Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: Shame Hangover

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Lala’s shot looked like orange juice.

So did Brett's but I doubt he was shooting orange juice. It's entirely plausible that hers was non-alcoholic but I like to think the worst of Lala because, well, she is the worst. So boozy shots for both of them it is!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

There is nothing more boring than going to a place where everyone is drinking when you’re sober.

I think this is where Lala is at now. She is returning to her old nasty bitchy self because she's not drinking and every chucklefuck around her is and she's resenting it.  It's got to be getting old. She should just go be happy being the arm candy to rich Rand and forget about these idiots before she relapses. 

• Love 6

I have a Shame Hangover after watching this show.  Random thoughts:

1)  The new people are there because this is a transition year.  LVP no longer has RHOBH so this is her show and the original cast is getting too old to play sophomoric pranks and they (and we) have moved on from them. Does anybody really want to see Brittany being pregnant and Jax abandoning her while partying with his friends?  Anybody?

2)  Stassi, Katie and Lala, I accommodate unlikeable people by not liking them.  As a poster above said Katie was cold-blooded, she is.  What a great characterization.  I also continue to note in the after show, Katie fills up the entire wing chair.  Yes, I go there.  Either lose weight or be nicer and I won't call this out. Lala and Stassi, enough said.  Know YOUR place.

3) Who attends a birthday party and thinks it is funny to smash the cake in the birthday Girl's face?  Seriously?  Sophomoric.

4) Who leaves their husband in the car on his birthday so you can socialize with your much younger employees for half an hour or so?

5) Not even going there with the vaginal fluid tasting.  Never heard of it before.  Tasteless (okay, I just made myself laugh about that one).

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

To remind us that HOCKEY is his great love and passion - remember that his DREAM job was working for that hockey outfit in Florida.

Don't forget about fightin' fire!!!  Because anybody can just BE a firefighter, right?  You don't need to be brave and honest or anything.  It's not like you need to stay calm whilst running into a burning building!  Speaking of which, bravo to Sandoval's mum, who is a firefighter.

12 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

For eight years Scheana has shown the Bravo universe how insecure, desperate, pathetic, clingy and needy she is. Her mom and friends probably tried to give her advice or coach her (I really hope). Scheana ignores or dismisses them. 

Is there anyone else on reality TV who is this pitiful? (The Bachelor doesn’t count, since it’s only one season.)

I'm surprised that Scheana is as clingy as she is, seeing as she comes from a family who is so supportive and loving.  I must admit that I was a bit clingy when I was younger because I had nowhere to go when my parents were fighting and I was lonely all the time, but with parents like the Jancans, I would think that you would have better self-assurance.

I do like Burning Love, which is a parody of The Bachelor/rette.  I also wonder if Scheana would ever go on a show like that.  She's exactly the type of person I would see on a show like The Bachelor.  I think she would love being on The Bachelorette, because SHE gets to choose the guy, not the other way around!

10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Oh. I just realized: no Billie. Fourteen episodes, and this is the first time I thought of her. 

You know what reminded me of her? That dark grey surprised cat meme. Billie’s WTF face always made me think of that cat.

I was just about to mention Billie!!!  Have NOT missed her at all, and am enjoying the season more without her in it.  Bleh.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, gingerella said:

How is that drunky mcDrunkster, Kristen, still on this show? She's just a pathetic waste who needs to be in serious rehab.

I am pretty sure Kristen was undergoing therapy and seemed to have been helping. Has she backslid?

22 hours ago, heatherchandler said:
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 11:47 PM, Ubiquitous said:

What the fuck was wrong with LaLa at the girls' pool party? Does she wear an apron while getting a tan? I was so scared that this was going to be a repeat of what Phaedra said on RHoA when the topic of "tasting yourself" came up.

I am sure I will regret asking, but what did Phaedra say on RHoA??

She puts sugar down there:

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-3/episode-5/videos/too-much-information

Here's the abbreviated version if you don't want to see and hear the rest of that convo;

(I was looking for the clip from The Soup but couldn't find it)

(edited)
21 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I think the vast majority of people who are sober who say they are comfortable around excessive drinking are lying and are just trying not to be a buzzkill

I think this exactly.  All newly recovering alcoholics I know SAY it is ok to drink around them, but they only say that because they don't want to make it weird.  I always err on the side of caution and not drink when someone who is recovering is around.  Like I think you said, if it is that hard to not drink, then that's a problem.

16 hours ago, nexxie said:

Beau seems too nice to saddle himself with Stassi - maybe he’s a nice dumbass.

I think he's a really good actor.  Actually, I think he's a really bad actor since I can see the acting, and it is not good.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

I'm surprised that Scheana is as clingy as she is, seeing as she comes from a family who is so supportive and loving.  I must admit that I was a bit clingy when I was younger because I had nowhere to go when my parents were fighting and I was lonely all the time, but with parents like the Jancans, I would think that you would have better self-assurance.

Her parents are divorced, and in my experience, most kids of divorce that I know (I am sure not all, but all that I know) have issues.  Divorce does a number on kids, and some kids are very sensitive to that separation of family.  

• Love 2
(edited)
On 4/7/2020 at 10:34 PM, Pop Tart said:

So his continuing to allow Stassi to think he’s not ready? That’s not cool. He’s straight up lying to her about where he is emotionally because he wants the proposal to be a production that will prove his wonderfulness.

I don’t like Stassi and know that much of this is for a storyline, but game-playing about a relationship for the sake of the “perfect” performative proposal. Not cool.

EXACTLY. I totally get Stassi’s frustration if Beau’s being genuinely elusive about the possibility of marriage in general. Surely they’d discussed marrying each other before that scene, I’d like to hope??

Otherwise, I understand her frustrated tears; before I ever moved in with my now husband, I let him know that marriage within 3-5 years was my ultimate goal. And when I happened to pointedly mention 4 years later that my grandmother was in her mid-90’s and I wanted her to live to see us get married, he was kind enough to give me a few helpful hints that a proposal was on its way soon...and I was *completely* surprised when he did propose! 

So yeah, that’s stupid and borderline cruel if Beau’s stringing her along with the marriage stuff. You don’t play with your partner’s emotions like that over something that’s obviously very important to her or him just for the sake of it being a “surprise”; grow the fuck up, Beau.

Speaking of which, I agree that Katie let Schwartz off the hook wayyyy too easily; I’d be mortified and devastated if my husband dared  such hurtful things to me in front of all our friends, drunk or not. Completely inappropriate and probably based in truth since our angry drunk sides are usually willing to unleash the truths we normally stuff inside. Those two need some serious marital therapy because their relationship still feels as toxic as it did in the first seasons.

God I’m so over LaLa. Yeah, so you’re engaged to a fat Hollywood film-trade  divorcée who will eventually trade you in like the previous wife. Big friggin deal, get over your damned self. And while you’re at it, quit fucking with your face!

Also, I’m no Kristen fan and I get Stassi/Katie’s annoyance with her, but it’s like they’re taking sick delight in excluding her and treating her like dogshit...it’s so nasty and unnecessary. Katie in particular is such a nasty bitch about excluding her/icing her out that I don’t even feel sorry for her when Schwartz yells at her or when people call out her beefy body. 

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 8

For all the talk of Raquel being stupid, her "I'm a bad ax bitch" in her talking head was funnier than most of what the otheres say.

Also, "What about the cheesecake? It's really good but I just don't eat it because I'm picky about cheesecake." (Cheesecake factory line aside) Who thinks that's an appropriate thing to say to a customer in the restaurant when you are supposed to be selling the food??

I have a soft spot for Scheana, but at this point she's just ignoring everything and pretending her life is how she imagines it or she's so unself-aware that it's painful.  At this point she's had many people try to tell her the truth (Brett: we should just be friends; Scheana: But maybe more someday) and Lala telling Scheana that she has a pattern with me and Scheana all 'what do you mean?"  So painful to watch.

• Love 9

Charli - you don't recommend Cheesecake Factory as better cheesecake than your workplace cheesecake, you dumb ass. I loved what she wore to the party until the nipslips began happening! Dang you dunce, get those under control! 

I can't stand Raquel, she's so vacuous, but "i'm a bad axe bitch" had me rolling. 

Lala - come on, what person shoots oj!  Shots are for alcohol and if she has to do a shot that's non-alcoholic, she better be calling her sponsor. I can't stand her. I try so hard to be understanding of everyone's sexual choices, but she fucked that fat fuck to get further in the business and the car.  I'm so not cool with that. Especially since his ex wife looks like lala's sister.  

• Love 5

Danica is doing what I used to do when I was a horrible person back in the 90s. She's purposely overcharging tables who aren't paying attention, and pocketing the cash for herself to buy outfits.

• Love 2
On 4/7/2020 at 10:07 PM, Callaphera said:

there was something about the scene where Stassi walked off in tears because Beau wasn't proposing rightthatveryfuckingsecond that bugs. Specifically it was Beau's sad muppet face while he mopily takes a bite of whatever appetizer it was and sat there with guacamole at the corner of his mouth before chewing sadly with guacamole at the corner of his mouth and then despondently wiped away the guacamole at the corner of his mouth. 

I felt like I was watching a watered down Great Value version of a scene from a Paul Rudd romantic comedy circa 2009. It was just a little too much. 

It was a LOT too much. Man, he bugs the crap out of me. I  swear I can hear him think “and, scene,”  and smile inwardly (with that guacamole at the corner of his mouth).  I think he lives for the camera the most out of all of them.  That’s saying a lot with a cast that includes Lala and Sandoval 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 4/9/2020 at 4:35 PM, hilaryvm said:

Also, "What about the cheesecake? It's really good but I just don't eat it because I'm picky about cheesecake." (Cheesecake factory line aside) Who thinks that's an appropriate thing to say to a customer in the restaurant when you are supposed to be selling the food??

I think so - but with a big fat asterisk leading to a disclaimer at the end of that.

Used correctly (and the way Charli was edited, she didn't use it correctly), honesty like that is a great upselling technique and can net you regular customers. You follow that up with "But the triple chocolate fudge cake with the bourbon vanilla ice cream? That's my favourite." And boom, you potentially just turned a $4 dessert purchase into an $8 dessert purchase and maybe even bagged yourself a better tip for your charming honesty. It doesn't work for every customer, though, and not every person in a customer facing position can pull it off. Done properly, though? $$$

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I don't know why I care, but I am still confused about the Danica situation.  Guillermo said that as a Manager she only had 2 tables, the orders went to the wrong tables, 1 table was charged an extra $200, and they had to call both customers to tell them about the mistake.  So (a) the diners didn't realize they got the wrong food? (b) the diners didn't realize they were overcharged by $200? (c) if only 1 table was overcharged why the need to call the other one; if they were undercharged did they charge their credit card a second time?  

How drunk were those diners and how high were those bills???

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

How drunk were those diners and how high were those bills???

I am convinced this was Danica giving herself some extra money. Some tables don't look at their bill, and servers add on to them, and get to take the money home that night (they have a total, they take out credit card totals, and part of the cash, and then leave that night with whatever is left over in cash. I know I explained that terribly.) I also saw this a lot in the nightclubs I worked for in L.A.== as soon as a table got loud and drunk, servers would add extra drinks onto the bill, and take home way more money in tips.

• Love 1

I'm rewatching this and when Stassi says "Who cares?" to Lisa when she worries she spilled the beans to Kristn.  Hmm.  In light of Covid-19, this seems unusually cruel.  Stassi, I cough/sneeze on you.  I have no idea how you and Fat-Katie became so self-important but you aren't important and your 15 minutes are almost up.  When Jax starts cheating, the show is over. 

• Love 2
On 4/22/2020 at 12:09 PM, Amber40hands said:

Did anyone notice that Lala took a shot with Bret at the bar at Dayna’s party?

Was it alcohol? I guess so, or you wouldn't be mentioning it. 

I wish there was an emogee for "not surprised, but didn't notice".

• LOL 1
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 1:01 PM, Aim123 said:

Danica is doing what I used to do when I was a horrible person back in the 90s. She's purposely overcharging tables who aren't paying attention, and pocketing the cash for herself to buy outfits.

Sweet Dee did that on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.