Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 4/6/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, April 6 – Guest co-host Sara Haines; Jesse Tyler Ferguson (ABC’s “Modern Family”); “View Your Deal: Small Business Edition”

Tuesday, April 7 – Rachael Ray (“Rachael Ray Show”)

Wednesday, April 8 — Guest co-host Sara Haines; Rep. Ben McAdams (D-UT)

Thursday, April 9 — Day of Hot Topics

Friday, April 10 — Ty Burrell (ABC’s “Modern Family”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Not one, but two days of View your Deal. We should feel so blessed by the View's dedication in giving us products at half the price.

Right. In these uncertain times we need more hand creams* and tote bags.

(Of course with all the hand washing maybe we do need more lotions.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Of course Meghan is just now realizing the inequalities marginalized communities face when it comes to healthcare... As Sunny said, this has been going on for quite some time. It’s not a new thing, Megaphone. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
16 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Of course Meghan is just now realizing the inequalities marginalized communities face when it comes to healthcare... As Sunny said, this has been going on for quite some time. It’s not a new thing, Megaphone. 

Is MeGun always angry?  I can just imagine the boring, angry discussions between her and her husband.   Plus the hours he spends ‘schooling’ her.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
(edited)

Another day, another press conference.  Listening to the Mayor is one thing, listening to a reporter regurgitate everything we just heard for an hour is another.  Oooh, looks like we'll get to the show just in time for VYD.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • LOL 5

Why is Megsie whipping her head around, glaring at a non-existent producer/director.   She's in her own damn home, alone.   What a nutcase.

Can you imagine her and her hateful husband cooped up together days, weeks, maybe months on end.   They will emotionally eat each other alive, feeding on all that hate like a couple of zombies.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Am I hallucinating, or did Megabitch say she watched something by AOC, and was agreeing with AOC?!

I HEARD IT TOO!!!!!

WHEW! I thought for a moment I was hallucinating! I had to do a quick rewind to make absolutely sure that those were the words that came out of Edna Mode's...I mean...Mags' mouth and they were indeed!

Perhaps it is this forced isolation. People are slowly losing their minds with boredom, frustration, anxiety etc. Maybe that's what's getting to her.

Any maybe Ben drank the last of the bourbon.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Am I hallucinating, or did Megabitch say she watched something by AOC, and was agreeing with AOC?!

It’s not on yet but I say sit down have a cup of coffee and hopefully you’ll come to your senses or Megan has pregnancy fog.  

No bangle  or cuff bracelets to help with hand washing? They need to get on the ball. 

• LOL 6

See, here goes the show spouting their own incorrect information.  Whoopie is at least two weeks behind the times.  Has she not been paying attention to the news at all?  No one should be in church, Whoopie, coughing or not.

(Whoopie is off more than usual today.  Even though this is at least the third week they've been doing the show this way, almost every time someone hasn't answered immediately, she throws in an extra comment or question, as if they hasn't heard her, instead of waiting out the few seconds of time delay.)  

10 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Draconian. Totalitarianism. Panacea. Existential. 
Someone has been practicing her word-a-day calendar words. 

And of course, she had to use at least one of them incorrectly.  It sounded like she threw in "existential" just for the heck of it. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

I HEARD IT TOO!!!!!

WHEW! I thought for a moment I was hallucinating! I had to do a quick rewind to make absolutely sure that those were the words that came out of Edna Mode's...I mean...Mags' mouth and they were indeed!

Perhaps it is this forced isolation. People are slowly losing their minds with boredom, frustration, anxiety etc. Maybe that's what's getting to her.

Any maybe Ben drank the last of the bourbon.

Oh....please don't insult one of my favorite characters....Edna is sooo much better than Meghan (and smarter, too!).

Meghan looks ridiculous in those oversized glasses.  Why do I get that creepy reminder of the old movies, where the boss daydreams about his secretary ripping her oversized glasses off, pulling the bun out of her hair and then - well....you know!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

Can you imagine her and her hateful husband cooped up together days, weeks, maybe months on end.

They deserve each other, however I'm sure Meghan's house is so big they could never see each other.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

This reminds me of when Elisabeth tried to debate affordable health care. She said she knew what it was like because she was between jobs and had to buy COBRA insurance.   Meghan has lived a privileged life and never once had to struggle and be afraid she might not be able to seek health care.

• Love 10

Holy Shit!  Is MeAgain becoming a liberal?  

https://decider.com/2020/04/06/meghan-mccain-coronavirus-racial-inequality/

Whoopi said something today about loving Tommy Lee, and it seemed completely out of the blue.   Anyone know what she was talking about?

Then, in the interview with the guy from Modern Family, she said "apparently Zoom has its own issues" which also seemed random.  I assume she was referring to this, but she just throws it out with no context.

https://in.news.yahoo.com/zoom-shares-whacked-over-privacy-172242180.html

• Love 2
2 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

It looked like she was starting to say that the healthcare system doesn't work because not everyone can afford the same level of care as the View hosts. For all of her talk about keeping government out of her life, Meghan seems like she's for Medicare for All.

Her baby is making her more left and I'm okay with that.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Draconian. Totalitarianism. Panacea. Existential. 
Someone has been practicing her word-a-day calendar words. 

On John Oliver last night he mentioned a word-a-day website,  Wordeby's Collection of Fine Words, run buy the ultra right wing Chanel Rion, a white house "journalist" on OAN.  She is probably a good friend of Meghan's and a source of her words.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

Has pregnancy given Meghan.... Compassion? Does her husband know what she's saying on air?

Many women get cravings and morning sickness during pregnancy. Meghan has developed a craving for leftist views and her morning sickness comes from finding out just how unequal everyone truly is. The baby opened up her eyes to the world, which makes me hope she gets many more because if one baby makes her understand Medicare for All then a couple of more will make her become a progressive advocate that will make AOC look at her with awe.

17 minutes ago, deirdra said:

On John Oliver last night he mentioned a word-a-day website,  Wordeby's Collection of Fine Words, run buy the ultra right wing Chanel Rion, a white house "journalist" on OAN.  She is probably a good friend of Meghan's and a source of her words.

I saw the segment and had the same though lol

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Holy Shit!  Is MeAgain becoming a liberal?  

https://decider.com/2020/04/06/meghan-mccain-coronavirus-racial-inequality/

Whoopi said something today about loving Tommy Lee, and it seemed completely out of the blue.   Anyone know what she was talking about?

Then, in the interview with the guy from Modern Family, she said "apparently Zoom has its own issues" which also seemed random.  I assume she was referring to this, but she just throws it out with no context.

https://in.news.yahoo.com/zoom-shares-whacked-over-privacy-172242180.html

Drummer Tommy Lee sent an AWESOME expletive laden tweet.  It was hilarious.

There have been Zoom meeting break ins where they yell expletives, take over, and whatnot.  A lot is being made right now of Zoom meeting security.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Tommy Lee retweeted this expletive-filled anti-Trump rant , but everyone thinks that he wrote it:. Whoopi has never been an Accuraccy devotee.

In other Twitter News, someone is getting raked over the coals  for repeating Whoopi's mistake in not realizing Dr. Jill Biden isn't a medical doctor. They argued that she shouldn't be called "Doctor" because she *only* has a Ph.D. Whoopi's name keeps coming up in the discussion.

This is the kind of thing that annoys me. Whoopi just seems to value attendance over competence. She could and should do better. Most important political blah blah blah.

Edited by Vanderboom
Found a shorter Tweet
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
52 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I didn’t watch past the first ten minutes because Joy wasn’t there, but I wasn’t angry about it since I assume she and McCain are switching off days now. Sara had to be there for VYD, too.

I didn't watch VYD (never do) but as I fast forwarded through it was Sunny and Sara in the studio so they did that separately.  No idea why they are continuing with this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Good Grief, why is Meghan wearing those giant glasses?  They look like what a little kid would wear to play.  Maybe that is exactly what is happening.

Heheh you beat me to it.  She reminds me of the dancing bus driver for Six Flags amusement parks

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
(edited)

How many shows have they done from home by now and Whoopi still doesn't silence her phone.

Sunny mentioned that networks should stop airing trump's ramblings. I think my local channels have stopped airing them. The days are running together, I think it was last week when the one local news cut in during trump talking and returned when Dr. Fauci started to speak then cut out when he finished. lol Now they don't even seem to play the briefings at all.

Edited by falltime
ramblings
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
54 minutes ago, falltime said:

How many shows have they done from home by now and Whoopi still doesn't silence her phone.

I expected Meghan to do that whiplash headspin and shout "turn off your phones!", as she does when a phone rings in the audience or in a producer's pocket.

Alas, she let me down when she didn't.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)

Omg!  Lady Gaga was on Colbert's show, and I kid you not, she was wearing a houndstooth blazer, has hair pulled back into a bun, and has on giant black glasses.   So I guess if you're doing tv from home this is the look now.  (Lol - at the end of the interview, she took off the blazer and had on a black bra, I think it was, underneath.)

I also saw her on Kimmel's show (the 3 earlier late-night hosts are part of a fundraising special she's putting together for coronavirus charities on April 18), where she looked the same, but was wearing a hot pink pullover sweater.  She actually looked great, with next to no make-up on.  (Now I have to check to see what she wore on Fallon's show.)

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Omg!  Lady Gaga was on Colbert's show, and I kid you not, she was wearing a houndstooth blazer, has hair pulled back into a bun, and has on giant black glasses.   So I guess if you're doing tv from home this is the look now.  (Lol - at the end of the interview, she took off the blazer and had on a black bra, I think it was, underneath.)

I also saw her on Kimmel's show (the 3 earlier late-night hosts are part of a fundraising special she's putting together for coronavirus charities on April 18), where she looked the same, but was wearing a hot pink pullover sweater.  She actually looked great, with next to no make-up on.  (Now I have to check to see what she wore on Fallon's show.)

You mean like this:

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
(edited)

Oh, shit.  I hate that Meghan and I had the same thought.

And Meghan shouldn't take from this the idea that she and Lady Gaga are in any other way comparable.  Gaga is more articulate, talented, and compassionate on her worst day than Meghan will ever be.

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
(edited)
12 hours ago, bannana said:

I didn't watch VYD (never do) but as I fast forwarded through it was Sunny and Sara in the studio so they did that separately.  No idea why they are continuing with this.

They must have prerecorded several weeks of VYD.  Surely S&S are not coming into the studio to just tape this.

11 hours ago, Axie said:

I’m assuming Ana and Joy have not been on the show because Ana and Joy do not want to be on the show.

Ana must be in Miami.  Maybe she doesn't want a remote crew in her house.

9 hours ago, falltime said:

Sunny mentioned that networks should stop airing trump's ramblings. I think my local channels have stopped airing them. The days are running together, I think it was last week when the one local news cut in during trump talking and returned when Dr. Fauci started to speak then cut out when he finished. lol Now they don't even seem to play the briefings at all.

Yeah, I've been turning the channel when they break into the news for a Trump show.  Yesterday I turned back to the local news channel after about 5 minutes and they had already cut Trump off.

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
44 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Ana must be in Miami.  Maybe she doesn't want a remote crew in her house.

None of them have remote crews with them.

It can't be much harder than using Cisco Webex, can it?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Sunny asked yesterday what does Trump have to gain from touting the malaria drug. For anyone who  has been reading headlines this morning I think she has her answer.

I don't know if it's the pandemic or the pregnancy but Meghan is slightly more tolerable. I know when I was pregnant I developed a different mindset.  I wanted the world to be a better place so my child could have a better life.

I am curious though if Meghan and her husband know what the other one is saying at work. They don't seem to be on the same page.

• Love 11
(edited)

Guys, I don't think it was a coincidence that Meghan and Lady Gaga are sporting a similar look.  A little while ago I was looking at the headlines on Google News, and there was an article about all of her appearances on the late night talk shows yesterday, and it mentioned that she was briefly on Fallon's show last week.  This tweet was included -

Looking back at last week's thread, Meghan wore her glasses for the first time the next day.  If Meghan hadn't tweeted about it last night, I would've believed it was a coincidence, that she just happened to be talking up.  But she's just the kind of person who would do this on purpose, probably hoping that they will become besties.

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

None of them have remote crews with them.

It can't be much harder than using Cisco Webex, can it?

Duh, of course you are right. I don’t know why I was thinking otherwise. Not enough coffee, I guess. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Sunny asked yesterday what does Trump have to gain from touting the malaria drug. For anyone who  has been reading headlines this morning I think she has her answer.

I don't know if it's the pandemic or the pregnancy but Meghan is slightly more tolerable. I know when I was pregnant I developed a different mindset.  I wanted the world to be a better place so my child could have a better life.

I am curious though if Meghan and her husband know what the other one is saying at work. They don't seem to be on the same page.

It could also be that there’s no audience around to clap for all the other cohosts except her. I do recall one of the first things she said when they were in the studio without an audience is that she liked it better that way. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Just when Meghan becomes somewhat tolerable, she starts her question this morning by reminding us all that she’s a conservative, her husband runs a conservative paper, and that Karl is not a hack because conservatives trust him. 🙄🙄🙄 Why would he even care about any of that shit? Just ask the damn question.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14