Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Athena

S05.E09: Monsters and Heroes

6 hours ago, theschnauzers said:

No, these last three episodes are set in 1771. 

I know, I was being facetious.  😉  I was surprised the other poster thought that the show had jumped 100 years. 

Edited by cardigirl

5 hours ago, cardigirl said:

I know, I was being facetious.  😉  I was surprised the other poster thought that the show had jumped 100 years. 

Haha! mistype! 

• Laugh 1

On 4/21/2020 at 1:53 PM, Cdh20 said:

I think some people  missed the point of Claire’s touch! These two have a special bond, something kind of magical if you will, can I say that because it’s a show that includes time travel? In case you missed it sex is also a very important ingredient in their relationship, but that was not what I got out of that scene- it was intimacy at its finest! 

I do not mind all the jokes though, I find them highly amusing! 

The handjob was a bit much though. 

• Like 5

On 4/20/2020 at 5:05 PM, ferjy said:

It really was. It’s not as if he’s an athlete, or a teenager. Or a weenie like me. I’d rather have my leg cut off than have a bowlful of maggots munching on me. {{shudder}} 😉

That’s what I would have warned Claire about. “Ye can cut off my leg, but put those wee beasties on me and I canna answer for my actions.” 😄

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

23 hours ago, Lola82 said:

Agreed, it was about their bond. Skin to skin contact is extremely important for newborns and mothers to solidify a bond so why not have it work in this case. 

Body to body, sure. Hand to dick? Not so much. 😏

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

17 hours ago, jenn31 said:

Body to body, sure. Hand to dick? Not so much. 😏

Maybe it's like in the movie Crank where you gotta get the adrenaline up 🙂

• Laugh 1

Question that I ask rhetorically: who sleeps in the nude when they sleep in the same room with a toddler who can see and say things?

Questions because I have no idea:

1. Do they have that kind of fall foliage in North Carolina? I thought the picture of rolling hill with fall foliage (especially if the trees are maple) was typical to U.S. Northeast / Canada East.
  2. Why did they hunt? Did the not have livestock in the farms of Fraser Ridge?

Snuggling together naked to help someone with hypothermia (as Jamie indicated he was cold) is a technique that is still used today. However, for that to work of course they both need to be under the blanket tightly. And no, that technique does not include reaching down and make a stroke.

Edited by TV Anonymous
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TV Anonymous said:

Why did they hunt? Did the not have livestock in the farms of Fraser Ridge?

Just a guess - probably both. Maybe they don't have enough of a sustainable livestock yet. Plus, the chance to get a bison. The animal offers more than just the meat. The skins, etc. 

4 hours ago, TV Anonymous said:

Question that I ask rhetorically: who sleeps in the nude when they sleep in the same room with a toddler who can see and say things?

Questions because I have no idea:

1. Do they have that kind of fall foliage in North Carolina? I thought the picture of rolling hill with fall foliage (especially if the trees are maple) was typical to U.S. Northeast / Canada East.
  2. Why did they hunt? Did the not have livestock in the farms of Fraser Ridge?

1. They're in the mountains so, yes, they do have that kind of fall foliage in North Carolina.

2. Livestock are not an infinite resource. The hunting supplements what they farm for themselves.

I wonder too, given that livestock weren't pumped full of growth hormones back then, if it took a lot longer for a cow or pig to be ready for slaughter? 

Edited by BitterApple

On 4/20/2020 at 6:29 PM, Hanahope said:

Clair will need to be careful with the make-shift syringe since it won’t be airtight.  Don’t squeeze till empty.

She strangely injected into the wound instead of a vein, so I think she was safe that time. 

On 4/23/2020 at 8:32 AM, Lola82 said:

Maybe it's like in the movie Crank where you gotta get the adrenaline up 🙂

But blood rushing south could have been deadly.