Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Lowkey Distant

• Start Topic

Molly girl. I'm willing to put money on her starting something with Taurean just to mess up her relationship with Andrew. 

She is also lowkey jealous of Issa's friendship with Condola. 

I wish Lawrence would not be in the picture.  He's either going to propose to Condola or take up with Issa again.

• Love 10

This is one time I thought Molly had a point when it comes to expecting more from the guy she was dating.  I'm glad he called to apologize because unless they're pure fuck buddies, part of dating is sharing stuff about yourself. 

• Love 15

Molly shouldn’t have reason to be jealous.  Their friendship goes way back so no way is she going to be displaced.

Maybe more wary that Issa is in denial that she could be close to the woman dating her ex.

As for Andrew, in previous seasons she had problems finding the right man — was he successful enough, educated enough, real enough.  She was the subject o Broken Pussy.

So she’s trying to find something serious.  Last episode she decided she wanted them to be exclusive.  Now she’s wanting to be close, intimate.

Show could be kind of cruel if her character still doesn’t find a serious relationship for her.  But maybe they want Issa and Molly to be the closest to each other, not others including SOs?

• Love 1

Wow, so they are setting up for workplace romance with Taurean? Their relationship had so much acrimony and vitriol last season that I never considered him as the next potential SO. That scene made me realize how much I miss seeing scenes of Molly at work, I hope we get more of them!

Lawrence's relationship with Condola is going to fizzle out fast. They already hinted that she's *super* paranoid when she immediately leapt to Issa being a creepy ex-girlfriend/stalker. The more compatible Condola is with Issa, the more she's going to assume Lawrence is into her because she reminds him of Issa. Lawrence going behind her back to talk to his ex will def come back to shoot him in the foot. 

Also, where does this dude get off forbidding Issa from discussing him? Boy, shut up. Talk to your gf if you are uncomfortable with the idea of her finding out how raggedy you were before your revenge glowup. Issa shouldn't even be entertaining his bs. 

Edited by rozen
  • Love 13

I loved this episode.  This season seems funnier than past seasons, even though I always forget the jokes too soon.  When Issa had the condom stuck inside her vagina and said to her reflection, “I’m not mad, just disappointed,” that was well-delivered.  Also, Molly not having a comment at the work meeting and playing it off like she saw a window washer was haha funny in an Elaine from Seinfeld way.

Everything about this show feels real to me, like the awkwardness between Molly and Condola with the menus and the dinner invite.  You can really feel the friendship between Issa and Molly getting snagged and they keep trying to get past it with a respect that is almost cringeworthy in light of the fact that the season opened in the future with Issa saying she doesn’t fuck with Molly anymore.

I thought the men sitting around discussing Lawrence’s Issa/Condola dilemma very funny, except I have no idea what Lawrence’s end game, or hang-up, is.  I think the person most vulnerable here is Condola.  She’s pursuing a friendship with someone who’s been up close and personal with her new man.  What she could likely be afraid of is that he’d fall back in love with Issa and she’d get back together with him, and Condola would have lost her friend and her man.  That’s a believable story.  But, what is Lawrence’s fear, that they’re going to talk about his dick and stuff?  I didn’t think guys cared about that.  I don’t even think women care about that stuff anymore.  None of y’all are virgins.

I don’t think they’re doing a great job writing Andrew.  I don’t really see what Molly sees in him.  She had more chemistry with the guy who closed the door to her office who was mean to her.  They’re writing Andrew like Jim from The Office season nine.  It was the last season of the show, and I guess the writers felt like they needed to squeeze some marriage drama in between Jim and Pam, so they made Jim the biggest dick in the world for half the season.  It was such poor writing, because it came out of nowhere (and I never really forgave Jim, which the audience was supposed to do). 

Molly specifically tells Andrew she does not want to go to the concert, that she wants to stay in and chill, and when he comes over he immediately wants to fuck, which, ok, I see now that’s what they’ve been doing, but Molly says again she wants to chill, she tells him the only taste he’ll be getting is of the gumbo, he says “you’re in charge,” and then...as he is enjoying the meal she cooked for him and she’s trying to have polite conversation, Andrew again suggests going to the damn concert?  That’s an insult.  Then he keeps making passive-aggressive comments toward her until he ultimately leaves?  I’d never see him again.  Are we supposed to be impressed that he called with a short apology shrouded in an excuse two days later??

Has Andrew heard about polite conversation?  Has it not occurred to his thirty something self that a woman he is dating (because they were not just fucking, they had been going on full-blown dates) might ask about his siblings?  He doesn’t have a pre-rehearsed line like, “Molly, I’m really enjoying getting to know you, and while I do want to share with you, I’m not comfortable talking about my sister right now, because she’s causing a lot of pain to my family, and I hope you can respect that”?  Yet he’s being written as someone who has an intense enough job to get calls at night?  How has he ever gotten laid by a real woman, or has it been drunken conquests only?  What a rookie.  Professional women in their thirties usually want to have a bit of a drink and a conversation before they jump into bed with a guy (unless he’s just a fuckboi, like TSA bae, which Andrew isn’t).  He’s not that good looking.  I think he’s being written as too much of a jerk. The scene would have been better IMO, if he’d merely suggested going to the concert again, and then they struggled through a painfully awkward, bland evening.

I feel like the women are being written better than the men.  I have been unable to empathize with Lawrence or Andrew this season, yet with the women are so compelling and complex.  I want to be able to see Andrew’s side.  I just feel like he’s out of his league here, and he should be dating 20 year olds who work at Hooters, and Molly should move on to someone more interesting.

• Love 8

Molly may be her own worst enemy, but I feel bad for her.  She's really taking hits from all sides.  

Taurean was a jerk before the Metra case incident, so his behavior isn't that suprising.  At least Molly apologized and owned up to her poor judgement.  It's depressing to see her suck up to Taurean this way, and it's already backfired on her.

Same with Andrew.  I get that Molly wants more connection right now.  And she's clearly jealous of Issa and Condola's friendship, which makes her more vulnerable.

Issa and Condola were right to acknowledge the weird situation they're in, so I don't care if Lawrence doesn't like it.  It seems as if they don't want to discuss Lawrence at all, but listening to his stupid friends planted the idea in his head.  Still, he's a grown man and trust goes both ways.  Martin Lawrence Walker needs to sit down.

I wish we got more from Tiffany and Kelli than just brief comedic breaks.  Well, Kelli anyway.

This episode felt very short.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

That’s a believable story.  But, what is Lawrence’s fear, that they’re going to talk about his dick and stuff?  

i think he put it pretty clearly when he told Issa "I want to her to learn about me, from me" (paraphrasing a bit). I know I had a similar conundrum when I was dating one of my sister's friends (not an identical situation but close). My GF doesn't need to know about the really embarrassing stuff i did in my youth sister dear, and if she does need to know let me tell her, at least let me get my side of the story in first.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, mrsbagnet said:

I should probably know this, but what were Issa and Kelli's costumes? I recognized Molly's from Bring It On.

Molly was great in her Clover uniform! I’m pretty sure Kelli was from that (awful) Halle Berry movie “Baps,” but I dunno about Issa.

What a quietly great episode! It was funny but also nuanced, really well done. My only gripe would be too much Lawrence, but I’m not a Lawrence fan so that is to be expected whenever he shows up.

So many funny moments, but I hollered when that condom plopped outta nowhere! (Well, we know where...)

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

This is one time I thought Molly had a point when it comes to expecting more from the guy she was dating.  I'm glad he called to apologize because unless they're pure fuck buddies, part of dating is sharing stuff about yourself. 

I hear this, but I can see Andrew's side.  From the second he met Molly, she's been an oversharer.  And she continued to be an oversharer because he was willing to listen and not judge her, while also still being into her.  But just because he doesn't mind her giving up all her intimate and childhood details, doesn't mean he feels the same way in sharing his stuff, especially when she kept making it clear that she was keeping him at a distance, at least romantically.  But now that she's changed her mind after keeping him at bay, he's supposed to trust her with his feelings?  Especially when she's always so quick to find something wrong.....there's a real chance that he might open up and share with her, only for her to use what he shares as another reason to sabotage the relationship.  

9 hours ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

Molly girl. I'm willing to put money on her starting something with Taurean just to mess up her relationship with Andrew. 

I really hope not.

Oh how I've missed Chad!

• Love 6

Anyone else wishing Lawrence would grow back the facial hair? (He also seems too skinny to me...just looking unhealthy and boyish in general....but hey, maybe it's just me...)/

Also, how goddamn long is Tiffany's pregnancy supposed to last? Is this like an in-joke that when a friend is pregnant, especially for the first time, it seems to drag on forever?

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Right. The irony of Issa coming at Molly in the end about "do you want to be happy?" is that Molly was right this time. At first, I rolled my eyes when Molly said that it's been a month and she didn't feel close to Andrew. I was like, what now, sis? But when she gave her reasoning, I understood. If you're dating, then discussing shit is par the course. 

I still like Andrew, but he was definitely on one during the dinner. I'm glad he called and apologized. Molly actually showed some growth and used her words! Let's see how long it lasts.

I think Issa and Lawrence are going to smash, so I don't think Condola stands a chance, but I like her. I'm enjoying her budding friendship with Issa.

• Love 3

LOVED the girls' Halloween costumes! And of course Tiffany is giving out toothbrushes instead of candy.

Lawrence silently freaking out that Issa and Condola were talking about him but trying not to show it cracked me up. He is an idiot though. Issa is your ex and Condola is your girlfriend. Issa is allowed to talk about her ex and Condola is allowed to talk about her boyfriend. If Lawrence is insecure, that's his issue, not Issa's or Condola's.

Speaking of insecure, it's annoying to see Molly so jealous of Condola. Get over yourself, girl.

On the flip side, I was glad that she identified what she wanted from Andrew and then invited him over for dinner in hopes of addressing it. When that didn't happen, she was upfront about it. Both of those things are an improvement in her attitude and behavior. In the past, she would have just been unhappy and then complained about it to the girls.

Going back to her jealousy of Condola, this isn't all on Issa. Kelli had already heard Molly's story about Andrew before Halloween and Issa hadn't so this isn't just about Issa spending time with Condola. Molly is leaving Issa out of stuff too.

The return of Chad! He was hilarious as always.

I need more Looking for LaToya!

• Love 5

Everything out Of Kelli's mouth made me LOL:

"Who wants to sit around and listen to a man talking about his feelings?  You know what I wants?  I want me a mime with a big dick."  Pause "I'll find me a circus."

When Tiffany was trying to get up but couldn't leverage herself out the chair:

"No don;t hlep her up.  She's gonna have to learn.  She needs to learn.  It is the first step of motherhood."

I liked their Holloween outfits.  Molly as a Clover, Kelli as Nisi from BAPS and Issa as a Jigaboo from 'School Daze' hair salon musical number.

I like Condola and I like her budding relationship is Issa.  I like how realistically awkward they are. I hate that Lawrence is involved, sigh.  On the one hand I feel him for feeling some type of way about them talking about him. And it gave an opportunity to hang with Chad (the male Kelli) and Derek.  But otoh, he is going to fuck it up and make it a big thing.

I am not mad at Molly wrt the Andrew situation.  This time it really isn't her, she is trying to say about their relationship that i important to her and he is blowing it off.  And also I think she showed some growth there at the end with Taurean.  I hope this does signal some growth for Molly.

Their reactions to Finding LaToya is cracking me up! 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Speaking of insecure, it's annoying to see Molly so jealous of Condola. Get over yourself, girl.

In fairness, I don't like it when you think you're having dinner with one person and you find out you're having dinner with more than one person. My best friend used to do this with her then-boyfriend, now-husband. She'd say "Do you want to get brunch?" and I'd say sure, thinking she meant just the two of us, and then I'd get there and he was there. And I like him a lot, but it meant I had to change the tenor of the conversation. (She did it a lot at the beginning because he moved to NYC for her job and didn't know many people, so she was trying to introduce him to more people.) Molly doesn't know Condola and wouldn't feel comfortable talking about her personal business with her around, and I think that's fair.

11 hours ago, Amethyst said:

Issa and Condola were right to acknowledge the weird situation they're in, so I don't care if Lawrence doesn't like it.  It seems as if they don't want to discuss Lawrence at all, but listening to his stupid friends planted the idea in his head.  Still, he's a grown man and trust goes both ways.  Martin Lawrence Walker needs to sit down.

I died at the Martin Lawrence Walker reveal. DIED. And there's no way Issa and Condola could NOT acknowledge it; it was mature of them to do so.

I also cracked up when Issa called Lawrence, got an answer to her question, tried making small talk, and Lawrence said "We can just hang up." Actually there were lots of good lines this episode. When Molly tasted the gumbo and said "I'm not making another roux, we just gon' have to die," when she said Issa was in a fight with a gnat (that whole part was gold), when Kelli said she was "pregnant with ideas ..."

That sex scene with Andrew was hot. And Molly was right. If after a month of dating (dating, not just fucking), the other person hasn't told you anything about themselves, I'd either wonder what they were hiding and assume they didn't want me to get to know them. Molly was right to bring it up.

Wardrobe was on fire this episode. I loved basically everything Molly wore. I couldn't wear that yellow dress but it was beautiful on her - the color was gorgeous against her dark skin. I loved the dark blue she had on at work too, and the green crop top (not the Clovers uniform, the long-sleeved green crop top she had on). I also loved the skirt Issa was wearing in her first scene.

8 hours ago, link417 said:

So many funny moments, but I hollered when that condom plopped outta nowhere! (Well, we know where...)

I said "OH NO" out loud, by myself, when it fell out.

5 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

"They NEVER find us!"

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

9 hours ago, link417 said:

I said "OH NO" out loud, by myself, when it fell out.

I was horrified and not ready for that level of reality.

image.gif

I love the show but I'm really kind of over the extended sex scenes.  Molly & Andrew's did make me laugh though--"Take all the cake!"  

Issa is better than me--no way I could be cool and jokey with my ex's new boo.  Nope.  Ain't that much growth in the world.  Still not sure how I feel about Condola.   But Lawrence definitely leveled up from bank teller Tasha and "I'm too cool for school" Jasmine.

Taurean is just a dick.  A rude, arrogant dick.

Edited by SuburbanHangSuite
fixin' stuff
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, MrWhyt said:

i think he put it pretty clearly when he told Issa "I want to her to learn about me, from me" (paraphrasing a bit). I know I had a similar conundrum when I was dating one of my sister's friends (not an identical situation but close). My GF doesn't need to know about the really embarrassing stuff i did in my youth sister dear, and if she does need to know let me tell her, at least let me get my side of the story in first.

I guess I categorize my life differently from Lawrence—there are things I want that I probably can get, and there are things I want that I probably can’t get.  

This situation felt like the latter to me.  It’s one thing to sit around with your bros and bitch that the women might talk about the time he vomited at the roller rink or whatever, but it’s completely different for Lawrence to think he can manipulate a series of conversations between two grown women, short of blackmail.  

The more we bring the “really embarrassing stuff” to the forefront and say, “can you please not talk about it,” the more likely I think it is to get talked about.  I didn’t think the Issa/Lawrence conversation on the street was much more than a scene of Issa and Lawrence together.  Lawrence wasn’t businesslike in his approach—he didn’t really make the argument or articulate which discrete parts of his life he didn’t want discussed.  He was just vague and it seemed to me he just wanted to see Issa in person so that he could grin endearingly, act shy, and Issa would get the whole picture of what he wanted and what he didn’t want, and execute it perfectly.  It was like magical thinking.  

There really wasn’t a problem, except in Lawrence’s mind.  Condola told Lawrence they talked about the fries/mayo thing to break the tension and they were done talking about him.  I think having a covert meeting with his ex—which, as other posters have said, is likely going to backfire—it’s like he’s trying to kill a mouse with dynamite.  He is such an amateur he didn’t even tell Issa whether it was ok to tell Condola that Issa and Lawrence met.  

I mean, yes, he worked at Best Buy until more recently than he’d like, but that’s the risk you take when you don’t move every time you get a new girlfriend (that “man, I miss Dallas” line was hysterical)—someone might tell her tidbits about the past.  I think if Issa and Condola got into a really grody conversation about something really personal about Lawrence, and then Condola confronted Lawrence about it, she would be the asshole for going out of her way to embarrass him, and he could bring that to her attention.

I just think this game is better played on defense than on offense, especially with a laid-back Lawrence personality.

3 hours ago, Liamsmom617 said:

Also, how goddamn long is Tiffany's pregnancy supposed to last?

1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

What is going to happen first—Tiffany having her baby, or LaToya being found??

• LOL 9

I could get where both Molly and Andrew was coming from, especially because it sounds like Andrews family situation is kind of complicated, given he has no idea where his sister even in right now. Some people are just private and dont like talking about things that are particularly difficult or personal, or they just dont know how. On the other hand, they've been together for awhile now (even if they dont have a label) and I can understand that Molly wants them to get closer and for him to open up to her, especially when she is opening up and being vulnerable to him. I am glad that Molly put it out there, and that, even while Andrew was upset, he called and apologized. But why did Molly lie to Issa about who called? 

I really hope that Molly doesn't end up ditching Andrew for Taurean, that would be a bad, bad idea.

More troubles seem to be ahead in Molly and Issa friendship land, especially now that Issa is getting close with Condola. I can get being a bit put out by her showing up at their hang out, but it seems like its more than that, and Molly just isn't sure how she feels about Issa finding another cool, successful friend she can hang out with. 

Issa isn't mad, just disappointed. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

but it’s completely different for Lawrence to think he can manipulate a series of conversations between two grown women, short of blackmail.  

I don't think he's being manipulative. IMO there's no one really in the wrong here, Issa and Condola are totally within their rights as friends to discuss their lives, including Condola's relationship with her boy friend, and Lawrence is totally with his rights to want his relationship with Condola to start from a blank slate.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

But why did Molly lie to Issa about who called? 

Maybe she felt defensive because of what Issa said; although to be fair to Issa, part of the reason Molly can't get in her own way is because Andrew hasn't confessed a lot of personal stuff to her.  Andrew doesn't know this but Molly has a history of judging men for things she finds out about them.

18 minutes ago, MrWhyt said:

I don't think he's being manipulative.

Me neither.  I get it can be jarring when someone says "oh your ex told me about such and such."  It's a weird situation for all of them.

I don't really take issue with Lawrence bringing this up; although Condola would have been the better person to approach.  I don't understand why Issa agreed to it and why she called him back to ask whether or not she should keep their meeting a secret.  She and Lawrence are somewhat friendly exes but she has more of a relationship right now with Condola.  He can ask but she has every right to say no or share their conversation with Condola. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, MrWhyt said:

I don't think he's being manipulative. IMO there's no one really in the wrong here, Issa and Condola are totally within their rights as friends to discuss their lives, including Condola's relationship with her boy friend, and Lawrence is totally with his rights to want his relationship with Condola to start from a blank slate.

I agree that Lawrence is totally within his rights to want his relationship with Condola to start from a blank slate, but as the Philosopher Jagger once said, “we can’t always get what we want.”  

It’s when Lawrence put his wants into action by having a meeting with Issa about whether she had his permission to talk about him, he was trying to manipulate the way that Issa and Condola interacted.  I am not saying he is being manipulative in the negative sense—he’s not being unscrupulous—but he is trying to manipulate, as in, he is trying to handle or control something.  

Agree to disagree.  

• Love 4
13 hours ago, link417 said:

Molly was great in her Clover uniform! I’m pretty sure Kelli was from that (awful) Halle Berry movie “Baps,” but I dunno about Issa.

5 hours ago, DearEvette said:

I liked their Holloween outfits.  Molly as a Clover, Kelli as Nisi from BAPS and Issa as a Jigaboo from 'School Daze' hair salon musical number.

Thank you! I just watched a clip of that scene from School Daze, so the costume looked familiar, but I just couldn't place it.

3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

But why did Molly lie to Issa about who called? 

Because when Molly told her friends that she didn't want her relationship with Andrew to be just about sex, Issa openly mocked her. Molly looked really shocked and hurt after that, so when Molly felt validated after Andrew's call, she didn't want to share that with Issa.

That scene on the hill showed that Molly and Issa are at two different points in their lives. Issa's talking about f*cking a dude with two kids and a baby on the way, and Molly's trying to have something more serious with Andrew.

18 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I could not agree more. Good for her for speaking up and telling him what she wanted. She has every right to ask for what she wants from the relationship. If he's not agreeable, then they can both find somebody else.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 5

Sighs....I miss HBO so was glad to get a free preview last weekend so I could at least see the 1st two eppies.  Loving the season so far.

We're almost at Tuesday and all I'm still thinking about?  That hot hard slap on the ass Andrew gave Molly during sex before the beginning credits, CLAUDE HAVE MERCY!!!  I informed Mr. Yogi that I'ma need that for future shimmy-shams.  (Fans self)

Okay....I'm back.  Howled at Issa's Jigaboo costume and wondered if anyone would catch it. Kelly is hysterical, can't get enough of her.

Can someone explain, was Issa being disappointed with the sex with Calvin?  What did she mean?

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Can someone explain, was Issa being disappointed with the sex with Calvin?  What did she mean?

She said that thing parents say that's so devastating: I'm not mad, just disappointed. I thought she was disappointed in herself that she was having to fish out a condom because she was boning a dude who was careless enough to leave a condom inside her. She can do better.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

On the other hand, they've been together for awhile now (even if they dont have a label) and I can understand that Molly wants them to get closer and for him to open up to her, especially when she is opening up and being vulnerable to him. I am glad that Molly put it out there, and that, even while Andrew was upset, he called and apologized. But why did Molly lie to Issa about who called? 

I really hope that Molly doesn't end up ditching Andrew for Taurean, that would be a bad, bad idea.

More troubles seem to be ahead in Molly and Issa friendship land, especially now that Issa is getting close with Condola.

I feel like Molly just...wrote herself off to me last week and didn't do anything to change that this week. I'm surprised myself by how much I dislike her now. It's not that anyone else is perfect or close to it. It's that, when she's feeling left out or whatever, she responds by saying some seriously stupid, hurtful shit to Issa AND says she's doing it for Issa's own good. Truth is, it speaks very well of Issa and Condola that they're trying to maintain their professional relationship. Really. That Molly did her best to undermine her supposed friend's judgment and sauced that BS with a bucket of priggishness - oof, Molly's a 30-year old stuck in middle school.

In this episode, ok, she was annoyed at Issa for inviting Condola to stay for a meal. Fair enough. But when Issa asks her privately if she wants to Condola to go, she didn't say, "Yeah, could you just tell her I was hoping to talk about something private?" Instead, she's gonna hold it against Issa.

With Andrew, it just seems like it's part of a pattern where when Molly's ready for something, there's something wrong with the other person if they're not in the same place. There's not just a difference. TBH, a month of seeing each other could be experienced as, well, nothing in terms of time.

• Love 4

Aaannnnd Asian bae definitely took that cake. 👀

Loved Tifanny's Cleopatra look.

A mime with a big d!ck. Kelli does have good ideas!

If Issa kept seeing that TSA guy she was going to need to have a chiropractor on speed dial. And after the end of that bathroom scene, I now have something to add to my list of Moments on TV Which May Have Scarred Me Life. OMG.

Start texting your ex and all of a sudden you got a paper trail.

Ditto comments upthread, is Molly trying to hit on her co-worker? Awkwardly? He doesn't seem like a good backup plan for Andrew to me. Plus there's the huge potential for messiness at work if things don't go well.

I need more Looking for LaToya!

A Toyota is a car! They ain't never gonna find that poor girl. 😕

• LOL 2
On 4/20/2020 at 5:15 PM, mrsbagnet said:

I could not agree more. Good for her for speaking up and telling him what she wanted. She has every right to ask for what she wants from the relationship. If he's not agreeable, then they can both find somebody else.

I agree with Molly in principle in both episodes about her issues with Asian bae.   But it’s how she articulate her needs that makes me feel like she’s doing too much or self sabotaging.   Last week she was super passive aggressive about it.  And this week if she had changed her approach he may not have been so defensive and felt the need to flee.  She framed it as this you have a problem.  Instead of this is what I need from you to feel more connected.  I want to connect with you, and I think you want the same.

• Love 2

I think Issa and Molly's friendship is just going through normal growing pains. When you are in your 20's, it is easier to have that "best friend" that you are super tight with and share everything. As you get older, life gets more complicated and you mature (hopefully). It's natural for that BFF friendship to need to shift and breathe as new situations and relationships come into your life. 

I thought Molly not sharing Andrew's apology with Issa immediately was a sign of her adapting and maturing. It meant something to Molly, and she just wanted to keep that for herself at the moment. 

• Love 5
On 4/19/2020 at 11:11 PM, Stardancer Supreme said:

She is also lowkey jealous of Issa's friendship with Condola. 

I wish Lawrence would not be in the picture.  He's either going to propose to Condola or take up with Issa again.

Not so low-key.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Ditto comments upthread, is Molly trying to hit on her co-worker? Awkwardly? He doesn't seem like a good backup plan for Andrew to me. Plus there's the huge potential for messiness at work if things don't go well.

What she said to Taurean didn't sound to me like she was hitting on him at all. She knew that she fucked up with him on a professional level last season and she's been trying to figure out how to get past that. She tried making chitchat about his trip to get a friendly conversation going and that didn't work. She tried not contradicting him in front of their coworkers at that meeting and that didn't work either. She finally just admitted that she knew she made a mistake and that she was trying not to piss him off any further. To me that sounded like she was trying to make things right/not sabotage her career any further. That said, I think she's going to end up hooking up with him (or at least trying to).

• Love 20
On 4/22/2020 at 5:42 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

She finally just admitted that she knew she made a mistake and that she was trying not to piss him off any further. To me that sounded like she was trying to make things right/not sabotage her career any further. 

Same.  I hate that she's acting this way around Taurean, but I get why she's doing it.  I hope they don't go the romantic route.

Last week, Molly told Issa that she was dumping Andrew since he was seeing other people.  Not surprising, Molly always calls it quits when she notices the first flaw.  But this week, she immediately apologized when Andrew called when she was out hiking. 

Although she wasn't wrong in what she wanted from Andrew (just the way she expressed it) it shows that Molly is learning from her mistakes.  She's got her own issues and now she's willing to hear people out, something she didn't do before.

• Love 3