Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: Don't Mansion It

• Start Topic

Luann didn't drink for two seasons because she was on probation the terms of which forbid her to drink.  She accepted those probation terms to avoid jail time. Her attorney likely advised her to seek treatment via AA to convey to the court her willingness to get help and abide by the plea terms.

Being arrested while intoxicated does not make one an alcoholic. Unfortunately, the court system loves to include sober restrictions in probation terms.  It's a big industry with the interlock/breathalyzer/urine testing. Luann had to play along. What was her alternative? Ask fora prison sentence?

I think Luann had issues in her life at that time that caused her to act inappropriately and drink too much.  I don't think she's an alcoholic.  I do hope that she's self-reflected and/or sought professional help to come to terms which what she did and why and I don't think we'll see in legal trouble again. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
8 minutes ago, snarts said:

Being arrested while intoxicated does not make one an alcoholic. Unfortunately, the court system loves to include sober restrictions in probation terms.  It's a big industry with the interlock/breathalyzer/urine testing. Luann had to play along. What was her alternative? Ask fora prison sentence?

I think Luann had issues in her life at that time that caused her to act inappropriately and drink too much.  I don't think she's an alcoholic.

YMMV.

I'm just annoyed that she dragged AA into it, against the fundamental first principle of the program. It's there for a reason.

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, snarts said:

Luann didn't drink for two seasons because she was on probation the terms of which forbid her to drink.  She accepted those probation terms to avoid jail time. Her attorney likely advised her to seek treatment via AA to convey to the court her willingness to get help and abide by the plea terms.

I think Luann had issues in her life at that time that caused her to act inappropriately and drink too much.  I don't think she's an alcoholic.  I do hope that she's self-reflected and/or sought professional help to come to terms which what she did and why and I don't think we'll see in legal trouble again. 

I agree that Luann isn’t an alcoholic if she says she’s not an alcoholic.  It’s a self-diagnosing “disease,” and it has no clinical definition, so that part doesn’t bother me.

I don’t think it was too much of a big deal that she lied and circumnavigated that justice system, because I completely agree that the court system is sticking its nose where it doesn’t belong (I always say she should have just gone to jail for kicking the cop).

What does bother me though is that she lied to us for two seasons.  She technically started her dishonesty by not letting the divorce info about Tom drop until right after the season nine reunion.  After she skipped the season 10 reunion, she should have been put on (another) time-out by Bravo.  She should have stayed home to deal with her shit.  I saw a video of her drinking at the San Francisco pride parade, and I don’t enjoy being treated like an asshole when she tells the cameras she’s sober.

I’m sure she stuck around and lied to the viewers because she needed the money (wasn’t she trying to finance some multi-million dollar house in a manic state?). Ok, fine, have it girl, but don’t expect me, as a viewer, to stand by you as you told me you were sober, but were downing mimosas.  Fuck that.

I would have said that the arrest was a one-time thing and she’d never get in trouble again...until she got in trouble again (the rehab that made her skip the reunion) and again (the “two mimosas“ that caused her to have to take Antabuse).  So now, she doesn’t have the benefit of the doubt from me anymore.  I like her, generally, but she has to keep her nose clean and stop lying for 2-3 years for me to look at her the same way again.  

Even though I take digs at her, I am truly relieved she’s admitting she’s drinking again, because it shows she’s dipping her toes in the truth just a little.  

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

Yes!  The other women should roll their eyes at her and let Ramona piss, moan, and cry. Leah and Tins have already picked up dishes they didn’t use. Let Ramona glove up and wash Sonja’s poultry covered dong what the hell am I typing here? - and her broken wine glasses. Too bad, boo hoo Moaner.

I mean, I guess???  No matter.  The rule is no glass at the pool (or boat), and I think it’s pretty shitty of them to tear up her pool and yard while she is out.  Sorry not sorry, glass can do some major damage to a pool and it’s liner.  Fuck that noise.  Be a good guest.  They are at her house FFS.  So she told them to pick up some dishes.  Move the fuck on but don’t throw Tiki Torches and break glass in the yard and pool.  

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, snarts said:

That's my issue with the justice system, too often they require AA participation as part of a plea agreement. Luann was legally required to attend two AA meetings per week. IMHO, AA attendance should be strictly voluntary.  You can't punish somebody into sobriety. 

I felt that way when it started 30 or so years ago.  Most people did.  But over the years, I've seen so many people get sober and recover because of something they heard at a court-ordered meeting, I'm fine with it now:

Everyone is welcome, just respect the traditions.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

Eh, to me she lied to save her ass & stay out of jail. I would have likely done the same. She went to rehab (& missed the reunion) on the advice of counsel. While on probation, she thought she could drink privately but got caught. Of course she had play the role of a contrite alcoholic on the show, she was on probation!

Pretty much sums up that whole story of hers. Claim to be an alcoholic to get out of spending real time in jail.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I mean, I guess???  No matter.  The rule is no glass at the pool (or boat), and I think it’s pretty shitty of them to tear up her pool and yard while she is out.  Sorry not sorry, glass can do some major damage to a pool and it’s liner.  Fuck that noise.  Be a good guest.  They are at her house FFS.  So she told them to pick up some dishes.  Move the fuck on but don’t throw Tiki Torches and break glass in the yard and pool.  

I  promise it’s not Leah or Tins here, posting from the upper level. I didn’t write that they did this in some kind of premeditated act of vengeance for cleaning up for their bitchy host, or in memoriam for the tile floor in Cartagena that Ramona sprayed with her shit and pretended to feel ashamed about, or Kristen’s post-wine glass lip and face in the Berkshires or Dorinda’s damaged walls. Ramoana has broken glasses on the show too, so she needs refreshing on no-glass policies which I personally agree with (but she may not.)

Ramona happened to win a stupid prize this one time. Of course it’s dreadful and stressful...can’t wait!

• Love 5

I absolutely hated the "vulnerability" sharing game that Ramona insisted they participate in at the vineyard.  Mainly because I don't think Ramona has ever listened to anyone ever, a single day in her life.  She's the type who can't make eye contact while you're speaking, fidgets as if she's uncomfortable, and spends her time not paying attention to what you're sharing with her, but rather, thinking about what she's going to say next.  I loathe people who can't listen, I really do. 

Which is also why her having all these "girlfriends" is such an absolute joke.  Ramona is the sort where you could write a novel on all you know about her but you run into her at the grocery store and she can't even remember your name.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
On 4/17/2020 at 3:18 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

As a recovering alcoholic, I can say those rants seemed pretty authentic, so I'm guessing she's like that in RL as well.

The preview for next week looks insane! Leah accidently having vodka and saying fuck it, Tinsley saying she thinks Leah is safe there with her, cut to a scene with Leah running around naked, throwing a lit tiki torch, a broken glass and garbage strewn backyard, and a dildo in the kitchen. I think Leah is going to make everyone else look like sn amature drunk.

I don't think I'll be able to watch it in real time, I think I'll need to fast forward and read through what happened here. It's too sad.

Oh no.  Another OC .. Another Tamra.  A dildo in the kitchen?  Lovely.  What’s next .. Maxie pads? .. condoms?   I just can’t.   I liked Leah, but if she’s going to go in that direction, I won’t anymore as things will get real trashy.  This show is unique.  Keep it that way.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Oh no.  Another OC .. Another Tamra.  A dildo in the kitchen?  Lovely.  What’s next .. Maxie pads? .. condoms?   I just can’t.

To be fair I think there's a 50/50 chance that the dildo is Sonja's, given her being Sonja and her history of washing Dido's in the dishwasher.

That grossed me out so badly. You know her daughter had to have at least heard about it. I think my kid would never eat in my kitchen again if I did that shit. And rightly so. Just hand wash that shit with a mild detergent.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

To be fair I think there's a 50/50 chance that the dildo is Sonja's, given her being Sonja and her history of washing Dido's in the dishwasher.

That grossed me out so badly. You know her daughter had to have at least heard about it. I think my kid would never eat in my kitchen again if I did that shit. And rightly so. Just hand wash that shit with a mild detergent.

Or, put it in your private bidet or whatever hell you call it.  I just added to my post, haha.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I can't think of anyone else that would pull that stunt. (Maybe Brandi G.) I feel so much second hand embarrassment for Sonja's daughter. Sonja has been the worst mess since long before her Nigerian Football Team and her ridiculous toaster oven.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

After all the stupid sloppy things Sonja has done in the past and is still doing, how does she expect to get a man?  She’s probably the joke of N.Y.City and the Hamptons.  It’s not funny anymore.  It’s pathetic.  She has to find an ugly, rich asshole.

• Love 9

I found the definition of irony.  I'm rewatching Season 10, the beginning, and Dorinda is absolutely disgusted that Sonja's telling everyone that Scott pays for Tinsley, and even went to tattle to Tinsley about it as if she was super supportive of her.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
On 4/17/2020 at 11:58 AM, Silver Bells said:

Stupid question, but, I’m wondering if she’s like that in real life or is it for the camera?  I really don’t know how these shows work.

This past January I attended a "An Evening with the Celebrity Housewives" show in Arizona.  Sonja was on the panel along with LeeAnn Locken from Dallas and Kelly Dodd from Orange County.  Sonja was absolutely delightful, charming and very gracious.  You'd never think that Sonja and the Sonja from this week's episode was the same person.  

• Useful 7
  • Love 6
On 4/16/2020 at 9:11 PM, Steph J said:

You're giving Ramona too much credit if you think she gave a thought to anyone else's comfort level. Going to a winery is what Ramona wanted to do. That's as far as the thought process went.

Sorry guys, but as I'm rewatching the series, you're reminding me of hilarious stuff.

In Mexico, Ramona was spending the entire trip kissing Bethenny's ass, so she bought her a purse.  She said, "I'll buy one for all the girls.  Bethenny. Sonja. And Tinsley."  And then used LUANN'S MONEY TO PAY FOR THEM.  And then Luann was like "Where's my bag?"  Ramona didn't even bother to get a bag for Dorinda and Dorinda said "Let's be clear. She wanted to buy a bag for Bethenny.  That's as far as she thought."

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, eclectcmoi said:

This past January I attended a "An Evening with the Celebrity Housewives" show in Arizona.  Sonja was on the panel along with LeeAnn Locken from Dallas and Kelly Dodd from Orange County.  Sonja was absolutely delightful, charming and very gracious.  You'd never think that Sonja and the Sonja from this week's episode was the same person.  

I think Sonja often hams it up for the show, though it's unfortunate when she drinks too much and gets carried away. I still like her a lot. She does need to get a haircut, though. That longer hair ages her. While Qunicy might prefer her mum didn't get so carried away, I wouldn't be surprised if they've talked about it. 

Looking very forward to this week's episode. I'd be super pissed if I were Ramona, too.

• Love 7
On 4/19/2020 at 6:19 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I agree that Luann isn’t an alcoholic if she says she’s not an alcoholic.  It’s a self-diagnosing “disease,” and it has no clinical definition, so that part doesn’t bother me.

There are many alcoholics who tell themselves they aren’t alcoholics, because denial is a core component of the disease. This is why step one requires you to admit you’re powerless over alcohol and it’s also why people in meetings identify themselves by saying they’re alcoholics. 

Luann saying she’s not alcoholic doesn’t necessarily make it true. Few of us want to admit it. 

Ramona’s breasts are too large for her frame. They make her look top-heavy and even chubby at times. She should go down a size. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 15
31 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

There are many alcoholics who tell themselves they aren’t alcoholics, because denial is a core component of the disease. This is why step one requires you to admit you’re powerless over alcohol and it’s also why people in meetings identify themselves by saying they’re alcoholics. 

Luann saying she’s not alcoholic doesn’t necessarily make it true. Few of us want to admit it. 

I respect your opinion, and I don’t want to get too deep into this, as I’m sure it’s going to come up all season, but since there’s no medical or clinical definition of “alcoholic,” the term can be interpreted to mean almost anything, so I am not comfortable putting that label on someone.  Whatever anyone else wants to do is cool.  

AA is an ideology.  Even though it’s not an ideology into which I personally buy, I do think Luann was disrespectful to AA, and she should have never been allowed to go there in lieu of jail in the first place, nor should AA have accepted her, as she does not meet the requirement for membership (the desire to stop drinking).  I blame the justice system more than I blame Luann, though I feel she bears some responsibility.

• Love 4
On 4/17/2020 at 12:40 PM, nexxie said:

If she’s really going on dates - she may be lying to seem popular.

Worse if she's going on on these dates and none of them ask for a second one.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 4/17/2020 at 1:03 PM, SweetieDarling said:

I wonder if the offer to tour the house was a subtle way to get them (mostly Sonja) away from the other guests.

I thought the tour was because the house is for sale.  The owner was pointing out things that a real estate agent would.  

It's amazing, these people are from NYC and they have a party with 100% white people and the women almost all have bleached yellow hair.  Talk about insulated, hope there's no an issue with inbreeding with these people.  

• LOL 7
16 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I respect your opinion, and I don’t want to get too deep into this, as I’m sure it’s going to come up all season, but since there’s no medical or clinical definition of “alcoholic,” the term can be interpreted to mean almost anything, so I am not comfortable putting that label on someone.  Whatever anyone else wants to do is cool.  

AA is an ideology.  Even though it’s not an ideology into which I personally buy, I do think Luann was disrespectful to AA, and she should have never been allowed to go there in lieu of jail in the first place, nor should AA have accepted her, as she does not meet the requirement for membership (the desire to stop drinking).  I blame the justice system more than I blame Luann, though I feel she bears some responsibility.

We don't turn away people who come to AA if they say they want to be sober; even if they are drunk when they say it. Just like we can not diagnise someone else as an alcoholic, we can't judge their sincerity. It can take more than once or dozens of times for it to take. AA isn't for everyone, there are other programs. AA also doesn't set out the sentencing rules. It does work for some though. In my three years of sobriety I can think of over a dozen people who are sober because AA attendance was mandatory. 

While we can't diagnose another alcoholic, we can definitely recognize behavior.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 4/16/2020 at 9:49 PM, Neurochick said:

Was that a dig at RHOA?

giphy.gif

When Dorinda says you're drunk that's pretty damn bad.

Absolutely not! If you’ll read it again, you will see it’s a dig at Romana and a compliment to women in Atlanta.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Silver Bells said:

Who goes on a date in the afternoon?

Honestly, my first date with my now husband was a lunch date, it was a 3 hour lunch date.  I was tired of giving up my Friday or Saturday nights when I could be out with my friends, lunch is easier to end early if you are not in to the guy. 

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Honestly, my first date with my now husband was a lunch date, it was a 3 hour lunch date.  I was tired of giving up my Friday or Saturday nights when I could be out with my friends, lunch is easier to end early if you are not in to the guy. 

Actually, me too.

• Love 4
On 4/20/2020 at 8:31 PM, Lemons said:

I thought the tour was because the house is for sale.  The owner was pointing out things that a real estate agent would.  

It's amazing, these people are from NYC and they have a party with 100% white people and the women almost all have bleached yellow hair.  Talk about insulated, hope there's no an issue with inbreeding with these people.  

So the house is on the market and Dorinda, wearing an awfully tacky printed pant, complains about that a house tour  isn't done in London like she's the Queen of England?

Edited by sasha206
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

So the house is on the market and Dorinda, wearing an awfully tacky printed pant, complains about how a house tour this just isn't done in London like she's the Queen of England?

So, why doesn’t she just go back?  Snob.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

nor should AA have accepted her, as she does not meet the requirement for membership (the desire to stop drinking).

She could have been going to "open" meetings, which are exactly that - meetings that are open to anyone.  "Closed" meetings are only for people who self-identify as alcoholics with a desire to stop.

I think it's great if people who are court-mandated into AA find what they are looking for!  I think it's wonderful when anyone finds peace, no matter where it is, or how they got there.  However, I have a huge problem with court-mandated AA attendance.  My biggest problem is that AA is "higher power" based with a hard skew towards that HP being the Christian god.  I also don't like the idea that anything less than complete and utter lifelong sobriety is an utter failure.

But maybe even more than that is that it's not regulated.  There are no benchmarks for people in a court system, there are no guidelines, there's no one whose job it is to make sure people are truly attending much less participating in meetings, there is no regulation that someone going to meetings in Area X is getting the same quality meetings and help as someone in Area B.  In other court-ordered counseling, you get all of this.  Programs apply to be accredited and accepted as places offenders can fulfill their requirements.  I don't think alcohol counseling should be any different.

Full disclosure, I was in in AA for a year and a half, fully sober and worked a clean program.  I left because I felt I was a "situational alcoholic" and AA didn't give me room to have a glass of champagne on my 40th birthday.  I'm 45 now, and I've never regretted leaving AA (though I missed some of the people and sense of belonging to a group).  Some people leave AA and die from it.  Some people leave AA and lead lives with a healthy relationship to alcohol.  I'm not saying LuAnne is in either category, but in AA, they REALLY, REALLY, REALLY do not want to hear about anyone who has left AA and not resumed having a drinking problem.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
On 4/16/2020 at 10:32 PM, Silver Bells said:

Get her off the talking heads.  She’s always preaching about something or someone.  Seeing her drunk is enough.

I did think her bob-and-weave simulation of Ramona going on dates was cute.  And I am not a Dorinda fan.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, lasu said:

in AA, they REALLY, REALLY, REALLY do not want to hear about anyone who has left AA and not resumed having a drinking problem.

That hasn't been my experience in the last four decades, but YMMV.  I know lots of people who were sentenced to meetings for DWI's who most definitely were not alcoholics, and didn't return after sentencing. And lots of people who went back out. I personally don't feel responsible for their sobriety or judge them.  One of my favorite people on this earth is actively drinking and it's killing him...I just know to call him in the golden 4 hours between waking and incoherence

And, for the record, I'm openly anti-organized religion; Star Wars had been out for a couple of years, so I just pictured "the force" as my higher power. No one cared then, and no one cares now. Again, not negating your experience, just sharing mine.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

That hasn't been my experience in the last four decades, but YMMV.  I know lots of people who were sentenced to meetings for DWI's who most definitely were not alcoholics, and didn't return after sentencing. And lots of people who went back out. I personally don't feel responsible for their sobriety or judge them.  One of my favorite people on this earth is actively drinking and it's killing him...I just know to call him in the golden 4 hours between waking and incoherence

And, for the record, I'm openly anti-organized religion; Star Wars had been out for a couple of years, so I just pictured "the force" as my higher power. No one cared then, and no one cares now. Again, not negating your experience, just sharing mine.

Which, again, is part of my problem with AA being part of the court system.  The experience should be the same.  I'm not sure what part of the country you're in, but I'm in Raleigh, NC which is going to get you a mix of very liberal and very conservative.  As an atheist, I made a program work (I used the group itself as my higher power), but my home group was very liberal.  But I definitely have been to meetings where someone will say you cannot make it in AA without a God Higher Power.   I'm glad you haven't experienced in 40 years the same close-,mindedness I did in a year and half!  I'm not being snarky - I mean it.  But I think you can certainly agree that not all meetings are the same - they vary wildly.  And I personally think that AA offers the accountability and benchmarks needed to be a replacement for a structured court ordered program.  Not that it should!  

I will say I'm honestly shocked that you disagree with my experience of people leaving the program and it being considered anything less than a failure and that talk of people who have left AA and gone on to have a healthy relationship with alcohol is something that is Just Not Talked About.  On an individual level, sure.  My sponsor stayed friends with me after I left the program, and she didn't have a problem with the idea I was ok.  (She passed away late 2019, and I still miss her greatly - the time and effort she gave to me was one of the greatest gifts I will likely ever receive in my life.)  But my overall experience was anyone who "went back out" was to be pitied if still loved and there was always the "well, we'll be waiting for them when they're ready to come back," because it was inconceivable that someone who once identified as an alcoholic could ever leave AA and be ok. Even your example is of someone who left and is drinking himself to death, not someone who needed to quit drinking for a period of time and is now fine with moderation.

And weirdly enough (and to put it back on topic), AA may have strongly reinforced the idea that LuAnne is NOT an alcoholic, because the Big Book and so many members so strongly define an alcoholic as only the kind who if she takes one drink will ALWAYS drink to extreme excess.  That didn't fit me, and didn't fit LuAnne (as far as I know).  I was an every now and again binge drinker, no where near a get blackout drunk every time drinker.  Exactly like what Leah described - 19 out of 20 times, just a few drinks and done.  But that 20th?  FML.  I quit because I was in a very depressed state and a hangover was scary to me with the added depression and anxiety.  When I was ready to move on, I did.  

ANYway, my problem isn't with AA itself, though I do personally have some problems with it.  But that doesn't mean I can't see it works for lots and lots of people.  I could never begrudge someone their peace, and I have recommended AA to people even after I left.  But I have a big problem with it being court ordered.  I also knew some absolutely wonderful people who are doing great things with their lives who were first court ordered, and I think that's wonderful!  But I still maintain that it's just not the best way for the court systems to handle alcohol related offenses for the reasons I've already gone over.

• Love 6

Luann is as insufferable as ever! Nothing is ever good enough for her.

Ramona was ridiculous at her "friends" party. Her dress was trashy looking.

Sonja was embarrassing. Is "I wasn't a trophy wife!" the new "dont touch the Morgan letters!"

Tinsley yelling about how she wasn't a trophy wife was accurate. She married her HS boyfriend.

I really like Leah. Such a step up from Barbara.

• Love 8

I realize that none of these women are latter-day Betty Friedans, but it's interesting that they have all gotten where they are because of men, to varying degrees (with the possible exception of Leah? don't know enough about her back story), but then they constantly go and judge the gradations of each other's dependence.  Like, I don't give a shit if you were a trophy wife or not, but just "Own it!" as Rinna would say.

Dorinda isn't exactly a beacon of propriety, but I completely agreed with her that the house tour was tacky.  

Buuuuut....Then she turned around and said that no one should be judging Sonja for the relationship she has with her husband - when she herself has judged Tinsley for the very same thing - and I got very bad whiplash.  

And I know she's a hot mess, and I will probably end up hating her, but God help me I enjoyed Leah in this episode.

• Love 7
On 4/17/2020 at 7:17 PM, Mar said:

https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/dorinda-medley-berkshires-estate

Dorinda’s Blue Stone Manor is In the newest issue of Architectural Digest magazine. If you aren’t familiar with it, it’s been around for decades and it is a very upscale magazine that showcases the most beautiful homes in the world. In recent years the magazine has started to feature celebrities in an attempt to increase their readership. I find it difficult to grasp the image of a drunk, screaming, nasty, vicious Dorinda fitting in with the image this magazine tries to portray.

Thank you for sharing this.  I would have missed it.  I love Dorinda's house...not because I love all of her decorating choices - I don't - but I do believe that your home should be exactly how you want it to be.  Trends and the style du jour be damned, Dorinda has appointed her home just the way she wants it, and I applaud that.  

• Love 9
5 hours ago, backhometome said:

Tinsley yelling about how she wasn't a trophy wife was accurate. She married her HS boyfriend.

That scene was so funny.

Tinsley:  I WAS A TROPHY WIFE, SONJA, REALLY?  WE WERE THE SAME AGE!  I MARRIED MY HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEART!

Sonja:  (Blank look)

Tinsley:  YEAH THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!

And then her talking head where she said "Sonja was a trophy wife!  She was a hostess, and her husband was like 100!"

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, ladle said:

I realize that none of these women are latter-day Betty Friedans, but it's interesting that they have all gotten where they are because of men, to varying degrees (with the possible exception of Leah? don't know enough about her back story), but then they constantly go and judge the gradations of each other's dependence.  Like, I don't give a shit if you were a trophy wife or not, but just "Own it!" as Rinna would say.

I am not so sure about about Ramona being in this category - if I recall correctly she actually made her own money well before Mario...

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 4/21/2020 at 10:23 AM, sasha206 said:

So the house is on the market and Dorinda, wearing an awfully tacky printed pant, complains about that a house tour  isn't done in London like she's the Queen of England?

I think she wears a lot of those Diane VonFurstenberg clothes which have that print, if I’m not mistaken. Or whoever.

On 4/22/2020 at 10:23 PM, Stats Queen said:

I am not so sure about about Ramona being in this category - if I recall correctly she actually made her own money well before Mario...

Ah okay, I had thought she made most of her $ through the businesses she shared with Mario, but I could be misremembering. 

5 minutes ago, ladle said:

Ah okay, I had thought she made most of her $ through the businesses she shared with Mario, but I could be misremembering. 

Mario inherited the jewelry business while Ramona had a clothing resale business.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3