brother was killed his mother and grandmother probably indulged Brandon.  Now I've heard a rumor that

Reveal spoiler

Taylor was a last minute replacement.

Pastor Cal is a fool, he fell for Taylor's bullshit.  BTW why did the good pastor ask Zach about him doing the show to be famous and not ask Taylor who was obviously doing this show to get more Instagram followers.  She was even wearing a cute, little dress that was more suited for Temptation Island.

For me Meka was the MVP of this show.  Love her natural hair and she looked so cute on decision day.  Meka said that she was matched with the person Michael PRETENDED to be, the person he CLAIMED to be on his questionnaire.  IMO the only people who should have been on the show were Jessica and Austin, Derek and Meka, period.

I agree with all except PC didn't fall for it, they were all playing it together. She played their game with them & they indulged her 15m for it. I also didn't think her outfit was cute at all; she's just so tacky in every way IMO.

Meka has probably been the most impressive person to ever be on this show. Not because she was in a successful match, obviously, but because of the way she handled the shit situation she was put in- by the show.

• Love 14

Zach, seriously, you have "so much to offer a woman.  And people"?  Hilarious.  That stupid smile you have when something serious is said just smacks of insincerity.  So creepy.

Meka - soooo proud of you!  Go find yourself a good man.  They're out there.

Taylor - BEGGING you to rethink that hair.  I mean this kindly, really.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, retired watcher said:

If someone was Catholic and truly committed to no divorce why would they be on this show. That being said Brandon and Michael are both trying to get legal annulments even though that is not supposed to be an option.

If he’s that Catholic then he shouldn’t be too worried about his marriage to Meka. It wasn’t in a Catholic Church and it wasn’t a sacrament performed by a priest so in the eyes of the church, it wasn’t a valid marriage. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, gonecrackers said:

I agree with all except PC didn't fall for it, they were all playing it together. She played their game with them & they indulged her 15m for it. I also didn't think her outfit was cute at all; she's just so tacky in every way IMO.

Meka has probably been the most impressive person to ever be on this show. Not because she was in a successful match, obviously, but because of the way she handled the shit situation she was put in- by the show.

LOL, but I didn't mean Taylor's dress was cute more like "cute" and suited for Temptation Island, (the show Brandon said she wanted to be on and didn't get), or maybe Love and Hip Hop Atlanta.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Yes, I hope Derek breaks away from Katy before she becomes pregnant.  You never know.  He’ll be doomed.  He doesn’t believe in divorce.  We’ll see how that works out.  I wish him luck and patience.

He needs more than luck and patience if he's dumb enough to go on a reality show that involves being married to a stranger if he doesn't believe in divorce.  Seems to me someone who doesn't believe in divorce would be super careful to get it right, and not choose to leave it up to some strangers on a teevee show.

5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I think she only didn't shower before bed; I believe that got extrapolated on this board that she is somehow not hygienic.  A lot of people shower in the morning.  

But she didn't shower after being in an AIRPLANE, not to mention handling a SUITCASE, which should never ever EVER be put on a bedspread. 

1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Is Zach even that much of a prize? Nice hair, he's conventionally attractive.   But is he really that much more attractive?  Did he dress to the nines every time he saw her?  Because I remember tshirts and shorts.   Casual just like she was.

And wearing a tank top in the casting video.  Anyone who gets matched to someone who was wearing a tank top in the casting video should have every right to wear whatever she wants whenever she wants.

1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Blindsided by Meka?  How so?  He lied to her, she confronted him multiple times on it.  There was zero chemistry between the too.

There's zero chance he went into decision day thinking they were going to stay married. 

I don't know...maybe he lies to himself as much as he lies to other people.  It's only fair.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Yes - it was spliced together in the preview. Two different sentences in actuality. Preview definitely showed her saying that separating from Zach was NOT good for her. Real life scene, Mindy says, "I feel like deciding to separate from Zach was the best thing I could have done, and ever since that day, I just feel like a huge weight has been lifted off me, and I'm just in such a better place. This marriage - like, I was putting, - I did put everything that I had into it but it just was not good for me. I have really taken everything that--that all of you have said to heart and I've been focusing on my own well-being and what I need to do to stay healthy and--and I've been doing well."

One thing I missed when I was watching this last night (I honestly kind of zoned out on Zach and Mindy) - when they are saying their good-byes to the experts, Dr. Pepper punches Zach on the arm and says, "Be a better man." 😂 He doesn't look too thrilled by that.

Anyway @CaliCat, you are definitely not senile. The previews are never to be trusted, although I don't think they frankenbite sentences together that way very often. Usually, it's different parts of conversations and reaction shots. But in this case, I don't think any of us were fooled into thinking Mindy and Zach were going to reconnect. 

Thank you!  Wow, I think there’s probably a big bonus for the creative editor who put those sentence fragments together on film.

I’m going to assume that your gerontology skills are right up there with your  stenography skills and take your word that I’m not senile. 🙂

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

LOL, but I didn't mean Taylor's dress was cute more like "cute" and suited for Temptation Island, (the show Brandon said she wanted to be on and didn't get), or maybe Love and Hip Hop Atlanta.

I do believe this show was basically an audition opp for her. Hope it failed miserably.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I don't think anybody's career will be damaged by this show,  it's all about exposure.

Brandon and Michael are two young black men without criminal records and babymamas, and that might be attractive for some black women who want "nothing but a black man."  They'll put the blame on Meka, Taylor and Taylor's wig. 

By the time the next season starts most people would have forgotten the previous season as I usually forget the previous season.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
42 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

If he’s that Catholic then he shouldn’t be too worried about his marriage to Meka. It wasn’t in a Catholic Church and it wasn’t a sacrament performed by a priest so in the eyes of the church, it wasn’t a valid marriage. 

Perhaps they snuck in a convalidation ceremony?!

Edited by LaLaLaLa
  • LOL 1
23 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Meka is killing it with her hair!!!! I would kill for my natural hair to pop like that.

I really liked the way it looked when she took it down from the curlers and it was in those little ringlets.  It looked so cute and casual.

23 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I don’t like Mindy’s shoes with this dress. Too heavy. I’d have gone with a strappy nude or metallic sandal.

That was odd.  When they first showed her from a more distant shot, I thought I saw dark clunky shoes, and I was obsessively watching for another shot to be sure....I figured I had been mistaken, but nope, they showed them again.  Just awful with that dress.  Wish she had checked out her outfit first with her speak-the-truth friends!

9 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Many liars are really accomplished in their abilities to lies and manipulate.  Thankfully, all the liars on this season were exposed and their spouses able to easily get out of their marriages.  I don't necessarily blame production and the "experts" as I blame the lying liars who lie.

I don't recall exactly what Michael said, but one aspect of his word salad was talking about how he's done what he needed to in the past, which included lying, and the particular word he used strongly implied that he had lied in order to get jobs.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I don't recall exactly what Michael said, but one aspect of his word salad was talking about how he's done what he needed to in the past, which included lying, and the particular word he used strongly implied that he had lied in order to get jobs.

Well, he lied to get on the show.

giphy.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Jaclyn88

People can say what they want about Taylor . I’m sure she is a phony and loves the spotlight . But no one deserves the wrath of Brandon . That guy is such a tool and is so obnoxious . That smirk , his passive aggressive way of speaking , he’s always defiant like a 3 year old . I’m embarrassed for him . He is the reason you do not get married at first sight . 

I wonder if he has any idea how reprehensible and loathsome his behavior was. Every woman who makes the mistake of dating Brandon is going to watch the Brandon highlight reel. He's going to get calls like Hi I just saw you on Mafs...goodbye jerk. I have to think he doesn't have any idea how sickening his act was. Come to think of it when it comes to the jerk award Brandon takes it. Zach and Michael were bottom feeders in their own rights but neither of them was right out obnoxious or nearly as rude as Brandon was. Michael would have been better with out his influence.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

So this may be an unpopular opinion but why should Brandon possibly lose his job over a fucking reality show!  He was a bit brash and unpleasant but I think if I watched this show from the inside I would probably be just as sarcastic and disrespectful.  I don’t know what his issue with Taylor was, but he knew she was playing for the camera and he decided to make a mockery of the whole show. Wish more reality show contestants would tell it like it is.

If I was his employer and saw his revolting behavior and disrespect I'd can his ass. Brandon attempted to get someone to strike him. He showed total loss of composure with no sign of character or maturity.

• Love 14

From a previous thread, "Episode 15: Forever or Never":

On 4/9/2020 at 1:02 PM, Sterling said:

I hope Derek pulls a Neil (of Neil & Sam).

Sam treated Neil horrendously.  Neil acquiesced to her every demand, smoothing over every rough spot, which Sam would then turn into an even bigger rough spot.

On decision day, Sam smugly walked in, plopped on the couch, and said meh, sure, I'll stay married to him.  What else do I have to do today?  Neil?  Nope.  Done.  Nada.

Sam was shocked.  Shocked, I tell you!  

May Derek channel Neil on the couch next week (a few months ago, I know).

Reading this got me thinking, maybe this scenario is what Brandon wanted to do to Taylor, but her saying "No," interrupted his plan. I don't think he seriously wanted to stay married, but would have happily embarrassed her if she had said "Yes." Since she didn't, he had to make his own drama, in his own way, with that exit.

I think that's been Brandon's problem all season, lack of control of his own narrative, lack of control period.  If it wasn't production changing up things on him, it was Taylor and her antics.

Like with his argument with production at the couples' retreat, which confused me at the time as to why he took out his frustration with Taylor, out on the staff, now I really think he wanted it to play out differently. He wanted to accuse her of something and for her to be regretful. And to let him be the one to offer forgiveness.  Instead she got angry, defensive and wouldn't let him talk. We saw how the rest of that played out.

In no way am I trying to get into Brandon's mind, just trying to rationalize some of his reactions for my own sensibilites.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, willgracefan said:

How come I’m only finding out about this now! 

I just about died when he called Taylor’s wig the Cowardly Lion and I still kinda like Taylor.

• LOL 2

I don’t know why Brandon acted offended when Taylor asked for a divorce. She has her faults, but he’s been a piece of trash the entire time. He didn’t even have enough respect for the experts to sit there for a few minutes. Dr. Viviana and Pastor Cal seemed ready to snatch Taylor up if she said she wanted to stay married. 

Michael doesn’t believe in honesty or divorce. Meka deserves better than this lying fool with his flavor saver beard and Mickey Mouse voice. I hope no one was expecting a straight answer from Zach. Derek is such a sweetie, I don’t know why he keeps trying with the annoyance that is Katie .

I’m glad Pastor Cal called Zach, Brandon and Michael our on their behavior. He looked like he was ready to throw Brandon into the next century. Taylor and Meka’s friendship reminds me of Amber and Iris, they seem to have a genuine bond. Michael and his pursed lips could have done like Brandon and not even show up at the final gathering. I’m leaning towards Taylor and Zach or Taylor and Derek as the couple that hooked up after.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, spunky said:

I’m leaning towards Taylor and Zach or Taylor and Derek as the couple that hooked up after.

I'm leaning towards the producers leading us on to think this really happened. They do it to drag us in to watch and it works!

I remember the reunion show with Dallas Amber and Dave, when they asked are you still married? Dave says "yes" **all the dramatic music** we are right now but it would be best if we divorced...

• Love 5
5 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

You are right about everything!  Except this:  his name is Pigpen 😄 

1 hour ago, gingerandcloves said:

Want a chuckle? Michael, excuse me - DarkSkin Debarge - is now available on Cameo for personalized greetings. He's listed as a singer/songwriter. What is this, job #74 now? LOL.

https://www.cameo.com/mike2130

Hahahahaha!  Maybe that was his job all along and that's why he lied about it 😂

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, spunky said:

I’m glad Pastor Cal called Zach, Brandon and Michael our on their behavior. He looked like he was ready to throw Brandon into the next century. Taylor and Meka’s friendship reminds me of Amber and Iris, they seem to have a genuine bond. Michael and his pursed lips could have done like Brandon and not even show up at the final gathering. I’m leaning towards Taylor and Zach or Taylor and Derek as the couple that hooked up after.

Unfortunately, the "experts" didn't call out Katie ...in fact, they provided cover for her. She was just as bad as Zach, Michael, and Brandon but because she somehow got Derek to say yes, she was safe.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Michael a “true” anything is a stretch. 

3 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I wonder if he has any idea how reprehensible and loathsome his behavior was. Every woman who makes the mistake of dating Brandon is going to watch the Brandon highlight reel. He's going to get calls like Hi I just saw you on Mafs...goodbye jerk. I have to think he doesn't have any idea how sickening his act was. Come to think of it when it comes to the jerk award Brandon takes it. Zach and Michael were bottom feeders in their own rights but neither of them was right out obnoxious or nearly as rude as Brandon was. Michael would have been better with out his influence.

Yes.  When he came back in after using the bathroom (aggressively) he was loudly saying “how you all doing?”  Not a guy to take home to mom. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Mindy is just so meek. She's a doormat and she allows people to disrespect her. 

- Her parents think it's ok not to support her when she needs them. 

- Her husband thinks it's ok to tell her he's not attracted to her and he doesnt even like to hang out with her.

- Her friend thinks it's ok to get into an emotional relationship with her husband.

- Fans of the show think its ok to point out her unattractiveness and to assume she stinks.

- Even Taylor and Meka found each other. I guess including Mindy in their single-gals-club would have created a crowd.

It's Mindy's meek personality. She's the Rodney Dangerfield of MAFS. .

FWIW...I'm not a fan of hers either. 

Edited by Blissfool

Re: Attraction between Mindy and Zach. We, if not Mindy, discerned that Zach wasn't attracted from the git-go.

And that's okay! They each took that risk, to be attracted AND to be attractive.

But it was ONLY MINDY who cared enough to cry. To express her concern to the camera, i.e., to us. To keep making an effort.

THUS,  WE (or at least some of us) felt justified in "responding" ( "Without Pity") to her and about her. Might some posts have been a tad harsh or unnecessarily speculative? Yep! 

Mindy couldn't read the room. Ever. 

Does that excuse Zach's being brutal instead of kind in his words and actions? No. But he didn't care. He didn't ask. He didn't cry. So why would anyone comment on how he might change for Mindy? He already had her, if he'd wanted her.

5 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I think Meka's statement that they matched her with the person Michael said he was versus the person he really is says it all about the potentiality of these matches.  Too many liars make it way too far in the application/interview process.  Zach said attraction wasn't important-until he contradicted that in this episode and told us how important it was that he wasn't attracted to Mindy.  The same is true in real life-people get jobs because they lie about their education levels and backgrounds, real relationships are entered into based on lies, etc.  It's hard to protect against lies other than taking time to try and really getting to know someone before jumping into a "forever" relationship.  

Many liars are really accomplished in their abilities to lies and manipulate.  Thankfully, all the liars on this season were exposed and their spouses able to easily get out of their marriages.  I don't necessarily blame production and the "experts" as I blame the lying liars who lie.

I think a lot of us have suspected for a long time that production intentionally chooses people that are very dysfunctional just to create a train wreck.  Come on, they know how to pick people like Bobby, Danielle, Austin, Jessica, Greg, Deonna, etc. but they only choose to pick no more than a few of them each season because otherwise the show would be a snooze.  Think about it.  How many seasons have gone by with just one really successful couple, another not-so-compatible couple and the rest horrible people matched with either a nice "victim" or two horrible people together?  It can't all just be coincidence.  I believe production KNOWS it's picking losers when it chooses the Zachs, Matts, Michaels and all the other creeps and creepettes on this show.  The fact that they chose to nail Zach to his lie of not being so focused on appearance by matching him with someone he wouldn't find attractive based on stuff he told them is no coincidence.  The fact that they chose to match honest, straightforward Meka with Mr. lying, hiding, pants on fire Michael is also no coincidence.  I think they knew EXACTLY what they were doing.  It's too coincidental that they matched these people with exactly the OPPOSITE of what production had to KNOW they wanted based on all that they were told by the applicants.  Not that I think he's without his own problems, but I really don't blame Brandon for calling them pieces of shit, because these are people's LIVES they are playing with here.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, LaLaLaLa said:

... but because she somehow got Derek to say yes, she was safe.

When Katie found out if the marriage survived they had Champagne toast she, of course, said yes

Edited by Liberty
  • LOL 3
13 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

Yea, it realllly felt to me like he was trying to blame Meka for his lying. That if he'd been able to trust her he would not have felt the need to lie. He's repeatedly said that he didn't trust her, but has he ever explained why? 

I also loved his weird line about how he realized "the habits that I had as an individual that were comfortable for me" didn't work in the marriage. The habit of constantly lying? I guess he's right - that habit doesn't really work in a marriage. Does he even listen to himself when he speaks? It's all nonsense but he really seems to think his behavior was justified.

He never explained it, but we all know he doesn't trust her and thinks his constant lying is justified because she didn't have sex with him.  At least that's what he tells himself.  Meanwhile even if she did have sex with him he still wouldn't have stopped lying.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

So this may be an unpopular opinion but why should Brandon possibly lose his job over a fucking reality show!  He was a bit brash and unpleasant but I think if I watched this show from the inside I would probably be just as sarcastic and disrespectful.  I don’t know what his issue with Taylor was, but he knew she was playing for the camera and he decided to make a mockery of the whole show. Wish more reality show contestants would tell it like it is.

Brandon may have a point about the show, but he's like a stopped clock - only right twice a day.  It doesn't make up for the fact that he's generally a self centered, mean spirited asshole.  I don't even have any desire to see him lose his job when I say that either.  He's way beyond just being "a bit brash and unpleasant", sorry.  He didn't live up to his self-righteous attitude.  You can protest the show and the producers without being that immature and nasty about it.  I don't argue with how he feels about it but I do argue with how he handled himself in general.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I couldn't agree with you more.  Meka is a very centered, grounded, emotionally strong individual and my favorite female person ever on this show - maybe even my favorite person period.  I'm just so pissed that they gave her the booby prize in Michael.  I'm of two minds about whether production bought into his lies and thought he would be a great match or whether they were on to him.  Whatever, I just feel sorry that she got stuck with him and hope she finds someone worthy of her soon.

• Love 16

So again we have the long, drawn-out, commercial-spiked decisions. I think everyone knew where it was going.  My quick takeaways from all of this:

Taylor and Brandon: Brandon is a smug, manipulative ass who just won't bow out gracefully. Just has to put a monkey wrench into everything to prove he has the "upper hand." Going to the bathroom during taping? He's really weird.  Good riddance. I DO think the "experts" did not call Taylor out on some of her own bullshit, though. Don't complain on social media and then noodle with the guy on the couch.

Jess and Austin: predictable and formulaic.

Meka and Michael: he is another manipulative liar. He can't keep blaming his childhood for the fact that he can't be straightforward about ANYTHING.  And the ending where he's all sad? His nonsense comments about how hard he was working? Go away. Meka is a smart girl who has shown she can be fun. He just brought out the worst in her. She will be fine. He, on the other hand, needs intensive therapy.

Katie and Derek: Ugh. She was so into having the "upper hand," talking about how she is missing the passion and blah blah blah. I don't think they will last. Derek doesn't realize that there are lots of other women out there who will accept him as he is and consider him an equal, not just someone who constantly needs to jump through hoops to keep them happy.

Mindy and Zach: I just wanted to punch his smug, smirking face right through my TV screen. I did enjoy how, as he babbled on and on in his usual nonsensical way, the editors panned to the "experts" as they shifted in their chairs, exhibited puzzled faces, rubbed their noses, etc. I just WISH they would have said "Zach, you are really just a total bullshitter and we are happy that Mindy got out when she did." He is awful.  Mindy didn't need to tell him he is good husband material. He is not.

• Love 12

On a superficial note:

-Meka has a great figure and looked amazing

-Dr. V has the gummiest smile I've ever seen

-Mindy looked wonderful. I don't think she's too skinny and I am glad she stuck with what is obviously a style she is comfortable with

-Pepper looked a little bedraggled.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I think a lot of us have suspected for a long time that production intentionally chooses people that are very dysfunctional just to create a train wreck.  Come on, they know how to pick people like Bobby, Danielle, Austin, Jessica, Greg, Deonna, etc. but they only choose to pick no more than a few of them each season because otherwise the show would be a snooze.  Think about it.  How many seasons have gone by with just one really successful couple, another not-so-compatible couple and the rest horrible people matched with either a nice "victim" or two horrible people together?  It can't all just be coincidence.  I believe production KNOWS it's picking losers when it chooses the Zachs, Matts, Michaels and all the other creeps and creepettes on this show.  The fact that they chose to nail Zach to his lie of not being so focused on appearance by matching him with someone he wouldn't find attractive based on stuff he told them is no coincidence.  The fact that they chose to match honest, straightforward Meka with Mr. lying, hiding, pants on fire Michael is also no coincidence.  I think they knew EXACTLY what they were doing.  It's too coincidental that they matched these people with exactly the OPPOSITE of what production had to KNOW they wanted based on all that they were told by the applicants.  Not that I think he's without his own problems, but I really don't blame Brandon for calling them pieces of shit, because these are people's LIVES they are playing with here.

I agree.

Drama brings ratings, ratings bring higher add fees, higher add fees bring in more profit.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

On a superficial note:

-Meka has a great figure and looked amazing

-Dr. V has the gummiest smile I've ever seen

-Mindy looked wonderful. I don't think she's too skinny and I am glad she stuck with what is obviously a style she is comfortable with

-Pepper looked a little bedraggled.

I agree about Meka.  On this year's show, I thought she had the nicest figure.

That's no lie!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Yeah, it every couple is Austin and Jennifer, no one is watching.

Meanwhile, I did feel like Austin's expected declaration of love almost felt Stockholm Syndrome.   He didn't seem as happy as I thought he would be.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1