Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I have a feeling that Trish is talking about translating for a hospital or law firm or something. I would imagine that a translator for books or articles would require more skill than just speaking the language. You'd need a very encyclopedic knowledge of both languages' structure, idiom and so on. 

We went to Ikea this weekend and my god it was a madhouse. As we were driving down I was just "we are insane, we're going to Ikea on a rainy Saturday the day the mask mandate is lifted". 

I have a friend who lives in Munich who translates novels - yes it's very difficult and your skills need to be at a high level.   Too bad about the Jersey Shore weather wise, but we NEED the  rain.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, greekmom said:

As per google search: "The most common minimum annual income required to sponsor a spouse or family member for a green card is $21,775. This assumes that the sponsor — the U.S. citizen or current green card holder — is not in active military duty and is sponsoring only one relative."

https://www.boundless.com/immigration-resources/income-requirements-for-green-card/#:~:text=The most common minimum annual,is sponsoring only one relative.

How is she survive if on that income with 2 kids? If she is making less that that she has bigger problems 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Grifter Lives said:

And, you translate into your native language.  I'd think that earlier immigrants and their children already own the Ukrainian translation market in Sequim, even for newscasts.

When my aunt was alive, she would get letters from family who lived in Ukraine. She noticed that the language started to get more Russian and she struggled at times.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

The vegan I know is morbidly obese so I assume there must be some unhealthy vegan food too. 😂

Any vegetable can be fried. There are lots of vegan desserts. Bread is vegan. So are french fries. Oreos are vegan, and go well with almond milk. The possibilities are endless. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

How is she survive if on that income with 2 kids? If she is making less that that she has bigger problems 

She should be making at least that with her 90 Day Gig.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Dead. Already. 

I detest her. 

"She should have watched where she was going" 

She looks like a poison mushroom. 

How about Momma's plan, that Natalie "do translation"? Is she some kind of expert? Does she know how Natalie should go about that, exactly? 

Poison Mushroom doesn't seem to know that being an interpreter takes training and a background check. You can't just walk into the hospital and say "I speak Ukranian".

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

LOL, JoJo and Angela have the matching “Best” and “Friends” shirts, just like little 9-year-old girls!❤️

That green sludge is not exactly a “clear liquid” but I guess it’s better than Coke.

Angela calls her under neck skin a “turkey goggle”. It’s a turkey wattle.

Edited by GrammyPammy
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

I don't buy the fact that the Doc took out more than he should have with the boobs. Ange would have had to sign a release form. Doc can't just say i am taking out one pound. It's unrealistic in case of complications.  Docs need to make snap decisions in the operating room. I bet there was a range between 1-2 pounds.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Grifter Lives said:

He'd be doing it in another 20-30 years, if he ever made it over here.  She told him so.

He’ll be gone as soon as he gets citizenship and I do not blame him.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Good translators are a rare find. Folks can do literal ones, but the good ones make the translation their own.

Natalie’s no Adam from Jordan 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, GrammyPammy said:

LOL, JoJo and Angela have the matching “Best” and “Friends” shirts, just like little 9-year-old girls!❤️

But do they have the matching charm necklace from Claire’s, circa 1991?

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

I did not need the mental image of Angela working the pole...

And now, all the way from Toads Rump, Georgia, let's give a big Melon Shakers welcome to  . . . . Angela!!

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
Just now, LEILANI2 said:

So Ange is getting all this surgery to appear younger, but will keep smoking like a chimney.

She's a strong woman but sometimes she just needs a ciggie!!!  And no one is going to tell her what to do!!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

We went to Ikea this weekend and my god it was a madhouse. As we were driving down I was just "we are insane, we're going to Ikea on a rainy Saturday the day the mask mandate is lifted". 

The first time I went into IKEA I could not find my way out of the store.  LOL!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

It's amazing how many people have these major surgeries and are shocked that it HURTS!

Denial.
I was surprised when I had surgery that it hurt so much and took so long to heal...and normal is forever changed. I was told "Six to eight weeks.", but I thought "Eh, two weeks tops...I'll have FOUR WEEKS off work to do as I please."

Fast forward...I was still sitting down to go up and down the stairs EIGHT weeks later!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Here's my question re: Angela. I know she can't have coke due to the gas. 

Can't she drink flat coke?

When my friend was pregnant she had such terrible morning sickness that she had to have a spoonful of flat coke every half hour. It was the only thing she could keep down. 

2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Poison Mushroom doesn't seem to know that being an interpreter takes training and a background check. You can't just walk into the hospital and say "I speak Ukranian".

Exactly! Momma seems to think that would be all it takes. She's a fucking idiot, in addition to being a very unpleasant person. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, GrammyPammy said:

That green sludge is not exactly a “clear liquid” but I guess it’s better than Coke.

Now I want to make turkey goggles. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1