Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 4/6/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Just where do you get glasses THAT big? Are they custom made like her bras? 

I have never seen frames that big in any optical store. There are glasses like Anderson Cooper wears which are fine. But those monstrosities that Meghan has are wrong.

I wonder if they are just fake lenses and not correcting her eyesight.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, lusinia said:

Oh, shit.  I hate that Meghan and I had the same thought.

And Meghan shouldn't take from this the idea that she and Lady Gaga are in any other way comparable.  Gaga is more articulate, talented, and compassionate on her worst day than Meghan will ever be.

Hah! Yup annoys the piss outta me too 🤪

• LOL 7
10 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I love seeing “third rate” Jon Karl’s Emmys lined up behind him. 

The president also told him right after that, "You'll never make it".

I'm glad they had him on.  I was sure after seeing the press conference that the show would talk about it, but thought he might've been on too recently to have back.

Of course Meghan had to spend the first half of her question talking about both herself and her husband, just to make sure everyone is aware of where they stand.

"Existential" two days in a row.  Do you suppose she has a book of philosophy on her nightstand now? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, lusinia said:

Of course Meghan had to spend the first half of her question talking about both herself and her husband, just to make sure everyone is aware of where they stand. 

And she managed to get a “my father” onto the show too. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
(edited)
56 minutes ago, seltzer3 said:

Probably the reason with everyone's issue with the view.
"Confidence is super high...actual knowledge is low."

I wonder why this is trending again--it happened several weeks ago, didn't it? It was all over Twitter, too, with a bunch of people saying people with doctorates shouldn't call themselves doctor, like Jill Biden apparently does. I'm defending my dissertation very soon and BELIEVE YOU ME I will use my title whenever it's appropriate. I earned it!

Edited by heysmilinstrange
not sure why this posted four times
  • Love 15
(edited)

Whoopie might've unknowingly added a spice she didn't mean to use.  My mother did that when she was about Whoopie's age.  She added something to creamed spinach one holiday and it was inedible.

No, Whoopie!  There she goes playing expert again, less than an hour after discussing people who who claim to be experts.  Joy's right.  Unless it's a person you're living with, you shouldn't get that close to someone.  The virus isn't coming through your fingers.  Gloves can also get the virus on them.

Did anybody catch whose grandmother died?  The closed captioner skipped that. 

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Whoopie might've unknowingly added a spice she didn't mean to use.  My mother did that when she was about Whoopie's age.  She added something to creamed spinach one holiday and it was inedible.

No, Whoopie!  There she goes playing expert again.  Joy's right.  Unless it's a person you're living with, you shouldn't get that close to someone.  The virus isn't coming through your fingers.  Gloves can also get the virus on them.

Did anybody catch whose grandmother died?  The closed captioner skipped that. 

Michael Che’s grandmother died from it.

• Love 3

"I have believed in America and its institutions from the moment I was born on."

In addition to never missing an opportunity to pat herself on the back she has enormous difficulty making a coherent point, doesn't she?

• Love 18
13 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

It must have been difficult for Cindy to give birth with Meghan carrying that pointy flagpole and copy of the constitution clutched in her newborn arms.

You win the internet today. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 13
(edited)

4 hours ago, falltime said:

Whoopi is the only one with a crew. I keep wondering if it's family/business partner that are doing it or if actual crew from the show are staying with her.

I still think it's family myself. She comes across much more comfortable, more likely to listen to whoever's directing her, than she ever does in studio, so I don't think it's a View employee.

I enjoyed today's show, too. Really sad another person Joy knows has passed. That's three now (including the View stylist whose memory she shared with several of the other co-hosts). :(  I thought McCain's nodding when Joy was talking during one of the topics about being stuck with this kind of a leader in a crisis like this one and how terrifying it is was surprisingly genuine. It's hard to truly know what is genuine when it comes to Meghan McCain though, so much of what she says and does is a pretense.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I thought McCain's nodding when Joy was talking during one of the topics about being stuck with this kind of a leader in a crisis like this one and how terrifying it is was surprisingly genuine.

I also had the thought, when Meghan said, "I miss you terribly, Joy" that she truly meant it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Really sad another person Joy knows has passed. That's three now (including the View stylist whose memory she shared with several of the other co-hosts)

I only watched the first few minutes today.

What happened?

50 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

It must have been difficult for Cindy to give birth with Meghan carrying that pointy flagpole and copy of the constitution clutched in her newborn arms.

trump flag GIF

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, OnTime said:

What happened?

Joy mentioned that a friend of hers, a comedian in his 50s or 60s, died of a pulmonary embolism.  I didn't recognize his name (which I don't remember).  I don't think he was well-known nationally. 

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I wonder why this is trending again--it happened several weeks ago, didn't it? It was all over Twitter, too, with a bunch of people saying people with doctorates shouldn't call themselves doctor, like Jill Biden apparently does. I'm defending my dissertation very soon and BELIEVE YOU ME I will use my title whenever it's appropriate. I earned it!

They aren't saying Jill Biden shouldn't call herself doctor, or she has a Phd.  No one is knocking her field of education.  They are saying that she isn't qualified to be a surgeon general, since her field has nothing to do with medicine.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, seltzer3 said:

They aren't saying Jill Biden shouldn't call herself doctor, or she has a Phd.  No one is knocking her field of education.  They are saying that she isn't qualified to be a surgeon general, since her field has nothing to do with medicine.

There are actually some people who are saying she shouldn’t be allowed to call herself a Doctor though...

image.thumb.jpeg.8751408c58dfa287eabad314441a1d2d.jpeg

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 6

I know they've been mentioning the controversy over churches wanting to hold Easter masses this weekend, but why are they ignoring the other news right out of NYC - that of Hasidic Jews continuing to hold funerals for the past few weeks, gathering in crowds? I'm reading about it in the media and social media - but no mention from these women ?? It's happening right in their city. 

• Love 4
On 4/6/2020 at 12:06 PM, Tosia said:

It's not her microphone, Ontime .

It's her natural volume.

You need to shut your windows.

🙂

I have my TV volume muted and I can hear her distinctly - and I'm in Rhode Island, with my windows shut. 😄

• LOL 10

Only caught a bit today. But a quintessential moment. Whoopi talks about holding each other by the arm or hand and walking through this together. Lovely. Joy goes for the joke, chiming in about not touching each other. Cute. WTLF?Megan dumbshit'splains to Joy that it was a metaphor. Oy. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Navy Captain Cozier was not “fired” from the Navy. He was relieved of his Command. Big difference. He remains in the Navy and remains a Captain. 
I’m surprised MM was not able to explain this for the audience. She was conceived in the Military. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 7

I, too, do not understand Megan's 'look"....the turban & huge glasses make me think its a "beatnik" or "Hipster" look...or maybe its easier than trying to style her hair extensions...or maybe she thinks this is a new Maternity look.  On the other hand, Joy's remote feed always seems so poor quality compared to the other ladies. And Joy kept breathing deep sighs, I think she is just Over everything...she is just disgusted by the whole situation we are all in. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, suomi said:

"I have believed in America and its institutions from the moment I was born on."

In addition to never missing an opportunity to pat herself on the back she has enormous difficulty making a coherent point, doesn't she?

from the MOMENT she was born....and here I was just starting to wonder why I was moved from my comfy little home and she already had strong beliefs....amazing

• LOL 13

Meghan, in those glasses looks like a little girl dressing up and wearing her daddy's glasses.  they're just too big for her face, like going to the optician and asking for the biggest glasses frames they have.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, buttersister said:

Do these oversized frames make my face look thinner?

I am totally getting some now!

MeAgain also said this whole Navy Commander controversy cut close to home for her because "my father" was buried at the Naval cemetery (sorry, don't know the actual term).

She also used the word "wrapped" incorrectly, but I cannot remember the sentence and def don't want to watch it again.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, lusinia said:

Joy mentioned that a friend of hers, a comedian in his 50s or 60s, died of coronavirus.  I didn't recognize his name (which I don't remember).  I don't think he was well-known nationally. 

Vic Henley was 57

• Love 1

Couldn't Nutty wait until the break to guzzle her soft drink, or whatever that was.

I like Whoopi's jacket/sweater, although it looks all crooked on her.  

Now I can't watch Kamala Harris using her hands to talk without picture Maya Rudolph's caricature.  

MM looks like a giant bug in those huge glasses.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

maybe its easier than trying to style her hair extensions

Due to Mags now being stuck at home and bored, her constant and excessive petting of said hair extensions have caused them to escape one night in what was a very well executed plan worthy of a military operation along the lines of the D Day Invasion.

They were last seen travelling under an assumed identity, heading south.

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
Just now, Haleth said:

All this time and Whoopi still can’t pronounce Kamala. 

I was just thinking that.  It's not hard.  On this very show Kamala explained how to say it - "comma" la.

• Love 10
Just now, lusinia said:

I was just thinking that.  It's not hard.  On this very show Kamala explained how to say it - "comma" la.

I remember that.  That's when I learned the correct pronunciation.  If we can remember, why can't WG?  (Oh god, she just said "We'll come back when we come back", when going to break.   And again said, KaMAla.)

I think it might have been The View where Mayor Pete explained how to say his name, too:  Boot Edge Edge.    -    This should be good, watching Whoopi mangle that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

WG just mispronounced the Senator's name yet again, but differently:   KAM (as in 'camera) - a - la. 

Have I mentioned how inept Whoopi is as a Moderator &, frankly, a normal, functioning adult.

I missed the first five minutes ... was there any mention of Trump being associated with the outfit that manufacturers the drug he's been touting.  (Jimmy Kimmel mentioned it last night!)

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

That's when I learned the correct pronunciation

Me too.  It is a name that does have a few possibilities, but once she's explained to you how to pronounced it, there's no excuse.

Oh, I think she said it right when they came back from break.  By chance, or did somebody let her know she was saying it wrong?

Added - Ladyrain, you're right.  I rewound, and while Whoopie got the accent on the right syllable this time, there's still a little more work to do.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, A.J. said:

Anyone know where Ana has been?  Since they are streaming from home shouldn't we see her at least one day of the week.  

I think she said on social media that she doesn’t like the way she looks right now? On her IG she’s been posting cooking and cocktail videos, some with her dog and hubby lol.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I think she said on social media that she doesn’t like the way she looks right now? On her IG she’s been posting cooking and cocktail videos, some with her dog and hubby lol.

She should get herself a headband. I think it's such bull that she hasn't been on.

Lol was it Meghun that whispered "Are we on air," while Whoopi was talking about the little girl that died?  

• Love 4
(edited)

How privileged. I wonder what her contract is like if she is just able to say that she will not appear.

Edit to clarify - I do not believe Ana would tell her employer that she is not willing to work.

Edited by falltime
to clarify
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I, too, do not understand Megan's 'look"....the turban & huge glasses make me think its a "beatnik" or "Hipster" look...or maybe its easier than trying to style her hair extensions...

Don't worry, Meghan doesn't understand her look either.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, falltime said:

How privileged. I wonder what her contract is like if she is just able to say that she will not appear.

Doesn’t she live in Miami?  The rest are in NYC or nearby.  It just might be too difficult for them to film her remotely?  And maybe after seeing how bad the connection is with Skype (Joy) shes uncomfortable with it. She’s only on once per week anyway so she could easily make that up. And we don’t know that she’s actually said she won’t appear...it could just as easily have been a decision of the producers or network.  So before we call her “privileged”.....?

• Love 16