Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

Just now, TurtlePower said:

Ok so, now that Christine has left, does this mean the show has not been renewed and is done? I’m not sure how it all works with their contracts. 

And if this is the case, will Janelle and Meri be the next to go? I can’t see Janelle going, she’s too reliant on Kody and isn’t exactly successful at her “business”.

Meri has the means, but hangs on for some reason even though she has admitted her relationship with Kody is basically “dead”. 

Janelle I believe can get back into the work force.  It may take a little while, but I believe she has skills that will help her get a job.  

Not sure about the show.  You know when one of the other wives left in that other show Seeking Sister wives?  They removed the entire family from the show.  It could be if Christine dishes on the situation she might still be a part of it, getting a little salary from it.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Ok so, now that Christine has left, does this mean the show has not been renewed and is done? I’m not sure how it all works with their contracts. 

And if this is the case, will Janelle and Meri be the next to go? I can’t see Janelle going, she’s too reliant on Kody and isn’t exactly successful at her “business”.

Meri has the means, but hangs on for some reason even though she has admitted her relationship with Kody is basically “dead”. 

Janelle isn’t leaving. She seems content with having Kody around every now an then. It’s funny you call her reliant on Kody. In my mind she’s always been the most independent one.

We’ll see what the future holds for the show, but it wouldn’t surprise me if this is it. Not much has happened over the past few years, nor is there any indication anything is going to happen. They’ve also completely moved away from the show’s original theme: living a polygamist life….

• Love 9
1 minute ago, LilyD said:

Not much has happened over the past few years, nor is there any indication anything is going to happen.

And it sounds like the upcoming season will be a rerun of the whole Covid isolation crap and we're all totally over it after 2 years.  I couldn't care less about their arguments over quarantining.  We already know there hasn't been any movement on the Prairie Dog Plains so no story there.  Mykelti's kid is getting ready for college so her birth is old news as well.  Boring rehashes.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

So in the preview for season 16 they had a scene where Meri is sharing dinner with Robyn and family at their beautifully set table. I honestly think the arc will be that Christine is the villain for making waves and leaving. Meri is working her way back into the good graces via her relationship with Robyn. And of course Janelle is still thinking about communication...and fishing.

Anyone notice the pattern over the last decade or so? When Robyn is close with Meri, Christine has a troubled marriage with Kody. But when Meri is having trouble with Kody and therefore also Robyn, Christine experiences a better relationship with Kody and Robyn. The key to Kody, is to unlock Robyn but she can only accept one other. Meri or Christine. They flip flop.

• Useful 9
  • Love 2

I'm leaning toward the show continuing, with Christine. Lets face it, as others have noted, the show has been on rinse and repeat for a while. Christine leaving shakes things up and gives the show some real content.

• Love 22
28 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm leaning toward the show continuing, with Christine. Lets face it, as others have noted, the show has been on rinse and repeat for a while. Christine leaving shakes things up and gives the show some real content.

I totally agree.  They all have a financial interest in continuing the show so it's in their interest to use anything to create more drama for the show.  Christine leaving is perfect fodder for that.  It's far more interesting than anything else they have right now.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Christine leaving shakes things up and gives the show some real content.

But not for, what, a year or more?  The new season in already in the can and will purportedly be the endless rehash of pandemic crap. the birth of Avalon, and Janelle camping out on the Plague Plains which are decidedly old news and of no interest.

So if they incorporate the departure of Christine, that won't appear for a year or more.  By then, who will care?  Heck, I don't care now but for the fans who probably follow every move on Twitter, the whole story will be stale.  

Who wants to bet they end this season with some sort of (dun-dun) cliff hanging ending with Christine saying "I have something to tell you all" and fade to black?  As if to entice us to wait with bated breath for an announcement that we are already tired of.

• Love 18
54 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

But not for, what, a year or more?  The new season in already in the can and will purportedly be the endless rehash of pandemic crap. the birth of Avalon, and Janelle camping out on the Plague Plains which are decidedly old news and of no interest.

So if they incorporate the departure of Christine, that won't appear for a year or more.  By then, who will care?  Heck, I don't care now but for the fans who probably follow every move on Twitter, the whole story will be stale.  

Who wants to bet they end this season with some sort of (dun-dun) cliff hanging ending with Christine saying "I have something to tell you all" and fade to black?  As if to entice us to wait with bated breath for an announcement that we are already tired of.

The producers have added/re-edited episodes to the end of seasons before.  In season 8, when the divorce leaked online as the season had just started airing, they added the divorce storyline onto the end of the season.  And again in season 9, the catfish was dumping all the voicemails and photos online when the season just started and they added that to the storyline at the end of the season. 

I wouldn't be surprised if something like a long interview with Christine is added to the end of this up coming season.

• Useful 5
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, LilyD said:

Janelle isn’t leaving. She seems content with having Kody around every now an then. It’s funny you call her reliant on Kody. In my mind she’s always been the most independent one.

We’ll see what the future holds for the show, but it wouldn’t surprise me if this is it. Not much has happened over the past few years, nor is there any indication anything is going to happen. They’ve also completely moved away from the show’s original theme: living a polygamist life….

I don’t know if Janelle is truly independent any more. Maybe once, when she left for a time (which surprised me because this is the same woman who doesn’t seem to know basic things in life or how things work). I don’t know how she survived, except maybe by eating sauerkraut from cans the whole time. I suppose now there’s the TLC $$ and Janelle is too comfortable to be bothered to pack up and go. 

Janelle once adamantly said she wasn’t going to Flagstaff, is admittedly tired of all the bullshit and yet she stays, the lump that she is, because it’s hard work starting over. If she leaves, I’ll be both happy and surprised. 

Meri, however, is the tick embedded in Kody’s skin that he cannot extract. She’ll never go, no matter how much he is repulsed by her. I used to think she’d be the first to go, but she’s too scared. 

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Anyone notice the pattern over the last decade or so? When Robyn is close with Meri, Christine has a troubled marriage with Kody. But when Meri is having trouble with Kody and therefore also Robyn, Christine experiences a better relationship with Kody and Robyn.

Do you know what both Julius Caesar and Napoleon have said?
Divide et Impera, meaning Divide and Conquer (or Divide and Rule

You can see this strategy in full operational mode in this stupid tv show, with Robyn and Kody fully utilizing this strategy to the max…

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Meri, however, is the tick embedded in Kody’s skin that he cannot extract. She’ll never go, no matter how much he is repulsed by her. I used to think she’d be the first to go, but she’s too scared. 

I wonder if on some level Meri is waiting for Kody to come to his senses, dump Robyn, and come back to her.  The hell of it is, if Robyn did leave him, he might actually do that.

• Love 6

Who wants to place bets that:

1. Christine left a while ago and just posted it as a bait click for the new season.
  2. The "reveal" will come in the last episode (because people are all hooked and watching for the moment) and it will come in the last five minutes with "I'm leaving", shocked looks, and fade to black thus ensuring another season.

Check with your local bookie for odds.

• LOL 6
  • Love 16
13 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Who wants to place bets that:

1. Christine left a while ago and just posted it as a bait click for the new season.
  2. The "reveal" will come in the last episode (because people are all hooked and watching for the moment) and it will come in the last five minutes with "I'm leaving", shocked looks, and fade to black thus ensuring another season.

Check with your local bookie for odds.

Definitely the first. They have been running commercials today highlighting Christine's unhappiness and how she wants to move back to Utah. This was all carefully timed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I don’t have faith that Christine leaving will be part of this season.  I feel like her announcement would have been timely last year.  I think production had a say in it.  This season will be more angst from angry Kody.   The real leaving might be next season if there is one.  The show is so behind and rehashes the same thing over and over.  They shouldn’t have allowed Kody to control the narrative 

1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Definitely the first. They have been running commercials today highlighting Christine's unhappiness and how she wants to move back to Utah. This was all carefully timed.

Yes.  All timed.  

Edited by Meowwww
So not do
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Fosca said:

I wonder if on some level Meri is waiting for Kody to come to his senses, dump Robyn, and come back to her.  The hell of it is, if Robyn did leave him, he might actually do that.

I doubt it. Kody is visibly repulsed by Meri. He doesn’t love her and he is not attracted to her. I’d venture to say he loathes Meri and wishes she’d also go away—in fact, he once claimed Meri “tricked” him into marrying her  

He’d find a new wife if Robyn left. 

• Love 13

I’m sure Kody could find another wife as there are lots of idiots in the world.
I do question if he could find multiple wives. If they were younger women they would probably want lots of babies which I don’t think Kody wants or has the financial capability to support. 

If they were older women Kody would just be trading his existing wives for women who would have the same issues with him once the honeymoon was over.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Shelbie said:

I’m sure Kody could find another wife as there are lots of idiots in the world.
I do question if he could find multiple wives. If they were younger women they would probably want lots of babies which I don’t think Kody wants or has the financial capability to support. 

If they were older women Kody would just be trading his existing wives for women who would have the same issues with him once the honeymoon was over.

I think he definitely decreased his options by appearing on TV. Anyone who has watched more than one episode of the show is likely to run the other way.

• LOL 9
  • Love 7

I'm so confused re time-line. Sure it is not a coincidence that Christine announced her separation with a few weeks till season premiere. All for ratings. So when do you smart snarkers think Christine decided to walk away, over a year ago? This is all nuts,  but good for Christine. He's treated her like dirt since the show started. Way to put yourself and Truly 1st for once Christine. 

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

I'm so confused re time-line. Sure it is not a coincidence that Christine announced her separation with a few weeks till season premiere. All for ratings. So when do you smart snarkers think Christine decided to walk away, over a year ago? This is all nuts,  but good for Christine. He's treated her like dirt since the show started. Way to put yourself and Truly 1st for once Christine. 

I'm guessing after Ysabel's surgery.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, Teafortwo said:

I'm guessing after Ysabel's surgery.

This would be my bet also.

Not right after he said Ysabel could go by herself...that line on the show that upset all viewers so badly, because while Christine may have been upset with that, Kody could "explain it away" and calm her down, I bet. Narcs are good at that.

But I'll bet his actions during that very serious surgery may have shown Christine how little she and her kids mattered in a way that she just couldn't overlook anymore. Or should I say, lack of action...because you know he did nothing but sit there in his mansion, telling her how unsafe it would be for him to be with unwashed miscreants like her and her daughter.

• Love 13

I’m quite sure Christine broke up with Kody months ago. The signs were there and picked up straight away by this forum. We all noted how Christine traveled all over the US without Kody, how Kody was removed from the deed, how her house was suddenly on sale and last but not least; both Christine and Kody’s odd (vicious) remarks during the shows that were definitely not acting! The Browns are very poor actors and Kody’s contempt, and in Christine’s case, distress were all too real.  And with most  broken relationships, it may take a while to sort things out emotionally, legally and financially. 
But I agree, the timing of the news is interesting….

• Useful 2
  • Love 18

I feel I should elaborate on my remark “the Browns are poor actors”:

If there was anything that shocked me last season, it was beady-eyed Kody going beserk over his wives and unhappy marriages. That wasn’t acting, he was a loose cannon. Kody showed his true colours. Christine’s distress was at some points very real and it was amusing to see how people around them sometimes looked with a “what the heck??-face (as in, that wasn’t in the script!)

We have seen the Browns acting on many occasions and it’s mediocre at best.

• Think about Kody and Meri’s ‘marriage’. We all knew it was over after Sam despite all their efforts. 
  • Think about Robyn with her sincere and loving intentions when joining the family.
  • The strange, much discussed church service with cardboard boxes as an altar.
  • The adoption scene. 
  • Prairie Dog plague Pass…

well I am sure everyone is able to expand this list. The common denominator: nice try but we’re not buying this crap!! It’s so obvious when a scene is set up and they’re acting and when it’s spontaneous footage.

• Love 18
On 11/3/2021 at 3:54 AM, GeeGolly said:

THIS. And basically shows Meri up as the main “drama draw” for the show. I’m honestly tired of Meri’s own “rinse repeat” routine of “I’m unhappy” and then on social media “I’m not going anywhere”. YAWN. There’s only so many seasons we’ll fall for that shit. 

This? Is some real drama and it’s Christine being the strong, brave one (and not Meri). 

• Love 15

Christine leaving is going to cause giant ratings (relatively speaking) for the show. I watched the beginning of Friday's with Friends and Meri expressed astonishment that they had 1600 viewers right at the start. She then made the disclaimer that if anyone asked about her family she would have no comment. I'm  not sure what the usual live audience is for FWF but I'd guess around 200 max based on Meri's surprise at the 1600. She said "that can't be accurate."

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Christine leaving is going to cause giant ratings (relatively speaking) for the show. I watched the beginning of Friday's with Friends and Meri expressed astonishment that they had 1600 viewers right at the start. She then made the disclaimer that if anyone asked about her family she would have no comment. I'm  not sure what the usual live audience is for FWF but I'd guess around 200 max based on Meri's surprise at the 1600. She said "that can't be accurate."

Someone also commented how the number dropped significantly after she made the disclaimer. Imagine? 🤣😂

• Useful 2
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Someone also commented how the number dropped significantly after she made the disclaimer. Imagine? 🤣😂

All of the people on this shit show seem to believe they are fascinating, intriguing, and witty, and that people will line up to hear what they have to say on any subject. They seem to think they can issue that "no show talk, no family talk" rule and the masses will still be interested.

They all fail to realize that without each other and their bizarre lifestyle, they are just five boring, basic people, with nothing of interest to say.

• Love 17
41 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

All of the people on this shit show seem to believe they are fascinating, intriguing, and witty, and that people will line up to hear what they have to say on any subject. They seem to think they can issue that "no show talk, no family talk" rule and the masses will still be interested.

They all fail to realize that without each other and their bizarre lifestyle, they are just five boring, basic people, with nothing of interest to say.

Do I hear Bingo ?

😂

• LOL 10
On 11/4/2021 at 5:41 PM, GeeGolly said:

I think he definitely decreased his options by appearing on TV. Anyone who has watched more than one episode of the show is likely to run the other way.

I doubt this decreased his options. The world is full of self-centred idiots looking for their 10 minutes of fame. Starring in an “established” reality show may just be the perfect opportunity. And they still have plenty of fans (who keep the LulaNo and Plexus ships afloat as well). 
Also, there are those looking to improve their life. They see women in big houses, not working (or only a little) and think “yep, I’d happily exchange my trailer for that.” —>Robyn cough cough…

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I doubt this decreased his options. The world is full of self-centred idiots looking for their 10 minutes of fame.

Sadly, too true.  There are legions of people out there who will subject themselves to all kinds of humiliating acts for some screen time.  Social media is overrun with videos of these folks whose self esteem is non-existent.

• Love 13

Does this season pick up right where the last season ended? So when they talk about the holidays, will they be talking about last year? I'm more interested in how they are spending the holidays this year with Christine having left Kody officially. 

I started to re-watch the last episode of last season, and they talk about Ysabel having surgery in September. Was that September 2020, or September 2021? 

All of the people on this shit show seem to believe they are fascinating, intriguing, and witty, and that people will line up to hear what they have to say on any subject.

Well, here we are talking about them and getting ready to watch their new season. So they're not wrong.

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Well, here we are talking about them and getting ready to watch their new season. So they're not wrong.

I doubt that any of us considers them fascination, intriguing, or witty.  Nor would I believe them if they said the sun will rise in the east. The interest, in my opinion, is watching this set of morons make mistake after mistake. 

Of course, I haven't watched since the original fake Flight From Persecution.  I get all I need from our erudite posters.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

Does this season pick up right where the last season ended? So when they talk about the holidays, will they be talking about last year? I'm more interested in how they are spending the holidays this year with Christine having left Kody officially. 

I started to re-watch the last episode of last season, and they talk about Ysabel having surgery in September. Was that September 2020, or September 2021? 

There’s also the phenomenon of “hate watching”. I watch these people because I dislike most of them (but felt kinda neutral about Christine). 

I was admittedly full of glee with catfish-gate (with Meri trying to lie her way out of it) and greatly enjoyed watching her make an ass out of herself. Even watching her cry was entertaining because she usually deserved whatever made her cry in the first place. But, after a while, it became boring.

Last season bored me to death until the end when Christine said she was done with marriage to Kody. In that raw moment, I believed her. Now that she’s left, we know for sure it was genuine (and I got to hate on Meri for her dumbass “you don’t get to quit” comment). 

The hate-watcher in me wants to watch this family buckle. Except for the kids who get dragged along, these idiots’ mistakes and misdoings are the reason I watch them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
46 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

There’s also the phenomenon of “hate watching”. I watch these people because I dislike most of them (but felt kinda neutral about Christine). 

I was admittedly full of glee with catfish-gate (with Meri trying to lie her way out of it) and greatly enjoyed watching her make an ass out of herself. Even watching her cry was entertaining because she usually deserved whatever made her cry in the first place. But, after a while, it became boring.

Last season bored me to death until the end when Christine said she was done with marriage to Kody. In that raw moment, I believed her. Now that she’s left, we know for sure it was genuine (and I got to hate on Meri for her dumbass “you don’t get to quit” comment). 

The hate-watcher in me wants to watch this family buckle. Except for the kids who get dragged along, these idiots’ mistakes and misdoings are the reason I watch them. 

I understand the phenomena completely.  Initially I started watching because I was acquainted with a woman that as a young teenager had been daringly rescued by her grandmother from one of the extreme sects of polygamy.  In her instance, there would have been no choice in the selection of a mate.  

It fascinated me that aside from the cults where there is usually no escape, there were women that willingly engaged in this practice and hoped to learn the benefits derived by sharing a husband and father for my children.  I'm still waiting.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I doubt that any of us considers them fascination, intriguing, or witty.  Nor would I believe them if they said the sun will rise in the east.

Well, I find them pretty fascinating and intriguing!☺️ Maybe not in the way they intended, but fascinating nonetheless! In a rather bad, shocked, annoying and sometimes amusing way.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I'm more interested in how they are spending the holidays this year with Christine having left Kody officially. 

You will be waiting a LONG, LONG time to see anything on this show about how things are AFTER Christine leaves Kody.

There won't be anything about it this season...Christine saying "That's it, I'm done" will be the last scene of the season as the screen fades to black with the words "Stay tuned for the next shocking season of SISTER WIVES!!!"

That's as much of the Christine leaving stuff as we're going to get, I'll bet you anything.

• Love 18

I started watching Sister Wives because I was intrigued with their lifestyle. Then I was sucked in. I did quit watching for a time because - Kody, but I happened upon a day of the show playing back to back and got sucked back in.

I watch now because - well, I'm not really sure why, but I do.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Sasha888 said:

There won't be anything about it this season...Christine saying "That's it, I'm done" will be the last scene of the season as the screen fades to black with the words "Stay tuned for the next shocking season of SISTER WIVES!!!"

Yep, precisely what I posted the day the news broke.  They are going to try to ride this out for years to come.  The 2023 season will include Christine's move to Utah and the whole fascinating RV storage plot (riveting) and endless interviews with Sobyn weeping about her inability to cope with this upheaval to her massive happy poly family.  We may even be treated to a dramatic hysterical meltdown by the drama queen kid of Sobyn's because of the stress.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Yep, precisely what I posted the day the news broke.  They are going to try to ride this out for years to come.  The 2023 season will include Christine's move to Utah and the whole fascinating RV storage plot (riveting) and endless interviews with Sobyn weeping about her inability to cope with this upheaval to her massive happy poly family.  We may even be treated to a dramatic hysterical meltdown by the drama queen kid of Sobyn's because of the stress.

Exactly..."Christine leaves!" is the new "Catfish!"

Now let's talk about it for years....

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

I watch now because - well, I'm not really sure why, but I do.

I don't know why I watch it either. I never used to watch reality tv and now, not only do I watch a ton of it but I've abandoned the only higher quality show I used to watch (Project Runway) and I watch this and a bunch of other crap. Why do I do it?

Now let's talk about it for years....

I got nowhere else to be...

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I initially watched because I'm fascinated by cults. Now I watch because I enjoy a good dumpster fire every now and then and prefer not to have them be part of my personal life. Plus, I want to see Kody and Robyn end up broken, alone, and hating one another but forced to live together anyway. 

Not very noble, but it's my truth.

Edited by NoWhammies
  • LOL 12
  • Love 9

I initially watched because I'm fascinated by cults. Now I watch because I enjoy a good dumpster fire every now and then and prefer not to have them be part of my personal life. Plus, I want to see Kody and Robyn end up broken, alone, and hating one another but forced to live together anyway. 

I also watch for the dumpster fire entertainment. I watch 90 Day Fiance for the same reason.

Remember when Meri had to maybe evacuate her rental home because there was a forest fire, and it was a complete chaotic shit show? With Meri snapping at people and finding her marriage certificate? That kind of entertainment is why I watch. 

I don't understand people who think it's more noble not to watch the show, but to come on here to find out what happened on the show. Just watch the show. 

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Remember when Meri had to maybe evacuate her rental home because there was a forest fire, and it was a complete chaotic shit show? With Meri snapping at people and finding her marriage certificate? That kind of entertainment is why I watch. 

A few months ago, I was re-reading that episode thread for some reason, and I had forgotten most of the details of the episode. People were commenting so much on Meri's behavior that I couldn't stand it anymore, so I looked up that episode and re-watched it.

It was festival of glorious, rude, self-centered, nasty, bitchy, vintage Meri Brown. And you're right, I was entertained!

I was kind of ashamed of myself for enjoying it so much, but I was entertained!

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I also watch for the dumpster fire entertainment. I watch 90 Day Fiance for the same reason.

I don't understand people who think it's more noble not to watch the show, but to come on here to find out what happened on the show. Just watch the show. 

I initially began watching because I wanted to know what 'modern' polygamy was like. It was intriguing that the Browns made it seem like it all meshed rather well (lol oh boy that didn't last) I stopped watching for a while, because I had no one to snark with over their shenanigans.

It's so much more fun to read here and get other's perspectives from the episodes and revel in the snark.

To address the bolded : I don't believe anyone here thinks they're noble for not watching, I think it's more like they just couldn't stand it after a while; or don't want to support the family with their view numbers. They instead choose to engage here on the forum, where it's a lot more fun and interesting than the show. (At least this is how I've perceived it from what's been posted over time.)

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I initially began watching because I wanted to know what 'modern' polygamy was like. It was intriguing that the Browns made it seem like it all meshed rather well (lol oh boy that didn't last) I stopped watching for a while, because I had no one to snark with over their shenanigans.

It's so much more fun to read here and get other's perspectives from the episodes and revel in the snark.

To address the bolded : I don't believe anyone here thinks they're noble for not watching, I think it's more like they just couldn't stand it after a while; or don't want to support the family with their view numbers. They instead choose to engage here on the forum, where it's a lot more fun and interesting than the show. (At least this is how I've perceived it from what's been posted over time.)

i watch, but I get it why some of our posters don't.  Cult behavior is both fascinating and horrifying to me.  I agree that engaging on the forum is more fun and interesting than the actual show.  Snarking is good for the soul, as one of our members described it.  🙃

• Love 14