Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

I read on the Seeking Sister Wife thread that that show is returning Feb. 28.  I hope it's on the regular TLC cable channel.  I only have Amazon Prime streaming, and while it's tempting to order Hulu or Netflix, cable itself costs a lot.  

10 pm for SW, huh?  Past this old lady's bedtime, too.  I'll probably DVR it and watch it first thingk in the am.  I need new snark!

• Love 4
On 2/1/2021 at 12:06 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I read on the Seeking Sister Wife thread that that show is returning Feb. 28.  I hope it's on the regular TLC cable channel.  I only have Amazon Prime streaming, and while it's tempting to order Hulu or Netflix, cable itself costs a lot.  

10 pm for SW, huh?  Past this old lady's bedtime, too.  I'll probably DVR it and watch it first thingk in the am.  I need new snark!

Janelle reported the show is airing on Valentine's Day. It will be on TLC. The Discovery+  offers extra content, not sure what as I don't have it

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

This is from Soap Dirt so consider the source.  Talk about the upcoming season.  Allegedly Kody says he no longer supports polygamy?

https://soapdirt.com/sister-wives-kody-brown-makes-shocking-reveal-in-new-season/

I’m getting a click bait vibe here . . . I’m sure Kootie will spin it differently once the seasons air.  I’m also pretty sure that Christine isn’t done being a sister wife as the trailers would have us think.  As much as I would love to see most of these women get new, happy, free lives, it would mean there was no longer a reason for the show.  That is, unless Kootie is ready to ride off into the sunset on Robo’s chin and a new series called “Life After Sister Wives” is about to begin for the original three gals.  Kootie and Robo would NEVER walk away from money without a fight.  Who would make the payments on the mansion?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

This is from Soap Dirt so consider the source.  Talk about the upcoming season.  Allegedly Kody says he no longer supports polygamy?

https://soapdirt.com/sister-wives-kody-brown-makes-shocking-reveal-in-new-season/

My DVR's description for the Feb 14th TLC show says: "Being Strong or Being a Bitch" - Janelle gathers Kody and the wives to talk about their increasingly tense family dynamic; Kody gets honest and says no loner (sic) wants to advocate for polygamy

My thoughts - Janelle gets off her butt and organizes something? That would be a first.  Maybe the "loner" is not a typo for "longer".  

• LOL 12

My DVR's description for the Feb 14th TLC show says: "Being Strong or Being a Bitch" - Janelle gathers Kody and the wives to talk about their increasingly tense family dynamic; Kody gets honest and says no loner (sic) wants to advocate for polygamy

This is the official description that displays from my cable box as well, including the typo. How can things be tense when according to their Instagrams, these women don't even see each other, like ever? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Kellyee said:

This is the official description that displays from my cable box as well, including the typo. How can things be tense when according to their Instagrams, these women don't even see each other, like ever? 

well, let's see, he divorced Meri and she is mostly seen these days at her B&B and is, therefore, a "loner."   Janelle has always seemed tired and checked out so she's another "loner.'   Christine is probably not amused that she is having to self-fund treatment for Ysabel so she is alone in taking care of their child which makes Christine another "loner.   So there are three "loners" who no longer advocate for polygamy.  Ergo "no loner wants to advocate for polygamy ' is a almost certainly a correct statement.

• LOL 11
8 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Maybe things are tense when they get together to talk for the cameras?

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

Not sure where to put this, but do they all still own the prairie dog plague land?  Is how they did or will divide it up mentioned in any spoilers thus far?  I don’t actually expect them to build on it, I either expect Kody to harken back to his “business meeting” where he was told how it be such a great move to sell the land or have more pointless family meetings rolling in the drainage pit.  I think this show is probably only getting another season or two because it’s easier to drag on a known entity than try and start a new show mid-Covid.  

• Love 4
On 1/22/2021 at 12:34 PM, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

If this is the season that Robin gets (what my grandfather used to call) her “comeuppance,” I’m here for it.  After many seasons of watching the other three wail and gnash their teeth because they realize that Robin is a two faced, soft speaking, gently weeping, fraction of a husband stealing bitch, I would watch the hell out of a season where her evil empire and delusions of grandeur crumble into a heap.  In my mind, and I’ve said this before, the only fitting retribution is if Meri, Christine and Janelle leave Kootie with his Queen and the show gets cancelled, only to be replaced by a NEW show about how the three cast offs navigate their transition from concubines to free and dignified women.  How empowering.  How enlightening.  How deliciously full of karma and satisfying that would be!  I don’t even need to see how the newly broke Kootie, Robo and their spawn fare in their new reality.  It’s much better to just use my imagination and not throw any money their way for air time, even for a quick catch up.  Let Peolpe Magazine do an interview with them and I may read it.  Can I be the one to say to Robo “back to the trailer for you missy”?  👉👉👉👉👉👉👉

I'd watch that.  I think it could be interesting.

• Love 7
On 1/26/2021 at 11:01 PM, Auraovu said:

Hello.  Im watching SW S12 E2 Groomzilla.

I have to say that,  Mykelti deserves better. I really really do not like Tony. He is disrespectful,  rude, racist, arrogant. Macho...need I say more. Mykelti deserves better. Marrying into some Hispanic families require the female to "stand down". He keeps being condescending to the parents and bringing the " white" word up quite a bit. To the curb!!!

My husband kinda watches this show with me.  He actually said the same thing yesterday while I was watching an old episode.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

I think this show is probably only getting another season or two because it’s easier to drag on a known entity than try and start a new show mid-Covid.  

Unless they go with my idea . . . Do a show about the cast-off wives and how they got their groove back.  It makes perfect sense, think about it!  A subset of the cast, so less money outlay.  A known quantity, plus they would probably get better ratings with this subset cast because all the viewers who fell off over the years would come back just to see what happens and the sweet justice being served up.  Yes, we all know that karma is a thing, but we don’t always get to see it in action.  So seeing Kootie and the dark wife get what karma has in store for them would be something I would watch the hell out of.  I would even plunk down money for a pay-per-view special to see that shit show aftermath.  After all these years of watching this joke of a life style, I would find it extremely satisfying to see those three ladies safely on the other side of this and happy, leading monogamous or single lives.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Unless they go with my idea . . . Do a show about the cast-off wives and how they got their groove back.  It makes perfect sense, think about it!  A subset of the cast, so less money outlay.  A known quantity, plus they would probably get better ratings with this subset cast because all the viewers who fell off over the years would come back just to see what happens and the sweet justice being served up.  Yes, we all know that karma is a thing, but we don’t always get to see it in action.  So seeing Kootie and the dark wife get what karma has in store for them would be something I would watch the hell out of.  I would even plunk down money for a pay-per-view special to see that shit show aftermath.  After all these years of watching this joke of a life style, I would find it extremely satisfying to see those three ladies safely on the other side of this and happy, leading monogamous or single lives.

I actually wish the new season would address how all of them could live on their own since they’re basically doing it anyway.  If nothing else, I wish they’d drop the house nonsense....it’s been going on for 84 years.  LOL while still boring I want to see what Janelle is supposedly doing during her MEGA-Strive posts.  In earnest, I’d wish they all just be honest about what they really want.  I mean that might mean “Kody can go to hell!” or “I love Kody, but he only wants Robyn now.”  I just wish there was some new material not just, “are we building a house and my walls are up”.   I’m not particularly looking for Mykelti p/Tony Jr.  I actually don’t mind them I’m just not interested in the birth or wedding episodes.  Guttural screams from Maddie and squirting pictures from Robyn are more than enough to last me a lifetime.

• Love 9

I’m watching the last season again. I am stressed lol.  Meri saying she never said which place she wanted yet not saying what she wants is killing me.  I mean my God.  Say what you want. Ugh!!!!

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Meri's got enough walls up to build the entire Plyg Poop Pond Palace. But no utilities, alas.

Meri and Robyn could supply the entire compound for water with their tears, it would be a little salty, but still...

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Meri and Robyn could supply the entire compound for water with their tears, it would be a little salty, but still...

Except that Robyn dry-cries, so they'd probably need to supplement with VOSS bottled water.

On 2/7/2021 at 1:25 PM, deirdra said:

I am having trouble with the title of this episode.  Being strong does not equate with being a bitch.   I'm assuming this refers to one of the wives.  I will be interested to see if this title is a direct quote from one of the Browns, and which one it is, and who it refers to.  And given that 3/4 of the "wives" have spines the consistency of a wet noodle, a little strength from one of them would be a refreshing change - but I'm not holding my breath.

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I am having trouble with the title of this episode.  Being strong does not equate with being a bitch.   I'm assuming this refers to one of the wives.  I will be interested to see if this title is a direct quote from one of the Browns, and which one it is, and who it refers to.  And given that 3/4 of the "wives" have spines the consistency of a wet noodle, a little strength from one of them would be a refreshing change - but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm kind of hoping it's Christine, bemoaning the fact that she had to go begging to her fans for funds for Ysabel's vital surgery, while Robyn languished in her million dollar dwelling, because "God din fine her a rennall in time".  Kody and Robyn may interpret her frankness as "being a bitch"

• Love 8
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I am having trouble with the title of this episode.  Being strong does not equate with being a bitch.  

I assumed Kody equates being strong with being a bitch.  His personal religion requires wives to submit to their "leader".

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 2/1/2021 at 6:28 AM, laurakaye said:

Hopefully I can still watch this show on Hulu.  If it ends up on Discovery Plus only, I don't know if I want to pay for another streaming service.

To you and anyone who might have Verizon Unlimited, you can get 6 months free of Discovery+.  

(I would pay to get this just for ID Discovery, but TLC coming with it with their epic train wrecks is just a huge bonus 😄)

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I noticed in the new season preview that Janelle still has her mole, which suggests that much of what we will see in episode 1 will be pretty dated, as usual. Do any of you remember when she first posted about having it removed?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

I noticed in the new season preview that Janelle still has her mole, which suggests that much of what we will see in episode 1 will be pretty dated, as usual. Do any of you remember when she first posted about having it removed?

She had the biopsy in April, 2020.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

I noticed in the new season preview that Janelle still has her mole, which suggests that much of what we will see in episode 1 will be pretty dated, as usual. 

Yep, like you said, the usual.  Everything will be old news and since they have done absolutely nothing of interest in the past year or more, don't get too excited.  There will be Evangelical's surgery but that's about it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Yep, like you said, the usual.  Everything will be old news and since they have done absolutely nothing of interest in the past year or more, don't get too excited.  There will be Evangelical's surgery but that's about it.

Evangelical! Hands down the perfect snarkification of that spelling snafu.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 2/7/2021 at 9:16 AM, Absolom said:

I saw a commercial today where Kody was saying he doesn’t want to spend the rest of his life listening to four women telling him how unhappy they are.  I hope there’s something to it, that would be some good TV (relatively speaking, of course).

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Oh, how I envy you all... As I'm in Germany, I have to spend Valentine's Day without this trainwreck of a family I love to hate-watch 😁So I'm looking forward to reading your hilarious recaps, which are much more entertaining and fun as the actual show anyway. Big thanks for that! 

• Love 12

Surprised to see that the show is scheduled for a 10 pm viewing tonight.  This must have been a massive blow to the egos of Kody and Krew to be edged out of primetime viewing by 90 Day Fiance participants desperately seeking love. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Just watched Kody being interviewed on (I think) ETonline.  It appears he does not regret his actions in certain instances, only that they were filmed and televised to the masses.   

I also have to note that C-19 has made it impossible for any polygamist to defend this practice.  Kody was self-righteously “sitting there” describing how he has to carefully explain a skip in rotation to “wives” who run about risking exposure to said virus.  If he hoped to win points for this carefulness, he succeeded only in reminding me how judgmental and punitive he can be.  He also only reminded me that no man can adequately meet the needs of multiple women, but instead unashamedly expects them to meet each other’s needs in lieu of finding a spouse of their own.  I’m certain Christine must have paid a hefty 2-week price for flying to her daughter’s out-of-town surgery.  And as much as I blame Kody for this continued, endless, sanctioned abandonment, I blame Christine equally for staying.  Why hasn’t it dawned on Christine that because of her husband’s multiple “marriages” she has had to appeal to fans and clients (some of whom don’t make nearly as much as Christine) for help with her daughter’s surgery? And I mean the daughter she shares with the same man who not only couldn’t help provide funds for his family in this instance but is now on my screen lecturing away about why he has to withhold his presence from them as well.  
And if someone points out that Christine’s exposure would have unfairly infected lots of other “wives” and children, it will only prove my point that polygamy is evil - yes, evil.  

I do apologize.  I’m finally as mad as some of my fellow commenters on this forum.  

Edited by Just Wondering
  • Love 21
12 minutes ago, Just Wondering said:

Why hasn’t it dawned on Christine that because of her husband’s multiple “marriages” she has had to appeal to fans and clients (some of whom don’t make nearly as much as Christine) for help with her daughter’s surgery?

Grifting at its finest although I have absolutely NO sympathy for those who send money. I am flummoxed to understand their motivation to do something like that.  Or, for that matter, the morons that send money to the evangelists who turn around and buy enormous mansions and private jets with the god money.

Every one of these women deserve every single minute of heartache. they bought into this crap.  It's the kids that are the innocent victims.  Thankfully most of them seem to have seen the dark side to this "calling" and have decided that eternity on Kootie's planet is really forever in hell.

• Love 15

https://theworldnewsdaily.com/sister-wives-love-multiplied-and-not-divided/

This article gives a different title for the first episode, and it sounds like it refers to Kody (excerpt below):

The leader of the Sister Wives tells his wives that he no longer wants to support polygamy. The first episode of this new season is titled “Be Strong or Be a Whore.” This gives viewers a good idea of what to expect as feedback from the four women.

• Useful 2
28 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

...he no longer wants to support polygamy...

My guess on this is  that he is "retiring" from political life since there is no need for him to continue.  He knows he hasn't got the money to run for office and waving a sign around periodically isn't going to take him far.  It has nothing to do with him living polygamy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
On 2/14/2021 at 3:52 PM, Grifter Lives said:

https://theworldnewsdaily.com/sister-wives-love-multiplied-and-not-divided/

This article gives a different title for the first episode, and it sounds like it refers to Kody (excerpt below):

The leader of the Sister Wives tells his wives that he no longer wants to support polygamy. The first episode of this new season is titled “Be Strong or Be a Whore.” This gives viewers a good idea of what to expect as feedback from the four women.

With Christine saying he only shows up in the evening and he's on his phone avoiding her when awake, she must feel like a whore.

• Love 6

Not really a spoiler, but an interview from this past week (of course they debunked the so-called "5th wife rumors" which is just clickbait). Kind of interesting seeing each in her individual zoom frame. Some of the comments are funny: "Can't Robyn even get through one interview without crying?" (No, she can't!)

Edited by Teafortwo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, Twopper said:

"Robyn the Peacemaker"?   who makes up these titles?

and from the preview it looks like they've cobbled together used & unused footage from their visit/fight from over a year ago

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

and from the preview it looks like they've cobbled together used & unused footage from their visit/fight from over a year ago

this may be in part due to COVID restrictions, although I am not sure what the policy in Flagstaff was/is.  Also it may be that Christine and Meri made themselves scarce for filming with the others.   And it is a good way for TLC to show how they revise history.

Janelle is working hard to keep this train wreck on the air.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Wow, Christine really wants to move to Utah.  I get it - Aspyn, Mykelti, Mariah and Audrey are all there.  Also isn't Paedon living with Tony's brothers in Mykelti's old town house?  Once Ysabel graduates in the spring and decides where to go for college Christine should be free to move wherever she wants.  She has enough equity in her Flagstaff house to sell it and put down a nice down payment on place in Utah.  Well, unless she has too much outstanding medical debt from Truely's hospital stay and Ysabel's back surgery.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I found this clip really interesting in that Christine is laying out exactly what she needs to be happy in marriage by describing what she thinks Pudge and Sludge have.  I’m just really sad it will be falling on deaf ears . . . But I agree with @smarty2020 that Christine has the ability to make that happen for herself.  She just doesn’t have the courage.  Well, maybe “courage” isn’t the right word, because I know there are religious ideology and emotion involved, but I find myself hoping that Christine figures out that she CAN have those things she idealizes and wants, just not in Flagstaff, with Kootie Brown.

Edited by HighlandWarriorGrl
  • Love 10