Type keyword(s) to search

ACM Presents: Our Country (CBS) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Airs Sunday, April 5th (so tonight, lol) at 8:00 PM Eastern on CBS.

This replaces the ACM Awards, which were to have aired tonight but have been moved to September 16th due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This will be a fun, two hour special where various and sundry country stars will perform their hits from home. There will also be tributes to the recently departed Kenny Rogers and Joe Diffie (albeit the latter during the pre-show—which was live streamed online—oops)

This article has some more details here:

https://www.nashcountrydaily.com/2020/04/03/tv-special-acm-presents-our-country-announces-25-song-performance-list-facebook-pre-show/

Edited by UYI

Never been a huge Tim McGraw fan (too much hunky press), but loved that acoustic version of “Always Be Humble and Kind.”

Actually, I love all these acoustic performances!  More about the song and the voice than being an “entertainer.”

I like Darius Rucker, both as a solo artist and as part of Hootie and the Blowfish, but “Wagon Wheel” will always belong to Old Crow Medicine Show, IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Never been a huge Tim McGraw fan (too much hunky press), but loved that acoustic version of “Always Be Humble and Kind.”

Actually, I love all these acoustic performances!  More about the song and the voice than being an “entertainer.”

Tim’s the one performance that I missed some of, because I tried to get my pajamas on during a commercial and took too long, lol. 

Damn, the pre show was live-streamed online, so I missed Chris Young paying tribute to Joe Diffie. I really wanted to see that. ☹️

I kind of wish Miranda had performed more of “Bluebird” than she did, but I’m so happy to see that song doing better on the country charts than she’s had in awhile. One of the clear standouts on her newest album, for sure. 

Sheryl Crow really does fit within country music very well. Her official country album from 2013, Feels Like Home, is REALLY good. And of course she lives in Nashville and is raising her two boys there, so I can see how her brand of rock has combined with country over the years. 🙂

• Love 1
(edited)

Glad Gayle King just mentioned Joe Diffie and his passing, even though the performance for him was online. I knew it would probably  be hoping for too much to get a mention of Jan Howard’s passing, but at least she got a tribute from the Grand Ole Opry last weekend. 

Edited by UYI