Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Presents: Listen To Your Heart - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Oh, thankfully Harrison is back in his normal suit! He’s contractually obligated to end every soliloquy with “Listen to your heart.”

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 2

Why are all of these girls hung up on Brandon?!? Booo! So mad that Bree  Julia is throwing herself at him! Sheridan is sweet. 

Edited by JenE4
Because Julia is not Bree
  • Love 8

Melted Shawn Mendez is shocked that Living Barbie doll wants to kiss him! He’s kissing Rudi, too?!? Oh, surprise, Rudi is back to crying over Matt again. Oh, the crying is less embarrassing than whatever she’s doing now with the shrieking—and she slapped him and is kissing him?!? WHAT. IS. HAPPENING?! She’s on drugs, right? Emotionally unbalanced?

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

LOL at Julia crying over hurting Sheridan when she takes Brandon's rose. It would be the Most Dramatic Rose Ceremony EVER if neither man called her name. This show needs more of that.

1 minute ago, JenE4 said:

WHAT. IS. HAPPENING?! She’s on drugs, right? Emotionally unbalanced?

She is bat-shit and so definitely getting a producer-driven rose.

• Love 3

Aww, felt so bad for Sheridan after that hussy Julia went on a great date with him, then told him she wanted to "explore" what may or may not be, with that other hussy, Brandon.

Sheridan sounded alot better this time singing on stage with Tool-lia but was a shy performer. I think he'd sound great if he lost his self consciousness and just let it rip.

I wish so bad Sheridan had given his rose to Mel and left that Julia in his rear view mirror. 

Vamp Natasha was out for picking roses. No way is she really interested in sweet Ryan. 

Rudi should drink less.

Edited by SassyCat
  • Love 6

So I’m in a ton of pain my arthritis - needed to dull the pain so I could sleep so hubby and I “shared” a bottle of wine (he may or may not have had any of said wine).

I couldn’t track anything with a plot let alone this dreck, but I did rewind enough to get this quote accurate:

“I told him in the hot tub I’ve been cheated on in every relationship I’ve been in“ ....

Not sure what to say except
1. the definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a different response.

2. so weird to watch shows when we are all social distancing - especially hot tub scenes in the bachelor franchise - yikes!

3. Who said that (and now I think I am watching an episode of the new “Charmed” which is awful dreck also) so maybe I will “fall asleep” soon.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Feel better @Stats Queen, I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. Although a pain meds and bottle of wine combo might improve my enjoyment of this show.

TPTB want Julia on this show (dra-mah) so Sheridan didn't really have a choice if he wanted to stay to sing another day.

Eh, IMO most relationships break up because of cheating. People never call it quits when they both know they should have two months ago. Or a year ago.

• Love 1

So, apparently the editors must love Jamie because she makes their job so easy.  Last week it was "I don't want any drama" (cue Jamie-centered drama) and tonight's TH about how perfect things were with Trevor and how could anything go wrong!  (cue Natasha entrance).  Not to disparage any 19 year olds out there, but she is like the stereotypical annoying teen girl with her "dimming her light so as not to outshine others" and "the other girls probably hate me for getting two dates" wide-eyed innocence.  

Speaking of Trevor, I think the producer's just cast him to play the role of Jed since he was so "popular" on The B'ette.  Seriously, he's like a carbon copy with the back story and everything.

Brandon must have a lot of charisma in person because I just don't get the appeal.  He sings well though.  Actually so far all of the guys have been showing up the girls in the vocal talent department.  I did like the duet between Rudi and Ruby, but Jamie, Savannah and Julia all seemed really mediocre on their dates.

Finally figured out that Julia reminds me of Connie Britton.   I think I actually assigned her more gravitas than she actually possesses due to the resemblance.  

Glad to have this fluff to escape with!

Edited by leocadia
clarification - I was being facetious about Jed's popularity
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

ABC had to pay for the rights to sing these songs on air so the contestants probably all got a list of approved songs and have probably been practicing them or carrying the lyrics in their pockets. Cuz otherwise, how could they just perform like that?

While it's true that ABC definitely would have had to pay for music rights, I am pretty sure many of the iheart radio shows are syndicated, not live. So Sheridan and Julia probably did sing a song together "after this," but "this" probably meant "this next 60 minutes of practice time." Or, even if the radio show does air live, I'd think that the interview and performance were pre-recorded bits for the show, as it would be terrible promotion for LYTH if the performance was awful.

4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Did Brandon say "You've been performing 36 years in this TOILET" to the Dresden couple? What an asshat.

I missed him saying that, but the couple's wigs looked a good 36 years old. ☹

2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

There is some music but it sure doesn’t seem like the focus of the show. Just like last week we are seeing women crying about finding love and guys who just want TV time. 

I'm hoping that the performance/judging part we saw in the previews will take up a good portion of the show. I'll probably be wrong, but I'm still hoping anyway.

2 hours ago, leocadia said:

I did like the duet between Rudi and Ruby, but Jamie, Savannah and Julia all seemed really mediocre on their dates.

I love Rudi's voice, and loved it last week, too. And I liked Ruby's voice. But I wasn't a big fan of that vocal arrangement of "Love is a Losing Game," as I thought it lost soooooooo much of the mournful sound Amy Winehouse put into it. I thought Savannah was pretty good, though. Or maybe it was just that she and Brandon did a far better job harmonizing together than Sheridan and Julia did.

Am I the only one who was surprised by Sheridan's voice? I mean, yes he was nervous, though I still thought he had a nice voice...I just didn't expect that to be his singing voice. Don't know what I expected, but that wasn't it.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, dvr devotee said:

I missed him saying that, but the couple's wigs looked a good 36 years old. ☹

The show appeared to be making fun of them given they were the ending-credits joke/funny segment. Does anyone know about the Dresden, is it really the most popular jazz club in LA?

I listen to iHeart radio and yeah, it's all recorded, nothing is live. I'm guessing those two weren't even played, unless it was for a few seconds. They also talked about them having an interview. iHeart will play interviews with famous people; they last about 30 seconds tops.

I'm disappointed that, once again, this franchise trades on making women cry and babble nonsense to men who sit there stone-faced and stymied. IRL they would get up and leave but I guess they are contractually obligated to stay and not say what they are thinking: "Blah blah blah I can't hear you."

CH promises that next episode ("tomorrow" in real time) everything will be changed up. That would be awesome ... the men sitting around crying and sobbing about past relationships and how they want to find love, and the women playing basketball and bro-ing out.

12 hours ago, leocadia said:

Finally figured out that Julia reminds me of Connie Britton. 

She goes from being a drop-dead gorgeous 30- year-old to a plain-jane 18-year-old no one would look at twice. Like a Seinfeld character.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Recyclorette said:

That face consumption between Natasha and melted Shawn Mendes was quite disturbing,  She looks like she could be his mother.

LOL this made me laugh irl. Ryan's actually 28 and Natasha is 33, which imo ironically makes them a more age appropriate couple than him with 21-year-old Jaime, but he and Jaime look more natural as a couple because of his extreme baby face. As a fellow 28-year-old who looks 20, I get it. I think it's also that Natasha's maturity and heavy makeup give her a strong cougar vibe when pursuing fresh-faced Ryan.

Brutal to see all or almost all of the women of color axed in one RC. Between Brandon and Julia, there was so much mediocrity on display tonight. Not sure why half the cast is throwing themselves at empty Brandon, who seems to be the personality equivalent of eggshell paint. He's not even hot. By comparison, I was shocked that no one seemed to give smokeshow Mariana the time of day.

I wish Sheridan valued himself enough to realize emotional availability matters much more than the masochism of constantly trying to prove yourself to someone who sees you as a distant second choice. They may have had the best duet of the night, but it pained me to watch Sheridan ditch lovely Cheyenne to waste more time on Julia, who couldn't even stop thinking about Brandon long enough to get through the group toast.

Rudi is unhinged. She kisses like a succubus who hasn't fed for a week. That kiss with Ryan looked like she was trying to eat his face. Good luck to Matt. She seems like the type of person who picks fights on a daily basis. 

• Love 9
On 4/14/2020 at 6:33 PM, reggiejax said:

Julia is quite good looking as well. Thing is, she seems familiar, and I think she looks like a celebrity, but for the life of me, I can't think which one.

I think Julia looks a lot like Hannah Brown. Maybe a mash up of Hannah Brown and Claire Crowley.

Why did she think Brandon was going to have a long talk about still pursuing their relationship when all he said to here was he wanted to talk to her in a bit? It didn't occur to her that he wanted to talk to her about why he picked Savannah instead of her? 

How are these people prepped to sing these songs with no warning about what the songs will be? They know all the lyrics and where to put emphasis on certain lines and syllables. Like, they don't miss a beat. I wonder, were they all given a list of songs and music and told to be ready to sing any of them at any time?

Edited by sioux21
  • Love 3
On 4/20/2020 at 8:54 PM, saber5055 said:

Got a laugh that Jamie pocketed the cash from the street singing (did she shove it in her bra?) and they walked off, leaving the microphone to be stolen by anyone.

I thought for sure she was about to shove it in her bra but she did not. Missed opportunity!

On 4/20/2020 at 9:01 PM, JenE4 said:

Someone names Danny had a chyron that said he’s a celebrity impersonator. I’m guessing Ricky Martin—if I had to squint and guess what celebrity he thinks he looks like.

According to my sister, he's a youtuber so he probably has his impersonations on there. I think I might need to check them out tbh.

On 4/20/2020 at 9:06 PM, saber5055 said:

Did Sheridan goof up a line at the beginning of that song? Oops. Heh.

He did and then he gave the most adorable smile after he sang the next line, which was something about not messing up.

I was liking Sheridan and Julia and they sounded great together imo, but Julia turned out to be an asshole. Free Sheridan! I was really hoping he'd pick Mel, although they're both way too soft and fragile for this show.

I'm with the people who don't understand why so many of the women want Brandon. His mouth is way too small for his face!

Man, I love Natascha. She is the quintessential Bachelor contestant! Weird spelling of name, eats faces when she kisses, only there to provide totally-manufactured-by-Production drama. Such fun! I'm glad Production forced Ryan to choose her.

Rudi is also a delightful trip. What an absolute nutcase! I about lost it when she slapped Matt. Also, I actually really like her voice.

I actually think most of them are pretty decent singers. I hope the show starts to shift to at least half singing now.

• Love 4
On 4/14/2020 at 6:33 PM, reggiejax said:

Julia is quite good looking as well. Thing is, she seems familiar, and I think she looks like a celebrity, but for the life of me, I can't think which one.

On 4/20/2020 at 11:29 PM, leocadia said:

Finally figured out that Julia reminds me of Connie Britton.   I think I actually assigned her more gravitas than she actually possesses due to the resemblance. 

She reminds me of Kyra Sedgwick.

And Natasha has got to be Cha Cha DeGregorio!  She screamed villain through and through.

• Love 1

Isn’t Jamie only 21? Her non stop “ I’ve been cheated on in every relationship I’ve ever had “ is annoying . What were you in 2 relationships tops ? Enough . 
and I would have said 5 words to Natasha if I were Trevor ... it’s none of your business .. and just left the room . 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Isn’t Jamie only 21? Her non stop “ I’ve been cheated on in every relationship I’ve ever had “ is annoying . What were you in 2 relationships tops ? Enough . 

Right! Every time she said that I just shouted, "You're 12!" at her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I'm a big Bachelor/Bachelorette fan.  I'm also enjoying Listen To Your Heart.  HOWEVER, if I had a dollar for every time I heard the word "like" I could be rich.  Sometimes every other word is like,  We're not talking about little kids who have no knowledge of the English language.  These are adults who clearly can't speak properly.  Jimmy Kimmel already previously noted this on his show during the last Bachelor show.  Now Listen To Your Heart is even worse.  Like like like like like etc.  Has anyone else noticed this?  

• Love 1

"Me and Julia ..." ugh Sheridan. Although your grammar fits the Bachelor Franchise stereotype.

I don't get it. These people have known each other a couple of days. The show isn't making them get married by week's end, is it? Why not stay, hang out with whomever gave you a rose, get a ton load of exposure for your music*, enjoy the vaca and have a good time before cashing in.

*However, given the lack of activity here, maybe none of these  people are being seen by anyone so this isn't exactly giving anyone a big boost into the music industry.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 4

Obviously Harrison kept this focused on the love connection—and not the opportunity and exposure of participating in a televised singing competition. Had he phrased this another way Savannah would have gladly jumped to Gabe as soon as she heard from Julia that Brandon was dumping S for J. 

Oh, hold the phone! Turns out Julia is going to have to “settle” for Sheridan if she wants to stick around. Damn, she’s going to feel stupid after smugly telling Savannah that Brandon was going to dump her. He was being pretty weaselly cornering Julia by the coffee pot—but she did totally jump to conclusions based on what she hoped he wanted to talk about!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, saber5055 said:

Man, Julia = Debbie Downer.

Well, okay, I guess this is why Harrison stressed you need to be part of a committed couple! Julia is going to be crying over Brandon. What if she gets this record deal to be the next Sonny & Cher with Sheridan?! She’ll be crying on the tour bus every night!

Too soon for me to judge my favorite couple musically, but just based on the “love connection” the only two I see immediately going out on the road as a husband-wife duo is Bri and her guy—I forgot his name—but they Guitar Center date couple.

Ok. I’m about to throw some tomatoes at Julia! How DARE she say that Savannah is there for the wrong reasons and is faking a connection to stay in the game?! Helllooooooo?!? Um, are you blocking out how you are NOT into Sheridan but stuck with him to stay in the game?!? Savannah has always been into Brandon—despite YOU trying to tell her that B didn’t want her! If anything, she could potentially say that BRANDON is faking it because he was playing both of you, but just because you’re jealous that you couldn’t steal away “Savannah’s man,” that’s nothing to take out on Savannah! Poor Sheridan. He’s a nice dude. He deserves better than being stuck with this mess!

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 10

Man, Julia = Bat Shit

Natascha + Ryan = Mom and teen son

So one couple is going home after the performances. My money is on it NOT being the Julia or Brandon couple.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 5

I hope Brandon and Savannah rock it, and Julia forgets all her words.

Ouch. Except Savannah is really off key. Brandon sings just like Adam Sandler!

Oh, NOW Julia is "confident" with what she and Sheridan have. Gah. Right.

Edited by saber5055
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

It seems so bizarre to me that they are judging the ‘connection ‘ rather than the actual singing. How can the judges tell if people are just friends when they have known each other a couple of weeks?

My husband walked in and asked if this was a singing competition and I said no, it’s a weird dating show. And what’s with Keisha’s face?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

And what’s with Keisha’s face?

I know. I've been staring at her. I haven't seen her since she was Ke$ha. Maybe she had to up her drugs to appear on this show ... ? She reminds me of when Jay Leno was on AGT and couldn't keep his eyes open, and acted stoned whenever he spoke.

3 minutes ago, Recyclorette said:

Julia, you be nasty, girl!  Talk about a phony!

"Master Thespian!"

• Love 2

Rudi and Matt sounded amazing together! But they’re the most likely to be featured on a Discovery ID murder-suicide episode, at the hands of Rudi of course. The judges don’t know she’s insane, so they should make it far.

Bri and Chris: Most likely to leave with a Neil Lane ring. They sounded much better than they did at rehearsals at the house. Solid performance.

Becca and Danny: They have nice voices—almost too pretty if that makes any sense. It was okay. Out of the first three performances, I’d put them at the bottom.

Brandon and Savannah: I don’t really like this slowed-down, countrified version of this song. This is a fun song that they made not fun. I think they’re the new bottom.

Julia and Sheridan: ok, this pop song was also somewhat countrified, but it was better. Don’t love it but wouldn’t vote them out over it. The “love in the eyeballs” feeling is NOT mutual, Ke$ha. The fact that Julia’s voiceover is STILL just taking about how Savannah is probably upset that they did so well is making my eyeballs roll out of my head! Can we vote one half of the couple out? 

Natasha and Ryan: Killed it! Give them their Bachelor on Tour contract right now. Competition’s over!

Jaime and Trevor: Will Jamie pass out on stage or run off stage left crying? Whelp, she didn’t fall cold off the stage so that was good...disappointing for the wrong reasons watchers, I guess. Oh, she’s crumpling in a heap pretty much talking about how insecure she is. She’s too young for this. What if she wins?! Oh, she literally collapsed off stage! I knew it was coming!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Jamie must be so exhausting to deal with and she isn’t that great a singer.   

Top three for me, in no particular order:  Julia and Sheridan (although he deserves someone nicer), Bri and Chris and Natasha and Ryan who are my faves right now, musically.   

Lucky Ryan.  He dodged a bullet with Jamie.  

At a guess, I’d say Savannah and Brandon are toast.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 3

OMG! HARRISON IS GIVING OUT THE ROSES! MOST DRAMATIC CEREMONY EVAH!

Of course Brandon Savannah stay. Show gotta have the drama and tears. Tune in next week for more crying, sobbing and broken hearts.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, GracieK said:

Becca has zero interest in Danny. I’m sure she was crying solely over the missed opportunity and exposure. 

If she only had some other woman fighting her for Danny, she would still be there. No drama = see ya, don't wanna be ya. She shoulda watched this franchise before signing on.

As promised, next week = more tears, crying, fighting, Brandon loves me, Brandon doesn't love me. This show might be good if this franchise skipped all that crap for one season. JUST ONE SEASON.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Julia reminds me of the mother on Modern Family.  Bri reminds me of Maria Shriver.  

Becca and Danny had no connection, no wonder they got no air time before this episode.  I didn’t even recognize her when they first showed her.   Rubi is a little nuts but is a really great singer.  Natasha really surprised me with her singing but she needs to tone down her fake look.  Ryan  & Chris are also really good.  Bri was really good but Jamie  was way too nervous.  

Do they not have any stylists or production assistants for this  show?  Jamie was wearing a white bra with a pink dress.  Does she not own a strapless bra?  And her tag was out when she was accepting her rose.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Either the editors are butchering Julia’s edit, or she is incredibly petty and completely lacking self-awareness. 

Jamie is clearly the pet storyline. Reality tv loves those kinds of stories. No self confidence, comes into her own in the course of the show, blah blah blah. Problem is, her voice isn’t nearly as good as the other women. Also, she is so over the top dramatic about everything.  She bugs me in every way.

I really like Rudi and Matt. They sound awesome together. But yeah, relationship wise probably not a great match. But I’m kinda rooting for them to surprise us.  Chris has a phenomenal voice and he sounded badass on that Leon Bridges song. Ryan and Natascha have good voices but their performance felt to lounge-y to me. I think it was the arrangement plus her styling. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

It seems so bizarre to me that they are judging the ‘connection ‘ rather than the actual singing. How can the judges tell if people are just friends when they have known each other a couple of weeks?

Clearly they can't since they thought Julia and Sheridan were amazingly authentic, lol.  I wonder if any of them watched the show and saw the behind the scenes shenanigans.  It seems like it's more about who can sell a connection, whether or not it actually exists is secondary.

Could Julia have twisted her mustache a little more?  Either she really is completely un-self aware or she was banking on getting screen time via the villain edit.  I loved when she said she was "indecisive" -- No, Julia, you just don't like that you couldn't control the decision that Brandon made.  Apparently she is used to getting what she wants and is going all scorched earth now that she hasn't.  I didn't care for Savannah based on first impressions, but she didn't deserve any of the crap Julia was serving her.  I don't think Julia even cares about Brandon, she just wants to "win".  Free Sheridan!  

44 minutes ago, angelamh66 said:

Jamie is clearly the pet storyline. Reality tv loves those kinds of stories

I kept wondering if TPTB thought the audience would relate to her in that way or if they're just trolling her.  I feel like I'm supposed to love her, but it's having the opposite affect.  She is just too extra about everything.  2nd favorite comment was her saying"I didn't know we were going to be judged!!!"" with such horror.  She has seen tv before, right?

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

I can't with this show. Do the producers understand that we have to be somewhat invested in a character before we care that they are crying? Instead, they hand us crying characters we don't know and do not care about.  

And judging the couples on their love connection right off the bat? Sean and Catherine would never have happened in that universe. 

• Love 8

I enjoyed most of the singing, but the “love” requirement is idiotic.  They barely know each other.   At best, it is attraction.   It isn’t like BiP where even if they haven’t actually met, they have seen each other on tv and know a lot about the other.   

• Love 7

Trevor must be thrilled that his career prospects are now yoked to an insecure 21-year-old with performance anxiety. If I were Ryan, I'd be laughing. Their duet looked like a dad performing with his eighth grade daughter. Jaime's behavior went from immature to bizarrely toddlerish, from the jumping jacks to flailing in the grass. Her little girl act is a huge turnoff. 

I love how Jason Mraz basically told Ryan "You're ok, but she genuinely has talent and you'd hold her back professionally." True! Natasha has the strongest voice on the show imo. I don't think he's super into her though. He just stands there and lets her initiate everything. He lucked out that the woman with the best voice laser focused on him.

Man, Julia is a self-absorbed piece of work who seems to be the star of her own soap opera in her head. Savannah is just trying to make her own relationship work in peace and has been remarkably level-headed about Julia's feelings for Brandon and blatant attempts to shit stir. Why does everyone in triangles hate their "rival" instead of realizing the person in the middle is usually a piece of shit playing them for an ego boost? Also, fuck Julia for pretending to be into Sheridan to make Brandon jealous. How high school. Sheridan must be gullible - he assumes Brandon is in the rear view mirror and apparently doesn't notice Julia's constant glowering at Brandon. FWIW, Sheridan is actually way hotter than Brandon imo, but his emotional availability and focus on Julia reads "beta" and turns her off because he's not a challenge. Such bullshit.

Rudi is incredibly unstable and shaping up to be a horrible partner both musically and romantically, but her voice is beautiful and she and Matt sound the best together. Matt isn't my type, but Rudi is right - his voice is sexy.

So...they're locked into these pairings the rest of the show and if Julia or Brandon jumps ship, Sheridan and Savannah are fucked? Given that these "relationships" last max 4 months off air, a tour together is a terrible prize - they'll all be broken up post-COVID, and even if that hadn't happened, I'd be shocked if the winners were still together when the tour started.

I felt bad for Danny. Becca had to realize that this whole franchise and especially this show depends on claiming to be in love within two weeks. She looked repulsed whenever he tried to kiss her.  

• Love 6