Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Galloway Cave

Season 12 Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I found this clip really interesting in that Christine is laying out exactly what she needs to be happy in marriage by describing what she thinks Pudge and Sludge have.  I’m just really sad it will be falling on deaf ears . . . But I agree with @smarty2020 that Christine has the ability to make that happen for herself.  She just doesn’t have the courage.  Well, maybe “courage” isn’t the right word, because I know there are religious ideology and emotion involved, but I find myself hoping that Christine figures out that she CAN have those things she idealizes and wants, just not in Flagstaff, with Kootie Brown.

Edited by HighlandWarriorGrl
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

Wow, Christine really wants to move to Utah.  I get it - Aspyn, Mykelti, Mariah and Audrey are all there.  Also isn't Paedon living with Tony's brothers in Mykelti's old town house?  Once Ysabel graduates in the spring and decides where to go for college Christine should be free to move wherever she wants.  She has enough equity in her Flagstaff house to sell it and put down a nice down payment on place in Utah.  Well, unless she has too much outstanding medical debt from Truely's hospital stay and Ysabel's back surgery.

Christine & Truely could get an apartment and take an elevator to carry their groceries up, like Aspyn's MIL.

So did Mariah quit her 3-yr Master's program to make Audj happy? Or is she finishing it remotely?

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I catch clips of the show here and there. I came across a Facebook page that has current episodes. If anyone else doesn’t watch because they don’t have cable (that’s me) you can see them here. Go to “videos”.

D2AEB673-F127-48DB-8F65-E4ADE186066A.jpeg

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Spoiler

Okay, so Kody said tonight that he doesn't want to have to tell Meri that the reason he doesn't want her to have the lot with the "pond" (drainage ditch) and the trees is that the others are concerned that if Meri gets the "pond" lot, she won't let others have access to the ditch. But he says that TO THE CAMERAS. What is the logic in this? (Oh wait, it's Kody, so nevermind.)

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

That "secret" has been out for ages.  It was even discussed in a prior episode.  

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I can't believe that they're actually worried about access to that filthy ditch.

I'd want to be as far away as possible because it's the perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes, they love stagnant water and raccoons love mucky ditches and use them as latrines.

Plus what happened to Robyn and her hatred of trees because of forest fires, her mcmansion is surrounded by trees.... This family lies so much that they can't keep their stories straight....Robyn got over her fear of trees as soon as they decided to buy the coyote pass property instead of the cottonwood parcel of land.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

So did Mariah quit her 3-yr Master's program to make Audj happy? Or is she finishing it remotely?

Mariah said she was doing a social work program, which I assumed to be an MSW. Full-time that's usually a two year program (even with COVID - programs are finding ways for students to finish clinicals and graduate on time. But I thought she actually started out doing something else - not social work. Did she switch?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

I can't believe that they're actually worried about access to that filthy ditch.

I'd want to be as far away as possible because it's the perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes, they love stagnant water and raccoons love mucky ditches and use them as latrines.

Plus what happened to Robyn and her hatred of trees because of forest fires, her mcmansion is surrounded by trees.... This family lies so much that they can't keep their stories straight....Robyn got over her fear of trees as soon as they decided to buy the coyote pass property instead of the cottonwood parcel of land.

The way they carry on about that cesspool, one would think it was fed by underground freshwater springs and set in a sylvan glade where they could anticipate newborn fawns gently lapping the fresh, clean water.  At times, they may even witness an osprey swooping down to snatch a 7 pound trout that was leaping from the water.  Janelle spends a fruitless day fishing for marlin from a rubber dingy and sunburned and exhausted, she pulls up to Meri's deck, where Meri sits sipping a margarita, nattily decked out in LLRot beach attire, only to be told, "this is a private dock, public access is at the other end of the lake, so SCRAM"!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 22

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Mariah said she was doing a social work program, which I assumed to be an MSW. Full-time that's usually a two year program (even with COVID - programs are finding ways for students to finish clinicals and graduate on time. But I thought she actually started out doing something else - not social work. Did she switch?

Mariah and Audrey were in Chicago for 2 years.  How did Mariah not finish in that time?  Also, who would transfer their masters degree with 2 years already put in - she must have been only a couple of credits shy of graduating when they decided to move.  I'm surprised you can transfer that many credits (2 years worth) to a new program at a different school.  

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Mariah was doing a combined program that ran for at least three years.  It was social work and social justice.  My guess is became too much for her.  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

Also, who would transfer their masters degree with 2 years already put in - she must have been only a couple of credits shy of graduating when they decided to move. 

That's assuming she actually finished any classes. My guess is.....not.

  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

25 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

That's assuming she actually finished any classes. My guess is.....not.

Well with all the rage-posting, berating of her followers, saving the bees, teaching dark-alley yoga, taking pensive selfies and visiting every single high-end coffee bar in the greater Chicago area, how on earth would she be expected to finish her silly classes?

Besides, Mommy is paying for school so no big dill.

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Well with all the rage-posting, berating of her followers, saving the bees, teaching dark-alley yoga, taking pensive selfies and visiting every single high-end coffee bar in the greater Chicago area, how on earth would she be expected to finish her silly classes?

Not to mention she skipped at least one full day internship because her cute little uterus didn't want to work that day.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Not to mention she skipped at least one full day internship because her cute little uterus didn't want to work that day.

Yeah all that SM posting is going to come back and bite her big time when/if she seriously goes out job hunting.  Guess mama will be her back up for life...

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Yeah all that SM posting is going to come back and bite her big time when/if she seriously goes out job hunting.  Guess mama will be her back up for life...

That is one of the biggest problems for the current generation of students and upcoming young professionals.... They simply cannot grasp the fact that SM is there for life and that some posts tend to catch up with you at significant turning points in life... Just watch the news and how regularly someone is sacked from a position or denied a job because of a silly tweet, picture or post that is 10 years old. Especially when it is about politically sensitive topics. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, LilyDutch said:

That is one of the biggest problems for the current generation of students and upcoming young professionals.... They simply cannot grasp the fact that SM is there for life and that some posts tend to catch up with you at significant turning points in life..

HR routinely looks at SM to screen applications for new hires.  Oops!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/1/2021 at 11:24 AM, laurakaye said:

And the whole ditch access thing cracks me right up...I picture Meri sitting in a rocking chair on her front porch with a rifle on her lap, waiting for one of her slow-moving sister-wives to tiptoe through the trees to do a little fishin' at the Poo Pond.  

 

getoffofmylawn.jpg

  • Laugh 16

Share this post


Link to post

The next episode is really called "The Basement Wife"???   I don't doubt that Christine holds some serious bitterness and resentment about cramming her 6 kids into the tiny basement of the Lehi house.  Then along comes Robyn and Robyn gets a whole townhouse to herself in Lehi.....and now a mansion in Flagstaff.  

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 9

Share this post


Link to post

I may have to recap this next one - calling anyone The Basement Wife is quite the slap in the face, even if at one point Christine literally was the "basement wife."  I have to wonder how much more she's going to take before she either picks up and leaves or drives her SUV through Robyn's living room window.

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/2/2021 at 10:16 AM, Cetacean said:

That's assuming she actually finished any classes. My guess is.....not.

So many marches, so little time.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/4/2021 at 7:21 PM, smarty2020 said:

The next episode is really called "The Basement Wife"???   I don't doubt that Christine holds some serious bitterness and resentment about cramming her 6 kids into the tiny basement of the Lehi house.  Then along comes Robyn and Robyn gets a whole townhouse to herself in Lehi.....and now a mansion in Flagstaff.  

How many kids did she have when they moved into the Lehi house? If I were in the basement and unhappy, I probably wouldn't have kept on having basement babies.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

How many kids did she have when they moved into the Lehi house? If I were in the basement and unhappy, I probably wouldn't have kept on having basement babies.

If any of the Browns had been logical about the cost of kids none of them would have 6.  In Christine's case I think having kids was the one thing that made her special to Kody vs. Meri.  It doesn't seem that Kody had much concern for her as a women, just as his baby momma.  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

How many kids did she have when they moved into the Lehi house? If I were in the basement and unhappy, I probably wouldn't have kept on having basement babies.

I think she might have already had Ysabel when they moved into the Lehi house.  So, it was just Truely she had while living there.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

How many kids did she have when they moved into the Lehi house? If I were in the basement and unhappy, I probably wouldn't have kept on having basement babies.

I think they moved into the home in 2005. I don't remember how old Ysabel is but she must have been a baby at the time? So five, maybe 4 kids? 

Share this post


Link to post

Spirit children waiting to be born choose the parents they want. There is an infinite number of spirits waiting for earthly parents.

Adults are permanently meloncholy on some level because no matter how many kids they have it doesn't measure up to their  potential, what could have (should have) been.

When you think about it, it's the perfect system. Convince people to have more kids than they can afford (every child a missionary, as the old saying goes). Convince them that not tithing will keep them out of heaven and voila! In 190 years you reap a 100 billion dollar surplus! (google that).

  • Like 8
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Mariah and Audrey were in Chicago for 2 years.  How did Mariah not finish in that time?  

My MSW took four years because I only went part time. 

Quote

Not to mention she skipped at least one full day internship because her cute little uterus didn't want to work that day.

MSW programs require two internships, or field placements. Programs vary but mine required 16 hours a week for the entire school year in the first year and 20 hours a week for the entire school year in the second year (so for me, years 2 and 4). You also complete a concurrent seminar. Missing one day wouldn't necessarily be a big deal as it's the total number of hours that you complete for the academic year that matters, as well as completion of seminar assignments and your assessments from your field placement agency. I don't follow anyone on social media so I don't know about this specific reference but if Mariah wasn't feeling well and called in sick one day of her placement, she could just make up those hours later. 

  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

30 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Missing one day wouldn't necessarily be a big deal as it's the total number of hours that you complete for the academic year that matters, as well as completion of seminar assignments and your assessments from your field placement agency.

According to Princess on SM, all that she had to do was read books.  Which she documented in endless photos of herself in a coffee shop with a book on the table.  In between endless photos of herself in various yoga poses.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

According to Princess on SM, all that she had to do was read books.  Which she documented in endless photos of herself in a coffee shop with a book on the table.  In between endless photos of herself in various yoga poses.  

Hrm. Well I did do my program a long time ago - perhaps it's different now? Or maybe I just didn't choose the low impact option. I would love to have nothing else to do but read books.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Mariah was doing a 3-yr MSW + MSJ degree.  She even posted pics of her weekly calendar, which showed class times, commute times, and times blocked out for "internships". A couple of hours one day, a whole day on another day of the week. So we could compare what she was supposed to be doing with what she was actually doing in several time slots. She did not appear to be "sick" when she was actually going to coffee shops, Whole Foods, eating monstrous pastries, taking yoga videos, etc. with time stamps.  I wouldn't be surprised if she was asked to leave Loyola U Chicago. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

not sure where to put this as I think it was on several episodes.  They have just moved into the cul-de-sac and they do a time capsule.   Someone says it is Civil Rights Day which confused me.  I thought maybe they meant MLK day in January, but when I googled it I found that there is a day called that earlier in January but it is only observed in NH and AZ, and at that point they are in Nevada.  Anyway I think the year is 2013 and they say it can be opened no earlier than 5 years from that date which would make it 2018 which I think was the year they were trying to move.  COVID has messed with my sense of time so I may be off by a year.  I know the speculation was they had to move because they were going to have to start paying principal on their mortgages because they had interest only loans for the first 5 years.  I was thinking maybe they could have re-mortgaged the houses after the 5 years for better terms, but maybe not.  Or else they just felt they needed to move to get more seasons.  So my question was at what point did they open the time capsule.   Was it when they were getting ready to sell? or before?    were they always planning to leave in 5 years.   With the ages of the children 5 years does seem about the right time period for it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

This is the only time capsule opening video I can find. I couldn’t get sound on it. Could just be my phone.

 

 

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Got the sound to work. Janelle says, I guess we’ll have to do a time capsule again in Flagstaff. Christine replies, On our property, right? (Watch Janelle’s face when Christine says that)

So, they were already moving.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

29 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t know if this has been on yet, so I’m sticking it here.

 

Clip:

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM-FMFXrkgd/?hl=en

This made me sad.  Couldn't they let Ari and Truely put masks on and play together in the yard outside?  Go swing on the swing set or something?  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, smarty said:

This made me sad.  Couldn't they let Ari and Truely put masks on and play together in the yard outside?  Go swing on the swing set or something?  

This was back in the beginning I suspect - when it was so much less understood.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

This was back in the beginning I suspect - when it was so much less understood.

Yeah I applaud the caution. Though people were podding from the very beginning. Truly wasn't going out with anyone- none of them were. Same with Robyn's kids. They could have formed a pod. That technique was practiced fairly early on.

Ironic since the only one  going out and about in the community is the one they also allowed to go house to house... Kody.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Did anyone else notice that in the comments for this clip someone said that Bonnie (Meri’s mother) died on March 26th?  Is this true?  Has anyone else heard this?

It’s true

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Did anyone else notice that in the comments for this clip someone said that Bonnie (Meri’s mother) died on March 26th?  Is this true?  Has anyone else heard this?

The discussion is on Meri's page.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size