Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Presents: Listen To Your Heart - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

I found Bri and Chris on Twitter and they linked to their songs on Spotify, but I haven’t listened to them yet. 

I saw in interview with them and they said they spent the weekend before quarantine together, but she’s been in Utah since and he’s been in LA, but they talk a couple times a day. 

Edited by lulee
  • Love 1
(edited)

I watched Songland after this show, and those songwriters who performed on that show kicked the rear ends of every Listen To Your Heart contestant. Talk about night and day difference. This show was hurt by Rudi and Matt leaving before the performances. I was MEH about every final performance here.

Nice to know Kaitlyn is still as gross as she was on her season.

I want to know when Taye Diggs buys his ticket to the Bri/Chris show.

It was nice that Bri discovered hair conditioner and a brush after the show ended.

Edited by saber5055
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

There's no doubt in my mind that Rudi and Matt would have won this if they'd stayed, but I'm happy it went to Bri and Chris.  After the way the show seemed to pimp Jamie in all the promos, I was really worried through most of the finale that she and Trevor would win.  Jamie is cute, but I always felt that she had one of the weakest voices of all the contestants.

There's no doubt in my mind that Rudi and Matt would have won this if they'd stayed, but I'm happy it went to Bri and Chris.  After the way the show seemed to pimp Jamie in all the promos, I was really worried through most of the finale that she and Trevor would win.  Jamie is cute, but I always felt that she had one of the weakest voices of all the contestants.

• Love 3
(edited)

Anyhow, now when Bachelor/Bachelorette get back to filming, this franchise has a stable of singers they can call on to give those special performances on dates where the couple are the only people there at a dinner table but not eating.

Anyhow I enjoyed this show. It was cheesy but not sleazy. Natascha could have easily been a Corrinne-type person but she wasn't. Most were just ordinary nice people who love to sing.

I'm interested to see what Ryan and Natascha come up with since he has such musical ability overall-transposing, probably arranging, different instruments- while she was probably the best female vocalist except maybe for Rudi.

Edited by Lamb18
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Anyhow I enjoyed this show. It was cheesy but not sleazy. Natascha could have easily been a Corrinne-type person but she wasn't. Most were just ordinary nice people who love to sing.

Cheesy but not sleazy - agreed!!  It had just the right amount of cringe-worthiness without crossing over into vomit-inducing. 

• Love 2

This show was the worst. The format sucked in that they were forced to couple up to stay on the show. A better way would be to be kicked off for singing badly, not for not being able to caress a stranger's face while performing to prove a connection.

The producers must have done a number on Matt, who really seemed like he took the connection part way too seriously and didn't want to lead Rudi on. The producers blew their own finale show with too much meddling. It was LAME with only two couples performing. 

I don't think I looked up from my laptop more than a couple times while the show was on last night.  Fail.  

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

This show was the worst. The format sucked in that they were forced to couple up to stay on the show. A better way would be to be kicked off for singing badly, not for not being able to caress a stranger's face while performing to prove a connection.

Doesn't this just leave you with American Idol though?  I think you have to keep the romance in.

But it does need to change.  Maybe combine the two and let people get eliminated by either performing badly OR not building a connection.  You'd have to have judges AND rose ceremonies, and those judges would only eliminate a single performer regardless of their partner or their romantic connection.  

I think this show CAN work, but they need to tweak.

• Love 4

I was disappointed at only having two couples in the finale and it was clear that the judges didn't really know how to judge. Having couple chemistry while singng relies on so many things; singing experience, tempo and style of song, background music, etc. I never really see couples pawing at each other while singing. In fact, I was worried that Bri and Chris would lose because they weren't groping each other as much. I liked the singing but forcing a romantic partnership seemed to make everyone on the show anxious which took away from their performances. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I owe Rudi an apology, I really do. All season long I’ve been cracking on her for being emotionally unstable, but it turns out that was mostly just editing. Actually, she turned out to be ironically one of the most mature contestants. I think even she was surprised at how calmly she handled Matt’s lukewarm, wishy washy dumping. I think she let them off way too easy with his rambling, trite bullshit about caring about her as a person - I would’ve said, “Oh so you’re waiting till the day before the finale to tell me you’re not only not in love with me, but fucking over my career for what? Because you don’t want to marry me after three weeks?“ He was right to feel like shit about backing out of their performance. His non-committal pity party cost Rudi what will probably have been the biggest professional opportunity she will ever have in her life. Fuck Matt. I owe Rudi big time. I’m not even sure why the fantasy suite opportunity was such a catalyst for his crisis to the point where he would shoot himself in the foot, especially since it was heavily implied that they had sex when they played hooky from the rest of the group at the motel. I think he realized that they had a strong potential of winning together and he didn’t want to get stuck touring around for months with someone he saw as a fling. 

Even though I don’t think she deserved to win, I’m really proud of all of Jaime‘s personal growth. She really seemed to emerge with a stronger sense of self. I’m happy for her and Trevor and I never could’ve imagined they would emerge as a strong couple with long-term potential. 

The musical performances sucked in a big way. Some finale. Rudi would’ve brought the house down or at least been entertaining.

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 4

Burning questions:

Why were Bri and Chris called "Chris and Bri" instead of "Bri and Chris?"

Why did the couples sing that Elvis song so often?

That concert that they were so concerned about, 300+ sycophants and W\MTA and ATFR groupies.  (Uh, not a question, more of an observation.)

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Just Carol said:

Burning questions:

Why were Bri and Chris called "Chris and Bri" instead of "Bri and Chris?

Maybe because Bri and Chris can end up sounding like “Breann Chris” 

That’s my theory.  

• Love 1
9 hours ago, lulee said:

Maybe because Bri and Chris can end up sounding like “Breann Chris” 

That’s my theory.  

I also thought that when written out or hashtagged, it would look like Brian instead of Bri &.  Either way, I agree it was probably a branding decision.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I think he realized that they had a strong potential of winning together and he didn’t want to get stuck touring around for months with someone he saw as a fling. 

I think that was pretty much it too, which good for him lol.

The only duo who's performances I truly loved were Matt and Rudi so after they left I was just like meh.

The song they had Bri and Chris singing at the end seemed very bad but I think I'll still check out their music.

I hope Matt and Rudi and Natascha and Ryan make some music together and remain friends. I really liked both of those duos.

I loved this show but it did kind of peeter out towards the end. I don't think they'll get another season but I hope they do and I hope they find a way to fix the format.

• Love 5

Okay, I have FIXED THIS SHOW

🙂

You start with all the contestants -- no "more come in later" stuff. Even number of men and women. 

At the beginning of each episode, everyone pairs up, but you CANNOT pair up with someone you have already paired with unless there is no other choice.  Maybe there's a random draw (or, since this is The Bachelor, production will assign the pairs based on Drama Potential). 

The pairs spend the episodes going on dates or other couple-activities, and they rehearse a song. ANY song.

Second half of the episode, you all perform those songs for judges.  The judges then eliminate ONE contestant. Not one couple, not one male and one female. Exactly one.

Then there's a rose ceremony. The gender which just got someone eliminated by the judges gets roses to hand out.  One person of the OTHER gender doesn't get a rose, so effectively a couple gets eliminated. You can give your rose to the same person every week, but if that person can't sing worth a damn, you better build some other friendships.

At some point -- maybe when there are four couples left -- you all pick your Ride Or Die, so to speak.  (Yes, it's a juvenile pun, but this isn't The Met.) Then there's a BiP-style ring ceremony. The couples who stick around after that then perform for judges with huge backup bands until the winning musical lovebirds are left. 

First male eliminated has to date Julia. 

How much do I get as an Exec Producer?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

I like your suggestions, phlebas. There would be plenty of opportunity for dramatic tension with musical partnerships and with the typical mix of Bachelor Nation types, there’d be romantic tension too. 

• Love 2
On 5/19/2020 at 1:15 PM, Recyclorette said:

I started to watch the finale and once Matt and Rudi self-selected out, I put it aside and only finished it yesterday. They were the only couple left that I enjoyed watching from a performance standpoint. Chris and Bri are consistently good, but all that entertaining.

I was also worried that Jamie and Trevor would somehow win. I didn't think they even belonged in the finale, let alone to win it. Jamie is SO young. However old she actually is, she acts far younger, like a teenager. And her voice was one of, if not THE weakest of all the women.

Clearly this is NOT a singing competition since Natascha and Ryan went home. Sure they were awkward on stage but they’ve always been the best singers. Only Rudi and Matt are just as good... which means they won’t win, either. So, enjoy some mediocre singing by Bri and Chris opening up for Ben Higgens in the Bachelor Live show, folks. 

I don't have much of an impression of Ryan and while Natascha was a great singer, I've always noticed that anyone on any singing show who works as a vocal coach, singing teacher, etc. never really does well on the show. I'm not 100% sure why, but it's a trend I've noticed over the years.

Anyhow, now when Bachelor/Bachelorette get back to filming, this franchise has a stable of singers they can call on to give those special performances on dates where the couple are the only people there at a dinner table but not eating.

Oh God, you're definitely right about that. No more Z-list country singers, they're going to keep in the family from now on.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Jamie is SO young. However old she actually is, she acts far younger, like a teenager. And her voice was one of, if not THE weakest of all the women.

Is charm school still a thing?  Besides toning down the squealing and hopping, Jamie needs to learn how to walk without slouching and clomping in her array of ankle boots that seem too large.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Just Carol said:

Besides toning down the squealing and hopping, Jamie needs to learn how to walk without slouching and clomping in her array of ankle boots that seem too large.  

Her walk was such a mess lol. I also would like her to stop shopping for clothes at Baby Gap.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4