Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E18: Pilot Lights and Sister Fights

Pallas
  • Start Topic

50 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

They do it successfully for DJ's wife. She's in the military this completely makes sense. I can't remember what David ended up as his career in the original version, but I do vaguely remember he liked art and illustrating comic books. He could be out peddling his books to get them into stores and attending comic conventions to get his books into the hands of the people.  They stay struggling because he's not been picked up by a major distributor. Darlene is supporting his art. He comes home to visit periodically. The kids love him. He draws Mark into one of his books. This is all possible. 

Should we be getting a change.org petition going? "No babies for Darlene!" 😄

I wish you were a writer for the show!   Yes he was and is still in artist-   His current job is at Trader Joe’s as a chalkboard artist.   

I would totally sign that petition lol 

• Love 5

I don’t care for Dan and Louise. She said she was willing to wait, then decided it was long enough. While I can understand that, her blaming Dan for “stringing her along” was terrible. I like that Dan doesn’t know how to date, but the drunk bar scene was uncomfortable to watch. I felt bad for the other guy who was put in an uncomfortable and rather creepy situation.

On 4/15/2020 at 7:52 PM, chitowngirl said:

I honestly thought we’d be seeing more of David since Johnny isn’t tied down to TBBT.

Given what they did with his character both when he wasn’t and then was available, I wouldn’t blame him if he wants to stay away. 

• Love 4
On 4/15/2020 at 5:57 PM, tessaray said:

The show really screwed up by showing me how cute a couple Ben and Becky could be. But then, I've never seen any chemistry between Darlene and anyone except David. (Not saying they should ever get back together though.) 

I don't believe Darlene really, really wants a baby.  It feels like she's avoiding age related issues and her perfectly valid suspicion that Ben wanting a baby could be a relationship killer.  

I wonder if they’re chemistry testing Ben and Becky just in case they can get Johnny Galecki back on a full time basis to put him back together with Darlene. Ben and Becky seem like they have better chemistry and would be a better fit. I was surprised that he was able to fix the water heater. I didn’t take him as a blue collar type of guy like Dan or original Mark. 

As for the baby thing, both Becky and Darlene have had premature babies. Considering both of their histories (and I’m not sure about Mark’s birth) wouldn’t there be any concern that a new baby could have the same fate?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

I wonder if they’re chemistry testing Ben and Becky just in case they can get Johnny Galecki back on a full time basis to put him back together with Darlene

That would be cool, but I doubt if he needs the money.  If the show was better, I could see him being interested as an artistic pursuit.  Maybe it would be a good reason for him to lose some weight. 

• Love 3

I loved this episode!! I'm so happy that Dan & Louise are an official couple and that kiss was so adorable! I can't wait to see what happens next with them.

As for Louise saying Dan stringed her along she wasn't wrong totally, she was just calling it like she saw it in my opinion he kinda of did because 1). he asked her to start dating in 2x03 the NICU scene and 2). they had the one short date in that later episode so to me that is stringing someone along, but in the end I'm glad they both got their acts together and now are together that's what's important because I love them as a couple and wanted them together, so it's been worth it for me. 

Edited by ESS
  • Love 3
On 4/17/2020 at 12:38 PM, bad things are bad said:

Loved Rev Tim-Tom.

I always liked him too.  It would have been funny if he would have sang Dan a song.  Maybe about letting go of old loves and accepting new ones.

• Love 2

t is an insult to the viewers that the writers cannot come up with anything more original. 

^^ THIS.^^   

The entire storyline reminds me of all the Real Housewives shows and how desperate they are for something to do.  In THREE of the shows, women with children all act like they want babies and go through fertility testing and in one case, one--a mother of FOUR--brought home a toy doll that is supposed to cry through the night.  It's all a pat and predictable storyline. 

• Love 3