Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: Don't Mansion It

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did anyone notice that Lu did not utter the word "cabaret," once this episode! 

Also, the women were scratching up the bowling alley with their heels.

And we didn't hear 'JOVANNI' either!!  

My thoughts exactly on the ladies bowling in heels.  I'm sure none of them would be caught dead in actual bowling shoes though (I love to bowl, so that's no big deal to me).  That would've been an improvement over LuAnn's white boots though!  

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
45 minutes ago, snarts said:

It should be, it's 3x the size!  Luann has a small 2 bedroom in Sag Harbor that she shares with the kids.  What do I love about it is that it's on the water.  I'll take small & waterfront over big and land locked any day.  She also has that home upstate on the Hudson River.  Must be a water lover like me. 

This episode was everything.  Tinsley's realizing the everyone in the car had mug shots.  The editors including a shot of all their pics.  Ramona looking like Big Bird in her yellow dress trying to put on airs with all her Hamptons friends. Leah wearing a two piece outfit from Forever 21 chomping on her gum. Sonja drunk as hell screaming that she doesn't "shave her pussy".  Luann dragging Sonja away from that poor man, telling her that he has a wife & kids. I seriously can't wait for next week 🙂

I just love them.  They are not afraid to look stupid, and that’s endearing to me anyhow.  They still have confidence after looking like fools.  No other franchise would subject themselves to looking like shit.  They just don’t care.  They are real. 

• Love 18
12 hours ago, dosodog said:

I'm not bothered by Luann's floral dress as much as I'm bothered by the white go go boots.

I didn’t care for those either.  She wore something similar in Cartagena.  I didn’t like them then and I don’t like them now.  What a hodgepodge group they seemed at the Mansion.  

After the last episode many posted that Sonja gained weight.  I didn’t see it so much last week but this week you could really see she’s bigger.  She’s a mess this year and made a complete fool of herself.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 14

Someone needs to remind Dorinda that she may have lived in London for 10 years but she's an American.  So all this touring houses is an American thing, etc.  Please.  

Call me dense but I also don't understand why having house maintenance issues is the reason given for Dorinda being a raging asshole.  Has she been doing house reno since she joined the show?  What does she do all day?  I mean, it's not like she's struggling to pay her bills or dealing with lawsuits or a divorce so I really don't get what she's excessively stressing over. 

So Lu's dress was not Hampton worthy but more Nantucket or Atlanta?  Why is Ramona issuing digs to Atlanta?  And personally, I thought Lu looked nice.  She wasn't overdressed or underdressed IMO and she didn't dress like the p*nis receptacles Sonja and Ramona act like.

I'm with Leah -- who would think it's a good idea for a recovering alcoholic to go to a winery?  Duh.  

Sonja is a really sloppy, gross drunk.  

• Love 19
1 hour ago, snarts said:

It should be, it's 3x the size!  Luann has a small 2 bedroom in Sag Harbor that she shares with the kids.  What do I love about it is that it's on the water.  I'll take small & waterfront over big and land locked any day.  She also has that home upstate on the Hudson River.  Must be a water lover like me. 

What I meant was Luann in her text was griping about how great it is where she lives (and I'm sure it is) by saying I live where you drive to every day, but Ramona's the one with the bigger house. I love her pool!

• Love 4

Tinsley needs to give up those long fake eyelashes and lessen up on the make up. Other than her mug shot, have we ever seen here without such thick makeup?

And enough with the braids.  

• Love 13

Sonja is right back where she was a few years ago when a lot of us said she needed serious help - it’s easy to imagine her losing her life in some gutter on the way home from one of her deperately-seeking-dick parties.

• Love 10
On 4/17/2020 at 11:36 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

This is where Ramona is heading with her late night "dates" that shes going on....

If she’s really going on dates - she may be lying to seem popular.

Edited by nexxie
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19

Well that group probably won't be asked back for any more gatherings at the neighbor's home. How can they not be embarrassed? When they saw Sonja was drunk and making a fool of herself they should have made a hasty getaway.  Oh right they couldn't. They needed to continue to film. Sonja needs to clean up her act. That dress made it look like she is either pregnant and we know that isn't the case or that she has a good size abdominal tumor.  

• Love 8
Just now, nexxie said:

If she’s really going on dates - she may be lying to make her seem popular.

I think it is.. she just randomly gives guys her numbers at bars ... doesn't remember what they look like or any of that shit.... she is taking any kind of attention she can get at this moment and that attention is spent naked on her back then sneeking out back home .... she is to fucking old for that shit .....

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
59 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Was [Leah] trying to prove she has street cred? 

I don’t doubt it.  You know, this is the person who looked two of her co-stars dead in the eye and said she was born and raised in Chelsea, New York, aka a very hip part of downtown Manhattan, when it turns out she spent at least part of her childhood in Connecticut, so she is definitely trying to cultivate an image of some sort.  I wonder when she’s going to start slinging the “motherfuckers” at people like Heather did for a minute (although it’s my opinion that chewing gum is probably worse than saying “motherfucker” lol).

I just want to get her story straight because it keeps changing—so after high school when she was living in Connecticut, she went to rehab for three months and was still deemed too  too disruptive to her siblings, so she got sent to halfway house.  That’s not your standard fare.  That and the arrest, wow.  If she’s a convicted felon, that might have had something to do with her starting her own business.  It would hard to get hired by someone with that track record.

6 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

What I meant was Luann in her text was griping about how great it is where she lives (and I'm sure it is) by saying I live where you drive to every day, but Ramona's the one with the bigger house. I love her pool!

Yes, and FWIW, Ramona’s home is also on a body of water—a pond—so Luann doesn’t even have superiority in that aspect.  

Luann needs to stop looking down her nose at her living quarters, or her punishment should be that she has to go back to living in Jill’s interior guest bedroom in her tiny apartment with no windows, which is where she stayed when filming in the city for season three, because she didn’t have a home in the city before the show (the townhouse was purchased so that Luann could become a TV personality), and who has any idea what kind of pied a tierre (French for ‘studio’) she’s renting now.  

For someone who couldn’t spell out “pedophile” in a text to Carole a few seasons back, Luann likes to write some really long, convoluted shit to people about how they discarded her feelings.  I would place money on the idea that she had been in the cups when she wrote those texts at 2 am (she mentioned, in bitch-fest number 343, that Ramona had a refrigerator fully stocked with alcohol on the lower level.  Quelle horreur).  For a countess, she really loves that phrase “dog piss” doesn’t she?  

I don’t think Luann leaving in the middle of the night warranted Dorinda waking Ramona  up in the morning, unless it was to get Ramona riled up, because riling people up is what Dorinda does.  I think Dorinda was positively salivating over the idea that Luann leaving could have started a war between Luann and Ramona.  She wanted that message Ramona left to Luann to be awful, so that L’s and R’s relationship could become a clusterfuck, and Dorinda could swoop in to “make it nice”.  That backfired, and the message probably brought Ramona and Luann closer together, because Ramona loves to kiss ass and Luann loves to be a pompous one.  

I don’t believe for a second she is sober with Victoria right now.  I have every confidence that they are downing wine by the bottle between taking bong hits and Luann reminiscing about the good old days in Switzerland and cabaret (“can you believe it girls”) until Victoria goes insane and makes a run for it.  

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think it is.. she just randomly gives guys her numbers at bars ... doesn't remember what they look like or any of that shit.... she is taking any kind of attention she can get at this moment and that attention is spent naked on her back then sneeking out back home .... she is to fucking old for that shit .....

With Ramona, it could be for the cameras - she seems more calculating than Sonja, who has serious problems with substances. They’re all too old for their idiotic lifestyles - pathetic really.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Well that group probably won't be asked back for any more gatherings at the neighbor's home. How can they not be embarrassed? When they saw Sonja was drunk and making a fool of herself they should have made a hasty getaway.  Oh right they couldn't. They needed to continue to film. Sonja needs to clean up her act. That dress made it look like she is either pregnant and we know that isn't the case or that she has a good size abdominal tumor.  

I wonder if the offer to tour the house was a subtle way to get them (mostly Sonja) away from the other guests.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

So Lu's dress was not Hampton worthy but more Nantucket or Atlanta?  Why is Ramona issuing digs to Atlanta? 

Being in the South, I didn't appreciate her diss to the people in Atlanta.  She probably thinks we all run around in overalls with a piece of straw in our mouth!  Not that there's anything wrong with overalls, it's just the perception that some have of the South.  Ramona probably thinks that they can't afford high-end clothes in Georgia.  Who knows what thoughts rattle around in the Noodle's brain!  Sadly, we hear some very ignorant things come out of people's mouths about what they think life in the South is like, and some of them are so far off the mark that it makes them look incredibly ignorant themselves.  I'm looking at you, Katie Couric for remarks made by you many years ago. 

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

So Lu's dress was not Hampton worthy but more Nantucket or Atlanta?  Why is Ramona issuing digs to Atlanta?  

For what its worth, I didn't take it as a dig at Atlanta at all - I thought she was referring to Lilly Pulitzer style prints/florals which are popular on Nantucket and in Atlanta/the South ❤️ 

25 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I wonder when she’s going to start slinging the “motherfuckers” at people like Heather did for a minute (although it’s my opinion that chewing gum is probably worse than saying “motherfucker” lol).

And who has any idea what kind of pied a tierre (French for ‘studio’) she’s renting now.

For a countess, she really loves that phrase “dog piss” doesn’t she?  

Oh my gosh, YES. I could not STAND gangster Heather. I also agree chewing gum is worse than MF. Leah is like the ultimate Girl, Interrupted.

I think Lu lives on the UWS which is not very countessy. 

I loathe "pee" and "piss"....why didn't she just say it smelled like dog?? Not at all countessy!

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Sonya’s behavior crossed over from embarrassing to disturbing. For a 25 year old that hasn’t learned to hold their liquor it would have been embarrassing, for an almost 60 year old to be behaving like that it is disturbing. I’m no prude but when she started screaming about not shaving her pussy should have been the moment someone got her out of there. She needs help. I realize this is a reality show but if someone on these shows started murdering people would they just keep filming because it’s “reality” and all. At what point does the producer (I’m looking at you Andy Cohen) intervene? 

And all I want for Christmas is Joe dumping Dorinda. How does she get off repeatedly trying to make him sound like some aimless simpleton that “only” runs a business. Compared to an entitled drunk, take a nap every day, has been socialite, that has no job other than attending parties and getting drunk in front of a reality camera he’s practically Bill Gates and it shows what an ignorant bitch Dorinda is every time she minimizes his life. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
15 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Holy moly next week! Naked Sonja, Sonja on the toilet and a vibrator in the chicken 😳

Sonja’s daughter must be so proud of her mother. Seriously tho, she has a serious drinking problem. 

I wasn’t even entertained by her. It was so embarrassing and cringe-worthy. It reminded me when I’ve been at events with someone who is acting like that. I feel horrible for them but just want to get away. It happened on our last trip to the beach. The guy cleared the room with his drunken ranting. 

That man couldn’t get away from Sonja fast enough. 

Does she watch these shows when they air? How can she watch her behavior and not be humiliated? Her poor daughter. What a train wreck. 

I noticed Sonja looked a little bloated in that dress, so I wonder if all the alcohol is catching up to her. She doesn’t look very good this season. 

I don’t know if Ramona was being passive aggressive putting Luann in that room, but even if she was it doesn’t excuse Luann’s diva-like behavior. Get over yourself, Luann. 

Dorinda’s outfit wasn’t flattering and Luann can do much better than that flowered dress. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Tinsley needs to give up those long fake eyelashes and lessen up on the make up. Other than her mug shot, have we ever seen here without such thick makeup?

And enough with the braids.  

I want to preface this by saying I really like Tinsley and enjoy her on the show.  She has genuine manners unlike some of the others.  She’s a lovely women.

However, while the constant glam squad might have fit in during her marriage to Topper, it can’t always be the norm.  I think she wears the braids when she is going away for a few days as they last a bit without assistance.  
I know she is selling her line of lashes but I would love to see her with a lighter eye makeup and lash.  She seems to have beautiful blue eyes but it’s often difficult to see because of the heavy lashes.

• Love 22

Is Dorinda getting her hair done by Sports Cuts?  She needs an Olaplex treatment and clothing that doesn't make her look like your matronly aunt.  Short hair shouldn't look like straw unless she's actually bleaching her hair at home in between the Instagram getting hair done vidoes.  What is with these awful prints she is wearing? I'm sure they are designer clothing but she should stay away from loud.  

Also, I continue to believe she's going to bed worrying and waking up worrying because the money is running out, not from all the responsibilities she supposedly has.  No way she can maintain BSM anymore.  Is her money going up her nose like Beth once rumored?  

So first episode, Dorinda's talking about Tinsley's fucking to get her designer brands and in this episode she thinks its tacky to comment on a partner's "role" in the relationship?

Sonja is just not funny, not amusing TV to watch.  I miss the Sonja who had the floozy boozy side, but could be presentable.  I don't know if she's just run out of material or if she thinks acting like your drunk sexed up Aunt = amusing TV.  I used to love her.  Now I'd be glad if she were removed from the cast.

Leah was right about ugly men with money.  And Sonja saying she doesn't "look classy"?  As if Sonja is the epitome of class.  

Again, Tinsley.  Does she sleep without her makeup?  Does she spend 3 hours getting ready for morning coffee with the ladies?  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, ichbin said:

Tonight on WWHL she admitted that she is now drinking "responsibly".  Any recovered alcoholic I have known has some very different views on that subject.

If she truly is an alcoholic, it is very unlikely she will be able to sustain “responsible drinking” for very long. 

From the AA Big Book: 

The idea that somehow, someday he will control and enjoy his drinking is the great obsession of every abnormal drinker. The persistence of this illusion is astonishing. Many pursue it into the gates of insanity or death.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I want to preface this by saying I really like Tinsley and enjoy her on the show.  She has genuine manners unlike some of the others.  She’s a lovely women.

However, while the constant glam squad might have fit in during her marriage to Topper, it can’t always be the norm.  I think she wears the braids when she is going away for a few days as they last a bit without assistance.  
I know she is selling her line of lashes but I would love to see her with a lighter eye makeup and lash.  She seems to have beautiful blue eyes but it’s often difficult to see because of the heavy lashes.

From xojane (defunct online mag):

488ed6dd3bcfb71388eec3b487f099a0.jpg

• Love 24
3 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

She has her own line of lashes? Sheesh.

She's well over the age where ostentatious falsies look good.  They actually age her.

I feel like she's so vain that her man will never see her without a face full of makeup.  Not that she has to pare down to nothing but it's so heavy she looks like a clown.  Pare down to some mascara and a little eyeliner if you can't be on camera without makeup. 

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, jalady said:

Can someone help me out?  When was Sonja arrested and for what?

Lu, I love you but that dress and those boots - especially together?  Just. No.

DUI in the Hamptons maybe 6-8 yrs ago

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, escape said:

Because it's been long rumored that Luann never really stopped drinking - and the cast knew it.  Ramona blurted it out at the last reunion.

Among these women, Ramona does have own money.  It wasn't from marriage or inheritance.  She had successful career long before HW.  Andy said her Hamptons home is one of the most expensive HW properties.

Exactly! This is why I found Tinsley's talking head on the difference between Sonja and Ramona and wealth.  

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

For what its worth, I didn't take it as a dig at Atlanta at all - I thought she was referring to Lilly Pulitzer style prints/florals which are popular on Nantucket and in Atlanta/the South

If it wasn't a diss, then I apologize, but it was the way she said it.  There was condescension in her voice, IMO.  I know that we all hear things differently, so I could be way off base in my assessment of her comments!  😉

35 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Sonja is just not funny, not amusing TV to watch.  I miss the Sonja who had the floozy boozy side, but could be presentable.

It got to a point that it was painful to watch her.  She should've been escorted out much, much sooner.  Yikes!  What a shit show she put on.   It's painful to watch Ramona flirt too.  

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, sadie said:

She looks 20 years younger without all the heavy make up. 

Those were from six years ago, so she's a tad older, but yeah she  would look a lot younger if she would ditch the heavy makeup.

• Love 8

Elyse's face and reaction when Sonja made the pussy comment said it all. I think we were all Elyse in that moment. And the two blonde women talking and pointing in the background when they were all in the kitchen! Get these broads out of here.  

Ramona needs to get away from the stringy skimpy stuff in bathing suits and dresses and wear things with more structure. She has a great figure and needs to contain it better than she is. She also needs to ditch the cold shoulder tops - they're so middle aged woman trying to be sexy (which is exactly what she's trying to do but its not a good look). 

One thing that has stood out to me with the New York women is the massive solid gold Rolexes. Tins, Dorinda and KKB have them and Paul gave one to Bethenny/Jaws (of Lyfe). There are probably others, but those are the ones I specifically recall. Wow.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Leah revealed more truth about her bumpy childhood in 3 minutes than Bethenny did in 10 seasons. LOVE HER as a replacement.  She is the un Bethenny.

And I loved her hat last week. For the record. 

Me too! I actually find her refreshing and authentic. I love her youthful take on these women and their UES (Upper East Side) lifestyles and superficial personalities.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Ramona needs to get away from the stringy skimpy stuff in bathing suits and dresses and wear things with more structure. She has a great figure and needs to contain it better than she is. She also needs to ditch the cold shoulder tops - they're so middle aged woman trying to be sexy (which is exactly what she's trying to do but its not a good look). 

At a certain point women do need to find clothing with a bit more structure, it makes you look leaner...Ramona needs a stylist and give her side boob dresses away, far away.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I had to fast forward thtough 10 15 minutes of the party. Sonja embarrassed me so badly. It's not fun to watch.

Stupid question, but, I’m wondering if she’s like that in real life or is it for the camera?  I really don’t know how these shows work.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

She has her own line of lashes? Sheesh.

She's well over the age where ostentatious falsies look good.  They actually age her.

I feel like she's so vain that her man will never see her without a face full of makeup.  Not that she has to pare down to nothing but it's so heavy she looks like a clown.  Pare down to some mascara and a little eyeliner if you can't be on camera without makeup. 

Less would be OK for her...she's a classic beauty. And Sonja needs to apologize to her for her calling her a trophy wife. Her ex husband  was her high school sweetheart and they were together in a LOVE relationship. Sonja is so jealous of Tinsley it's disgusting how she she constantly tries to take her down by calling her out in a the most cruel and nasty ways..."Trophy wife", insinuating that she is prostituting herself to Scott for dresses, bags and shoes, ridiculing her for not "showing her appreciation" for letting her stay at her townhouse and then criticizing Tinsley for the generous gifts and party she threw for Sonja to show her appreciation! Tinsley can do nothing right...Sonja is a bitter old bitch/drunk who actually does whore herself out.

Edited by kicksave
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

At a certain point women do need to find clothing with a bit more structure, it makes you look leaner...Ramona needs a stylist and give her side boob dresses away, far away.

I don't think Ramona needed the latest boob job (about 2 years ago?).  I thought she had plenty in that department without pumping up the cc's of saline or silicone.  

• Love 24

Being in the South, I didn't appreciate her diss to the people in Atlanta.  She probably thinks we all run around in overalls with a piece of straw in our mouth! 

Charlene (the great Jean Smart) told a great story on Designing Women. She traveled to NYC and relayed how snooty the women were to her. Eager to make friends, she asked them "Where are y'all from?" One woman replied disdainfully: "We're from a place where we don't end our sentences with prepositions." Charlene blinked, thought about it, then asked: "Where are y'all from bitch?"

said she was born and raised in Chelsea, New York, aka a very hip part of downtown Manhattan, when it turns out she spent at least part of her childhood in Connecticut,

I think I heard her say that she was born in Chelsea and the family moved to CT when she was 12.

Renovations can be a nightmare. Dorinda may have a high insurance deductible, and some insurance companies are very difficult to deal with. If you're not in a flood plain you can't get flood insurance. And you have to renovate exactly the way the property was before the damage. If the insurer insists on providing the contractor, they take advantage. Sometimes it's a can of worms - the renovations reveal other problems not covered by insurance. Where I live contractors charge much more than what insurers pay for damage renovations. So Dorinda may be having to pay for a sizable chunk of the cost.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
56 minutes ago, sadie said:

She looks 20 years younger without all the heavy make up. 

Yeah, and such a sporty girl-next-door look!

imo Tinsley’s authentic personality - whatever it is - was crushed by the social positions and expectations of her parents. Not too late to figure out who she is.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Should Ramona move to Queens

On behalf of the borough: No!

She probably thinks we all run around in overalls with a piece of straw in our mouth!

Remember Heather's (non-air-conditioned) vacation home in the Berkshires? Ramona tried to act as if she was in "Naked and Afraid" complete with a flashback in the woods that reminded her of her childhood traumas. The monologue took place after Ramona called a friend with a helicopter to rescue her and deliver her to the Hamptons.

Dorinda's talking about Tinsley's fucking to get her designer brands and in this episode she thinks its tacky to comment on a partner's "role" in the relationship?

I know, right? I just can't with this gang. Leah's usually covered-up tattoo gets them all pearl-clutching,  but Sonja's screeching about her pussy barely gets a response?

• LOL 8
  • Love 15
15 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Stupid question, but, I’m wondering if she’s like that in real life or is it for the camera?  I really don’t know how these shows work.

As a recovering alcoholic, I can say those rants seemed pretty authentic, so I'm guessing she's like that in RL as well.

The preview for next week looks insane! Leah accidently having vodka and saying fuck it, Tinsley saying she thinks Leah is safe there with her, cut to a scene with Leah running around naked, throwing a lit tiki torch, a broken glass and garbage strewn backyard, and a dildo in the kitchen. I think Leah is going to make everyone else look like sn amature drunk.

I don't think I'll be able to watch it in real time, I think I'll need to fast forward and read through what happened here. It's too sad.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Give me the simple life.  Those people full of Botox and super white choppers actually sicken me.  Also, there wasn’t one pretty woman in the bunch.  They looked like they came from outer space.  Actually, little Tinsley is or was a socialite, but doesn’t flaunt it.

I so agree! Everyone looked so fake and all the hullabaloo over that home...Ramona was so impressed by the dollar value of it and almost swooning over it...to me it looked vacant and lacked any warmth whatsoever. It had all the charm of a Chuckie Cheese with a basement full of games, skateboard stuff, bowling alley, etc. etc...and the guests looked like Hamptons D bags...especially that younger guy at the table with the polo shirt on who was goofing on Sonja.

15 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I don't think Ramona needed the latest boob job (about 2 years ago?).  I thought she had plenty in that department without pumping up the cc's of saline or silicone.  

Her boobs look fake and are too big for her body and height. That flimsy dress she wore looked like a negligee.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I had to fast forward thtough 10 15 minutes of the party. Sonja embarrassed me so badly. It's not fun to watch.

It's sad and concerning to see a woman of her age drinking to the point of totally being out of control and embarrassing. Sadly, she will probably deny that she has an alcohol problem until she does something that hurts her physically or legally.

• Love 5

Lunch lady boobs! They look terrible. They make your body look like an apple regardless of whether you actually are an apple. 

Luann's aren't much better.  She's so thin now and hers are like half of a softball on either side of her chest. Clearly not under the muscle. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Charlene (the great Jean Smart) told a great story on Designing Women. She traveled to NYC and relayed how snooty the women were to her. Eager to make friends, she asked them "Where are y'all from?" One woman replied disdainfully: "We're from a place where we don't end our sentences with prepositions." Charlene blinked, thought about it, then asked: "Where are y'all from bitch?"

I think I heard her say that she was born in Chelsea and the family moved to CT when she was 12.

Renovations can be a nightmare. Dorinda may have a high insurance deductible, and some insurance companies are very difficult to deal with. If you're not in a flood plain you can't get flood insurance. And you have to renovate exactly the way the property was before the damage. If the insurer insists on providing the contractor, they take advantage. Sometimes it's a can of worms - the renovations reveal other problems not covered by insurance. Where I live contractors charge much more than what insurers pay for damage renovations. So Dorinda may be having to pay for a sizable chunk of the cost.

She lives in two places.  Most people can only afford one.  I don’t know if she rents or owns the apt in the city.  Owns or rents.  It’s very expensive.  She’ll have to cut down somewhere.  She could also live with John, but I doubt that.

• Love 4