Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, RealReality said:

JFC, is this ed making a good first impression?

I felt a particular poignant combination of white hot rage and second hand embarrassment when he said “Here, chicken chicken!” and gave the chicken food off his plate with no thought to how that may have been rude to the people who prepared that meal.

• Love 16

No, no Ed. She really loves you, you're not her ticket out of poverty. How could a young, attractive woman not fall in love with you?

She loves the smell of mayo in the morning. It's the smell of victory.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

I’m laughing, too.  I’m sure I looked ridiculous.  It’s okay, though.  Practically from the moment I graduated, I transitioned to black combat boots, ripped jeans, and flannel shirts like every other self-respecting kid in 1994.  90’s kids, represent!

Class of '94 here and I was there with the combat boots and flannels too!  

In other news, Ed is acting so shocked that he might be a meal ticket...honestly, then just go back home and try dating in San Diego, you scumbucket.

• Love 14

Ed says they hung sheets up to make it look more HOMELY....ED-your aversion to their home is showing....and of course...rose is hoping that you are a ticket OUT...you didn't really think she liked you for your charm

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, kacesq said:

Did Ed do no research on the Philippines at all?

And he has filipino friends that he could have asked...

Ed is gross. The way he asked her father that loaded question, what the fuck is he expecting? I hate this awkward, lying idiot. Of course she is looking to get out of poverty. All your friends pretty much told you so. But you had to make the trip according to your delusional agenda and act shocked that Rose is poor.  He ignored the discomfort of being called "Daddy" when he has said he doesn't want any children. Be fucking honest wiith yourself, Ed. You wanted sex after 28+ years. You brought the ring to get engaged and NOW you're having second thoughts. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

Ed saying his intentions are to get to know Rose and take it from there was not the answer Papa Rose was looking for. Ed is delusional if thinks Rose would be with him if her circumstances were even just a little bit better. 

• Love 8
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

Rose and her family's cloths look new. All that poverty and they are still at least trying to be presentable for their guest, enter Ed with his saviour condescending bullshit.

Plus they welcomed him with all that food like it's a party and he just sits there and sweats and makes it weird.

• Love 20

1 minute ago, LennieBriscoe said:
8 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

How is Coltee and mom being in quarantine together different than any other time? Looks about normal to me. 

Except now they have to stay farther apart.

But the rules are relaxed for spouses. So still the same old Coltee and Mom.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

Tom is being really cruel about wanting this meeting. So why couldn't he do this over the phone? Ah yes. Camera whore. I actually feel bad for Darcy. A tiny smidge.

• Love 17
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

I felt a particular poignant combination of white hot rage and second hand embarrassment when he said “Here, chicken chicken!” and gave the chicken food off his plate with no thought to how that may have been rude to the people who prepared that meal.

They are so poor but did put on that feast for him and he throws it on the ground.   Idiot.  

And he is such a mix of manners (standing when her father cane in, making a nice toast) and cringeworthy (feeding the chicken, talking about how scared he was, trying not very successfully not to look down at everything about how she lives) 

And so excited for next week.  He tries out her shower and sees a mouse, lol.  And he decides to hightail it to a hotel, surprise, surprise. 

Edited by DEL901
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

I really can’t stand Darcey. There, I said it. She’s delusional and passive aggressive. 

She just wants someone to fit into her life as she wants. And she doesn’t take charge of her life, she just waits to see what the guy will decide. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13