Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

She can barely make it down the stairs. How many cocktails has she had already? 

We can play the "what's in the glass game" I'm going with Vodka even though she wants us to think its water.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5

Since when is it "tradition" for the future MIL to go dress shopping with her son's fiancee? 

Or for the groom to go shopping with the bride-to-be?

That family needs some boundaries.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Since when is it "tradition" for the future MIL to go dress shopping with her son's fiancee? 

Lots of them on Say Yes to the Dress. Some bring a huge entourage of family.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, JennyMominFL said:

Its makes me happy to see so many of us getting vaccinated. There is a lifht at the end of the tunnel.

Me too. Here’s to brighter days ahead.

• Love 10
Just now, Frozendiva said:

One of the reasons that show irks me. You don’t need 2nd cousin Sally telling you your dress is horrible. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

Just remember that phone call with Harris... he kept calling her baby.  None of my male friends call me "baby."  He is just a penis with legs as far as she's concerned.  

And that's fine if they're fine with it but stop lying to us, Stephanie!  She's the Big Ed of the season.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
Just now, JennyMominFL said:

Its makes me happy to see so many of us getting vaccinated. There is a lifht at the end of the tunnel.

I was really surprised to get an appointment so quickly. I'd been saying that I would wait since everyone is CRAZY in Massachusetts. The rollout has been a catastrophe, managed very badly and everyone is screaming about how terrible it is. My phase was just opened and I was "meh, OK, I'll just bide my time till things slow down a little". then a friend posted on FB that he'd just gotten an appointment at CVS, so I jumped on their site and got something right away! Yippee!

• Love 13
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

I will be in the last phase so I have a feeling it will be down to that by the time I get the vaccine. It seems like it is less effective but then again it has been more recently tested against the newer strains.

I am willing to bet that the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines would have had similar numbers had they been tested against newer strains. Also J &J was 100%  preventative of deaths and hospitalizations. Plus the numbers are  at 30 days out and by 60 days the number is in the high 90s 

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

You won't stop talking about Ryan, Stephanie.

I’m sure that’s because she’s so over him.  Just keeps mentioning him to demonstrate how little he means to her.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

My DIL invited me to go wedding dress shopping (I have only sons, thank goodness). I politely declined because A) I feared I’d be navigating a minefield and B) I thought it was something a mother does with her daughter and I’d be a third wheel and C)I didn’t give a shit. Not a big fan of what she ended up with, but none of my business.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, renatae said:

My hubby got that one, too. Just the first so far - but it went well. I need aortic valve surgery, but have to be tested for allergens first, so surgery date is up in the air. Our vaccine sheet said you have to have #2 during the time period specified, or you have to start over. Not willing to do that, so I'm waiting for some firm dates before I schedule. I'm hoping to go for the one shot deal at Walgreen's, lol.

And yet  the  Uk is giving them 3 months apart

• Useful 1
12 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Jovi, you introduce your friends and family to Yara. Not visit with your dude friends.

Whom you already spent all day drinking with, right?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I was really surprised to get an appointment so quickly. I'd been saying that I would wait since everyone is CRAZY in Massachusetts. The rollout has been a catastrophe, managed very badly and everyone is screaming about how terrible it is. My phase was just opened and I was "meh, OK, I'll just bide my time till things slow down a little". then a friend posted on FB that he'd just gotten an appointment at CVS, so I jumped on their site and got something right away! Yippee!

Yes, had to go in line at 6 AM for CVS, but I got an appt and last week got one for my disabled dtr.   Thrilled!!!!

• Love 12
(edited)
5 minutes ago, kacesq said:

One of the reasons that show irks me. You don’t need 2nd cousin Sally telling you your dress is horrible. 

And, they created the false expectation that a bride must pay a minimum of $5000 for an acceptable wedding gown.  And every bride-to-be has a sob story which inspires the consultants to find the dream dress.  I do like Randy.

OK, back to this show - I better not see any crossovers for SYTTD.

Edited by Grifter Lives
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

Sup peeps!  Hope all are well.  

Watched the NXVIM Dateline special on Friday and all I could think about was that Stephanie looks like Great Value Catherine Oxenberg.

I just started watching "The Vow" on HBO. I thought my head would fall right off, I was shaking it so much with disbelief. 

3 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Does anyone else hate that Kraft commercial with the annoying Enya song? 

I loathe it and contemplate murder every time it airs.

2 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Sure. But that's not a "tradition", that's just people being idiotic.

Just now, Hotel Snarker said:

My mother says she doesn't think she will get vaccinated for another couple of months. She says her group is not up yet.

My mother's 92 and refuses to trot into Boston (12 miles from her home). She's going to wait until she can go to her doctor or her local CVS or Walgreens' 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I know its been bad there, but your numbers of vaccinate is still above the national average.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Hotel Snarker said:

That lasagna looks nasty.

Yes.  she lost me at putting slices of tomato in the layers, but the top of it just looks gross.  They seem to love it though.  over half the pan is gone!

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

My mother's 92 and refuses to trot into Boston (12 miles from her home). She's going to wait until she can go to her doctor or her local CVS or Walgreens' 

My mom is 51 and her group isn't ready for the vaccine yet. She's patiently waiting.

• Love 7