Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

(edited)

Getting through the 2+ hours of this show seems almost as long as waiting for my next meal when I am dieting. Thanks everybody for making it a bit more tolerable.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

Why does Mike think he is a prize? He looks like he smells of stale sweat and his personality is a dud.

He's going home to drink with all his friends on his birthday...

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

I didn't know that! Did you know that Stephanie has an illness?

Also, did you know that Zied is 27???

Good night, folks! I will see some of you on Wednesday for more "My 600-Pound Life: WATN" fun.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

Why does Mike think he is a prize? He looks like he smells of stale sweat and his personality is a dud.

I think if anyone is sending him boob pictures it is to get under Natalie’s skin.  They cannot possible be attracted to that lump of nothing.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

Yep, if Ronald's only form of transportation is the motorcycle, he needs it.  He could ALSO get some kind of J-O-B, if only to help Tiffany buy a couple of blouses that include shoulders.

Old crazy Natalie just can't seem to find her way, can she?  It's either straight up bunny boiler crazy or it's mean nasty beyotch.  Is there a middle somewhere??

Edited by goofygirl
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Well, that was fun, guys! I'll see you next week, which will be Mother's Day! Peace out.

Wait, its Mother's Day weekend? I won't be available, I've decided to take a leaf from Betty's book and spend the entire weekend being feted by my family. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Well, that was fun, guys! I'll see you next week, which will be Mother's Day! Peace out.

How can they have the show on Mother's Day!? That's Betty's day!

I'll be there anyway. Just for the snark.

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Yes Angela, I’m sure this incredibly handsome surgeon is interested in a 54-year-old leather bag of a woman.

She was sexually harassing him. So gross. 

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

If the boob picture is true, I don’t think Natalie is being unreasonable.  Mike is looking for any excuse to fight with her so he can end the marriage.  He is an asshole.

I believe it. That is why he took off. He is pushing her in hopes she will appear to be crazy so he can end the marriage. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

That's the thing about Grangela.  SHE thinks she's cute as hell!  Somebody needs to disabuse her of this silly notion!

Grown women don't act like that at a doctor's appointment.  And seriously,  if Mikul acted like that she'd have his head in a bag in nothin' flat.  SOOO GROSS!!

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Gobi said:

I'm just going to say it - Daniel is one ugly kid. Sorry, not sorry.

I’m dating myself, but he reminds me of the orphan Dondi in the old comic strip  image.png.f8c0834703f3a6d2b3d1796009c7e46e.png

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, goofygirl said:

That's the thing about Grangela.  SHE thinks she's cute as hell!  Somebody needs to disabuse her of this silly notion!

She also needs to be disabused of the silly notion that men will be lusting after her when she has the weight loss/makeover. 😂 She said something like that last week that she wanted to be that type of woman... but it's.not.going.to.happen.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Angela would actually enjoy that too much

Didn't her gyn end up giving her gas? 

52 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Mr Twopper and I are celebrating 35 years of marriage tomorrow.  (It is also Fred and Ethel Mertz' anniversary for all you Lucy fans).  I bet most of the morons on this show don't make 35 months.

I can't believe it is only 9:35.  Is my clock stopped?   I may have to go back to reading the Sister Wives book from 2012.

Congrats!! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, Arynm said:

So I looked it up because I like to know what language people are speaking and I found out that Zulu is the most spoken at 23% followed by Xhosa at 16% and then Afrikaans at 14%. English was only at 9.5% I have no idea what they were speaking.

Oh I assumed it was Afrikaans that they were speaking. Interesting! 

56 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Wow Brandon is an asshole. 

He is. But still I would not want Julia to decorate my wedding (not due to English, just lack of style). 

• Love 2
(edited)

"That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
You get your moolah from the FIL
That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
Money for nothin' and your fights for free"

Andrreeeii has no concept of working his way up in any line of work and not acting entitled or superior. (Grandiose thinking like that can go with a number of mental illnesses.) That's probably why he didn't last as a cop. What happened to the trucking plan? Didn't Chuck put him through that program? Andreeiii probably has a new get-rich-quick scheme every week. Libby is going to be old before her time. Sometimes cultural differences in a couple cannot be overcome; we had one in our family. 

My entertainment in the Angela sections was watching Natasha's reactions and trying to figure out her bizarre outfit, like the O. Henry heiress who wore a bra as a top. So mach "Seinfeld" this episode...The plastic surgeon did well at keeping his cool with Angela's embarrassing behavior. Who will pay for all that elective surgery? I assumed with all the kids and grandkids she supports she doesn't have two dimes to rub together, not to mention a heavy cigarette habit, almost $10 a pack where I am.

Brandon is a dweeb and a killjoy but he is right that his wife's English is poor. Why isn't she studying? Sure,  blame "farm" for everything, Julia. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Surely, there is a nearby community college that offers ESL classes. Brandon could probably afford a couple of classes for his wife.

A lot of times they're free. My mom teaches ESL and computer skills through the local university (community classes but they're through the uni's adult education program) and they're free. I usually pitch in and help if there are Muslim women enrolled. So far I have officially taught 47 Saudi Arabian women to speak and write English on an intermediate level. I have also unofficially used my own vehicle to teach them how to drive...

• Love 10
1 minute ago, mamadrama said:

A lot of times they're free. My mom teaches ESL and computer skills through the local university (community classes but they're through the uni's adult education program) and they're free. I usually pitch in and help if there are Muslim women enrolled. So far I have officially taught 47 Saudi Arabian women to speak and write English on an intermediate level. I have also unofficially used my own vehicle to teach them how to drive...

They weren't free where I worked. Some courses cost over $1000. More academic courses. Some newcomer centres may have free or greatly reduced cost courses.

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

They weren't free where I worked. Some courses cost over $1000. More academic courses. Some newcomer centres may have free or greatly reduced cost courses.

Yes, there's a difference between TESOL (what my husband taught), IEP, and ESL here. And whether you're taking classes through the adult education community services (free) or enrolled in the university as a student (paid).

Richmond, about 45 minutes from them, also offers free ESL courses through their adult ed.

Polish_20210502_235448658.thumb.png.7da002be4198436a0def77f3530f8bc8.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Suzywriter said:

My sister did this to me. She constantly told me that I couldn't be a registered nurse because I was too childish and irresponsible. She literally said "you're never going to make it. You're going to kill somebody. You're going to give somebody the wrong medication and kill them, or you'll be too scared to do the procedure and they'll die because of you. You're never going to make it." over and over until I quit and went to secretarial school. 

It's why I'm back in school at 59. Dammit, she may have delayed the dream, but it's still my dream. 

Julia, run. 

Sending you hugs 💜:

giphy.gif

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Suzywriter said:

My sister did this to me. She constantly told me that I couldn't be a registered nurse because I was too childish and irresponsible. She literally said "you're never going to make it. You're going to kill somebody. You're going to give somebody the wrong medication and kill them, or you'll be too scared to do the procedure and they'll die because of you. You're never going to make it." over and over until I quit and went to secretarial school. 

It's why I'm back in school at 59. Dammit, she may have delayed the dream, but it's still my dream. 

Julia, run. 

I've been there. My high school boyfriend did this to me. It's 20 years later and I'm just now starting to really process the damage.

But you go, girl! We're rooting for you. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Yes, there's a difference between TESOL (what my husband taught), IEP, and ESL here. And whether you're taking classes through the adult education community services (free) or enrolled in the university as a student (paid).

Richmond, about 45 minutes from them, also offers free ESL courses through their adult ed.

Polish_20210502_235448658.thumb.png.7da002be4198436a0def77f3530f8bc8.png

That is something Brandon and Julia should be looking at. The ones at universities aren't cheap. She will have better opportunities with a greater command of written and spoken English and maybe improved reading. It is hard, though.

• Love 3
(edited)

Why are they acting like Julia will be deported if she doesn't get a green card??

And Brandon, you are a dream killing pessimist. "What are you going to do, destroy someone's special day?"

How about just asking her nicely what are her plans to qualify for a job as a wedding planner?

I know, it's difficult when you've set your own bar so low that you can't even afford to live on your own, but try to be just a skosh more supportive. Even Angela's boobs have more support in that non-bra she wore to the doctor's office.

Edited by renatae
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Gobi said:

I'm just going to say it - Daniel is one ugly kid. Sorry, not sorry.

I think braces will help

Julia's English is not what is stopping her from being a successful fashion designer.  I'm guessing her lack of experience/education and general bad sense of fashion would be obstacles.

She's perfectly qualified to work the counter of a gym club, or pole dancing.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Gobi said:

"I'm wondering if this marriage is right for me."

So, getting married is like buying a pair of shoes?

Ask your doctor if marriage to a duplicitous Samoan man-child is right for you.

<spoken very quickly > Side effects may include poverty, living with your parents, having babies to try to save the relationship, buying property to try to save the relationship and being lied to about playing volleyball 

• LOL 9

So there was a tornado today in Frederick, MD (it was all over the local news) and I kept thinking maybe the tornado would fly Tiffany away to South Africa... I'm terrible. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 5/3/2021 at 11:00 PM, tvrox said:

So there was a tornado today in Frederick, MD (it was all over the local news) and I kept thinking maybe the tornado would fly Tiffany away to South Africa... I'm terrible. 

i'm trying to remember who tiffany is!  

I wasn't sure where to post this but since this thread is still open, it might be the most appropriate place.

TLC has finally dropped the first 8 seasons of this mess onto Discovery+.  

I'll be spending the day giving one of the old seasons another watch.

Happy Mother's Day, my fellow posters <3 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4