Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: Don't Mansion It

• Start Topic

Maybe it’s more than a drinking problem? I think Sonja needs to be checked for a raging UTI. Or dementia. Or both.  She is raving on like a lunatic, saying inappropriate things at inappropriate times just like my Nana with Alzheimer’s when she was in the nursing home.  Any time Nana started talking loopy or strung fragments of sentences together that made no sense to anyone but her, sure enough...UTI.

• Useful 9
  • Love 11
53 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Soooo, Dorinda is a rageaholic because of “homes”?

Dorinda’s list of sorrows isn’t any different than the others.  If she had a wealthy intelligent man, she wouldn’t have been crying the blues.  Count your blessings.  People have it worse.  The house is just an excuse for being mean.  It gets her off the hook.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Ramona is a t.v. Housewife.  What makes her think she can party with the rich and famous?  She made a fool of herself flirting with the owner of the house, whoever he was.  Sonja .. I can’t even.  Ten years married to a Morgan thinks she’s just as good as those people.  She made a damn fool of herself.  

• Love 13
57 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

It seems like every time they show Dorinda she’s either slurring, talking with a mouthful of food, raging or crying. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Get her off the talking heads.  She’s always preaching about something or someone.  Seeing her drunk is enough.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Sonja probably gave stuffy parties like this....on her yacht, in her home in Gstaad, her house in France, etc.  

And, she can scream to the rafters all she wants, but that lady Elyse was on the money - Sonja was an accessory, arm candy, trophy wife, etc.  The truth hurts, and that's why Sonja was so upset - deep down, she knows that is the truth.

Tinsley was also 1000% correct in her talking head.  

what did she say in her TH, I don't remember, otherwise i agree with your assessment

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Why would Ramona think that inviting Luann to a winery would be a good idea?

Because it's been long rumored that Luann never really stopped drinking - and the cast knew it.  Ramona blurted it out at the last reunion.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Sonja is so jealous of Ramona.  Some friend.

1 hour ago, bosawks said:

Lu going to the chiropractor to deal with jealousy over Ramona’s Hamptons house is way more believable than the spider infestation necessitating a trip to the chiropractor version she’s selling.

Among these women, Ramona does have own money.  It wasn't from marriage or inheritance.  She had successful career long before HW.  Andy said her Hamptons home is one of the most expensive HW properties.

• Love 20
39 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Sonja probably gave stuffy parties like this....on her yacht, in her home in Gstaad, her house in France, etc.  

And, she can scream to the rafters all she wants, but that lady Elyse was on the money - Sonja was an accessory, arm candy, trophy wife, etc.  The truth hurts, and that's why Sonja was so upset - deep down, she knows that is the truth.

Tinsley was also 1000% correct in her talking head.  

Give me the simple life.  Those people full of Botox and super white choppers actually sicken me.  Also, there wasn’t one pretty woman in the bunch.  They looked like they came from outer space.  Actually, little Tinsley is or was a socialite, but doesn’t flaunt it.

• Love 21
20 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Basically, Tinsley said that she and Topper were in school together (high school sweethearts-?), so no, she wasn't a trophy wife.

She went on to say that Sonja was a hostess at a restaurant and her ex-husband was "like 100 years old", so yes, Sonja was a trophy wife.  

TY!  Now I remember....she's right

• Love 10
4 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Luann’s flowered housedress was awful.  Just totally missed the mark in a way I haven’t seen on anyone on this show in a long time.

Even worse in the full length shots that showed the mullet hemline and white booties that did not go with that dress dated garden party dress at all.

4 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Luann will never “get” sobriety.  It’s time to end the charade.

Tonight on WWHL she admitted that she is now drinking "responsibly".  Any recovered alcoholic I have known has some very different views on that subject.

4 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Sonja’s daughter must be so proud of her mother.

Wonder how Leah's daughter is going to feel about her mom's antics after the next episode.  Sonja is 56 and Leah is 37.  I don't think of it as ageism to say that they are both too old to be drinking to the point of skinny dipping for the camera crew and trashing a party.  

4 hours ago, bosawks said:

I always wondered who left those really shitty, hyperbolic Yelp reviews.

Apparently it’s Lu.

LOL!  You can take away her title but you can't take away her delusions of entitlement.  Dorinda and Sonja are very similar to her. All three came from typical small town middle class families and think that marrying money and/or titles erased their roots. 

• Love 23

Sonja had some of the best lines of the episode: “I just need to see your driver’s license, and we’re good to go...Men love my pussy, I have an amazing pussy...You’re getting in between me and my pussy!...Not everything is about you! But this is about you.”

Drunk Sonja made that party entertaining to watch. Otherwise, it was just cringey Ramona putting on airs.

UGH, Ramona knows shit about fashion, judging by the way she dresses, so fuck her for the ATL shade. She can take her snobbery and shove it up her desperate ass (if she can reach it).

Needless to say, I’m looking forward to the women getting drunk and trashing her home next episode.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Had The Jaw of Life remained on the cast, she would have brought it down by hustling Sonja out of there and screaming at her to “go to sleep!”  Who knew they could survive (and thrive) without The Mouth?  

THE JAW OF LIFE? 😍 kadooz!!

8 hours ago, ancslove said:

Oh Ramona, what would Alex and Simon say, if they could see how you social-climb now?

I would do some sketchy stuff to see those 2 back in a cameo. I miss them. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • LOL 4
  • Love 18
4 hours ago, ichbin said:

Can somebody explain to me what that pinata chair thing was that the guy was hoisting Ramona on?

That was weird, maybe some kind of sex swing thing?  Leah did say the place had an ‘eyes wide shut’ vibe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I've dished out some awards...

Star of the episode: Even before Sonja got bat shit drunk she was coming out with some amazing one liners "I lost my shit, sorta like Dorinda does every fifteen minutes," "and then you die and you catch some dick on the way, I mean the dick's good," "Oh, it's for sale? No wonder we're invited," "I just need to see your driver's licence and we're good to go!" Yes, Sonja keep 'em coming, but don't try and steal other people's iconic moments like the "clip clip clip." Other than that she played a blinder. In every housewives episode you want someone come out with some great one liners, get bat crazy drunk, cut through all the bullcrap and tell it like it is, and Sonja managed to do ALL of these things. She totally had it right when she was talking about Ramona and her fancy friends. That mansion might have been amazing but that party was boring.

Bitch of the episode: Luanne. Dear god, what is it with her and rooms? I still stand by what I said about her last episode, the allocation of the rooms is to her what a dressing room is to an actress. She's an original cast member who thinks she entitled to a star dressing room and balks when she doesn't get one. The 'lower level' is bigger than my entire flat. If people stay at mine they have to sleep on the sofa. It just makes you wish she had gone to prison and we'd be able to see her reaction to being put in a piss stained dorm.

Idiot of the episode: Ramona. Find something better to do in your life than social climb and flirting with boring rich men, then you won't be breaking down in tears feeling like you did when you were sixteen. This is why Sonja won the episode for me, she was spot on about Ramona hanging out with a rent-a-crowd. When your young and dumb it's fun to be popular then you get a bit older you realize it doesn't matter because none of those people are your real friends and couldn't give a damn about you. Most people have come to this conclusion by their mid twenties. At this rate it'll Ramona's decaying skeleton that will have that epiphany.  

Truth teller: Dorinda talking about how tacky it is to tour around your own mansion. If I had a mansion like that you bet I would be giving everyone a tour, but I'm not a multi millionaire. When people have that kind of wealth it's kind of icky when they flaunt it. The whole party was tacky because some big sales pitch to sell the house.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
10 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Leah revealed more truth about her bumpy childhood in 3 minutes than Bethenny did in 10 seasons. LOVE HER as a replacement.  She is the un Bethenny.

And I loved her hat last week. For the record. 

I think Leah is a good addition to the show.

• Love 24

Among these women, Ramona does have own money.  It wasn't from marriage or inheritance. 

I thought Ramona's business kind of sprung off of Mario's family business. And we don't know if he supported the business financially at some point.

Luann used to wear such beautiful understated clothes. I wonder if she can't afford designer labels any more, doesn't want to get caught wearing anything twice, and so she goes with a literal "this old thing."

Sonja's sloppy drunken escapades - not fun to watch. And in her talking heads with the short hair she resembles Barbra Streisand.

Despite her claims otherwise ("Oh, look, there's another one of my girlfriends!) I suspect Ramona has zero girlfriends. Or any friends.

How to catch a man: 1) Buy clown boobs 2) Expose them at every conceivable opportunity. It's a Bravo housewife specialty. (See RHOA, RHOBH, RHOC...) They are waiting patiently for the day when the FCC drops the prohibition against naked breasts on TV.

Ramona: "Let's be more open and vulnerable. I'll start." Launches into a soliloquy after carefully rehearsing it in front of a mirror earlier.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, ichbin said:

Can somebody explain to me what that pinata chair thing was that the guy was hoisting Ramona on?

A swing you hang on a tree?  Outside?  Maybe for kids when they come over.  Or, a sex prop, lol.

11 hours ago, Steph J said:

I'm not entirely sure this is true.  I think that Sonja is embarrassed by the way that Ramona behaves when she's around people from a higher wealth/social bracket because Ramona tends to overcompensate in her efforts to make herself feel like she belongs there.

Sonja didn't appreciate Ramona fawning over her new wealthy friends, and treating her long time friends like "chicken liver".

We are truly in strange times when Ramona is correcting someone else's misstatement. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 7

Tinsley's talking head look was terrible, bad hair do/don't and that blouse, ugh, my least favorite neckline, that gathered mock turtle neck, it looked cheap.

I am pretty sure Ramona's friend with the house only agreed to host a party was to get his house, (it is on the market), more exposure although I am also sure none of us will be purchasing a 39 million dollar house with a DJ booth, bowling alley, hotel lobby livingroom....Back to Ramona, her yellow dress did her no favors, it was an unflattering Big Bird costume.  That waistline does not work for her, it made her look like she was wider than she is is. 

Sonja needs to give up the body con dress as well, she has quite the barrel shape going on in that stretchy fabric and she needs a keeper.

LuAnn bought that floral dress on Amazon, there are pages of them, not the worst offender in the group, 

Leah has not dressed to impress so far, not a fan of her fashion style.

Ramona pointed out a house on the way to the party and says she knows the owner, it is owned by Bob Campbell, it is on the market for 40 million and I would happily live in the tack room, it is a spectacular property and I doubt he knows who Ramona is.  

Ramona is always telling us that has a lot of dates, it seems like there are a lot of first dates but I wonder if she ever gets a second date?  After a while she will get thru all the single men, I am sure in that community she is a known entity, what do we think the draw is with her?  I would think most of the men in the Hamptons and UES would be running for cover by now.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Ramona is always telling us that has a lot of dates, it seems like there are a lot of first dates but I wonder if she ever gets a second date?

A late night booty call were you slip in and out is NOT A DATE... she is fucking randoms ... she isnt "dating"

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Tinsley's talking head look was terrible, bad hair do/don't and that blouse, ugh, my least favorite neckline, that gathered mock turtle neck, it looked cheap.

I am pretty sure Ramona's friend with the house only agreed to host a party was to get his house, (it is on the market), more exposure although I am also sure none of us will be purchasing a 39 million dollar house with a DJ booth, bowling alley, hotel lobby livingroom....Back to Ramona, her yellow dress did her no favors, it was an unflattering Big Bird costume.  That waistline does not work for her, it made her look like she was wider than she is is. 

Sonja needs to give up the body con dress as well, she has quite the barrel shape going on in that stretchy fabric and she needs a keeper.

LuAnn bought that floral dress on Amazon, there are pages of them, not the worst offender in the group, 

Leah has not dressed to impress so far, not a fan of her fashion style.

Ramona pointed out a house on the way to the party and says she knows the owner, it is owned by Bob Campbell, it is on the market for 40 million and I would happily live in the tack room, it is a spectacular property and I doubt he knows who Ramona is.  

Ramona is always telling us that has a lot of dates, it seems like there are a lot of first dates but I wonder if she ever gets a second date?  After a while she will get thru all the single men, I am sure in that community she is a known entity, what do we think the draw is with her?  I would think most of the men in the Hamptons and UES would be running for cover by now.

Oh yes.  What amazes me is that all of these women live in the City where there are thousands of men floating around.  Not one of them can meet a decent guy?  Nobody wants a drunken floozy, and their clocks are ticking.  They are petrified of winding up alone.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

All of the ladies look unflattering in their talking heads this season, I don't know whether its a new make up department or whatever. Sonja looks pretty decent in the actual filming of the show but in her talking heads she looks so much older, same goes for Luanne. Usually its the talking heads where they look better to the point that they don't even look real.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I disagree with Leah’s assessment that it’s normal to expect Luann to lie about going to a winery because Luann is “struggling with sobriety.”  People who are “struggling with sobriety” are supposed to tell the truth.  What would have been wrong with Luann texting that a winery wasn’t her scene?  Luann will never “get” sobriety.  It’s time to end the charade.  Her relationship with the truth is rather tarnished as well. 

Tinsley finally opens up, and Leah interrupts a million times to tell Tinsley’s story?  Ugh, Leah keeps reminding me of the obnoxious parts of Heather Thomson’s personality, with some Bethenny sprinkled in.  

Notice how Tinsley, Leah, and Dorinda had to give real info with tangible details in order to be considered “opened up”, and Ramona, who started the “game,” got to skate with some esoteric bullshit about her dead mother and music playing?  That’s some 12 seasons of reality TV right there.

Sonja is just a babbling mess, always has been.  Only now her feelings appear more bloated.  

Sonja's body also appears more bloated.  She looks rough.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Fun fact: Ramona’s house is valued at twice as much as Luann’s and is up for rent for $153,000.00 a month.

It should be, it's 3x the size!  Luann has a small 2 bedroom in Sag Harbor that she shares with the kids.  What do I love about it is that it's on the water.  I'll take small & waterfront over big and land locked any day.  She also has that home upstate on the Hudson River.  Must be a water lover like me. 

This episode was everything.  Tinsley's realizing the everyone in the car had mug shots.  The editors including a shot of all their pics.  Ramona looking like Big Bird in her yellow dress trying to put on airs with all her Hamptons friends. Leah wearing a two piece outfit from Forever 21 chomping on her gum. Sonja drunk as hell screaming that she doesn't "shave her pussy".  Luann dragging Sonja away from that poor man, telling her that he has a wife & kids. I seriously can't wait for next week :)

• LOL 2
  • Love 21

Sonja is getting on Ramona’s case for bragging about someone who has a yacht and fancy friends?  The irony is rich!  Anyone remember P.Diddy saying “baby girl is confused” when Andy asked him whether he’d partied with Sonja in St. Tropez?  At least Ramona has some scintilla of evidence that she knows these people.  

So true.  Sonja is the last one to criticize Ramona for name-dropping.  I can't recall all of the people that Sonja claimed to know and/or partied with, but one of them was John Kennedy, Jr. (or 'John-John') to her.  From what I read, anybody who knew him was aware that he hated that nickname, so when she said she partied with John-John, I knew she was full of shit.  I take everything she says with a grain of salt.

LuAnn went from having one spider drop down from the ceiling to a room full of spiders.  I think's she's full of it too.  It doesn't matter how nice of a place you're in, there's always a chance of a spider being present!  I really don't think the downstairs was infested with them.  Since they all know that LuAnn expects the finest room in the house, maybe Ramona should've let her have her bedroom and Ramona could've slept downstairs.  It would be worth it so they wouldn't have to hear LuAnn bitch about her accommodations the entire weekend!

I didn't know that wine grew on trees! Don't ever change, Ramona!  I think she had a brain fart when trying to come up with the word 'vineyard'.  Surely she knows how grapes are grown!  I find that the older I get sometimes the simplest words leave my brain and I stand there feeling like an idiot because the word just won't come out!  😉

Edited by ChitChat
typo
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, link417 said:

Drunk Sonja made that party entertaining to watch. Otherwise, it was just cringey Ramona putting on airs.

That’s definitely true, that Sonja was entertaining, but what bothered me is that Sonja went to the party under a failed premise.  If she had been raring to go and just showed up and arrived and acted like that, I would have had to give her some sort of strange acknowledgement for being real and nuts.  But Sonja said she didn’t want to go to the “fancy shmancy party” with the “boring small talk” and apparently it wasn’t a real house if it didn’t have gin (but a townhouse with brown ice cubes should command $32k a month of rent in Sonja world).  So she didn’t want to go, she walked in with a bitchy, jealous attitude, and then her drunkenness felt like it was for social compensation and competition, not a spirit of joie de vivre, and it was foul.  

Last season, Dorinda stayed back at Ramona’s house when Ramona and the others went to Barbara’s clam bake, so if Sonja wanted to stay home, there would have been no problem, and she should’ve—since this is so ridiculous to her, and not worth her time and all.

But what did Ramona do to Sonja for Sonja to not let her sit with her at the party and tell Ramona at full volume to “sit with your friends with the diamond bracelets” and to say “I’m not impressed with your rich friends” and “I have more money in the bank than anyone”?  Has she heard of overkill?   

What did Elyse do to Sonja?  By the time Elyse said an unkind word to Sonja, Sonja was already holding her hand, invading her personal space and telling her how it was embarrassing how many clothes Sonja’s ex used to make her buy.  Is it really an inappropriate response at that point to say, “you were his accessory”?  Could Sonja be threatened because Elyse has gorgeous skin and is beautiful, not unlike Jules Wainstein?  And I swear I don’t get these women and their ever-rotating definitions of how it is ok to treat someone—Dorinda can say Elyse is “a girl about town,” (which sounds a bit like ‘prostitute’ to me), but God forbid someone throws around the phrase “trophy wife,” which I just took as an offshoot of “hot wife,” and if that is the definition, Tinsley was a trophy wife.  Now that I know that Tinsley doesn’t know how to use “touché” properly, I’m probably not going to look to her for definitions anytime soon.  

I just think if these women were going to turn this party into a defensive mechanism and use it to put people down and say how much better they are, then they weren’t enjoying the experience and they shouldn't have partook.  No bowling if the house doesn’t work for your ego.

Rather than bowling in heels, which is not “taking it easy” on her neck, contrary to the “chiropractor’s” instructions, why didn’t Luann round up all the “girls” who weren’t happy and bring them back home to sing cabaret?  I mean, that party was so beneath them that I would have thought it would have been an embarrassment to stay, no?  Where is Bethenny to throw a S’mores and Whores party when you need her?  

I thought it was funny that the young guy in the maroon sweater who wasn’t into Sonja at all seemed very impressed by Luann.

I thought Dorinda putting down not just the house, but the house tour, as too American (because in London they only show you the kitchen and the loo) was the more sober desperate and insecure cousin to Sonja’s drunkenness.   

Leah’s take on the party was interesting.  It’s “full of weird white people.”  She also said at one point that “men don’t have pressure.”  Glad she’s keeping an open mind.  And WTF was she saying that men can be short and unattractive and have women come after them if they have money as if that were some brand new observation?  Guess what Leah, the reverse is true too—a woman can have not a penny to her name, but be a gorgeous face she can get anywhere in life, so it all evens out in the end.  

It’s like everyone had to compartmentalize as to why this party was too low brow for them in order to hang onto their sanity that they were in an amazing house, and Ramona brought them there.  Ramona, bring me next time.  I won’t complain about that shit for a second.

For people who didn’t want to come, and were snarking in the car on the way over, and weren’t having much fun, it was pretty hard for Ramona to wrangle Luann and Tinsley out of that terrible party.

1 hour ago, coops said:

Idiot of the episode: Ramona. Find something better to do in your life than social climb and flirting with boring rich men, then you won't be breaking down in tears feeling like you did when you were sixteen. This is why Sonja won the episode for me, she was spot on about Ramona hanging out with a rent-a-crowd. When your young and dumb it's fun to be popular then you get a bit older you realize it doesn't matter because none of those people are your real friends and couldn't give a damn about you.

I just feel like Ramona can’t win in this situation.  I don’t think she’s looking to build strong, lasting relationships with these people the way she’s not looking to build strong, lasting relationships with her co-stars.  If she introduces her co-stars to the new people she’s met, she is called out for social climbing.  If she tries to creat discreet and separate worlds between her social friends and her co-stars, which she did (poorly) last year...she’s social climbing.  Ramona is well into her sixties and has a good eight years on the next youngest woman, and that can be scary.  What is the harm in shaking things up a little and having fun, new experiences?  She is looking to do things differently.  She said these people elevate her.  That’s great.  I don’t think she’s taking it all that seriously; she’s just playing the cards she’s been dealt of having no close family and a personality that is quirky to the point that it is off putting to many.

I just don’t see what Tinsley sees is so wrong with Ramona elevating herself.   What is Tinsley’s prescription for the way Ramona is supposed to go live her life now that it’s sort of beginning to resemble Sonja’s old life as Tinsley experienced it?  Should Ramona move to Queens, get a perm, smoke discount cigarettes and hang out at the bodega in an effort to differentiate herself from Sonja Morgan circa 2000 or something? If Sonja was rich and hobnobbing 20+ years ago, should the rest of them just throw in the towel?  Because that was the logic that Tinsley was using.  

I think a lot of this is Tinsley having reservations about Ramona just going for it.  Maybe she is beginning to feel a little bit regretful that she dismissed Joe Farrell and his 31,000 square foot home because—God forbid—he took her to a basketball game.  I would bet a lot of money those seats were either court side or in a sky box.  She complains he didn’t feed her. I strongly suspect that what happened was that Joe was fully prepared to take Tinsley out to dinner, but she found out he doesn’t drink and bailed, because she likes to go on dates and get really drunk and make out with the guy, as one who is not capable of real intimacy may do.

Tinsley gets so wrapped up in these guys that she loses herself—Fanjul, Scott, now Bruce.  Maybe she should focus more on being sober, having conversations, and ascertaining whether they’ll respect her more than the superficial bullshit of who is hot enough to make out with on date one if she’s looking for a real partner.  

Oh my God, this doesn’t have to do with anything, but there was a point that Dorinda said “it is no one’s business to pass judgment on who and what role we played in our husband or partner’s lives.” (!!). So, in other words, Tinsley just needs to tell Dorinda every single thing about her life, where she got her shoes, how she is paying her hotel bill, and she is supposed to rest assured that Dorinda is just going to sit there like Pope Pious III and not gossip or ‘judge’ it?  I think there’s a better chance that Sonja will rediscover her dignity than that happening. 

This episode was so good, partially because it brutally exposed just how ragingly insecure most of them are.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Oh my God, this doesn’t have to do with anything, but there was a point that Dorinda said “it is no one’s business to pass judgment on who and what role we played in our husband or partner’s lives.” (!!). So, in other words, Tinsley just needs to tell Dorinda every single thing about her life, where she got her shoes, how she is paying her hotel bill, and she is supposed to rest assured that Dorinda is just going to sit there like Pope Pious III and not gossip or ‘judge’ it?

I was like how is Dorinda not choking on the hypocritical bullshit coming out of her mouth .... she was demanding not two episodes ago to know EVERYTHING about Tins and scott and what he was paying for...... and calling her a prostitute 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Leah’s take on the party was interesting.  It’s “full of weird white people.”

Was she trying to prove she has street cred? 

Did anyone notice that Lu did not utter the word "cabaret," once this episode! 

Also, the women were scratching up the bowling alley with their heels.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did anyone notice that Lu did not utter the word "cabaret," once this episode! 

She barely has so far this season! She's watched the last season by now and knows they played that drinking game where they had to drink every time she mentioned cabaret! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4