Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

Just now, mamadrama said:

If you want to watch ahead of time Starz drops the episodes the night before. I watched it last night because I'm obsessed and have no patience.

I have had my fill of that evil little man, but I’m totally obsessed with the Chris Watts case

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Wow, Ari is being reasonable and sensible and realistic? 

I'm an atheist and my son is not baptized. But when we ran into the Catholic priest who used to live in our house and he asked if he could bless him, I agreed with enthusiasm. Ditto when I ran into the local official witch of Salem at the grocery store, I accepted her blessing for him too. Good vibes is good vibes. If I'd been in Ethiopia I probably would have gone along with it, just because I may be an atheist but I fervently believe in good energy. So why not have a little water splashed on the kid and have him be surrounded by love and good wishes? Meh. Good for Ari. 

I would love to go to a baptism/witch blessing! 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Angry Moldovan said:

OUCHY!!

Oh they put him under and everything.  It was minor day surgery and he went home the same day.  They said if it was something we would have wanted to do (not medical) it would have costed over $2K

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DEL901 said:

I think she just declared herself Jewish with taking any of the religious instruction.    She knows some of the traditions from her dad, but that isn’t the same as studying.   

I think her family was probably not really observant of either of her parents' religions, didn't attend church or temple regularly, but she grew up familiar with both traditions and customs, observed both sets of holidays, that sort of thing. I don't think either parent was especially devout and her affiliations with the religions of her parents are more cultural. And now she can conveniently claim one or the other as she wishes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
Just now, Angry Moldovan said:

I have had my fill of that evil little man, but I’m totally obsessed with the Chris Watts case

I'm working on a book about that case right now. It's taken over my life for the past 2 years.

The Starz series is far superior to the HBO series.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

Ari is gonna be a nervous mother. Oh boy.

Yazan made a big mistake.

Deavan is fishing for reasons to leave Jihoon/S. Korea. I’m not sure why she’s trying the cheating angle because she had a valid reason to leave when she found out about him being a broke criminal who lives with his parents.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, greekmom said:

Oh they put him under and everything.  It was minor day surgery and he went home the same day.  They said if it was something we would have wanted to do (not medical) it would have costed over $2K

My two weren’t, but husband was. We both looked at each other and said so, who’s going to teach them to care for it. Neither of us had a clue

• Love 2

Dare I say I’m a little proud of Ari for putting her baby first (right or wrong).  I’m not a parent, but it didn’t feel right to her so she didn’t just go with it.  She may change her mind later but I felt like she put her baby first.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

There looks to be a good made for HBO movie 🍿 tonight with Hugh Grant and Nicole Kidman. Also want to watch the new NXVIM documentary on Starz since The Vow is done. They always put my shows on Sunday night.

I’m watching the NXVIM documentary, it’s very interesting. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

My oldest was circumsized. It caused massive swelling and infection. It was awful, I didnt do it with my second son.

If we're polling, my guy is uncut. 

1 minute ago, mamadrama said:

I'm working on a book about that case right now. It's taken over my life for the past 2 years.

Good to know. I was toying with getting HBO just to see the show but I'll do Starz instead. If they have a free trial period, anyway. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I think her family was probably not really observant of either of her parents' religions, didn't attend church or temple regularly, but she grew up familiar with both traditions and customs, observed both sets of holidays, that sort of thing. I don't think either parent was especially devout and her affiliations with the religions of her parents are more cultural. And now she can conveniently claim one or the other as she wishes.

Having a circumcision is one of the most basic elements of Judaism. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Which is very interesting given her insistence, when in the US with her family, that “her” baby would be raised Jewish.

• Love 6
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

If we're polling, my guy is uncut. 

Good to know. I was toying with getting HBO just to see the show but I'll do Starz instead. If they have a free trial period, anyway. 

If you were going to choose one then I'd go with Starz. I added it to Hulu for $1.99 a month for 3 months.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

I'm so confused. I thought this lady was a Jew. Jews don't get circumcised anymore?

She isn’t formally Jewish.    She just identifies that way, but doesn’t formally follow the customs.  And I think she mainly identifies that way because Judaism doesn’t have hell and Christianity does.  

5 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

Dare I say I’m a little proud of Ari for putting her baby first (right or wrong).  I’m not a parent, but it didn’t feel right to her so she didn’t just go with it.  She may change her mind later but I felt like she put her baby first.

I agree.  The Baptism is just some water if you aren’t a believer, but the circumcision is something that can’t be undone.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, For Cereals said:

I gritted my teeth when she told Bini she wasn’t sure about the circumcision and he told her he’d make the decision for her.

They need to not get married.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Right, I know. So now the rubber's meeting the road and she's suddenly not so gung ho about it. If she was really devout and observant why would she question it? 

• Love 11

My son is cut, I am Jewish and my husband is not Jewish but he is also circumsized. I asked my son (18)if he would have rather had the choice and he said no. He is agnostic so the Jewish thing does not really factor in.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

If Ari was in the states her mother would be ordering the whitefish salad, lox and bagels while trying to book the, "good," mohel and event space at the synagogue while dad writes the checks and Ari would be just fine with all that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
Just now, Floatingbison said:

I guess  the burning question  is, is Coltee circumsized?  I guess only Larissa, Jess, Debbie  and the dozens of women he sent his creepy dick pics to know for sure.

He didn't look circumsised in the dick video but he's so tiny I couldn't tell.

• LOL 9
2 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

I guess, the burning question  is, is Coltee circumsized?  I guess only Larissa, Jess, Debbie  and the dozens of women he sent his creepy dick pics to know for sure.

I thought those pictures were out there for anyone brave enough to see them 

• LOL 2
12 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I watched American Murder on Netflix.  I just got a free trial of Starz for the Spanish Princess so I’ll have to look for that.  

• Love 3