Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, LilyD said:

You are partly right: if neither parent has the gene for this specific disease, it is caused by a spontaneous mutation. This is rare, but it can happen. 

So it comes to this: Do Maddie and/or  Caleb carry this gene or was it a spontaneous mutation? If it proves to be genetic, then not all kids necessarily have to have it. With genetic diseases, kids can either be affected, a carrier or unaffected.  If they are thinking about a third child, it would be very wise to check whether they are carrying the gene... 

And then there is also the trigger theory -  so that if there is a genetic predisposition, was it triggered to express  through exposure to some environmental cause. From what I am reading, they don't really know all the factors of causation yet.

But yes they should see a geneticist before having more kids IMHO

• Love 5
On 4/18/2021 at 11:58 AM, Tuxcat said:

Don't get be wrong but I'm a little bit on Kody's side with this clip. The constant analysis of their fillings and group dynamics. The constant struggle to all get on the same page. The constant therapy sessions. Always dissecting their communication styles but NEVER actually communicating. I'd be done too on this one.

Though he is mostly to blame as he didn't nurture the individual relationships and honor those fillings. If they each felt honored individually - all this group work would be much more successful.

Then he shouldn't have chosen marital relationships with 4 women. WTF did he expect?

5 hours ago, LilyD said:

Yes, I just read that post. It was from someone wondering whether there was a (genetic) relation between Evie having Fatco and her older brother who had something as well. 

As far as I'm aware Fatco has a genetic cause, meaning that it somehow runs in the family. A disease like this can be passed on for generations (those people being healthy but carriers) and won't show its ugly head until a carrier meets someone who happens to be a carrier too. You usually don't know until the birth of a child. (This is the simple version, I decided not to elaborate on this too much in this post)

As for Apraxia: Axel seems to be having Congenital Apraxia, meaning he was born with it. This case of Apraxia is less common. Most cases of Apraxia find their origin in strokes, brain tumors etc. I have never paid much attention to Axel's speech but maybe I should...

I checked my reference books but from what I read, the cause for the congenital form is unknown.  It seems to be a case of bad luck, to have 2 kids with disabilities (but in Axel's case a minor one)

Fatco might heritable and probably is. I don't know much about it but, some genetic disorders are not heritable but occur from spontaneous mutation.

I'd like to see the family wreath that shows how Kootie is related to Jessops & Allreds before he even married plygs.  Even though his parents were not plygs when they had Kootie, were Winn &/or Genielle related by blood to the incestuous Jessop or Allred clans (who had several stillborn children or ones with deformities like clubfoot, heart valve defects, hydrocephalia, grand mal seizures, facial feature deformities and severe mental retardation, with IQs as low as 25). 

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qkgymp/tiny-tombstones-inside-the-flds-graveyard-for-babies-born-from-incest

Janelle's mom wasn't a plyg but must have lived near them and their kin to meet Winn. Was Winn or Winn's father a "lost boy" kicked out of plygdom?  And how did they all meet Caleb & his sister (Kootie's SIL)?  Genetic defects could come from several generations ago.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I sincerely doubt Ysabel's scoliosis surgery took twelve hours as claimed. 

4-8 hrs is common, plus hrs in ICU.  Christine probably didn't see her for 12 hrs.  Extra surgery may be necessary if organs have been damaged.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I sincerely doubt Ysabel's scoliosis surgery took twelve hours as claimed. 

Well, they also do an 86-hour-long labor, remember? The Browns seem to be the type of person who just love to exaggerate everything.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, deirdra said:

4-8 hrs is common, plus hrs in ICU.  Christine probably didn't see her for 12 hrs.  Extra surgery may be necessary if organs have been damaged.

As they do love to exaggerate she is probably counting the time before they took Ysabel to preop to the time she was finally sent from postop to her room;  after that a nursing eval would be done before visitors were allowed.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Janelle's mom wasn't a plyg but must have lived near them and their kin to meet Winn.

I can't recall where I saw the obit for Janelle's mom, but she had an interesting life as a military kid living  in a lot of places including Morocco.    I don't know what religion--if any- she grew up in but it mentions her parents were okay with her joining the LDS church.

I think she met Winn because she went to Wyoming to meet the family with Janelle, and it just happened that she liked Winn and "married" him before Janelle married Kody. 

It provided a benefit for Janelle's children who could visit all three grandparents whenever they went to Wyoming.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Twopper said:

7. Solomon reads books by Faulkner to Aria to get her to sleep.

13. Mykelti's baby is born. Kody goes to the gym.

These two parts in particular had me sittin’ here laughing my ass off. 

• LOL 11

@Twopper: thanks for all your amazing posts! Loved the outline for the new season though I think you should have contacted TLC about a writers position before you published that stuff out here. They’ve probably copy-pasted your suggested by now, so you’ve done all their work!

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, LilyD said:

@Twopper: thanks for all your amazing posts! Loved the outline for the new season though I think you should have contacted TLC about a writers position before you published that stuff out here. They’ve probably copy-pasted your suggested by now, so you’ve done all their work!

I would be happy with that as long as they let us snarkers do the tell-all.😂

I will even suggest contrary clips for the following season beginning with two breakfasts where bacon is mentioned, then Kody at the luau refusing to eat pork.

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, MollyBrown said:

My son had the same surgery and it did take 12 hours.  It’s pretty intense. 

My friend in high school had the surgery and said it took “all day” but that was many many years ago so I wasn’t sure it was still the case.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

I would be happy with that as long as they let us snarkers do the tell-all.😂

I will even suggest contrary clips for the following season beginning with two breakfasts where bacon is mentioned, then Kody at the luau refusing to eat pork.

The breakfasts could be washed down with Bloody Mary's and the scene juxtaposed with a clip of Kody's contempt for Logan when he enjoyed an adult beverage at Maddie's wedding

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, MollyBrown said:

My son had the same surgery and it did take 12 hours.  It’s pretty intense. 

Wow, I thought that by now they'd have developed a shorter surgery. I myself have a moderate curve diagnosed in junior high 55 years ago. At the time the treatment was exercises (which did nothing) and having one shoe built up. I also had to sit with a book under my right butt cheek and will always remember a boy in class asking me when I was going to "hatch that book." We opted out of the enormous chin to thigh brace or surgery which also involved almost a year in a full body cast. I have to say that to this day, I have not had severe back pain even though my rib cage is quite twisted, so I guess I'm lucky. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

Have we discussed this tweet? It was on April 11 (before the Ysabel fiasco aired). Beyond the obvious incorrect spelling and sentence structure, the tweet is thought provoking. 

Kody received a tremendous pushback on social media this season due to his more "passionate tone," his dismissal of Meri, and his treatment of Ysabel and Christine. That being said, the season was far more entertaining.

Does he recognize that his public missteps are actually a good thing for the show? Does he plan to be controversial? Or is he shocked at the pushback and therefore frustrated with his portrayal? Would he quit because "its unsafe?"

Overall - will his ego allow him to be the villain - that sells another season?

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 5.55.29 PM.png

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Crikey, are these crazy fans even watching the same show we are?  😒

Just a note, its certainly not me who's telling him he's honest and real. I just wanted to go on a deep dive into his psyche. But I guess not...🤷‍♀️

• Love 5

He won’t even take responsibility for his own words. He doesn’t feel he has to be responsible for his wive’s happiness. He considered sending his daughter alone, across the country for major surgery. Poor Koduche, his life is unsafe. Imagine hitching your wagon to this idiot. The AUB could teach the Moonies something about brain washing.

• Love 10

I don't know how to post it, and it must already be in this thread, but I saw a pic of a tweet where he 'liked' a fan's comment that they are digging the angry Kody. I wondered, like Tuxcat wrote, if he was attempting to be controversial but screwed it up, like he does everything else.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Just a note, its certainly not me who's telling him he's honest and real. I just wanted to go on a deep dive into his psyche. But I guess not...🤷‍♀️

No worries...I was hyperventilating over Jessica's response to Kootie. Honest and real?!?  Heheheh.  He's  honestly messed up.  For realz!!!!!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Have we discussed this tweet? It was on April 11 (before the Ysabel fiasco aired). Beyond the obvious incorrect spelling and sentence structure, the tweet is thought provoking. 

Kody received a tremendous pushback on social media this season due to his more "passionate tone," his dismissal of Meri, and his treatment of Ysabel and Christine. That being said, the season was far more entertaining.

Does he recognize that his public missteps are actually a good thing for the show? Does he plan to be controversial? Or is he shocked at the pushback and therefore frustrated with his portrayal? Would he quit because "its unsafe?"

Overall - will his ego allow him to be the villain - that sells another season?

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 5.55.29 PM.png

This guy is dumber than dirt.  He's been on reality tv for how long now?  And he's just now figuring out that whatever he says can be aired?  And what the crap does he mean, he's not allowed to take it back?  He most certainly can!  It's called an APOLOGY.  I feel like what he's saying is that he can spew all the hatred and vitriol about his shrewish wives that he wants but if it airs, it's out there for eternity so there's no reason for him to go to whoever he offended and apologize so he might as well just say whatever he wants to whomever he wants, repercussions be damned.  And please, for the love of home-boxed perms, STOP with the "unsafe" nonsense.  What's become unsafe?  If he thinks for a hot second about what he says before he says it, he wouldn't need to double-back and give us his pathetic, empty excuses.

I just loathe when these people jump on Twitter and give us word-salad reasons for their abhorrent behavior.  Perhaps if you think your words are going to deeply wound someone in your family, then DON'T SAY IT out loud and to a camera.  I am always reminded of the great Heather B. from the very first Real World and her quote: "they used what we gave them."  So if you don't say it, they can't use it.  Kody thinks that if he says it, not only can they use it but he never has to go back and undo he hurt he's caused because it's out there, man!  Everyone heard me say it!  I can't un-say it!

It continually stuns me that he's managed to sire adult children who are 1,000,000 times smarter than he is. 

• Love 19
44 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I just loathe when these people jump on Twitter and give us word-salad reasons for their abhorrent behavior. 

Plus the fake apologies - "I didn't really mean it" or "That's not who I am" or "I never meant to hurt X".  Makes me want to puke.

• Love 11
53 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

This guy is dumber than dirt.  He's been on reality tv for how long now?  And he's just now figuring out that whatever he says can be aired?  And what the crap does he mean, he's not allowed to take it back?  

I suspect what he is saying is that the show had been generous in his edits before, to make him look good.  Now they are editing him to look bad (or real, depending on your point of view cough cough Kody).  Christine called it the Kody roller coaster - how Kody spews mean stuff like verbal vomit.  Meri referred to it too, when she said "you've done this for years" when he went off on a tirade at the rest stop anniversary talk.  He seems to have a reputation for saying whatever he wants and not apologizing later. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Perhaps if you think your words are going to deeply wound someone in your family, then DON'T SAY IT out loud and to a camera.  I am always reminded of the great Heather B. from the very first Real World and her quote: "they used what we gave them."  So if you don't say it, they can't use it.  Kody thinks that if he says it, not only can they use it but he never has to go back and undo he hurt he's caused because it's out there, man!  Everyone heard me say it!  I can't un-say it!

Kootie, this is true in real life without cameras too.  When you say cruel things to your wives & children, they remember.

• Love 20
10 hours ago, laurakaye said:

And what the crap does he mean, he's not allowed to take it back?  He most certainly can!  It's called an APOLOGY.  I feel like what he's saying is that he can spew all the hatred and vitriol about his shrewish wives that he wants but if it airs, it's out there for eternity so there's no reason for him to go to whoever he offended and apologize

You nailed him, Laurakaye. 

9 hours ago, smarty said:

Christine called it the Kody roller coaster - how Kody spews mean stuff like verbal vomit.  Meri referred to it too, when she said "you've done this for years" when he went off on a tirade

And then she said, “that’s why I give you Grace.” Makes you wonder what kind of verbal abuse he spews at the wives and kids on the regular.  Just a pitiful little boy playing at manhood. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, winsomeone said:

In Touch has an article about Meri. It says she has moved to the B&B and has a new man in her life.And is very happy with him.  Not sure how true this is?

Is the new man, Mosby? 😂 

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, winsomeone said:

In Touch has an article about Meri. It says she has moved to the B&B and has a new man in her life. And is very happy with him.  Not sure how true this is?

The article I saw about her moving to the BnB & having a new man was from 2018.  It must not have lasted long.

• LOL 6

We’ve often discussed the possibility of another season, so here are my thoughts, based on the success of other reality shows:

To me, it seems that your biggest requirement to be in a reality show (just one episode or an entire season)  is your ability to be an absolute train wreck. So, the producers must be convinced that your life, or the process you’re in, is bound to be an epic failure. That, in itself is a 100% guarantee for success. People love other people’s misery.

And that move did not go well at all. It took forever to sell those houses (for a lot less than what they needed for that dream), those marriages are heading straight for divorces, their financial situation is precarious, they’re stuck with a worthless piece of land that requires a fortune to develop and they do not seem settled and accepted in Flagstaff at all. So, bring on the new season!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
29 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

An Instagram live by Mykelti confirmed her home birth was filmed.

I am surpised by that in the sense that Kootie wasn't there to be front and center.  Sobyn's control is a fist of iron, isn't it.  To deny him a starring role in a birth is impressive.

However, fame whores that they are, I am not surprised that it was filmed.  

• Love 9
51 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

I am surpised by that in the sense that Kootie wasn't there to be front and center.  Sobyn's control is a fist of iron, isn't it.  To deny him a starring role in a birth is impressive.

True...but Mykelti isn't one of the favored children...

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

To me, it seems that your biggest requirement to be in a reality show (just one episode or an entire season)  is your ability to be an absolute train wreck. So, the producers must be convinced that your life, or the process you’re in, is bound to be an epic failure. That, in itself is a 100% guarantee for success. People love other people’s misery.

I watched an interview that Brady Williams did, and he said that people only tune into the reality shows about polygamy to see the drama (hope for cat fights maybe?) and to see which wife is leaving. 

Joe Darger doesn't have a reality show because there is no way he would give control over his life to a company known for creative editing and manufactured drama.

Kody Brown just says...hold my San Pellegrino...

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

True...but Mykelti isn't one of the favored children..

He would have been there if Caleb had been there.

It is possible Christine put her foot down and told him not to come. And he may be persona non grata with her children as well.

I suspect not everyone in St George for the birth was fully vaccinated.   Robyn probably won't let Kody near the unvaxxed.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

He would have been there if Caleb had been there.

I'm picturing Kody in Flagstaff, getting a phone call from Maddie that she and Caleb are heading to Mykelti's for the birth - Kody's head would explode from the rush to pack his bag and catch the first flight out there, all the while cooing, "It's okay, Mrs. Brown! It's okay, love!  I will double-mask and wear gloves so I won't even have to quarantine when I get back, and I'll be home just as soon as I can after I give a big juicy bear hug to Caleb after the birth of Aspyn's Maddie's Mykelti's baby!  You won't even know I'm gone....now can you please peel Ariablelobloa from my right leg and Aurora from my left?  I have a plane to catch!"

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Cetacean said:

True but Sobyn made sure to get on camera via Zoom for the whole thing so...  I know Mykelti likes her blah blah blah, but now we know why she was there fore the whole labor and delivery via zoom.  

• Love 6
On 4/22/2021 at 8:54 AM, laurakaye said:

This guy is dumber than dirt.  He's been on reality tv for how long now?  And he's just now figuring out that whatever he says can be aired?  And what the crap does he mean, he's not allowed to take it back?  He most certainly can!  It's called an APOLOGY.  I feel like what he's saying is that he can spew all the hatred and vitriol about his shrewish wives that he wants but if it airs, it's out there for eternity so there's no reason for him to go to whoever he offended and apologize so he might as well just say whatever he wants to whomever he wants, repercussions be damned. 

Exactly. I think what he means is that people will continue to criticize him online for his outrageous comments (which makes him... feel like a victim for some reason?). I don’t think he’s concerned about going back and easing the hurt to a wife or child. I doubt he’s ever apologized to them. 

• Love 7
On 4/30/2021 at 8:37 AM, Roslyn said:

I watched an interview that Brady Williams did, and he said that people only tune into the reality shows about polygamy to see the drama (hope for cat fights maybe?) and to see which wife is leaving. 

Joe Darger doesn't have a reality show because there is no way he would give control over his life to a company known for creative editing and manufactured drama.

I think we would have seen more drama from the Williams had they been given more seasons.  It would have been great seeing them move into their one house.  I really enjoyed this show.

I think possibly that the Darger's were one of the families being considered for the show that the Brown's have now.  I think what clenched the deal for the Brown's was taking on a new wife.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, JenMcSnark said:

True but Sobyn made sure to get on camera via Zoom for the whole thing so...  I know Mykelti likes her blah blah blah, but now we know why she was there fore the whole labor and delivery via zoom.  

I am surprised there is no mention of Maddie calling in via Zoom.  With her medical textbooks in hand, she would be able to explain the differences between Braxton-Hicks contractions, prodromal labor and actual labor.  After all, she has given birth to 2 children more recently than Mykelti's own mother who had the experience 6 times.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 4/24/2021 at 12:38 PM, iwantcookies said:
On 4/24/2021 at 6:06 AM, winsomeone said:

In Touch has an article about Meri. It says she has moved to the B&B and has a new man in her life.And is very happy with him.  Not sure how true this is?

Ben & Jerry?

Keep your mitts off of them, Meri!  Them's my guys!  

Edited by nosedive
  • LOL 9

Someone posted on Reddit that Mykelti had a "live" on Friday and someone asked her about Christine moving to Utah.  Mykelti replied (paraphrasing the paraphrased Reddit post) 'Nope, she's not moving.  She's staying with Dad and the wives.'

• Useful 3
  • Love 1