Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Whistle Past the Graveyard

I feel like I don't understand what's going on this season. I don't know if it's because it's the first season I've watched weekly instead of in a binge, or if the season-long story arc is weak. Like is there something more to it than just "The Crowes have come to Harlan and they are criminals"? I just feel a lack of tension that I enjoyed in past seasons, other than guessing that Boyd and the Crowes are going to come to blows soon.

I'll always watch because Timothy Olyphant, but the last few episodes leave me wondering if I'm missing something (which is totally possible -- I'm usually pretty tired by the time I watch).

• Love 1

Yeah, this season has been a lot of pieces moving around without a super-clear overall arc. But: season 3 was that way too, and kind of season 2 (though I haven't watched that one since it aired so maybe I just don't really remember). I'm still really enjoying all that moving around, though, and I think we might just be in a bit of a midseason lull in terms of overall plot before the inevitable Crowder/Crowe blowup plus whatever's coming with Ava.