Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

Also I just took a good look at the new promo picture....bwahahahahaha!  As @CocoPuffs mentioned, I don't think I have ever seen Kody's hair in such a state of.....Ramen noodle soup.  Janelle has been photoshopped to have a waist.  Robyn looks rough.  I can't wait - I am totally the geek in ninth grade English class who secretly clapped her hands with glee when the teacher assigned another book report. 🙂

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I'll watch it. As hard as I try, I can't quit Sister Wives. 

I get it.  I didn’t say I wouldn’t watch it, of course I want to watch AND snark, but I’m NOT going to share my Valentine’s Day with those pathetic fools!  I can laugh at their fakery on February 15th or 16th or whenever.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Why does the article keep saying "Season 10" 

It becomes very confusing when counting seasons.  They have been doing the show for 10 years, but when they were at the peak of their popularity, 2011 - 2015, we were treated to two rounds of shows, Spring and Fall as I recall.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Ditto.  This board is as close as I want to get.   Every single voice of that group is like fingernails on a blackboard.

Meri's voice is especially bothersome to me.  She has a knack for whining and gargling at the same time.  I always want to yell at her...clear your throat before you speak!

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Why does the article keep saying "Season 10" 

On discovery plus they have broken all the seasons up into just 9. So this will be season 10 on discovery plus.

• Useful 3

Kody got one thing right when he says at the end of the teaser clip "maybe the trauma problem in this family is me"!  Viewers have known this since the first episode.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Kody got one thing right when he says at the end of the teaser clip "maybe the trauma problem in this family is me"!  Viewers have known this since the first episode.

One of my favorite quotes from Justified: If you wake up in the morning and run into an asshole, he’s an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you’re the asshole. Words to live by.

• LOL 5
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Janelle announced it on her Strive Facebook page, and her Instagram. None of the others have, yet.

8800CBAB-F1CC-40DF-ABFF-94513AFCAF80.jpeg

Was TLC not invested enough in this program to spring for a new promo "pitcher".  I recall this one from several seasons ago, the footwear is outstanding :(

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Was TLC not invested enough in this program to spring for a new promo "pitcher".  I recall this one from several seasons ago, the footwear is outstanding :(

Yeah that's def an old photo Janelle is using. 

https://people.com/tv/sister-wives-season-10-supertease-kody-brown-wife-relationships-under-strain/

People magazine has what appears to be a more recent one. 

PS Christine doesn't look like she's lost that much weight. Just enough to thin out her face. 

• Love 10

I’m a little embarrassed how excited I am. I would never admit it in real life, but I can’t wait for this crap fest to begin!  Bring on the fake tears, eye boogers, Kody being a Neanderthal, Janelle blinding everybody with her ghost white legs, I am here for it all!  Let the whatever season this is of snarking begin!

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
59 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Yeah that's def an old photo Janelle is using. 

https://people.com/tv/sister-wives-season-10-supertease-kody-brown-wife-relationships-under-strain/

People magazine has what appears to be a more recent one. 

PS Christine doesn't look like she's lost that much weight. Just enough to thin out her face. 

Those People Mag photos make them all look horrible.  I don't know if it's just the top but Janelle looks bigger than a house now and those portraits look like fright masks.  Christine looks like she's gained back a little weight too.  Couldn't they find better photos or are they just looking that much rougher these days?

I will admit that I will be watching.  I've watched since the beginning and can't go back now.  Even my husband got sucked in and has hate-watched with me for the last few seasons.  We have fun making snarky comments while we're watching, which definitely helps!

• Love 13

Meri posts on Instagram that she loves Kody and they're a married couple, then goes on television and claims they are mostly over, then gets pissed off when people point out that the two things can't be true at one time and claims that "editing" is the real problem, or that they only show a tiny slice of her life overall. Except her actual Instagram reflects what is on the show, that Kody is almost never actually with her. The mind boggles. One of the Brown kids needs to write a memoir. I vote for Logan or Maddie to do it. They could do a whole TLC former reality kids memoir series with kids from all the various fucked up TLC families.

• Useful 2
  • Love 21
11 hours ago, Kbo said:

I’m a little embarrassed how excited I am. I would never admit it in real life, but I can’t wait for this crap fest to begin!  Bring on the fake tears, eye boogers, Kody being a Neanderthal, Janelle blinding everybody with her ghost white legs, I am here for it all!  Let the whatever season this is of snarking begin!

I just find the show snooze inducing so I'll look forward to the snark and recaps here! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I just find the show snooze inducing so I'll look forward to the snark and recaps here! 

The recaps are far more entertaining than anything they could come up with.  And I don't have to see or hear them.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

From the People article about this season's teaser:

In a confessional, Robyn says: "If you know that she's actually trying to sabotage your relationship with Kody, you can't trust her."

WHOA.  Pot, meet kettle!  Wonder who Robyn's talking about.  Is someone actually attempting to dethrone the Dark Queen?  Don't they realize the dangerous powers of her wicked magic?  (pulls up a comfy chair grabs the chips and dip sips the wine pen and paper at the ready)

If it's not already obvious, I will gleefully recap this first episode unless someone else rilly rilly wants it. 🤓

Yes, please.  Your recaps are golden!

• Love 20
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

In a confessional, Robyn says: "If you know that she's actually trying to sabotage your relationship with Kody, you can't trust her."

WHOA.  Pot, meet kettle!  Wonder who Robyn's talking about.  Is someone actually attempting to dethrone the Dark Queen?  Don't they realize the dangerous powers of her wicked magic?  (pulls up a comfy chair grabs the chips and dip sips the wine pen and paper at the ready)

If it's not already obvious, I will gleefully recap this first episode unless someone else rilly rilly wants it. 🤓

I would love for this to be Christine - maybe she is a stealthy bitch! It’s definitely not Jenelle, since she barely has the energy to exist. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Yaaaaaaassss, bitch! Recap the heck out of it!! (Also, I wasn’t really calling you a bitch!) 🤝💖

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

If this is the season that Robin gets (what my grandfather used to call) her “comeuppance,” I’m here for it.  After many seasons of watching the other three wail and gnash their teeth because they realize that Robin is a two faced, soft speaking, gently weeping, fraction of a husband stealing bitch, I would watch the hell out of a season where her evil empire and delusions of grandeur crumble into a heap.  In my mind, and I’ve said this before, the only fitting retribution is if Meri, Christine and Janelle leave Kootie with his Queen and the show gets cancelled, only to be replaced by a NEW show about how the three cast offs navigate their transition from concubines to free and dignified women.  How empowering.  How enlightening.  How deliciously full of karma and satisfying that would be!  I don’t even need to see how the newly broke Kootie, Robo and their spawn fare in their new reality.  It’s much better to just use my imagination and not throw any money their way for air time, even for a quick catch up.  Let Peolpe Magazine do an interview with them and I may read it.  Can I be the one to say to Robo “back to the trailer for you missy”?  👉👉👉👉👉👉👉

Edited by HighlandWarriorGrl
  • LOL 2
  • Love 20
15 hours ago, Kbo said:

This is a feel good show.  It makes me feel good about myself and my life.       

(Paraphrased from Trevor Noah talking about something else)

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14
22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Janelle announced it on her Strive Facebook page, and her Instagram. None of the others have, yet.

8800CBAB-F1CC-40DF-ABFF-94513AFCAF80.jpeg

I’m LOLing over this teaser thing!  Watching Meri clutch a despairing Christine and declare with outstretched hand that Christine doesn’t get to give up!  This show has gone telenovela and I’m here for it.   

• LOL 7
  • Love 9

I hope Christine finally leaves Kody! Bad Meri encouraging her to stay. Robyn looked annoyed during their video chat. I guess because Kody was with Janelle lol. Kody can be so mean,when Meri was crying in the car,he didn't try to comfort her at all. I don't know how these women live this lifestyle.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, deirdra said:

I know what you mean!  I am thankful I wasn't born into this, or any, cult.  

• Love 10
8 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:
15 hours ago, deirdra said:

I know what you mean!  I am thankful I wasn't born into this, or any, cult.  

I totally agree!  And just to note - Janelle was not raised in a polygamous family.  She chose this shit.  I truly don't understand how anyone can consider her the 'smart' one.  I know it is a pretty low bar with this group.  But still.  🙂

Janelle also divorced Meri's brother to marry Meri's husband.  It's quite the tongue twister.   

Speaking of which, one of my favorite things said on this forum back in the day (I am so sorry I can't give a shout out don't remember who) - their family tree... is a wreath.

Edited by Xena
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, Xena said:

I truly don't understand how anyone can consider her the 'smart' one.  I know it is a pretty low bar with this group.  But still.  🙂

Janelle also divorced Meri's brother to marry Meri's husband.  It's quite the tongue twister.   

For the reasons stated above, and a host of others (her real estate career, etc.), I agree that Janelle is not the smart one.  Say what you will about Meri, and I already agree that she has a personality of a rattle snake, but I think she is the smart one.  She is the only one of those women with an exit plan and she pretty much does as she pleases.  Granted, it’s because Kootie no longer wants her, but he no longer wants three of them and she is getting the benefits of having an independent income and an empty nest.  I also think that Meri’s ugly personality is a direct product of the joys of polygamy.  I think the life style puts you in situations that make you ugly.  Yes, she chose it, but I’m not sure if she had family pressure or not.  I still think she is smart and shrewd, but a crazy bitch.

• Love 23
29 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

For the reasons stated above, and a host of others (her real estate career, etc.), I agree that Janelle is not the smart one.  Say what you will about Meri, and I already agree that she has a personality of a rattle snake, but I think she is the smart one.  She is the only one of those women with an exit plan and she pretty much does as she pleases.  Granted, it’s because Kootie no longer wants her, but he no longer wants three of them and she is getting the benefits of having an independent income and an empty nest.  I also think that Meri’s ugly personality is a direct product of the joys of polygamy.  I think the life style puts you in situations that make you ugly.  Yes, she chose it, but I’m not sure if she had family pressure or not.  I still think she is smart and shrewd, but a crazy bitch.

Meri seems like such a contradiction with her behavior.  She seems ego-driven to win back Kody's affection and demeans herself by her actions.  Asking Kody what would happen if she leaned over and kissed him in the preview clip and when they went to Flagstaff to look at property, she was asking him leading questions to elicit positive responses to her overtures...to no avail.  She seems hellbent on some kind of a declaration of love from Kody and I think she will keep at it until she feels satisfied that she was his first and only true love.  Once she feels that she could have him back if she wanted him, she will then exit the situation feeling that she has "won".  She may be in for a rude awakening, any lingering sentiments he may have felt for what they once had, are diminished by her clinging on like sh*t on your shoe.

• Love 15
26 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Meri seems like such a contradiction with her behavior.  She seems ego-driven to win back Kody's affection and demeans herself by her actions.  Asking Kody what would happen if she leaned over and kissed him in the preview clip and when they went to Flagstaff to look at property, she was asking him leading questions to elicit positive responses to her overtures...to no avail.  She seems hellbent on some kind of a declaration of love from Kody and I think she will keep at it until she feels satisfied that she was his first and only true love.  Once she feels that she could have him back if she wanted him, she will then exit the situation feeling that she has "won".  She may be in for a rude awakening, any lingering sentiments he may have felt for what they once had, are diminished by her clinging on like sh*t on your shoe.

In the teaser her elicitations were responded to by Kody saying "romance and sex are for people who are in love". In other words, "I'm not in love with you, Meri".  The same thing happened when she was flirting with Kodouche when he was trying to back up a moving van into her second(?) rental and back when they were checking out possible rentals before they moved to Flag. They were staying in a hotel, Meri was being lovey dovey, and Kody announces that he specifically asked for a room with separate beds and he's taking the other one.  You've clearly struck out, Meri.  Don't keep humiliating yourself. He's not worth it.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 20

They really missed the boat when they rejected the fifth “wife” plot line.  I believe ratings would’ve SKYrocketed if Kody had courted, married, and impregnated another youngish wife.  She and Robyn could’ve been pregnant at the same time!  But instead we had to sit through a fake adoption, a fake recommitment, and a fake boyfriend.  It makes me wonder how committed these people were to real success.  And NOW they’ve chosen to drag us again through the misery of C-19.  I don’t know if I’m going to feel like being triggered every week.

Edited by Just Wondering
Repetition
  • Love 11
20 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I think he would look better if he cut it short.

Both his brothers who shaved off their hair looked much better than ramennoodlehead Kootie.  I keep hoping one of his kids goes after it with scissors or clippers while Dad is napping.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

Both his brothers who shaved off their hair looked much better than ramennoodlehead Kootie.  I keep hoping one of his kids goes after it with scissors or clippers while Dad is napping.

There was an episode where the wives said they liked his long hair. His hair would look better if he himself was less of an asshole. That picture above looks totally photoshopped too, or a stylist spent a really long time making Kody's hairline look better. They're hiding his widow's peak hair line.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Hello.  Im watching SW S12 E2 Groomzilla.

I have to say that,  Mykelti deserves better. I really really do not like Tony. He is disrespectful,  rude, racist, arrogant. Macho...need I say more. Mykelti deserves better. Marrying into some Hispanic families require the female to "stand down". He keeps being condescending to the parents and bringing the " white" word up quite a bit. To the curb!!!

• Love 3
On 1/22/2021 at 5:23 AM, laurakaye said:

It wouldn't be the premiere episode without your snark!

I'm interested in recapping some episodes this season, too. I'm flexing my fingers in anticipation!

• Love 11

I don't have cable so I got the Discovery+  on ROKU for all of my guilty, bad t.v. pleasures.  Lo and behold SW is one of the offerings on the channels.  I had sworn off this show, but since it's included in the package I can tune in on an episode here and there.  The show is so boring that it's the snarkfest here I really look forward to. So let's gather together all of our best snarkers, and have at it.  😁

• Love 10
On 1/23/2021 at 2:47 PM, deirdra said:

In the teaser her elicitations were responded to by Kody saying "romance and sex are for people who are in love". In other words, "I'm not in love with you, Meri".  The same thing happened when she was flirting with Kodouche when he was trying to back up a moving van into her second(?) rental and back when they were checking out possible rentals before they moved to Flag. They were staying in a hotel, Meri was being lovey dovey, and Kody announces that he specifically asked for a room with separate beds and he's taking the other one.  You've clearly struck out, Meri.  Don't keep humiliating yourself. He's not worth it.

Kody appears to be nauseated by her romantically--truly disgusted. He probably can't stand the sight of her or the sound of her whiny voice. I think last season he indicated that, knowing what he knows now, marrying Meri was a mistake.  I don't know why she keeps trying--it certainly doesn't convey that "strong, independent" vibe she claims she has. It's more like "clingy, nutty, repeatedly rejected woman can't take a hint." I'm no fan of Meri and find her to be fake in many facets, but Kody really isn't worth her efforts any more. 

You can't go back in time, Meri. You won't "win" him back--he doesn't even like you. Work on yourself first--figure out who you really are, deal with your bullshit and get your confidence back, then maybe try to find love with someone else (who's a real person). 

• Love 13

Hopefully I can still watch this show on Hulu.  If it ends up on Discovery Plus only, I don't know if I want to pay for another streaming service.

Plus I think I heard that their time slot is now Sunday at 10pm?  Past my bedtime for sure, so we shall see if I can get it on demand the following morning like I used to.  I wish these streaming channels would just leave my stupid guilty tv shows alone and stop making me chase them down like I'm desperate for a hit of snark or something. 😎

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8