Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Violent Crooks and Cooks of Books

• Start Topic

(edited)

Mormons started as a name tag company. 

I love whomever wrote white (collar) song. Awesome call back to 227. 

I thought the 3 strikes law was under Clinton?

I don't get why Dawn thought bringing up Roger to the father in law would be a good idea. Corky said when they were on the way to the golf course that he always thought something was off with him. 

I was not expecting the plot twist on the plane. Nigerian prince. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I don't get why Dawn thought bringing up Roger to the father in law would be a good idea. Corky said when they were on the way to the golf course that he always thought something was off with him. 

Exactly. Dawn didn't want to do Blair's Ponzi scheme idea, so she dangled Roger's rich father-in-law in front of him and then sabotaged it by telling him the deal was going to hinge on him talking up his *close* relationship with Roger. The deal falls through, time runs out, and they get to declare bankruptcy like she wanted in the first place. That's how it would've worked, if not for Mo and his "Nigerian prince."

That boardroom scene that Mo crashed was amazing. I loved Mo stirring up shit, Dawn and Blair yelling at him in unison, and TBD's lawyer - "One of you just described literal fraud, and the other is claiming credit for financial terrorism."

Cosign on the white (collar) song, that was great.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, angora said:

The deal falls through, time runs out, and they get to declare bankruptcy like she wanted in the first place.

I wasn't really buying that she actually wanted to declare bankruptcy. The Ponzi scheme is obviously asking for trouble, but the father in law is a veritable ATM. Why have to go through the 'bumpy' time of Chapter 11? The father in law wasn't doing anything illegal or asking them to do anything illegal. 

I suppose it's a boss thing where Blair is just running all over the company and leaving Dawn holding the bag all the time, but it's weird she would pick that time to draw the line. Or maybe she didn't actually decide to blow it up until Blair said he was going off for another week.