Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, Red Bridey said:

I am completely confused by where that actually are. The Kingdom crashed and is no more, right? Alexandria got burned to the ground during the battle with the Saviors, right? Hilltop just got burned down by the Whisperers, right? Is this the same hospital that Beth got murdered in? I am so confused. Is Oceanside still a thing? Please, someone who pays more attention, catch me up!

The furnace blew at Kingdom and it was abandoned during the snowstorm. Alexandria got firebombed to hell but somehow it remained intact for the purpose of the show. They mention Oceanside every once in a while, but I don't recall seeing it for a long time. 

Kingdom had to be abandoned because the furnace wasn't working, yet Oceanside only had a few cabins yet they are sustainable. 

• Love 2
On 4/8/2020 at 11:15 AM, Sam Spayaid said:

Does anyone think that maybe this show is just plain all played out and it really needs to start thinking about it's exit strategy? 

I will try to answer without spoiling.  There is still a lot to the story to tell from the comics,  but with the movies they plan to do I don't understand how they will do it.  Where Michonne, Eugene and the gang are heading there is a story.   A hint is how the Michonne episode ends.

At the same time,  Strangers went to Hilltop and we never saw them back.  Maggie left and we have no news, Helicopters are flying around, etc...  And if you follow Fear the Walking Dead it is even more of a mixed up.

Are they going to tie the knots of the plots or leave the story lines lay for years without any explanation like they are used to?  I know what is supposed to happen because I have read the comics until the end, but I am as confused as you are.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Kingdom had to be abandoned because the furnace wasn't working,

I think it was worse than that. The roof had holes and the chimney was blocked and not one single person thought about or knew how to repair anything, so they just left it all to decay and took off when a storm was coming.

Other than that, I have no idea what the strategies might be. Is everyone pinning some fantastic hope on Eugene's Dial-a-Girlfriend?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I think it was worse than that. The roof had holes and the chimney was blocked and not one single person thought about or knew how to repair anything, so they just left it all to decay and took off when a storm was coming.

Other than that, I have no idea what the strategies might be. Is everyone pinning some fantastic hope on Eugene's Dial-a-Girlfriend?

I simplified it greatly but I think it blew up in some way. Even if the system was malfunctioning, they should have shut it down and been able to hunker down somewhere in the complex. However they used the excuse they hadn't maintained provisions to last a snow storm, so they had to blow it to Kingdom Come.

• Love 2

Oh, and recycled plot lines-wasn't there a time when the Governor went to attack the prison and they had left?  Just like Beta going to attack Alexandria and they left.

Wait, did we see this happen? I remember the battle at Hilltop but I don't remember any battle taking place at Alexandria (this season). 

Does anyone think that maybe this show is just plain all played out and it really needs to start thinking about it's exit strategy? 

With Kang and Gimple at the helm the show is doomed to stupidity. If by some miracle AMC sacked both of them and managed to coax Darabont back the show might actually improve. I don't see much chance of that happening, so yeah . . . I wish they would start winding down.

The sad thing is that even with the ratings at an all-time low they are still pretty decent for a basic cable show. It remains to be seen how low they have to sink before AMC does something about it, one way or another.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Wait, did we see this happen? I remember the battle at Hilltop but I don't remember any battle taking place at Alexandria (this season). 

With Kang and Gimple at the helm the show is doomed to stupidity. If by some miracle AMC sacked both of them and managed to coax Darabont back the show might actually improve. I don't see much chance of that happening, so yeah . . . I wish they would start winding down.

The sad thing is that even with the ratings at an all-time low they are still pretty decent for a basic cable show. It remains to be seen how low they have to sink before AMC does something about it, one way or another.

Beta emerged from the bowels of the earth in Alexandria. No battle, but a bunch of redshirt casualties.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, wintrygal said:

What happened to Daryl's dog?  Has it even been shown lately, can't remember.

The dog was at the hospital. They mentioned he ran all the cats away except the one Lydia (or someone else) was petting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I don't recall that, but if that is true, then tie the dog up or get rid of the damn dog.  The cats are more useful than that damn dog.

At the 12 minute mark, Carol is petting the dog and tells Magnum that the dog is keeping the cats away and Magma responds "mostly".

Edited by Iguessnot
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I just saw this episode on my DVR, that’s how uninteresting this season has been. The on screen info listed this as the season finale but that can’t be right?

So why is there a live minefield outside a major US city?? I just can’t with the stupidity of this show.

• LOL 2
21 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

So why is there a live minefield outside a major US city??

Maybe the Princess went to the TWD ACME store and bought land mines and installed them? After all she can live alone for a whole year and remain well-fed, keep her hair dyed in trendy colours and wrangle a whole bunch of walkers and dress them up so I'm assuming nothing is outside her capabliities.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I remember when I couldn't wait for the next episode of this show. That hasn't been the case for a few years now. I watch because I have seen every episode and maybe deep down inside I have an ember of hope that it will be good again. I do like Princess. Maybe it's because she's a bit nutty. I find her funny and endearing. I am so tired of the ever moping Lydia and the look at what a bad ass I am menagerie of new female characters. 

I hope that Aaron and what's his name make it out- I really like them. I hope that Eugene does indeed find a woman whom he can call his own. He's kind of the "not even if he was the last man on earth" type. 

I am grateful to all of you who have hung in there with me...... maybe that ember might create a spark and we will be rewarded with a nice warm fire before it's all over with. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

What this series needs is intelligent characters that actually give a damn about others, rather than their own self-interests.

When was the last time a character showed concern for anyone else? It's not often but when they do it's very odd.

"Hi. I'm from Vermont" Aaron cared a lot about that grimy little mutt, Mary, for some odd reason

Daryl, it seems, cares deeply about Lydia. I must have missed the reason for that.

Daryl also cares a lot about Carol, who doesn't give a shit about him or about anyone at all and never did, except inexplicably that annoying twerp, Henry. Daryl seemed to care for Connie until she fell in a hole or something, but now it seems "Out of sight, out of mind."

Michonne cares only for the 10-year-old, sweet, sweet memories of RickyG. a.k.a. "The Brave Man" and doesn't care about anyone else including her own kids.

Eugene doesn't care about anyone, except for some mysterious female voice on the phone.

Rosita at least seems to care about her kid enough not to abandon him. I guess.

Yumiko(?) seemed to care about Magma, but not enough to prevent her from running off with Eugene on his important mission to find true love's kiss.

Negan, in a stunning turn-around, now cares about everyone, especially young girls. Maybe boys too. I'm not sure.

Since I watch this distracted and only half-listening, I could very well could be wrong about some of this.

On 4/21/2020 at 4:00 PM, 3jt said:

I am so tired of the ever moping Lydia and the look at what a bad ass I am menagerie of new female characters

The fantasy, bad ass, hot, self-insert warrior woman in a low-cut tank top and tight pants is the speciality of teenaged girls who write bad fanfic and of certain men with arrested development .

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 4/23/2020 at 7:08 AM, icemiser69 said:

I don't think the movies have any chance of being successful.  Any movie's success is going to depend upon the popularity of this series, and right now the popularity of the series has dipped badly.  If one movie tanks, there won't be another.  That assumes there ever will be a movie, which I seriously doubt will ever happen.  How much money would they be willing to pour into a movie?   Again, another reason why I doubt any movie will ever happen.

They also have to call back the original actors and pay them a load of cash to do so.  I don't see how.

On 4/23/2020 at 7:08 AM, icemiser69 said:

Right now I consider the rest of that network's programming with the exception of "Better Call Saul", nothing but trash.   "Better Call Saul" doesn't have that many seasons left to run.  Plus, their seasons are only ten episodes long.

If they do a spinoff with Kim, I'm in!  😅

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I really wonder what the hold up is with the final episode. I know Hollywood has basically shut down but what exactly needs to be done with it in post-production, and why is it impossible to do without people needing to stand within six feet of each other? I'm assuming editing and adding CGI can be done by individuals who can go into the editing bay or wherever by themselves. 

• Love 1

Just today, I read about some shows that will continue because they reached the post-production phase. I really don't know much about television production, but I wonder why some shows can go on but TWD couldn't finish their last show? 

I'm pretty sure Kirkman is not a cat person. Probably not much of a dog person either, but at least he's heard that it's okay for men to like dogs. By contrast, he seems like the type to believe that all cat people are witches, frigid librarians, or old gay playhouse directors. 

Shiva doesn't count. Shiva acted more like a dog than a tiger.

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

^^^ 😂🤣

Come now - would YOU have your swaggering, blustering, macho, dick-bragging, studly, alter-ego, self-insert cuddling a fluffy kitteh? You'd lose all your cred.

WHAT cred!?!?  🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 2
On 4/5/2020 at 7:20 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Show? How dare you give us compassionate, avuncular Negan? Do you think we forgot what he did to the last young girl in his control? What makes Lydia so special that he won't use the same manipulation and coercion with her? Watching her hugging him made me queasy, because we know that to him women and girls are just prey, just things to be used, bartered and traded. 🤢

This is not the same Negan. I'm not saying he's changed; I'm saying the writers are basically writing a different character now.  So you have to take this Negan on those terms. It's not redemption, it's reinvention.  Which is BS, but that is what's going on.

On 4/5/2020 at 10:37 PM, mxc90 said:

If the horse stepped on a mine, no one heard the explosion earlier to question what's going on? 

If a horse steps on a mine, and there's no one around to hear it explode, does it still make a mess?

I could have done without every minute of this episode. Just awful. I had to double-speed through a lot of it.

I've never taken as much of an instant dislike to a character as I have to the street rat "Princess".  A moron like that would have been zombie chow by season 2.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, wrlord said:

I've never taken as much of an instant dislike to a character as I have to the street rat "Princess".

And here I thought Negan was a cartoon. His character takes on an air of historical reality compared to this caricature.

• LOL 1

The concept of horseradish is easily tainted. When I was little, my sister and I misheard it as "horserash," and, even when we were corrected, the imagery stuck. So I was well into my teens before I actually found out how awesome the stuff is. Land mines well spent, in my opinion. Bearing in mind that once any horse meets the protagonists it's doomed anyway.

11 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

I think it becomes Horsey Sauce.

Well, damn. I used to love Arby's roast beef sammiches with Horsey Sauce. I guess it's just as well that restaurant went the way of the dodo bird. 😕

32 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

Bearing in mind that once any horse animal meets the protagonists it's doomed anyway.*

*Edited for accuracy.

On 10/9/2020 at 2:37 AM, wrlord said:

This is not the same Negan. I'm not saying he's changed; I'm saying the writers are basically writing a different character now.  So you have to take this Negan on those terms. It's not redemption, it's reinvention.  Which is BS, but that is what's going on.

100% correct.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Well, damn. I used to love Arby's roast beef sammiches with Horsey Sauce. I guess it's just as well that restaurant went the way of the dodo bird. 😕

What you talking about?  There’s an Arby’s within two miles of my house.  It’s the only drive-thru in my town open after 9pm.

And they still have the Horsey Sauce.

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

What you talking about?  There’s an Arby’s within two miles of my house.  It’s the only drive-thru in my town open after 9pm.

And they still have the Horsey Sauce.

There are none in my neck of the woods. There are still some Arby's in Canada, but those left are slated to close. 😟

I'm thankful we still have Subway.

On 4/9/2020 at 12:47 PM, Iguessnot said:

The furnace blew at Kingdom and it was abandoned during the snowstorm. Alexandria got firebombed to hell but somehow it remained intact for the purpose of the show. They mention Oceanside every once in a while, but I don't recall seeing it for a long time. 

Kingdom had to be abandoned because the furnace wasn't working, yet Oceanside only had a few cabins yet they are sustainable. 

You all know I loved the Kingdom, cheesiness and all, hell, I especially loved its cheesiness, but even as someone who has more swords in his living room than he has dishes in his kitchen, I find it amusing that the medieval cosplayer town gave up immediately when their furnace broke.

And Arby's is still a thing in Ohio. Probably because the southern part of the state still has so many illegal pot farmers, and, well, when a horse wanders onto one of their landmines, they've got to do something with the evidence. Perhaps the company's decision to add horseradish was an afterthought, and they named it because it was sauce for the horse meat that they were selling.

Not that I mind eating there. Best meal I ever had was at Arby's. A lazy eighteen year hipster suckup became manager of a company that I was working at, because everyone else was busy actually working, and then he immediately began purging the place of anyone who'd ever thought he was a little bitch, which was everyone, even bitches a head shorter than him. So everyone moved on forward with their lives, or at least so I thought. Until about ten years later, when I wandered into an Arby's and listened to him pretend that he was running the whole district, while the obvious actual manager kept loudly interrupting the conversation while reminding him to mop. And he just kept trying to talk to me like we had always been great friends, because he was just hoping that my blue collar peasant brain wouldn't remember, and maybe I could get him a better job to backstab me at... and while he did it, that little bitch made the most satisfying beef and cheddar that I have eaten in my entire life. Even if it was horse shrapnel.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • LOL 3
14 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

listened to him pretend that he was running the whole district, while the obvious actual manager kept loudly interrupting the conversation while reminding him to mop.

😆This is how it should be with Negan.  While he's blustering and bragging about his dick, someone will remind him to shut up and keep mopping.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Spoilered in editing because I just realized it refers something that doesn't happen until a later episode:

Please let it be

Spoiler

Maggie

. And please let 

Spoiler
Spoiler

her

Spoiler

be tapping him a bit with Lucille for emphasis.

And then please let him get a zombie-gut infection that gives him lockjaw.

Although I would also settle for the ghost of Alpha's head haunting and taunting him.

Or FPP and/or Rosita just giving absolutely no fucks and smacking him around a bit.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • LOL 1
21 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

Spoilered in editing because I just realized it refers something that doesn't happen until a later episode:

Please let it be

Reveal spoiler

Maggie

. And please let 

Reveal spoiler
  Reveal spoiler

her

Reveal spoiler

be tapping him a bit with Lucille for emphasis.

And then please let him get a zombie-gut infection that gives him lockjaw.

Although I would also settle for the ghost of Alpha's head haunting and taunting him.

Or FPP and/or Rosita just giving absolutely no fucks and smacking him around a bit.

I vote for Alpha's ghost head taunting him and torturing him with her horrific accent.

If anyone starts smacking him around or making him mop we'll get the sad violins as TPTB try to manipulate us into feeling sorry for "Why is everybody always picking on me?" Charlie Brown/Negan.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

If anyone starts smacking him around or making him mop we'll get the sad violins as TPTB try to manipulate us into feeling sorry for "Why is everybody always picking on me?" Charlie Brown/Negan who would absolutely never under any circumstances rape anyone or harm a child.

Fixed that typo for you.

• LOL 1