Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
kendi

S04.E08: Stranger in a Strange Land

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

No you aren’t dumb! But being in a same sex relationship doesn’t make someone gay if they aren’t gay (if they are bisexual for example) it just means they are in a same sex relationship (even if that relationship is their life long committed partnership like a marriage).
 

Someone’s relationship doesn’t change their sexual orientation. Plenty of gay people were forced into (Or chose for a variety of reasons) heterosexual relationships throughout history- that didn’t make them heterosexual. 

I don’t think Stephanie is into Erica, but she could very well be just as into women as she always was but Erica doesn’t do it for her. I am heterosexual but people often don’t think so because I don’t fawn over every man I see (well unless he has muscles, then I’m a weak puppy- like I think Ash is really hot). Lol. 

Thanks Scarlett!

I really hope it doesn't come off as insulting to those who are fluid sexually that we're questioning her motives or her sexuality.  

We're all looking for reasons why Stephanie was so attracted through video chats but seems so unattracted in person esp. since she knew what Erika looked like already.  Erika seems like she's as fun in person as she was in video chats.   I just recalled how my two friends experiences and extrapolated that may be the case with Stephanie.

  

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, sasha206 said:

We're all looking for reasons why Stephanie was so attracted through video chats but seems so unattracted in person esp. since she knew what Erika looked like already.  Erika seems like she's as fun in person as she was in video chats.   I just recalled how my two friends experiences and extrapolated that may be the case with Stephanie.

Yeah. I think Erica is cute. I like her style and her hair is fun (I’m way too conservative style wise for anything like that but I enjoy seeing it on others). 

 

27 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Maybe she isn't sexually attracted to Erika, but she doesn't seem to want to be friends or have any fun with Erika either.  Was she faking her fun-loving persona?  I wonder how her YouTube channel will do once people see that she is not the person she pretends to be.

This is also true. She doesn’t seem to like her at all. Which doesn’t make her a bad person, but one of the reasons why LDR when you meet online are a bad idea. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I know two women who crushed on women and thought they might be gay or bi, but it turned out that they were attracted to their crush because they wanted be or be like their crush, not have sex with them.

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

When we met these two, Erika was having fun, going out, spending time with friends.  Stephanie was home all weekend eating a piece of cheese.  Personality-wise, they haven't changed. 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah. I think Erica is cute. I like her style and her hair is fun (I’m way too conservative style wise for anything like that but I enjoy seeing it on others). 

 

This is also true. She doesn’t seem to like her at all. Which doesn’t make her a bad person, but one of the reasons why LDR when you meet online are a bad idea. 

I think she's cute too!  Her style works for her and she seems like a really sweet, fun person to be around.  I hope she does dump Stephanie and finds someone who truly loves everything about her!

I think in general with someone you've never met before it's a really bad idea to plan your lives together when you've never met!  

Another friend story, only this one hetero, let's call HF -- hetero friend.  HF breaks up with her live-in BF that she cheated on multiple times.  Tells me she's so glad to live alone again.  But within a few weeks of singledom, she's on the dating apps.  First guy she is attracted to, they are messaging back and forth, she tells me he has everything, is everything she wants.  Before they meet, he actually tells his kids about HF.  And HF tells him she's not going to just be some GF that doesn't interact with the kids.  She's going to be hands-on.  He lives on a big farm, she's already decided she would get rid of the apartment and move in with him.  They are talking long term plans.  BEFORE THE EVER MEET.

So she goes out on a date with him. He's already been drinking before they meet.  He's also had a DUI in his past.  He gets way drunk on their date she ended early.  She tries to convince him not to drive.  He ends up calling her from his car, telling her he's going to sleep it off.  Then apologies.  Cries.  Then gets belligerent on the phone.  

You'd think she'd learn her lesson, but nope.  She ends up doing the same song and dance with another guy, meets that guy and has another shit-tastic date.

The moral of the story is:  You need to hold off on talking life plans before you've ever actually met that person.  Steph should have.  Erika should have.  You shouldn't talk life plans until you've actually spent significant time with that person.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Maybe she isn't sexually attracted to Erika, but she doesn't seem to want to be friends or have any fun with Erika either.  Was she faking her fun-loving persona?  I wonder how her YouTube channel will do once people see that she is not the person she pretends to be.

LOL, she is out there showing her boobies online, I'm sure her channel will survive.  

I think I agree with @sasha206 in that to be bisexual youd have to be attracted enough to both sexes to want to get sexual with them right?  

There are people in same sex relationships or who are better versed who can educate me, but bisexual to me, sounds kinda like youd have to want to get sexual with both genders.  

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

Can you imagine what it would be like to have corona virus in Rose Marie's little village? And I have had the nerve to complain about being bored due to being home bound!

No, I can't.  The way these people live is really humbling to me, and for most, it's all they've ever known. I'm going to try to stop complaining, when in reality I have a cushy life compared to many. This makes me even more angry when I think of Ed and his not inviting Prince on vacation.  Even a trip to Manila to get an ice cream cone would have been an adventure for him.  Asshole.

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

@Scarlett45 - I find ash sooo confusing, from some angles he looks good and from other angles....yikes!  Someone mentioned a Seinfeld episode like that.

Now do you think ash is a butterface or do you like the whole package?  Also, Geoffrey, for all his shit has a nice body, what are your thoughts?

1 minute ago, zenme said:

No, I can't.  The way these people live is really humbling to me, and for most, it's all they've ever known. I'm going to try to stop complaining, when in reality I have a cushy life compared to many. This makes me even more angry when I think of Ed and his not inviting Prince on vacation.  Even a trip to Manila to get an ice cream cone would have been an adventure for him.  Asshole.

To me, it reads like Ed has already decided that he isn't going to have a real relationship with rose (which he will justify with some bullshit nonsense) and so he doesn't even really care at this point, he just wants to get as much sex as he can. He is gross. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, RealReality said:

@Scarlett45 - I find ash sooo confusing, from some angles he looks good and from other angles....yikes!  Someone mentioned a Seinfeld episode like that.

Now do you think ash is a butterface or do you like the whole package?  Also, Geoffrey, for all his shit has a nice body, what are your thoughts?

I agree.  Sometimes Ash is very attractive and other times he's downright goofy looking.  Now Geoffrey, I've always thought he was attractive, and I wondered why he had to search high and low for a mate.  I guess we now know why he's had to look outside of his small-ish Chattanooga community.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

All of this week’s Ed scenes were exactly what I needed. They reminded me of the golden Pole days of yore, and every time he slipped and flung a container of pig food through the air, I howled with laughter.  It was like a Chris Farley sketch, right down to the perfect delivery of SONOFABITCH!!!!!! at the end.

Conversely, all of Geoffrey’s bullshit has me furious. Oh, you don’t like to talk about the bad shit you did? Boo boo! I really believe that he chose to tell Varya about the drug arrests only because he didn’t think she would be very upset about them, and write it all off as him being young and desperate - he was absolutely not expecting the reaction she had.

Yeah, the woman at the candy store has never seen Lana because that photo is not Lana. Does that woman look like she eats a lot of candy, David? No. The person you have been talking to who makes regular trips to a candy shop is not going to be a tiny waisted model, it’s just simple math.  But there is no math in the world simple enough for David to comprehend.  You can’t even tell the man the roads are so bad they will bust open your tires without him being surprised  and blindsided when the roads are so bad they busted open his tires.

I just FF past everything Stephanie and Darcy.  All the Darcy stuff is just a repeat anyway. Her whole life is a repetitive loop of unhealthy decisions and desperation, it seems.

It was very satisfying to watch Usman’s mom say a CAPITAL NO to Lisa and just get the hell outta there. I hope so much this all turns out to be a scam he runs to keep his family in free goats.

Edited by Irritable
  • Like 14
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

If someone gave David a total makeover, he wouldn't be bad.  I mean, the canvas in not horrible.  He just needs to be nominated for Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.  Let's do it!

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, Irritable said:

All of this week’s Ed scenes were exactly what I needed. They reminded me of the golden Pole days of yore, and every time he slipped and flung a container of pig food through the owl, I howled with laughter.  It was like a Chris Farley sketch, right down to the perfect delivery of SONOFABITCH!!!!!! at the end.

 

Yeah, and what made it funnier was Rose's dad just watching with a straight face.  

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Now do you think ash is a butterface or do you like the whole package?  Also, Geoffrey, for all his shit has a nice body, what are your thoughts?

Geoffrey's body.  I can't get past those horrific tittoos to even notice whether he has muscles or not.  It's such a turn off.  So for ME, shit body for a shit personality.

Ash has a nice body.  His brother is better looking.  And I think Usman is nice looking.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Someone’s relationship doesn’t change their sexual orientation. Plenty of gay people were forced into (Or chose for a variety of reasons) heterosexual relationships throughout history- that didn’t make them heterosexual. 

I was just about to bring this up, I consider myself 100% gay, I don't feel any sexual attraction to women whatsoever, not even the tiniest bit.

I've had sex with women, I've dated women. Still 100% gay.

If Stephanie was genuinely curious about exploring that part of her sexuality, she would do it, at a certain point touch is touch and sex is sex unless hand fetishization is WAY WAY WAY underreported.

While we are on the topic, have we speculated on Geoffrey's sexuality? Because I don't believe he is straight. There is just a certain je ne sais quoi about his voice and mannerism that comes off as almost intentionally signaling gay in a very subtle way. Like, it's closer to me when I have code switched in a queer space than me, I dunno, buying groceries if I'm not shopping with my husband.

Edited by John M
  • Like 7
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/11/2020 at 10:41 PM, humbleopinion said:

Ed think of it like camping...in a corrugated tin shack.

No thousand count sheets means BigEgg’s skin is going to go shit....red bumps, rash, hives, peeling....

Guess no more sexy time when BigEgo’s skin is broiling up like a grilled kielbasa....

 

Rose will be swapping out the sheets...

giphy.gif

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Y'all, EVERY episode thread is tagged NO SPOILERS.  This includes social media spoilers.  Stop posting spoiler information in the episode threads.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Geoffrey's body.  I can't get past those horrific tittoos to even notice whether he has muscles or not.  It's such a turn off.  So for ME, shit body for a shit personality.

Ash has a nice body.  His brother is better looking.  And I think Usman is nice looking.

I agree.  Usman is nice looking, and he seems to have an easygoing temperament. I like him.  Even though he's using BGL to get to the States and get his career going, BGL is using him too.  BTW, when you look better with a shawl covering your head, you got problems.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

On 4/12/2020 at 10:11 PM, nb360 said:

I love how Lisa magically became a "doctor" in Usman's translation.

It surprises me that Lisa is a hospice worker. That kind of job requires that you have compassion and empathy, or at least sensitivity... which I haven't seen so far.

That made me LOL so much.

3wn5inlgbis41.png?width=920&format=png&a

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, John M said:

I was just about to bring this up, I consider myself 100% gay, I don't feel any sexual attraction to women whatsoever, not even the tiniest bit.

I've had sex with women, I've dated women. Still 100% gay.

If Stephanie was genuinely curious about exploring that part of her sexuality, she would do it, at a certain point touch is touch and sex is sex unless hand fetishization is WAY WAY WAY underreported.

While we are on the topic, have we speculated on Geoffrey's sexuality? Because I don't believe he is straight. There is just a certain je ne sais quoi about his voice and mannerism that comes off as almost intentionally signaling gay in a very subtle way. Like, it's closer to me when I have code switched in a queer space than me, I dunno, buying groceries if I'm not shopping with my husband.

I've wanted to, but I was worried that if I did b/c of voice and mannerism that I would be playing into stereotypes!  But I am glad you did so thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

@Scarlett45 - I find ash sooo confusing, from some angles he looks good and from other angles....yikes!  Someone mentioned a Seinfeld episode like that.

Now do you think ash is a butterface or do you like the whole package?  Also, Geoffrey, for all his shit has a nice body, what are your thoughts?

To me, it reads like Ed has already decided that he isn't going to have a real relationship with rose (which he will justify with some bullshit nonsense) and so he doesn't even really care at this point, he just wants to get as much sex as he can. He is gross. 

His tattoos are enough to turn me off!!!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

That made me LOL so much.

3wn5inlgbis41.png?width=920&format=png&a

She looks exactly like Family Guy’s Chris Griffin.

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, calpurnia99 said:

Im glad they show this poverty on American TV. People here are so entitled, they whine about everything. First World Problems. I saw a video about a neighborhood of people in Naples staying indoors in tiny 300 sq foot homes. That isn;t easy. I'm always aware that I'm here in a big house, with toilets, and heat and AC. Ed just ticks me off with his "I'm hot", I don't have my 1000 thread sheets. 

Like I have said before WE didn't DO anything to be born here or in a First World Country, we just lucked out. It was sheer, random luck.  I wonder why I wasn't born in Africa, or South America or India or the Phillipines, I could have just as easily been born into poverty. So I'm not special and deserving. I didn't put myself here, I just fell out of the womb here. People act like they DID something to be born here, so they are better than the poor of the world. 

A million times this. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

His brother is better looking. 

Better looking and a dentist.  Seems like a catch, although perhaps not a great conversationalist as his comment on every subject was “interesting.”  Reminds me of the people who say “it was different” as a non-answer.

Edited by Spike
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I have a vague recollection of Stephanie talking about having had a relationship or two with women. I believe it was in her first episode, when she was at a tennis lesson with a male and female friend. I waste enough time on this shitshow thus I am not going to rewatch that episode.

Had to stop watching Stephanie’s YouTube video after 1:29 minutes. Can’t take it! The phoniness drives me crazy and the inanity makes my brain cells die. Ugh.

If she has no attraction to Erica, she should pull her aside when the cameras aren’t there, tell Erica that she isn’t feeling it, but agree that they should make the most of her time in Australia, and do something that will titillate the viewers just for the show.

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

That "address" is a vacant lot or a cemetery or something. Lana doesn't exist, so she certainly doesn't have an address! 

Yes, but the GPS would also indicate “address not found” or show an empty lot somewhere so David could see it was phony. Then again, he’s so clueless he’d probably conclude it was a problem with the device. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, John M said:

I was just about to bring this up, I consider myself 100% gay, I don't feel any sexual attraction to women whatsoever, not even the tiniest bit.

I've had sex with women, I've dated women. Still 100% gay.

If Stephanie was genuinely curious about exploring that part of her sexuality, she would do it, at a certain point touch is touch and sex is sex unless hand fetishization is WAY WAY WAY underreported.

While we are on the topic, have we speculated on Geoffrey's sexuality? Because I don't believe he is straight. There is just a certain je ne sais quoi about his voice and mannerism that comes off as almost intentionally signaling gay in a very subtle way. Like, it's closer to me when I have code switched in a queer space than me, I dunno, buying groceries if I'm not shopping with my husband.

Geoffrey does remind me of Paul Lynde sometimes.

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/6/2020 at 9:22 PM, mamadrama said:

 

I was also struck by the nice dishes and place settings. They'd taken care with their appearances and put forth a nice dinner. They were the"poor" ones, but Bad Egg was the sweaty, greasy, unkempt mess.

There are some things money can't buy- like class.

Money can't guy you claaaaass. Elegance is learned, mah friend. tm The Countess

On 4/6/2020 at 11:48 PM, bravofan27 said:

 

Erika seems like a bitch to me. She seems really fake, really into herself, and her constant eye rolling is pissing me off. It's so passive aggressive and immature. Can't stand it and I hate it when others do it-- it's always the skeevy girls too, that fake nice to someone's face and then turn around and roll their eyes to make sure everyone knows how they really feel. 

 

Stephanie is a  spoiled PITA but Erika is totally gaslighting her and being intentionally passive aggressive at this point so Stephanie will JUST GO HOME. Erika is a fake ass bitch.  AGREE!

On 4/7/2020 at 4:43 PM, humbleopinion said:

Tititoos,

 

HAA! Geoffrey's "Tititoos" love this (and not them) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I have a vague recollection of Stephanie talking about having had a relationship or two with women. I believe it was in her first episode, when she was at a tennis lesson with a male and female friend. I waste enough time on this shitshow thus I am not going to rewatch that episode.

Had to stop watching Stephanie’s YouTube video after 1:29 minutes. Can’t take it! The phoniness drives me crazy and the inanity makes my brain cells die. Ugh.

If she has no attraction to Erica, she should pull her aside when the cameras aren’t there, tell Erica that she isn’t feeling it, but agree that they should make the most of her time in Australia, and do something that will titillate the viewers just for the show.

 

Ahhhhhh, I missed that.  Good for you for paying attention and then that totally negates my "bicurious" hypothesis!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, zenme said:

I agree.  Usman is nice looking, and he seems to have an easygoing temperament. I like him.  Even though he's using BGL to get to the States and get his career going, BGL is using him too.  BTW, when you look better with a shawl covering your head, you got problems.

He has been pretty straight forward even though he wasn’t entirely truthful about mom...can’t blame him though... he probably was optimistic about winning her over.   Lisa is just too much.   If she really thinks a young, good looking young man who wants a green card loves her for her great looks, charming personality, banging body or bedroom skills, she is beyond deluded.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

15 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

If she really thinks a young, good looking young man who wants a green card loves her for her great looks, charming personality, banging body or bedroom skills, she is beyond deluded.

She thought that having sex without a condom was going to be her ace in the hole! Hehehe.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah. I think Erica is cute. I like her style and her hair is fun (I’m way too conservative style wise for anything like that but I enjoy seeing it on others). 

 

This is also true. She doesn’t seem to like her at all. Which doesn’t make her a bad person, but one of the reasons why LDR when you meet online are a bad idea. 

Erica seems pretty nice and she may be a fun person for sure. It's just that when I see someone who seems to ALWAYS present themselves in a cartoonish way, I can't help but wonder what they are trying to hide, especially, if you are an adult. Maybe, her look promotes her photography business. IDK.  It's just that with business, I can't imagine doing serious business with someone who isn't serious about themselves or seems to have something to hide. It's like, look at my hair, my earrings, my piercings, my tattoos, my heavy makeup, etc.  Just full of distractions. Of course, Stephanie's personality is her biggest turnoff.  I don't have much to say about her.  She just seems to be a difficult and unauthentic person. I hope Erica steers clear of her. Erica reminds me of Kelly Osborne. (Kelly Osborne has always been one, who is a lovely girl, but, distracts from herself with shocking hair color, heavy makeup and unique fashion choices.  She's 35 years old and still going with that shtick.)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

She thought that having sex without a condom was going to be her ace in the hole! Hehehe.

I see what you did there.

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

To me, it reads like Ed has already decided that he isn't going to have a real relationship with rose (which he will justify with some bullshit nonsense) and so he doesn't even really care at this point, he just wants to get as much sex as he can. He is gross. 

Agree. I predict that he will pick a fight with Rose or find some "secret" out about her, use it against her, and sadly, regretfully (because he's a "nice guy") decide that she is not worthy of the diamond ring he so lovingly bought. Which he will then return to the jeweler as soon as he lands back in the US.

2 hours ago, Irritable said:

All of this week’s Ed scenes were exactly what I needed. They reminded me of the golden Pole days of yore, and every time he slipped and flung a container of pig food through the air, I howled with laughter.  It was like a Chris Farley sketch, right down to the perfect delivery of SONOFABITCH!!!!!! at the end.

Conversely, all of Geoffrey’s bullshit has me furious. Oh, you don’t like to talk about the bad shit you did? Boo boo! I really believe that he chose to tell Varya about the drug arrests only because he didn’t think she would be very upset about them, and write it all off as him being young and desperate - he was absolutely not expecting the reaction she had.

Yeah, the woman at the candy store has never seen Lana because that photo is not Lana. Does that woman look like she eats a lot of candy, David? No. The person you have been talking to who makes regular trips to a candy shop is not going to be a tiny waisted model, it’s just simple math.  But there is no math in the world simple enough for David to comprehend.  You can’t even tell the man the roads are so bad they will bust open your tires without him being surprised  and blindsided when the roads are so bad they busted open his tires.

 

Ed slipping in pig shit is this season's Pole running. Never fails to entertain. 

The woman at the candy shop doesn't know the woman in the picture, but I bet she knows Yelena, Svetlana, Natasha and Ludmila, who have probably all been "Lana" over the last seven years. Of course, they don't look like the picture. They're eking out their livings as cleaners or factory workers or child care providers with a little side hustle of pretending to be the lovely and glamorous "Lana". Wouldn't it be hilarious if any of the women who have been "Lana" over the years was walking down the street or serving him tea at a cafe or selling him some apples at the market? I would DIE laughing.

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

You know, I never thought the day would come when I would compliment Grangela but that day, my friends, is here.

She actually seems like she might be fun to hang out with. In the smallest of doses, of course.

Lisa - I'd rather have my eyelashes pulled out one by one than spend a nanosecond with her.

Also, this:

zuq7yovkxaj41.jpg

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

I know two women who crushed on women and thought they might be gay or bi, but it turned out that they were attracted to their crush because they wanted be or be like their crush, not have sex with them.

Oh yeah, I get girl crushes all the time. I'm not sexually or romantically attracted to the women, it's usually something like I admire one of their traits or I want to be like them.

I think it's very simple for Stephanie. She wanted to be on the show for the social media clout so she cultivated a relationship with someone in an exotic location (not a third world country, but a country that would still be interesting on camera). It was easy to keep up the pretense from afar-a few messages and pictures wouldn't take up more than five minutes a day-but she couldn't keep it up in person. Her initial plan may have been to have a teary breakup once the season aired.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

36 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

The woman at the candy shop doesn't know the woman in the picture, but I bet she knows Yelena, Svetlana, Natasha and Ludmila, who have probably all been "Lana" over the last seven years. Of course, they don't look like the picture. They're eking out their livings as cleaners or factory workers or child care providers with a little side hustle of pretending to be the lovely and glamorous "Lana". Wouldn't it be hilarious if any of the women who have been "Lana" over the years was walking down the street or serving him tea at a cafe or selling him some apples at the market? I would DIE laughing.

Maybe the lady in the candy store IS Lana, Yelena, Svetlana, Natasha and Ludmila.  

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

And Williams.

Comments like this are why I LOVE this online community.  You are truly my people.

  • Like 12
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I started reading this thread 3 hours ago an I am just now caught up and my iPad is now on 5% battery!

So I’m kind of skipping over all the discussions about Erica and Stephanie. As soon as they faced each other at the airport, you could see the look on Stephanie’s face and for whatever reason there was no spark. The rest of it is history
I still hate Geoffrey but maybe I’m starting to hate varya too Because she should have asked “so is there anything else you need to tell me?” And apparently now she defends him even though she knows the truth about his current history.

Lisa should’ve tried to make a stand to usman’s mother.  Tried to say some simple phrases.  Brought little American gifts for everyone. Actually, I think all these Americans should bring gifts for every single person, family or friend, they know in the other country.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Big Ed being freaked out by pretty much EVERYTHING just cracked me up.

Especially hilarious was the fan in Rose's room audibly CREAK-ING to a halt and the rat just hanging out like he/she is one of the family (which probably so). 

COMEDY GOLD...and the reason CountryBoy finally let me suck him into the show.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

On a serious note, Ed is offensive on so many different levels. Most especially his lack of appreciation for how cushy he has it and how privileged he is to be born in the US.

I had the opportunity to travel to Manila for work several years ago (I stayed for about 6 weeks) and thought I had a decent appreciation for just how lucky I am, but being there was so eye-opening. 

My high-rise hotel was within a few blocks of housing like Rose's family, which I saw every day coming and going on the shuttle. But everyone I had the privilege of meeting there, whether employees of my company, or others with whom I interacted always had a smile and a work ethic like nothing I've ever seen. 

It was so humbling to see so many happy with the little they had while I take for granted all that I have, but I've definitely been far more mindful of it since my trip and especially in these unprecedented times. 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, RealReality said:

Now do you think ash is a butterface or do you like the whole package?  Also, Geoffrey, for all his shit has a nice body, what are your thoughts?

I think Ash’s face is nice. His body is better, and his brother is better looking in the face but Ash is above average facially and has a REALLY nice body. I do think he could wear large framed glasses well but I had never given his eyes a second thought until people mentioned it here. 
 

Geoffrey seems like a creep but he is an attractive creep. I personally don’t care for Caucasian men with dark hair or dark eyes (I think his eyes are blue) but his face and body are above average in attractiveness and Geoffrey is a man that will still look nice 20 yrs from now even if he gains a few pounds or stops working out- his facial structure is solid. 
 

As far as who I would sleep with (based on looks not personality), Id go Ash, Usman, Geoffrey. 

1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

You know, I never thought the day would come when I would compliment Grangela but that day, my friends, is here.

She actually seems like she might be fun to hang out with. In the smallest of doses, of course.

Lisa - I'd rather have my eyelashes pulled out one by one than spend a nanosecond with her.

Also, this:

zuq7yovkxaj41.jpg

Angela was foul in a lot of ways but I do think she is a prettier woman, and would make a better Co-worker or acquaintance than Lisa would. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Erica seems pretty nice and she may be a fun person for sure. It's just that when I see someone who seems to ALWAYS present themselves in a cartoonish way, I can't help but wonder what they are trying to hide, especially, if you are an adult. Maybe, her look promotes her photography business. IDK.  It's just that with business, I can't imagine doing serious business with someone who isn't serious about themselves or seems to have something to hide. It's like, look at my hair, my earrings, my piercings, my tattoos, my heavy makeup, etc.  Just full of distractions. Of course, Stephanie's personality is her biggest turnoff.  I don't have much to say about her.  She just seems to be a difficult and unauthentic person. I hope Erica steers clear of her. Erica reminds me of Kelly Osborne. (Kelly Osborne has always been one, who is a lovely girl, but, distracts from herself with shocking hair color, heavy makeup and unique fashion choices.  She's 35 years old and still going with that shtick.)

That type of aesthetic is common among people in creative fields though. As an attorney I could never dress that way (even if I wanted to) but for Erica who is a photographer it makes total sense. I’ve also seen hairstylists and makeup artists with that type of style- it IS taking themselves seriously because they are demonstrating they are good at their craft. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

You know, I never thought the day would come when I would compliment Grangela but that day, my friends, is here.

She actually seems like she might be fun to hang out with. In the smallest of doses, of course.

Lisa - I'd rather have my eyelashes pulled out one by one than spend a nanosecond with her.

Also, this:

zuq7yovkxaj41.jpg

It's so funny because I have actually thought despite her smokers leathery skin, her tackiness, and heaviness, that she is actually a pretty woman.  I bet she was very pretty when she was young.  

Dollar General Lisa no.  There is nothing redeeming about her.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

It's so funny because I have actually thought despite her smokers leathery skin, her tackiness, and heaviness, that she is actually a pretty woman.  I bet she was very pretty when she was young.  

Dollar General Lisa no.  There is nothing redeeming about her.  

If Angela never smoked and had more money for skin care she would be gorgeous (even with the extra weight). She has nice features and she smiles with her eyes. 
 

I agree with you about Lisa. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Anybody else hoping Freddy invites himself along the romantic getaway that  Big🥚 wants to sweep RM away far from the fritzed out fan and Mister Daga (Rat in Tagalog).

RM should insist they also take Prince so he can bond with "Daddy."

🥚...be unselfish for once in your life....

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

That type of aesthetic is common among people in creative fields though. As an attorney I could never dress that way (even if I wanted to) but for Erica who is a photographer it makes total sense. I’ve also seen hairstylists and makeup artists with that type of style- it IS taking themselves seriously because they are demonstrating they are good at their craft. 

Me too.  I do encounter a lot of people who have that aesthetic, but, to me, it's still a sign of an issue. Maybe, that's not the case with Erica, but, she is in love with a woman she never really met. lol  I'll try to keep an open mind. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size