Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Giant Misfit

S18.E08: The Battles Part 3

Recommended Posts

Airs April 6, 2020

Quote

The battle rounds conclude as the coaches enlist music industry powerhouses Jonas Brothers, Dua Lipa, Ella Mai and Bebe Rexha to prepare their artists to go head-to-head in hope of advancing to the knockouts; each coach has one steal and one save.

 

Share this post


Link to post

People I haven’t been watching this show all season. Turned it on tonight in time to see the “Missing You” duet. All I can say is both those people should have been sent home. (I actually turned it off and didnt see the result but I have to think the guy got sent away, right? Both had no sense of the song but he couldn’t pick a key at all)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, lgprimes said:

People I haven’t been watching this show all season. Turned it on tonight in time to see the “Missing You” duet. All I can say is both those people should have been sent home. (I actually turned it off and didnt see the result but I have to think the guy got sent away, right? Both had no sense of the song but he couldn’t pick a key at all)

I kept thinking that was about the WORST song anyone could have picked for either of them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Just had an odd thought.  We know that they play fast and loose with the timeline, but what would happen if, since they knew Thundercloud would be paired with Ce(something, can't remember her name) they ALL saved their steals for that battle?  Would they then be forced to go back and reshoot the ending of two different battles so the "losers" could then "steal" someone else?  They probably wouldn't make them forfeit the steal because then they would have uneven knock-outs and it would screw up their timing for the show..  And what would happen if you didn't use your save (because you were planning on using it for a specific pairing that was going last) and someone else used a steal?  Would they then have to have someone go back and save someone different?

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Man, Samuel the military guy whiffed his chance. That's about as big of a decline from Blind to Battle that I can remember over the seasons.

I'm surprised that Nick used his steal on Jon from Blake's team. I would have thought he might have used it on a younger artist.

Team Blake: Cam, Cedrice (Stolen from John), Joei, Levi, Todd, & Toneisha

Team John: Darious, Joana (stolen from Nick), Mandi Castillo, Mike, Thunderstorm, & Zan

Team Kelly: Anaya, CammWess (Stolen from John), Mandi Thomas, Megan, Micah, & Tayler

Team Nick: Allegra, Arei, Jacob, Jon (Stolen from Blake), Roderick, & Tate

**Plus a 4 way Save battle between Michael (Nick), Nelson (John), Samantha (Kelly), & TMH (Blake)

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

We know that they play fast and loose with the timeline, but what would happen if, since they knew Thundercloud would be paired with Ce(something, can't remember her name) they ALL saved their steals for that battle?  Would they then be forced to go back and reshoot the ending of two different battles so the "losers" could then "steal" someone else?  They probably wouldn't make them forfeit the steal because then they would have uneven knock-outs and it would screw up their timing for the show..  And what would happen if you didn't use your save (because you were planning on using it for a specific pairing that was going last) and someone else used a steal?  Would they then have to have someone go back and save someone different?

The suspicious side of me says that the entire Battle Rounds portion of the season is pre-planned.  I can see the producers sitting around with photos planning out the whole thing, as far as who will battle whom, and who will steal, etc.  Remember, it's TV.  It probably couldn't have worked out so "perfectly" had that not been the case.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Thunderstorm came through in a big way.  His blind audition was not a fluke.  Best among the rest were Megan, Zan, and Cedrice (in that order).

This may sound strange, but though I thought Jon clearly won his battle, I also think Brittney probably deserved to be stolen more than he did.  

Overall, I think Nick ended up with the weakest team.  Allegra is probably his best bet, but the other three teams all have at least one or two strong performers that are her equal or better.

Edited by viajero · Reason: grammar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I hope I haven't missed James Taylor.  I adore him. I think I'm biased. As a North Carolinian, he's pretty much our hero and wrote our state anthem....well, in my mind it is. lol He says in the opening that he wrote the song being homesick.  lol Such a talent. He's very generous to be on The Voice.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I hope I haven't missed James Taylor.  

 

No you haven't!  He'll be on next week I believe.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/7/2020 at 12:07 AM, lgprimes said:

People I haven’t been watching this show all season. Turned it on tonight in time to see the “Missing You” duet. All I can say is both those people should have been sent home. (I actually turned it off and didnt see the result but I have to think the guy got sent away, right? Both had no sense of the song but he couldn’t pick a key at all)

Agree! I really like that song too. I was a fan of it when it came out. The whole time was listening I was thinking they did NOT do it justice. Original artist’s version much better!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Anybody know what will happen when they are ready to go live?  Will this season be postponed or cancelled?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think we will all have to wait a while for the live shows don't you guys? I bet we are all on lockdown throughout the summer. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I guess we will see what happens with the lives.  If they postpone it, a lot of people will probably forget who's who just like I can't remember most of the contestants.  I mostly remember Thunderstorm because of his unique name and he's really good.  I remember the female that sang with him but not her name.  I also remember Cammweiss' name because they forgot it when they sang Happy Birthday to him.

Agree with the comments on the Missing You duet.  The military guy did so much better during the blinds.  The montage battles must have been really bad if they showed this up and some of the other battles.  I remember the battle with Blake's young kid and some other guy was painful to watch too. 

Share this post


Link to post

I found this about the lives. Quotes are from John Legend:

“There were only three weeks of live shows planned and those were for May. I don’t know if we’ll be able to do them without an audience. I think everybody’s playing things by ear because we don’t know where the world’s going to be in May.” By the time the live episodes do begin to air, there will be fewer than a dozen contestants remaining in the competition.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, PBnJay said:

I found this about the lives. Quotes are from John Legend:

“There were only three weeks of live shows planned and those were for May. I don’t know if we’ll be able to do them without an audience. I think everybody’s playing things by ear because we don’t know where the world’s going to be in May.” By the time the live episodes do begin to air, there will be fewer than a dozen contestants remaining in the competition.

I used to say that once the lives start, they get rid of the contestants so fast.  I guess in this case, it's good since that means only three weeks of live shows instead of a ton.  I don't understand why there needs to be an audience.  I guess it's good for support just like having fans at a sporting event.  However, the votes are what counts and people can do that on-line.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size