Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E15: Two Moms, Their Daughter, and a Baby

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

@Mahamid Frauded Me, your Strife posts are always gold.  I agree, Janelle is MUCH more likable than bitchy, selfish, Meri and Robyn.  I do hate the way Janelle talks about Kootie like he's some awesome father, when it's so apparent that he sucks as a dad AND a husband.

AND as a human being.  🙂 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, oceanview said:

As I recall, years ago, Meri made a big deal about getting more education, but I do not honestly remember if she completed anything. 

IIRC, while in Utah, Meri had planned to quit working and go back to school and work on a degree of some kind, but then they they fled to Vegas.  She talked about taking classes after they were in Vegas but I don't think she ever did more than talk about it.  I don't think she has more than an associates degree from before the show started, if she even has that. 

I think Janelle has an associates degree, but I don't think she has a bachelor's or anything close to a 4 year degree in accounting.  She worked in, I think, an accounts payable? department in Utah, but I never got the impression she did more than an entry level type job there, and definitely not a department head with any authority. I could be way off base about her, but those are my lingering impressions about her from discussions years ago.

I think the adults all received mediocre educations, some from plyg community schools with questionable accreditations.  One thing I'm impressed with this family is the drive and motivation of their kids to pursue their educations and actually DO something with their futures.  IDK if it was because of their parent's good influences - Ha - or if it was the opposite and the kids want better educations because they remember their parent's lives in Utah and don't want the same thing for themselves.

Edited by rayndon
  • Love 11
57 minutes ago, rayndon said:

IIRC, while in Utah, Meri had planned to quit working and go back to school and work on a degree of some kind, but then they they fled to Vegas.  She talked about taking classes after they were in Vegas but I don't think she ever did more than talk about it.  I don't think she has more than an associates degree from before the show started, if she even has that. 

IIRC, Meri decided to go back to school AFTER they all moved to Las Vegas.  Robyn was planning to use her as cheap labor to pack and ship stuff for their online "store" (My Sisterwife's Closet).  When Meri saw that she was expected to actually DO something, she went to Robyn and told her that she was going to go back to school so that she could go back into her chosen field of working with at-risk children.

Robyn was pissed.

And Meri (to the best of the knowledge of anyone who watches the show) never attended a class.  She was probably too busy with Sam.

• Love 12
On 4/14/2020 at 9:06 PM, whydoievencare said:

Teacherwoman, perhaps you should tell the whole class!  (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

OMG.  I almost had my reply finished and clicked some "magic keys" and lost it all.

So here is how Gabriel, or Gavin as Kody thinks of him, (thanks whoever threw that out Sunday) may have been able to finish his senior year in one summer.

If a student takes and passes the appropriate classes (English, social studies, math, science) each year and works in other required courses (like PE, foreign language, fine arts) in their first three years, they can enter their senior year needing few courses.

States often have two levels of diplomas -- let's call them basic and recommended -- with the basic requiring fewer courses.  If a student works as if the want a recommended diploma and change to basic at the end of their junior year, they may only need a couple classes to graduate -- maybe Senior English, Economics, Government.  Of course, districts want to claim the high percentage of graduates on the higher diploma plan, but that isn't always in the kid's best interest.

I have seen many students graduate early who really needed to.  Students who were just over high school and ready to start college, students who needed to graduate early to avoid waiting an entire year for another spot in the program they wanted in the military, students who were going to have a baby, students whose parents were moving and they didn't want a senior year in a new school. Like Gabe.

He did his senior year in a summer but it is quite possible that was only a couple classes., and not quite as daunting as it originally sounds.

Edited by TeacherWoman
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

IIRC, Meri decided to go back to school AFTER they all moved to Las Vegas.  Robyn was planning to use her as cheap labor to pack and ship stuff for their online "store" (My Sisterwife's Closet).  When Meri saw that she was expected to actually DO something, she went to Robyn and told her that she was going to go back to school so that she could go back into her chosen field of working with at-risk children.

Robyn was pissed.

And Meri (to the best of the knowledge of anyone who watches the show) never attended a class.  She was probably too busy with Sam.

I agree.  I remember Meri, in their house in Utah, talking about quitting her job at the group home and wanting to pursue her education, but the move to Vegas squashed those thoughts.  Do you remember any of that? 

She talked and talked and talked about classes once they were in Vegas but nothing ever came of it.  People everywhere urged her to sign up but the talk, tweets, etc never materialized into anything.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, rayndon said:

I agree.  I remember Meri, in their house in Utah, talking about quitting her job at the group home and wanting to pursue her education, but the move to Vegas squashed those thoughts.  Do you remember any of that? 

She talked and talked and talked about classes once they were in Vegas but nothing ever came of it.  People everywhere urged her to sign up but the talk, tweets, etc never materialized into anything.

Meri opted out of helping with SW and stated that she was going to take some courses and wouldn't have time for the jewelry biz.  She did start a few courses but they quickly fell by the wayside when she spent her spare time fishing.  She thought she had landed a prize marlin but it turned out to be a common catfish.

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
49 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Meri opted out of helping with SW and stated that she was going to take some courses and wouldn't have time for the jewelry biz.  She did start a few courses but they quickly fell by the wayside when she spent her spare time fishing.  She thought she had landed a prize marlin but it turned out to be a common catfish.

Not defending Meri here, but I was thinking that only Robyn wanted the sister's wives closet and the other wives weren't interested.  Robyn did her cry/cry/cry thing and was really put out that the other three wives weren't interested.  Robyn said it had to be a "fambly thing".  I thought the family told Robyn that it was more of a hobby and she was all bent out of shape over that?

• Love 17

I had to check My Sister Wife's Closet.  It looks like the site has had nothing new since January of 2019.  image.png.f28fc7b09b7e27e52b85a434d6dd5f55.png

This is the listing of tags and blog posts.  It's definitely all Robyn, all the time. 

image.png.f795469d1dfb3521435ba6bc575909f9.png

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 4/16/2020 at 9:55 PM, Kyanight said:

Not defending Meri here, but I was thinking that only Robyn wanted the sister's wives closet and the other wives weren't interested.  Robyn did her cry/cry/cry thing and was really put out that the other three wives weren't interested.  Robyn said it had to be a "fambly thing".  I thought the family told Robyn that it was more of a hobby and she was all bent out of shape over that?

True, it was Robyn's dream and she expected all the sister wives to do the bulk of the work, while she doodled designs for her over priced items.  

• Love 15
8 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

True, it was Robyn's dream and she expected all the sister wives to do the bulk of the work, while she doodled designs for her over priced items.  

That store carried the strangest assortment of stuff. On one end was overpriced silver jewelry (a lot of it with entwined vines, designed by and meaningful to the Browns but not necessarily to anybody else) and the lower-priced generic costume jewelry with mottos (inspire, etc.) that could be found in any mall store or gift shop. They added aprons, scarves, and a few kids items. I think Robyn thought people would buy because the Browns were celebrities, but even on sale, they couldn't unload the expensive items. And Robyn did consider it a fambly business when it came to doing paperwork, unboxing stock, and packing and shipping. I don't blame Meri for not wanting to get involved. 

• Love 15
On 4/16/2020 at 3:13 PM, rayndon said:

One thing I'm impressed with this family is the drive and motivation of their kids to pursue their educations and actually DO something with their futures.  IDK if it was because of their parent's good influences - Ha - or if it was the opposite and the kids want better educations because they remember their parent's lives in Utah and don't want the same thing for themselves.

Other than Logan actually doing something real in terms of his future, what have the other kids done yet? Maddie and her husband seem to live either off public assistance or the family coffers, while they continue having more kids they can't afford. And what does Fat Tony and Mykelti live off of? AFAIK, they have mediocre jobs at best, the sort that don't require much edumacation. Didnt Mykelti work in a pawn shop? And the pretty girl, the one who married Big Red? What does she do for a job? I didn't think she had one to be honest. Pariah, well she might get a job someday, but what's she actually doing right now? All the others are still at home.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Other than Logan actually doing something real in terms of his future, what have the other kids done yet? Maddie and her husband seem to live either off public assistance or the family coffers, while they continue having more kids they can't afford. And what does Fat Tony and Mykelti live off of? AFAIK, they have mediocre jobs at best, the sort that don't require much edumacation. Didnt Mykelti work in a pawn shop? And the pretty girl, the one who married Big Red? What does she do for a job? I didn't think she had one to be honest. Pariah, well she might get a job someday, but what's she actually doing right now? All the others are still at home.

At least 3 of the older boys are in the military in one form of another.  One just this week graduated from the Airforce Academy and Paedon recently completed training for the National Guard. 

Maddie's husband Caleb is apprenticing as an elevator mechanic and from what I understand, even the apprenticeship pays well and hopefully provides them with a good health care plan, they are going to need it.

Tony seems to be still employed with Wells Fargo bank and Mykelti sells LLRoe and even if they are not raking in the big bucks, they seem to be good money managers, they have bought themselves a home in St. George that appears to be a very nice home in a good neighborhood.  Their decorating standards are not mine but WTH, they seem to love it.

Aspyn worked for a jewelry boutique when they lived in LV and she and Mitch have recently moved to Utah.  Not sure where or if she is employed there but Mitch is a carpenter, I think he is employed in his family's business. 

There is hope for most of these young 'uns.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
14 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Their decorating standards are not mine but WTH, they seem to love it.

Two of FT's friends live with them so that helps with mortgage payments.  Mykelti also sells some sort of stick on contact paper for nails.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Two of FT's friends live with them so that helps with mortgage payments.  Mykelti also sells some sort of stick on contact paper for nails.

According to Mykelti, Paedon lives there too.  I'm not sure if they're all that great at managing money - owning a house doesn't automatically equate to being wise with money. They seem to spend as fast as they get - they probably HAVE to have three other people helping with the mortgage so they can afford things like flashy new cars and trucks (and the insurance premiums). Being a banker at WFB is basically a sales job, from what I've heard. It probably helps that he speaks Spanish. 

Aspyn had a job in SLC at another branch of the same jewelry store. Don't recall the name at the moment. I'm not sure how far SLC is from Lehi where they apparently live now, so who knows if she's still doing that. She was selling those nails too, but took down her social media. No social media = no sales. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Aspyn had a job in SLC at another branch of the same jewelry store. Don't recall the name at the moment. I'm not sure how far SLC is from Lehi where they apparently live now, so who knows if she's still doing that. She was selling those nails too, but took down her social media. No social media = no sales. 

It’s Kendra Scott. I’d assume the stores are closed at the moment.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 4/10/2020 at 12:53 AM, smarty2020 said:

If they ever have a Tell All my first question I'd like them to answer is: what did Kody mean when he said Meri deceived him before they got married?

I would love to ask do you still split your time evenly with the three wives? And watch their faces  

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, Pooky said:

I would love to ask do you still split your time evenly with the three wives? And watch their faces  

probably why they didn't do a Tell All this time around. Theoretically, they could use Zoom or Skype, but I don't think they're editable and I can only look up Janelle's nostrils for so long. Like 30 seconds.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

probably why they didn't do a Tell All this time around. Theoretically, they could use Zoom or Skype, but I don't think they're editable and I can only look up Janelle's nostrils for so long. Like 30 seconds.

I can just imagine Kody would be.. like well with this Coronavirus I had to stay with one wife and Robin needs the support most she has my babies..  and also thats where all my clothes are...

He really likes to twist every situation in his favour.. and thinks he comes across as so believable... 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

I'm so tired of their "what do monogamists dooooooo?" speculation, as if the concept of two people -- and two people only -- in a marriage is such a foreign concept they can barely wrap their minds around it.

I can only speak as one monogamous woman, but I can tell you what I don't do: I don't live in fear of encountering my husband's other "wives" when I take my trash to the curb. So there's that.

Agreed.  Besides, is what she saying really true?  If the wives need Kootie to babysit (HA!) I bet they have to check with him, then.  Any major purchases probably have to get his approval, too.  And, he does have the FINAL say whether or not he calls them to his planet.  What a belief system you have there! 😏

So, Christine, I guess YOU DO have to discuss things with that moron you're yoked with.  Getting input from your loving and cherished partner.  Imagine that.  🙄

• Love 9
On 4/13/2020 at 4:03 PM, bichonblitz said:

I don't find it strange at all that Meri was not there for Maddie. They don't like each other so I doubt Maddie wanted her there. Isn't it pretty well known that they had a pretty heated twitter war at one time? (posts have since been deleted). Meri was also not invited to Axel's birth, either. She was outside of the closed bedroom door while everybody else was inside. Heh, poor Meri. 

can you recall what it was about? Maddie used to "work for" Meri's ugly clothing shill line. (fugly  fugly) so would love to hear what went down

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Pooky said:

I can just imagine Kody would be.. like well with this Coronavirus I had to stay with one wife and Robin needs the support most she has my babies..  and also that's where all my clothes are...

but apparently not all 15 of his pillows

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 10
6 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

So, Christine, I guess YOU DO have to discuss things with that moron you're yoked with.  Getting input from your loving and cherished partner.  Imagine that.  

Monogamist women who support themselves don't have to ask permission for every purchase.

• Love 10
On 4/14/2020 at 12:43 PM, whydoievencare said:

Anyone remember a few seasons back when Kody and Christine went a little vacation which included going for counselling?  That was when Christine and Kody weren't getting along very well - one of the recommended tasks was building something together on a beach (if I remember correctly).  Kody wasn't being nice to Christine and was essentially saying that until Christine was totally accepting of all the wives, then he was going to have a problem with her.  And yet he doesn't say anything to Robyn when she says that she is only married to him and not the other wives?  Isn't that missing the whole point of polygamy?  And would Robyn have said that if she wasn't the one legally married to Kody - like she got the prize and the other women didn't?  Meri (although I can't stand her) must regret her legal divorce every minute of every day.

I watched a re-run the other day, where the ladies go to help Robin find her wedding dress. I bet she and Kody had already discussed going together OR she had it in her mind that she wanted Kody to fawn over her and choose the gown together. She had no intention of getting the dress with her soon to be sister wives. And then she was defensive about it.

And HOO BOY, I had forgotten how ugly she got about feeling she should have equal time with Kody prior to the marriage, and she was very rude and entitled to all of the Sisterwives when they all felt that should be for when she was married.  

back then I thought it was really rude that no one offered to help her with her children, or getting ready for the wedding on her special day. 

I was fooled by Robin at first, Now I see it as genius.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, WaterSpirit said:

I watched a re-run the other day, where the ladies go to help Robin find her wedding dress. I bet she and Kody had already discussed going together OR she had it in her mind that she wanted Kody to fawn over her and choose the gown together. She had no intention of getting the dress with her soon to be sister wives. And then she was defensive about it.

And HOO BOY, I had forgotten how ugly she got about feeling she should have equal time with Kody prior to the marriage, and she was very rude and entitled to all of the Sisterwives when they all felt that should be for when she was married.  

back then I thought it was really rude that no one offered to help her with her children, or getting ready for the wedding on her special day. 

I was fooled by Robin at first, Now I see it as genius.

She also said she deserved the two week honeymoon in San Diego.  Which none of the other wives got, much less one for two weeks.  

• Love 12
10 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

can you recall what it was about? Maddie used to "work for" Meri's ugly clothing shill line. (fugly  fugly) so would love to hear what went down

I don't know exactly what went down, it was during the time Maddy was working for Meri. It was more or less insults being thrown back and forth but never really directed at the actual problem. Then ,poof! Tweets gone. 

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't know exactly what went down, it was during the time Maddy was working for Meri. It was more or less insults being thrown back and forth but never really directed at the actual problem. Then ,poof! Tweets gone. 

I didn't see the initial tweets, but those that did, related something about Meri chiding her down line not to treat LLR as a "hobby business".  There must have been another exchange between Meri and Maddie for Maddie to take this remark personally to herself.  That tweet by Meri seemed to be the catalyst that lit Maddie's ass on fire.

• Love 6

My take on the MEri Maddie feud.  Someone in Meri’s downline wasn’t  working as hard as she thought she should be. I think Meri  was passive aggressively attacking Christine, and Maddie came after her. “Safety net” could be the woman who raised her, deserving of her loyalty. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, lindalouwho said:

My take on the MEri Maddie feud.  Someone in Meri’s downline wasn’t  working as hard as she thought she should be. I think Meri  was passive aggressively attacking Christine, and Maddie came after her. “Safety net” could be the woman who raised her, deserving of her loyalty. 

But Christine wasn't doing LLR at the time, I don't think she started until the move to Flagstaff to help pay her mortgage which probably was more than her Vegas mortgage. If it's true that the Browns had to take a pay cut (someone on Reddit opined that Christine makes $180k annually from the show which isn't a lot of money considering) then she NEEDS a side gig, but she's got really zero experience. And she's unmotivated to go learn a new skill. Truley is the same age my younger sisters were when my mom decided to go to college for a business degree. 

• Love 7

Christine is good at selling her LLR on facebook.  She's charming and down to earth.  She tries to acknowledge people who are watching her live videos.  If she does need another job after the show is over she could do sales.  Still, I wonder how much she nets from LLR - she seems to sell a lot but not sure how much that translates to income for her.

• Love 5
On 4/19/2020 at 3:37 PM, DakotaJustice said:

Right, up close and personal with the chicken mcnugget over her lip. Meri's two bad teeth, Christines frown wrinkles deeper than the Grand Canyon and Robyns neck goiter that looks like the ring around Saturn

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
got my planets mixed up, i know I am uranus
  • LOL 11
16 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Right, up close and personal with the chicken mcnugget over her lip. Meri's two bad teeth, Christines frown wrinkles deeper than the Grand Canyon and Robyns neck goiter that looks like the ring around Saturn

You forgot to mention the chin??  How could you?  And I look forward to all of your apt descriptions, too!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

Christine is good at selling her LLR on facebook.  She's charming and down to earth.  She tries to acknowledge people who are watching her live videos.  If she does need another job after the show is over she could do sales.  Still, I wonder how much she nets from LLR - she seems to sell a lot but not sure how much that translates to income for her.

Agreed, Christine would be really good at sales.  I can even see her outselling Meri.  

• Love 6

One:  Zoom is editable.  When you record, it becomes and Mp4 and can be edited like any video.  Maybe there was so little happening this season that there was no point in doing a tell-all?  The moving issue has been beaten to death and what else happened this season besides the birth?  NADA.  (Although they could do a whole show about Kody being a jackass, and get him some therapy but he wouldn't listen anyway. 

Two:  The twitter war was shared in the last episode's discussion.  I knew nothing about it and someone kindly shared it.  Apparently, Meri made some comment about people who don't do LLR as a business and instead treat it as a  hobby.  Maddie took major offense and posted three comments about people who abuse you and how she no longer had to have anything to do with her.  Here is is:

From Soapdirt,

This social media showdown happened Tuesday morning. It started when Meri Brown tweeted that someone wasn’t working at their potential. But the snarky-sounding tweet didn’t mention a name although she made herself clear.

The Sister Wives celeb said Lularoe isn’t fun or a hobby, but a business to be taken seriously. The comment also seemed to suggest the person she’s referring to should take their work more seriously.

image.png.c30643816697904365c0ffdcac72db2e.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Agreed, Christine would be really good at sales.  I can even see her outselling Meri.  

I wouldn't buy a cup of cold water in the desert from Meri.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

Same Youtuber, Fascinating video...she showed the home records and lots--plural--that Kodouche and Robyn bought and now they are in financial issues because they took a huge pay cut in their earnings for the show--from 900K per season to 180K (for ALL of them to split) to keep the show on the air, and they are requesting a 180K home equity loan at the end of March 2020.  WOW. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, suzywallis said:

Same Youtuber, Fascinating video...she showed the home records and lots--plural--that Kodouche and Robyn bought and now they are in financial issues because they took a huge pay cut in their earnings for the show--from 900K per season to 180K (for ALL of them to split) to keep the show on the air, and they are requesting a 180K home equity loan at the end of March 2020.  WOW. 

there's no way they can all afford to live on $180k divided by 5, let alone qualify for a $900k house.
We'll never know for sure how much they make, but I'm guessing it's closer to $180k x 5. which would be $900k total.  that's really not much, especially considering that they have to pay all their taxes, insurance, vacation etc.  They're not employees of TLC so they aren't getting benefits.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

there's no way they can all afford to live on $180k divided by 5, let alone qualify for a $900k house.
We'll never know for sure how much they make, but I'm guessing it's closer to $180k x 5. which would be $900k total.  that's really not much, especially considering that they have to pay all their taxes, insurance, vacation etc.  They're not employees of TLC so they aren't getting benefits.

if you watch the video about the equity loan on the new house, it is explained how Kody took a drastic pay cut before Season 11? or maybe after that season to keep the show on the air.  So it is 180K for all of them to film

• Love 1
5 hours ago, crimson23 said:

if you watch the video about the equity loan on the new house, it is explained how Kody took a drastic pay cut before Season 11? or maybe after that season to keep the show on the air.  So it is 180K for all of them to film

I'll watch it, but how could she or anyone else know their actual renumeration from TLC? It's a deep dark secret. 

That would be $35k apiece for the five of them. That's poverty level, especially in an area like Flagstaff with a high cost of living. They're driving around in new cars, that means they can afford the lease payments and car insurance (remember they have 5-6 young drivers still living at home $$$). They might have taken a pay cut (we don't know for sure) but it was probably from $1 million for the season total to $900k total. A $100k pay cut (10%) is pretty drastic and would have an adverse affect. 

$180k apiece with all their expenses and fixed costs isn't much. Take Janelle for example: 

Rent $3k a month x 12 = 36k annually (there goes the TLC money if they're only splitting $180k)

Health insurance for her and two kids - full cost rather than subsidized by an employer

Fixed costs like utilities

Car payment and insurance which would have to include Gabe

Gas and maintenance for said vehicle

Gabe's school books and expenses

Savannah's expenses

Groceries

Coffee

Trips to visit her kids when they're not filming it (I assume TLC pays for the filmed trips) 

State and federal income taxes

Given the above, even 180k wouldn't leave much extra money. 

Okay, I'm watching it and all the stuff she's talking about is public record. The property records, the bankruptcies...there are public sources for that. Then she quotes The Sun about the home equity loan.  Most of the stuff she talks about WE ALL KNOW ALREADY. It's stuff we've discussed here at length. She's just repeating our own thoughts here. 

She's interesting for sure, but I think she's quoting the Interwebz gossip and conjecture when it comes to their TLC pay. 

Even with $180k a year apiece I can see Kody and Ko outspending their income. That's the way they've always been. They could be making $2 million a year and they'd outspend. It's just how they are.

Based on the ratings this season (thanks @Absolom) I'm guessing that they'll get more money next season. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 11

@DakotaJustice  You also forgot the 20K a year in fast food. We have all seen her mumbles on Strife and some of the groceries she buys for her "game changer" suppers on chipped plates are organic and expensive.

They all drive expensive vehicles, I think Infiniti's - even if they are leasing them that is still around 500 a month easily. They will never have the funds to build on Plague Plots, they should just gather up the picnic tables and put them up for sale. I would think you would have to have cash to even start to build a house.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

@DakotaJustice  You also forgot the 20K a year in fast food. We have all seen her mumbles on Strife and some of the groceries she buys for her "game changer" suppers on chipped plates are organic and expensive.

They all drive expensive vehicles, I think Infiniti's - even if they are leasing them that is still around 500 a month easily. They will never have the funds to build on Plague Plots, they should just gather up the picnic tables and put them up for sale. I would think you would have to have cash to even start to build a house.

I've never even dabbled in real estate but I would think that just obtaining the initial permits would be pretty spendy. @toodles is our Real Estate expert so I value her input (which is why I tagged her just now...hint hint)

• Love 4

That $180,000 "pay cut" to keep the show on air is a rumor that has run around and around for years now.  Like Dakota mentioned...NO ONE can ever know the amounts in the Browns contracts as they are locked up behind non nondisclosure agreements.

I don't click on the celebrity clickbait "articles" often...but I wouldn't be surprised if that particular rumor was one of those websites that used Kendra as the source "close to the family".  Even years later she pops up trying desperately to be relevant. Robyn cut that cord years ago.  Even JO, the catfisher tried to give out tidbits to those clickbait sites. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'll watch it, but how could she or anyone else know their actual renumeration from TLC? It's a deep dark secret. 

That would be $35k apiece for the five of them. That's poverty level, especially in an area like Flagstaff with a high cost of living. They're driving around in new cars, that means they can afford the lease payments and car insurance (remember they have 5-6 young drivers still living at home $$$). They might have taken a pay cut (we don't know for sure) but it was probably from $1 million for the season total to $900k total. A $100k pay cut (10%) is pretty drastic and would have an adverse affect. 

$180k apiece with all their expenses and fixed costs isn't much. Take Janelle for example: 

Rent $3k a month x 12 = 36k annually (there goes the TLC money if they're only splitting $180k)

Health insurance for her and two kids - full cost rather than subsidized by an employer

Fixed costs like utilities

Car payment and insurance which would have to include Gabe

Gas and maintenance for said vehicle

Gabe's school books and expenses

Savannah's expenses

Groceries

Coffee

Trips to visit her kids when they're not filming it (I assume TLC pays for the filmed trips) 

State and federal income taxes

Given the above, even 180k wouldn't leave much extra money. 

Okay, I'm watching it and all the stuff she's talking about is public record. The property records, the bankruptcies...there are public sources for that. Then she quotes The Sun about the home equity loan.  Most of the stuff she talks about WE ALL KNOW ALREADY. It's stuff we've discussed here at length. She's just repeating our own thoughts here. 

She's interesting for sure, but I think she's quoting the Interwebz gossip and conjecture when it comes to their TLC pay. 

Even with $180k a year apiece I can see Kody and Ko outspending their income. That's the way they've always been. They could be making $2 million a year and they'd outspend. It's just how they are.

Based on the ratings this season (thanks @Absolom) I'm guessing that they'll get more money next season. 

At the most they might be making $600K a season.  No way were they ever making $900K.  

• Love 4