Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Presents: Listen To Your Heart - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I thought maybe the losing couple would get a second chance to reconnect with someone else based on their ability to sing.   It is still too soon for a romantic connection with these couples.   

• Love 2

Brandon and Sheridan seem to have no qualms about dating women taller than themselves.   Julia is very tall and big-boned.  Sheridan is tiny next to her.

I think Brandon and Savannah sound terrible singing together.  I wish this show were sort of more like The Voice, where the judges would listen to the singers separately from behind a curtain or something, and pair them based on who they thought would sound good together.  

How come all the guys play guitar but none of the girls do?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Just Carol said:

Brandon and Sheridan seem to have no qualms about dating women taller than themselves.   Julia is very tall and big-boned.  Sheridan is tiny next to her.

I think Brandon and Savannah sound terrible singing together.  I wish this show were sort of more like The Voice, where the judges would listen to the singers separately from behind a curtain or something, and pair them based on who they thought would sound good together.  

How come all the guys play guitar but none of the girls do?

Bri was shown playing guitar, I think in a studio, in her intro clip. 

I still straight-up love this show. I'm bummed it's doing so badly in the ratings.

I was shocked by how great Natascha is. She seemed like she was just a classic Bachelor plant there to start some drama but she is fantastic. Ryan really is lucky she decided to use him to stay on the show lol. 

I agree that Matt and Rudi sound the best together. Rudi's voice is probably my fave. They actually have some fun and interesting chem too, plus Rudi is certifiably insane. All in all, my fave pairing lol.

I think Sheridan and Julia sounded good together too and I enjoy Julia's insanity. However, Sheridan deserves better and I am getting so much second-hand embarrassment over how into her he is when she clearly gives zero shit about him.

Brandon and Savannah are the worst singers left and sound terrible together so I hope they go next week. 

I feel bad for Danny since it looked like Bekah was gonna barf every time he tried to kiss her.

ETA: Wait, how could I forget to talk about Julia and Trevor! Julia is so much lol. Trevor really does look like her dad. His constant dead-eyed smile cracks me up. I couldn't believe that pink, 8th grade farewell looking dress Julia wore to the rose ceremony. And with a visible, ugly ass bra. I was aghast!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

ETA: Wait, how could I forget to talk about Julia and Trevor! Julia is so much lol. Trevor really does look like her dad. His constant dead-eyed smile cracks me up. I couldn't believe that pink, 8th grade farewell looking dress Julia wore to the rose ceremony. And with a visible, ugly ass bra. I was aghast!

I think you mean Jamie.

(edited)

I've avoided spoilers although I’ve been tempted. Last night I had a dream that I read that Bri broke up with Chris because he wasn’t a good kisser. 

Edited by lulee
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

I tried to find spoilers but I couldn't lol.

I searched for the episode 4 preview yesterday (probably should have just gone to ABC and saw links that Reality Steve has posted the winners. 

1 minute ago, lulee said:

I searched for the episode 4 preview yesterday (probably should have just gone to ABC and saw links that Reality Steve has posted the winners. 

I checked Reality Steve and I didn't see it. Maybe he posted it after I checked. Let me go chcek again lol.

• Love 1

I googles for spoilers.  One of the top replies credit Reality Steve but I can’t see it on his site.  That said, they do say the final two and winner. 

I just had a revelation! I’ve always just watched Bachelor episodes live or on the ABC site, but we switched providers and now I have a DVR  I can record and FF through all the Julia-Brandon-Savannah-Sheridan drama! And I can do that until at least half of them get eliminated. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, lulee said:

I just had a revelation! I’ve always just watched Bachelor episodes live or on the ABC site, but we switched providers and now I have a DVR  I can record and FF through all the Julia-Brandon-Savannah-Sheridan drama! And I can do that until at least half of them get eliminated. 

I think those are probably the only parts worth watching. But I’m Here for the Wrong Reasons. Speaking of which, Harrison, do you really think ANY of these people are going to leave on their own accord when there’s a recording contract (or whatever) on the line??

Julia and Brandon actually get to go to The Roxy, unlike Bri and Mike, who just drove by The Roxy on their date episode 1.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Julia thinks they’re getting together so she dumps Sheridan...while he greets Savannah with a big ol’ kiss. Just like Julia bamboozled herself last week.

Edited by JenE4
I’m the only one here talking to myself.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I've already forgotten, is Brandon the "cheater" that the show tried to bust by bringing on Natasha? The song Brandon/Julia "wrote" and sang sucked big time. All i could think of was what the Songland judges would say about it. Except it wasn't good enough for the Songland judges to even get to hear.

I'm liking Natasha now too, even though I'm not paying that much attention. Hoping there is a rose ceremony, although if it's the women's turn, that means Julia/Brandon stay one more week.

Ugh to that.

Sheridan, you are NOT being mean to julia. You need to tell her to just say what she wants to say. Or tell her to STFU and leave.

Ha ha, Sheridan did just walk away and now Julia is pissed. Run, Sheridan, run.

• Love 2

Sheridan is right. Julia is a drama queen so needs to be with dipshits like Brandon so she can pitch a tizwad whenever. I hope she spends the rest of her life going from dickwad to asshat and back again.

I'm cranky today. Heh.

• Love 5
(edited)
5 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Sheridan is right. Julia is a drama queen so needs to be with dipshits like Brandon so she can pitch a tizwad whenever. I hope she spends the rest of her life going from dickwad to asshat and back again.

I'm cranky today. Heh.

What about her fake tears that suddenly “dried up” when Sheridan got up? She was playing the victim and mad that he wasn’t pleading for her not to leave him! You’re breaking up with him, idiot!! Too bad paradise will be canceled (I presume). Even though this show isn’t popular, I presume Sheridan is a “fan favorite” and would be welcomed into Bachelor Family and date some Bachelor rejects—maybe even get engaged to one.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, JenE4 said:

What about her fake tears that suddenly “dried up” when Sheridan got up? She was playing the victim and mad that he wasn’t pleading for her not to leave him! You’re breaking up with him, idiot!!

Now Brandon is doing the same thing to Savannah. He tells her he's still into Julia and criticizes Savannah for not being 100 percent into him, she's holding back five percent. WTH. He's hooking up with Julia, then he's blaming Savannah for things not working out. Oh, man. He is such a dick.

I hate Brandon and Julia. There's wrong reasons fun viewing, then there's just awful people not-fun viewing. B and J (heh, funny initials) are awful people. This show could have been so much fun, but it's ... just not.

7 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I presume Sheridan is a “fan favorite” and would be welcomed into Bachelor Family and date some Bachelor rejects.

I would love to see him in Paradise. He's a favorite of this "fan."

• Love 6

Ok, Savannah dumping Brandon was awesome. But how is Brandon—after telling Savannah he chooses her—“allowed” to go settle with Julia?!? Harrison should have come out blowing a whistle and throwing one of those yellow football flags.

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
Just now, JenE4 said:

Ok, Savannah dumping Brandon was awesome. But how is Brandon—after telling Savannah he chooses her—“allowed” to go settle with Julia?!? Harrison should have come out blowing a whistle and throwing one of those yellow football flags.

And I SO want it to be Droolia!!

30 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I've already forgotten, is Brandon the "cheater" that the show tried to bust by bringing on Natasha? The song Brandon/Julia "wrote" and sang sucked big time. All i could think of was what the Songland judges would say about it. Except it wasn't good enough for the Songland judges to even get to hear.

I'm liking Natasha now too, even though I'm not paying that much attention. Hoping there is a rose ceremony, although if it's the women's turn, that means Julia/Brandon stay one more week.

Ugh to that.

Sheridan, you are NOT being mean to julia. You need to tell her to just say what she wants to say. Or tell her to STFU and leave.

Ha ha, Sheridan did just walk away and now Julia is pissed. Run, Sheridan, run.

Oh the alleged cheater is the guy who looks like Jed who’s partnered with the 21-year-old with anxiety issues.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Oh the alleged cheater is the guy who looks like Jed who’s partnered with the 21-year-old with anxiety issues.

Thank you! I will pay attention to him. I see Jamie's having more anxiety over singing in public, like she didn't know what this show was about when she applied and is now surprised all to heck about it.

I actually like Rudi and Matt, although I can see someone being stabbed to death sometime in the future if they stay together.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

That was great how Natasha pulled a “frenemy” move telling Julia that Brandon said he would have probably stayed with Savannah. But I think Julia was looking for a loophole to let him off the hook: Natasha said you definitively would have stayed with Savannah! Did you say definitively?!? He wasn’t lying to say no. No one said “definitively” but you, Julia. I don’t think either one of them have that word in their vocabulary.

Matt and Rudi were amazing!!! She’s crazy—but they’re good singers!! Jamie and Trevor are okay. I think he’s a better singer than she is. I mean, they’re all better than I am, so who am I to judge! Oh, okay, the real judges think they’re terrible, so I didn’t think they were that bad!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Oh, this guy’s name is Chris! I think I called him Mike before. Chris got a little lost on stage compared to Bri. But apparently I’m wrong because the judges thought Chris was great, too, and their passion was palpable. We got our first I love yous.

Okay, so I was putting dinner together when Chris and Bri were singing, but did they spend more time showing Jamie having a meltdown than Chris and Bri's performance? What's up with that.

Jamie is TOO exhausting. Please, girl. Chill pills were invented for people like her. Of course she will stay because ... drama.

• Love 5

Why is Julia dressed like a late ‘80s businesswoman? 

Natasha and Ryan KILLING IT and winning this contest while Julia is crying backstage is what Julia deserves!

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

Julia complained about how hard it is to perform when you are experiencing emotional upset.  Seriously?    A real performer gets on with things and then goes home and cries.  Then they get up and perform again the next day.  

And she and Brandon butchered the song.   They had better go home.  

3 minutes ago, Rebky said:

Brandon's voice is mediocre. Sheridan put him to shame and so do most of the guys.

Yeah and he didn’t learn from last time.  Even if you don’t feel a connection, you had better learn to fake it.  

I liked how Savannah and Sheridan left with dignity.   Julia wouldn’t know dignity if it bit her on the ass.  Although she Is right about Natasha sabotaging her, not that it was required.    

• Love 10
(edited)

Julia/Brandon were the worst, but no way is the show letting their drama team go home. JMHO.

ETA: OMG, I don't believe it. But 'bye. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out. Of course it's all Brandon's fault and Natasha's too. Not that Julia was crap. Oh, no, that couldn't be. I hope Sheridan's at home and laughs his ass off when he gets home from playing his latest gig.

Edited by saber5055
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Why is Julia dressed like a late ‘80s businesswoman? 

Natasha and Ryan KILLING IT and winning this contest while Julia is crying backstage is what Julia deserves!

She was giving us Working Girl glamour! 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Wow, in the first episode, it seemed like Rudi would be this season’s crazy, but she has settled down and Julia took on the mantle. 

eta....may have spoken too soon about Rudy’s redemption edit. 

Edited by DEL901
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 4/22/2020 at 8:09 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

Natasha looks just like Corinne from one of the bachelor seasons . 

I was thinking the same thing watching tonight...I couldn’t put my finger on who she reminded me of, and then I saw it!  

• Love 3
Just now, Madding crowd said:

I would like more music and less crying!

Same here. But good luck with that since previews show MORE CRYING next week. I guess it wouldn't be a Fleiss show if they didn't feature crying females. It's the foundation of the franchise.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I kind of love Natasha...and she would generally be the "type" of contestant I would love to hate.  There's no question that she pushed Julia's button on purpose, but I can't think of anyone who deserved it more.  I also don't think it was a question of "sabotage"  (Natasha can clearly out-sing Julia and didn't need to handicap her), I think she just enjoyed watching her reaction.  I was only around Julia for a fraction of the time Natasha was and I was tired of her re-writing the narrative to cast herself as the heroine.  She didn't like Natasha questioning Brandon?  See Savannah last week when Julia tried to tell her that Brandon was conflicted.  Also, for the last time--Julia, you did not reach "clarity" or make a "decision", things finally went the way you wanted them to from the beginning so of course you were happy!   

Both Julia and Jamie came across as desperate in their performances.  You can stomp and flail and jump up and down all you want, it's not going to distract from your mediocrity.

Also, Trevor seems like a charisma vacuum and Jamie needs to close her mouth.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

Without makeup, Natasha looks like Kaley Cuoco. 

The producers' thumbprints were all over this episode.  The date switch, first of all, was obvs entirely to stoke the Julia-Brandon storyline.  The other date swaps were supposed to make it look less obvious, but come on, look at the dates!  One couple's "date" was just across the ravine so close to the mansion they could spy on it with binoculars conveniently supplied for that purpose.  B and J, on the other hand, have a set-up where they have to write a song together while coached by a famous person(?) who himself was obviously coached to lavish praise on their "connection."

The performance song choices are another opportunity for producer manipulation.  They can give you a song in your wheelhouse (Bri+Chris), or they can screw you with a song that is nothing you would ever sing and does not suit your voice or style (Brandon).

Sheridan handled the breakup perfectly.  I love the song he wrote while waiting and wondering.  Sheridan is a pretty cool guy, and my relationship advice to him would be to lose the rings.

Edited by Just Carol
More
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, leocadia said:

Both Julia and Jamie came across as desperate in their performances.  You can stomp and flail and jump up and down all you want, it's not going to distract from your mediocrity.

Seriously, they are working so hard to try and show romantic chemistry. Back in the day, Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham generated twice the heat just glaring at each other across the stage.

• Love 7
(edited)
14 hours ago, Rebky said:

Brandon's voice is mediocre. Sheridan put him to shame and so do most of the guys.

Goodbye, mediocre-voiced bad boy!

14 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Julia went out blaming everybody!! Wow. This woman has no self-awareness.

She probably thinks that she should be the Bachelorette after Claire. 

14 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

The women are seeing this as a love competition and the men are seeing it as a music competition. I would like more music and less crying!

Trevor the Charisma Vacuum (™️ Leocadia) looked like he wanted the earth to swallow him as Jamie sobbed. 

I’ve always liked “We Belong” - it’s both cerebral and passionate and is about real commitment. So no surprise that Brandon and Julia murdered it. 

Edited by lulee
Typo; proper credit
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, leocadia said:

I kind of love Natasha...and she would generally be the "type" of contestant I would love to hate.  There's no question that she pushed Julia's button on purpose, but I can't think of anyone who deserved it more.  

It's awesome when the divas go after each other!  The ending of this episode has to be one of the most satisfying of any Bachelor show, ever!  Bye, Julia!

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Recyclorette said:

The ending of this episode has to be one of the most satisfying of any Bachelor show, ever! 

Including the real ending, the one after credits. Rudi being distracted by Matt must have been filmed before they became a couple, although it gave us some insight into why they ARE a couple now!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

That zoned out wise-guy face on Brandon when he was breaking up with Savannah was so maddening. He had the gall to tell her he was acting with "Grace and patience" while he was turning it all around on her for the reason of the switch to Julia. What a piece of crap. Actually just what Julia deserves out of all this. Thankfully sweetie Sheridan escaped from that one. She's a real piece of work.

Matt and Rudi were fantastic!

• Love 9