Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: One Halloween at a Time

I loved the cameos, especially Marla Gibbs being in apt. 227.

And Alex's girlfriend's parents dressed as the Tethered.

This episode was killing it with the witty lines, too:

"He's like a pumpkin, he'll get thrown out in November." 

"Shouldn't we say 'person-made' climate change?"
"I'm gonna go with men taking the credit for this one."

"The prize is an iPad.  I've never won anything!"
"You're a rich, white, cisgender white dude - you won at life."

"[Is it gross that I'm lusting after you dressed as a high school character]?"
"Nah, every teen in [Grease] was pushing 40."

"How many times do you want me to come out?" when Penelope asks Elena if the pregnancy test is hers.

Penelope's "Don't do that" when Max tries to speak Spanish.

And, even though I'd seen the clips, I still laughed at Alex realizing he's made a huge mistake with his silver hair, and at Lydia's "You are a cow, and you have stepped in the cow caca" guess.

But if Penelope and Max are back together, I'd like a scene addressing the resolution of the reason they broke up in the first place; the lack of a knee brace was not their problem.  We should see that he's decided he's fine not having biological kids in order to pursue a life with her; otherwise, the same impasse exists and they're right back where they left off (and, as I said, so help me if she decides, oh, sure, let me go ahead and have another child to keep this man because women are never actually done having babies).

Edited by Bastet
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

The Beauty and the Beast costume made me go "Awwww! out loud. This is one of those shows that just makes you feel good to watch.

Any time I see Marla Gibbs, I get excited.

17 hours ago, Bastet said:

But if Penelope and Max are back together, I'd like a scene addressing the resolution of the reason they broke up in the first place; the lack of a knee brace was not their problem.  We should see that he's decided he's fine not having biological kids in order to pursue a life with her; otherwise, the same impasse exists and they're right back where they left off (and, as I said, so help me if she decides, oh, sure, let me go ahead and have another child to keep this man because women are never actually done having babies).

Especially since she said what she said about a part of her life ending when Alex stopped trick or treating. 

17 hours ago, Bastet said:

Penelope's "Don't do that" when Max tries to speak Spanish.

The way Max spoke too loudly when he was talking was hilarious.

• Love 2
(edited)

I can't feel too happy about Avery's pregnancy. We don't know her at all to care, really.  Schneider and Avery being married in real life isn't enough. 

I wonder if we'll get to see Penelope at work at all?

Edited by ShortyMac
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

I can't feel too happy about Avery's pregnancy. We don't know her at all to care, really. Schneider and Avery being married in real life isn't enough. 

This is why I hate it when TV shows stunt-cast real-life significant others of cast members. The entertainment value of that casting usually presumes a certain amount of interest in the actor and the story doesn't work well unless that interest exists. It feels like the writers were substituting outside information for good writing.

Edited by BabyVegas
  • Love 1

Geez, every week it seems like Alex is getting taller and taller. He is really growing into his gorgeous looks.

And Alex's girlfriend's parents dressed as the Tethered.

Oh, I didn't even pick up on that! I thought all the costumes were impressive.

Alex's parents Tethered costumes were awesome, as were Dr. D and Lydia's Beauty and the Beast costumes, even if Lydia hasn't seen the movie! 

So, have Max and Penelope dealt with the whole kids vs no kids thing? Was that talked about off-screen? Thats why they broke up in the first place right, so wont that still be an issue, even if they missed each other?