Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: Together Again

Believing they are better without her, Ahsoka makes a deal to free the Martez sisters and soon attempts her own escape, but she is left reeling from the discovery of the true mastermind behind the Pyke spice operation

That wasn't how I was hoping it would go, but the "you can *do* that" from the sisters trying to understand that 'jedi' doesn't make a person was an important theme in the episode. 

I didn't watch the Solo movie, but I understand Maul is some criminal boss at this point in time, which bores me, as it did that he made it to the future in Rebels, because he's overused as a plot device, which I get at this point it's a not!Sith foil to Ahsoka, but I hope it doesn't dominate the narrative. 

I am glad that the ladies both were accepting of Ahsoka in the end though.

Really though, does every ship have guns in this galaxy so far away? It's the equivalent of me having an AR-15 turret on my Subaru on the way to work. 

8 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Really though, does every ship have guns in this galaxy so far away? It's the equivalent of me having an AR-15 turret on my Subaru on the way to work. 

To quote the Simpsons: “short answer yes, with an if... long answer no, with a but...”

I think the “wars” part of Star Wars skews our perspective a bit- a lot of the ships we see are explicitly military, or converted freighters that are used in battle.  However, of the few civilian vehicles I can think of- Luke or Bail’s speeders, Ahsoka’s bike, that bus thing that Ani and Padme take in AotC- I don’t recall those having weapons.  It is somewhat strange that a cargo ship like the Silver Angel would have guns- iirc, most modern freighters do not.  However, Star Wars is lousy with pirates, smugglers, and gangsters- so maybe it’s just a given that any transport ship is going to need to defend itself.

9 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

The original trilogy was a samurai wild west mashup...so personal and mounted weapons should be pervasive in that galaxy.

• Love 1
On 4/11/2020 at 7:52 AM, Chyromaniac said:

To quote the Simpsons: “short answer yes, with an if... long answer no, with a but...”

I mean, it's just a throwaway comment. I can buy with the smugglers, pirates, wild west aspect of the whole thing that the sisters, or any freighter outfit would either buy a ship with a gun or retrofit it. Just about every character in all walks of the show universe carries a gun or a giant laser sword. I wasn't calling bs.

Makes one wonder even though the show it set in a time of war, even in so-called peace time, there's still rampant lawlessness anyway. Plus, how much are their lives going to be changing when the death star blows up? Probably not much. 

1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Plus, how much are their lives going to be changing when the death star blows up? Probably not much. 

Events on The Mandalorian support your conclusion...

To quote Han Solo "I've got a bad feeling about this."  Specifically I've got a bad feeling about the sisters just going home after all that went down.  I'm concerned that they will still face retribution and Ahsoka won't be around to help. 

That being said, I'm glad the Mandalorians showed up and insisted that Ahsoka go with them because she is a disaster magnet and she really shouldn't be hanging out with regular people.  But bad-ass warriors like Bo-Katan & Co. should be able to handle whatever trouble she attracts.

Can I just say again how much I'm loving the Grrrrrrl power in this show?

• LOL 1
On 9/1/2020 at 1:43 PM, WatchrTina said:

That being said, I'm glad the Mandalorians showed up and insisted that Ahsoka go with them because she is a disaster magnet and she really shouldn't be hanging out with regular people.  But bad-ass warriors like Bo-Katan & Co. should be able to handle whatever trouble she attracts.

That is hilariously true, and it sort of explains away any “I have no common sense” choices the sisters made. It’s a side effect of being next to a disaster magnet.

• Love 1