Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

It seems like Yazan believes that by being exposed to Islam, Brittany will be moved to convert. He takes her to the mosque, gives her a Quran to read, and thinks she will have a revelation. Having been in a culture where he is exposed to just one religion as the true way of God, this seems reasonable to him.

He obviously should have told her she had to convert before marriage before she went to Jordan. She obviously should have told him she's still married.

• Love 10
Just now, mamadrama said:

I have a thing for dark complected, dark eyed, Middle Eastern men (my tall, blond, British, Ryan Phillippe lookalike husband was a complete anomaly in my life) but I'm not finding Yazan attractive at ALL. His dad, on the other hand... He's at least got that almost-silver fox thing happening.

Same! Some of the most beautiful looking men I’ve encountered in my life were in Middle Eastern countries. Pity we can’t see any of them on this show. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Any creative folks want to come up with a bingo card with all the catchphrases, malaprops and grammar mistakes on this show? Game wouldn’t last very long though

We have one floating around somewhere on here. “I’m giving up everything to come here, My kids mean everything to me, and “Him and I’s relationship” are a few phrases on the card already.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

All you have to do to become a Muslim is say one sentence in Arabic.  

"All that a person has to do is to say a sentence called the Testimony of Faith (Shahada), which is pronounced as:

I testify “La ilaha illa Allah, Muhammad rasoolu Allah.”

These Arabic words mean, “There is no true god (deity) but God (Allah), and Muhammad is the Messenger (Prophet) of God.”  Once a person says the Testimony of Faith (Shahada) with conviction and understanding its meaning, then he/she has become a Muslim."

Courtesy of Professor Google. Obviously study, prayer, instruction and contemplation are encouraged. But to become Muslim, all you need to do is speak the Testimony of Faith sincerely.  

Nerd alert: I studied International Relations with a concentration in Middle Eastern politics and culture and you are correct. You repeat that line three times and that’s it. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, greekmom said:

That creative roots drink is so stupid. If you're kid is underhydrated, give them WATER.

And besides, didn't everyone see the "Adam Ruins Everything" episode about "hydration"? Its a crock, mostly. 

Just now, Vandy10 said:

Well Cheesestick must be right up your alley!

I see what you did there. 

Just now, charmed1 said:

We have one floating around somewhere on here. “I’m giving up everything to come here, My kids mean everything to me, and “Him and I’s relationship” are a few phrases on the card already.

I think I did one, if I did its in the Small Talk thread. I've gathered up a bunch of tropes for a second one, I just need to get motivated. 

• Love 3

Can’t sorry about the earlier post.   Can’t seem to delete it.  

Re Brit and converting, so far, her main objection is the need to wash her face 5 times a day before praying.   Wait til she learns more about what is expected from a proper Muslim wife.  

• Love 8

Does dingleberry Deavan understand that apartment is an air bnb and they have it for a MONTH ONLY????  I mean, these people MOVE around a LOT!  You can just see the wheels turning in Jihoon's head.... Like what now?

And you are not spoiled at ALL are you Deavan??  Your Mom NEVER spoiled your bratty ass, now did she? The grandparents can stay back a little, just leave the credit card!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I don't think he is up anyone's alley....his girlfriend must have issues

He was up someone's alley, that's why Melyza's family is mad at him.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

Nerd alert: I studied International Relations with a concentration in Middle Eastern politics and culture and you are correct. You repeat that line three times and that’s it. 

You have much more authority than I! I read "Ali and Nino" when I was very young, it made an impression. India is one of my things so I've learned a lot about the various religions there in my literary travels. 

• Love 3