Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Adam’s new haircut looks stupid. Kyle’s hair always looks stupid. Do these men ever look in a mirror? And Tara Locke? What the hell was that hairdon’t?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Angeleyes said:

You would think that Noah would probably be a match for Faith. I’m assuming that Sharon was a match but as she mentioned her cancer issues rule her out as a donor. Noah should have at least been mentioned before Adam. I’m assuming Adam got his rare blood type from Hope since he did not get it from Victor? 

A child’s blood type is a combination of the parents blood type. I’m betting Faith is RH negative to have a rare blood type. It possible but unlikely that two RH positive parents have a RH negative child.   So it doesn’t really matter from who Faith or Adam got the same rare blood type.  What matters out of all the possibilities of Faith’s relatives Adam is the match. Will wonders never cease. Just like Summer, a non relative, was a match for Lola’s liver transplant. It’s all about the story “baby”, which is the redemption of Adam.  When push comes to shove, Adam steps up to the plate in dire situations. 

• Useful 6
On 4/27/2021 at 11:46 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Hear tell Spaghetti-O's and spite go well with a nice Chianti. UO I guess but I sorta like Lily and Billy as a couple. He's problematic but Lily calls him out on it and he accepts her judgment. I just wish Lily would tell Victoria to fcuk right off, for once and for all. Don't be coy, Lily; use all your words.

It's the only reason I'd love them to re-do Delia's hit and run. Make it Kelly with Prick thinking it was Drunki. Not because I care about Adam - I just want to see Billy and Clo's heads explode. Delia can ghost Billy and remind him it's his damn fault she's dead....again.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
5 hours ago, boes said:

Well!  That was a shocking episode, wasn't it? 

I had to take a Silkwood Shower to scour away the gratuitous Sexxxy Times scenes. 

Not knowing what convinced Hillary 2.0 to bump uglies with Darvon again is fine by me. Darvon is blind to her hubris as long as she is fucking him. I don't want to hear another justification for making bad decisions. She's an idiot for being manipulated and used by Sutton and her weak-willed mother. The top of her class and worst lawyer in Genoa City rides again. 

Kyle/Dumber rutting is an exercise in futility. There's no passion, and celebrating themselves while Faith and family are in a health crisis is distasteful.

I mean, who ever seriously thought that the Newmans would have to go to anyone other than the Abbotts to harvest replacement organs?   Now they're turning on their own.  Finally.  A little cannibalism will do that family good.

It's a welcome change, and high time the Newman's started retro-fitting parts from each other.

So Nick is going to knock Adam down and drag him back himself? 

By Bobblehead Atonal's spiky Baby's First Haircut™ (Hat Tip to JNavarro).

He does realize that Adam doesn't have to give up any body parts if he doesn't want to, doesn't he?   I mean, he's not an Abbott and Nick can't just rip one out and hand it over to Dr. Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate for immediate implantation.   I sorta hope Adam does donate - this could be just like Alien Autopsy!

Nick doesn't need consent when he has Newman Carte Blanche to do whatever is necessary to convince with his fists or his wits (such as they are) Atonal into handing over a kidney. Maybe Nick will barter Sharon for an Atonal kidney; she'll be all in for that.

Anyone remember that wonderful old song, "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me", released in 1968?  There's a memorable rendition with Diana Ross and the Supremes joined by the Temptations that's pretty spectacular.

Adam is not gonna make me love him.

MMAdam burning Ashley/Victor's miscarried fetus in the ranch fireplace was enough for me. In the real world or Soapland, a character cannot be whitewashed of that heinous criminality. All recast versions of Adam have been pulling crap like that, blaming others for his behavior.

There's no redemption for Atonal Adam. Too many bodies. Too many schemes to undermine his family. Too many opportunities wasted to change his sociopathic mission creep in destroying all things Newman, including himself.

The Adam Redemption Train may be chug-chugging along, seemingly unstoppable, but I'm afraid Redemption Depot is forever closed to him just as it is for Victor.  Victor punched his ticket when he kidnapped Jack and replaced him with the psycho who subjected Phyllis to rape for months on end and Adam got the same discount when he did all those despicable things with Faith and Sharon and Ashley.  He can pee holy water and it won't change a thing. 

PREACH!

The one I feel sorry for is poor Sharon.  

You'll have to get in line. Bring your own oxygen, because she's sucking all the air out of the hospital. Sharon is boo hooing as much for herself as for her 'little girl.' 

Forced to publicly admit she's been lying to everyone about her contacts with Atonal, giving credence to Rey Rey's reasons for leaving her. Boo fucking hoo indeed.

Between thanking Dr. Nate and then Adam she's going to exhausted.  Rey Rey who?

It's been Rey Rey Who? since he showed up in Genoa City.

Sharon cannot be without a man to betray.

Imani is pretty awful, isn't she?  I like her.  I would have liked to see her go up against Hilary - then we'd see how tough she really is.  I think everything she said is most likely true though I doubt her motivations are anything but selfish.  I think the temporary recast has been doing a fine job.  I' don't watch B&B so I haven't seen her before.  I would have liked seeing MM do these scenes today though.

Imani's no prize, but she knows her family's a snake pit and understands their motivations far better than Hillary 2.0 ever will.

Hillz is living in hope that her service to Sutton (she's curious why her father died, but that's not her purpose in defending Sutton) will lead to the childhood desire for the family she never had. Imani is trying to protect her mother from further emotional damage being manipulated by Sutton and Hillary 2.0's eventual disappointment and anger when she's dropped like a hot rock.

Will she undermine Sutton's defense if she finds out he was behind her father's death? With her vacillating moral center, possibly. What if Neil Winters was involved in the bribery scheme? That will put sand in the lube for Hillary 2.0 and Darvon.

There's something so creepy about Vyle and Dummer doing...whatever it was they did..... Every time Show tries to do sexy time with those two I feel like I'm eavesdropping on some unsavory Hobbit happenings.  With play dough.....

They are revolting. 

It will be a marriage of equals. 

I'm looking forward to the day when Jack finds out Locke-ness Jr. is possibly his grandson (not that Jack has any interest in Keemo or his children).

I'll miss Tara Locke until she shows up in Genoa City again in - how long do you think? - a week? 10 days?

That long?

I expect Kyle will be mooning over the picture Tara gave him, and he'll start calling her wanting more information and contact with Locke-ness Jr. He can't help himself, though he has no proof that he's the father.

So should Harrison.

Being so young, he will have no say about how he will be used by the adults who say they love him and care about his welfare. 

Not knowing who Locke-ness Jr's bio dad happens to be, makes the eventual tug of war over him frustrating.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 4/28/2021 at 1:54 PM, Cupid Stunt said:

And Nate Natey Nate Nate could have respected common social etiquette, respected her relationship with Darvon, and kept his penis out of her toaster slot. He should be wearing the Betrayal Hair Shirt, and yet Nate Natey Nate Nate seems to have skated on the repercussions for their gurney boink.

Losing your ability to be a surgeon is a major repercussion  I think.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, drtslim said:

Lola has definitely been a chem magnet.  I think that she's had chemistry with everyone that they've tested her with (Kyle, Theo, Fen, Nate).

I think that Elena needs to be retooled before she gets a new love interest because at this point, I don't trust her feelings for anyone.

I mostly agree about AH's Victoria.  Of all of the guys that I've seen her paired with I've only seen real chemistry with Billy Miller's Billy, JT, and Travis (who I think should be brought back for her).

After one scene together about a year ago, I felt Lola also had chemistry with Noah.  I never felt much of anything between Kyle and Lola although I realize I’m in the minority with that opinion.  

Billy Miller’s Billy and Victoria were the best.  Loved watching those two.

• Love 7

Faith was born in 2009 and Moses in 2011. So technically Faith is about 2 years older than Moses. As of today, they are both 16. 

This got me wondering about other character’s aging process. According to what I read, Summer’s and Abby’s age was accelerated but there is nothing said about Adam. I believe that the three of them are about the same age in their late 20’s as is Mariah but Abby could be in her early 30’s. Since Adam and Mariah where introduced well after their real birth dates, no age acceleration was required.  Where there other age accelerations with other now adult characters?  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I never felt much of anything between Kyle and Lola although I realize I’m in the minority with that opinion.

I never saw any spark there but he was more bearable when he was with her. Some how she was able to coax something resembling a sense of humor out of him.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

What if Neil Winters was involved in the bribery scheme? That will put sand in the lube for Hillary 2.0 and Darvon.

Thought of that, too.  Bet anything Neil was involved somehow.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, car8857 said:

Losing your ability to be a surgeon is a major repercussion  I think.

Point taken, but he was a limited character as a surgeon, and seems to have moved on handily (no joke intended). Dr. Nate Natey Nate Nate is being inserted in any and all medical stories, plus his female problem SLs drag on interminably. 

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 3

I think I read, somewhere, that the actress who plays Tara was signed to a long term contract and taken off recurring status.  (...and the actor who plays Ashton was not.).  Is that true?  I hope not.  She has to be one of the most boring, understated, dowdy, and nonessential characters on this show.  There’s absolutely no ooompf to her.  Also, she looks too old for Kyle, in general.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, tinderbox said:

I think I read, somewhere, that the actress who plays Tara was signed to a long term contract and taken off recurring status.  (...and the actor who plays Ashton was not.).  Is that true?  I hope not.  She has to be one of the most boring, understated, dowdy, and nonessential characters on this show.  There’s absolutely no ooompf to her.  Also, she looks too old for Kyle, in general.  

Hell, she looks too old for Jack.

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, tinderbox said:  Also, she looks too old for Kyle, in general.  

That’s the point of Kyle of Kyle’s affair. He’s having sex with an older married woman. It’s not a relationship it’s an affair. I thought Tara would be at least 10 years older than Kyle but their age difference is probably closer to 5 years. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Since Adam and Mariah where introduced well after their real birth dates, no age acceleration was required.  Where there other age accelerations with other now adult characters?  

Mariah may be the only character on the show playing her real age.

Both mop and Banana Breath were SORASed. I remember when they were little blond children. I think I'm feeling inspired to make a "birth age" list...

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

Mariah may be the only character on the show playing her real age.

Both mop and Banana Breath were SORASed. I remember when they were little blond children. I think I'm feeling inspired to make a "birth age" list...

Do it! That would be awesome.

• Love 5

Okay, so I looked up the birthdays for characters that were born during the show or we met as young children and have been recast or we know their parents. I've listed them by first name, when they were born, and how old they are (or would be, for the deceased) in 2021.

Abby - November 13, 2000 - 20/21

Adam - April 24, 1995 - 25/26

Ana - age 12 in 2008 - 25

Billy - July 4, 1993 - 27/28

Cassie and Mariah - January 8, 1991 - 29/30 (Yes, Mariah is older than Adam)

Chance - 1988 - 33

Charlie and Mattie - June 25, 2010 - 10/11

Chloe - July 30, 1990 - 30/31

Coleen - 1992 - would be 29

Daniel - August 17, 1994 - 26/27

Delia - February 14, 2009 - would be 11/12

Faith - September 30, 2009 - 11/12

Fenmore - October 13, 2006 - 14/15

Heather - 1979 - 42

Keemo - Viet Nam war (1955—1975) - 66-46

Kyle - January 8, 2001 - 19/20

Lily - 1995 - 26

Nate - 1992 - 29

Nick - December 31, 1988 - 32/33 for a day

Noah - March 3, 1997 - 23/24

Little Phillip - December 25, 1976 - 44/45

Reed - November 29, 2007 - 13/14

Ricky - May 10, 2002 - would be 18/19

Ronan - August 12, 1986 - 34/35

Scotty - 1991 - 30

Summer - Dec 18, 2006 - 14/15

Victoria - November 17, 1982 - 38/39

• Useful 3
  • Love 13

I think Keemo would have to be  closer to the end of that range because Jack is in his 60s.

I didn't realize how young Abby should be. Wow. She's actually younger than Adam.

• Love 3

Isn't it sweet that Philip was born in 1976 and then his bouncing baby boy Chance was born in 1988 when he was only 12?

Show and Tell at Walnut Grove that year must have been a blast!

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, tinderbox said:

After one scene together about a year ago, I felt Lola also had chemistry with Noah.  I never felt much of anything between Kyle and Lola although I realize I’m in the minority with that opinion.  

I don't recall scenes between Noah and Lola; but from seeing them separately, I actually think that they would probably be a great couple and be compatible (at least on paper).

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Okay, so I looked up the birthdays for characters that were born during the show or we met as young children and have been recast or we know their parents. I've listed them by first name, when they were born, and how old they are (or would be, for the deceased) in 2021.

Abby - November 13, 2000 - 20/21

Adam - April 24, 1995 - 25/26

Ana - age 12 in 2008 - 25

Billy - July 4, 1993 - 27/28

Cassie and Mariah - January 8, 1991 - 29/30 (Yes, Mariah is older than Adam)

Chance - 1988 - 33

Charlie and Mattie - June 25, 2010 - 10/11

Chloe - July 30, 1990 - 30/31

Coleen - 1992 - would be 29

Daniel - August 17, 1994 - 26/27

Delia - February 14, 2009 - would be 11/12

Faith - September 30, 2009 - 11/12

Fenmore - October 13, 2006 - 14/15

Heather - 1979 - 42

Kyle - January 8, 2001 - 19/20

Lily - 1995 - 26

Nate - 1992 - 29

Nick - December 31, 1988 - 32/33 for a day

Noah - March 3, 1997 - 23/24

Little Phillip - December 25, 1976 - 44/45

Reed - November 29, 2007 - 13/14

Ricky - May 10, 2002 - would be 18/19

Ronan - August 12, 1986 - 34/35

Scotty - 1991 - 30

Summer - Dec 18, 2006 - 14/15

Victoria - November 17, 1982 - 38/39

Thanks Sweetpea, your hard work is greatly appreciated.  

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Kimboweena said:

Thought of that, too.  Bet anything Neil was involved somehow.

Under normal circumstances, you'd be right on the nose. Unfortunately, the loss of the actor was so tragic, that we'll likely only hear Neil referred to in saintly terms for the rest of time.

16 hours ago, tinderbox said:

Anyone who can handle Summer the way she does is welcome on my screen anytime!

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, TVForever said:

Under normal circumstances, you'd be right on the nose. Unfortunately, the loss of the actor was so tragic, that we'll likely only hear Neil referred to in saintly terms for the rest of time.

Anyone who can handle Summer the way she does is welcome on my screen anytime!

Mariah and Tessa can put Summer in her place with sarcastic humor. Sally tries but Summer thinks Sally is dog shit on her shoes. I get the feeling that Summer is afraid of Tara knowing that she can loose Kyle to Tara with the snap of her fingers and turn her back into Daisy Duck. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

That’s the point of Kyle of Kyle’s affair. He’s having sex with an older married woman. It’s not a relationship it’s an affair. I thought Tara would be at least 10 years older than Kyle but their age difference is probably closer to 5 years. 

You’re absolutely right.  Thank you. I have no idea why my mind didn’t go in that direction.

• Love 6

Color me confused. Last episode Nick was going to go to Kansas to find Adam. I  turned on today's episode one minute into the show and Nick was already standing there face to face with Adam. I guess a whole lot happened in that minute I missed. Okay, so I guess Nick has 25th century futuristic technology and teleported there to exactly where Adam was standing even though no one even knew for sure he was even in Kansas, the only clue was that Adam felt like he was home but he wasn't.

So okay, whatever, but then Adam tells Nick they're in a bomb shelter twenty thousand leagues beneath the sea with no cell reception - but there are windows and you can see the bushes shaking and being blown by the wind because of course there's now a storm a brewin' Auntie Em. Since when did glass windows block cell reception? I can't even make up an excuse for that one.

Does anyone else think that Chance's thoughtful gifts were just a bunch of over-priced tchotchkes he picked-up in an airport while killing time between connecting flights? Wait, there's something else in the box, Abby - it's a plastic fork, because on your honeymoon you ate food. How thoughtful!

• LOL 17
  • Love 6

I’m being very shallow here but Abby has been looking very very good lately. She’s glowing like the one who’s pregnant plus her face has filled out and not so gaunt. Mariah’s hair is absolutely beautiful. 

Adam is right, Sharon should have been the one to lure Adam back to GC. Banana Breath is too confrontational to be believed.  Banana Breath really thinks that threats will work on Adam.  Sorry to tell you Banana Breath but kidney failure is not a life or death situation when there is dialysis available.  Banana Breath, you dumb ass Neanderthal, planes don’t fly in storms even Victor’s jet. If there are tornadoes in the area, than the  jet would already have moved not to risk being damaged. 

If Chance is on an undercover assignment, when did have time to go shopping let alone send a package. Beside, that picture of the moon and “The Milky Way is totally fake. With a moon that bright, it’s hard to see any stars let alone “The Milky Way”. Plus the moon, beach, and palm trees cannot all be in-focus in the same picture. Ambient light is also a major problem in star gazing. 

TIIC, are leaving out the fact that the problem, that’s causing Faiths kidney failure, has to be cured first because the same problem will still exist with the new kidney.  Now are we to believe that the infection was cured and kidney failure is eminent.  Another thing TIIC are leaving out is the fact that kidneys can come back to normal after a few months of dialysis since dialysis takes the burden off their function of filtering your blood. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 7

Another thing TIIC are leaving out is the fact that kidneys can come back to normal after a few months of dialysis since dialysis takes the burden off their function of filtering your blood. 

I did not know this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

How the mighty have fallen. Adam went from living in a de-luxe apartment in the sky to a dank basement, from champagne and caviar to debating which cans of stored food won't give him botulism. 😏

Seriously, Sharon? You're having a wet dream about Adam right next to your ailing daughter's bed? For shame!

I'm thinking Nina might be doing too much. Why did she tote that gigantic box over to Society? Couldn't she have sent Abby a text telling her a package had been delivered from Chance?

Nice scene between Devon and Jack. Quite a charm fest.

This must be Abby and Chance's song now:

Why do I get the feeling Chance is gonna reappear soon? Only he'll look kind of different and (hopefully) won't have an inexplicable cowboy twang. 😼

It might've been better not to tell Faith that Adam was her likely kidney donor. At least not before the surgery.

Is it wrong I kept waiting for Nick to knock Adam the eff out and drag his butt back to GC? Sorry not sorry. Why negotiate with the family terrorist?

What about Connor? Did anyone check his blood type? Or is he too young to be giving up a body part?

Jack cosigned onto the surrogacy from hell. KMN. I'm gonna need somebody to track down Harmony and Tucker. Surely they wouldn't be gungho about handing over their first grandchild to the Newman/Abbott/Chancellors. Especially not Harmony.

It'll be funny if, when Nick and Adam get out of the cellar, everything is sepia-toned. 😉

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
(edited)

Okay, so I guess Nick has 25th century futuristic technology and teleported there to exactly where Adam was standing even though no one even knew for sure he was even in Kansas, the only clue was that Adam felt like he was home but he wasn't.

Nick doesn't exactly have futuristic technology as much as he used his usual mode of transporation by blowing it out his ass and PRESTO! he lands right in Kansas AND in front of Adam's hidey hole.   The only thing lacking in that blow off between those two blowhards was Nick telling Adam 

“If you don't hand over that kidney, I'll bring a damage suit that'll take your whole farm!"

By the way, I think Adam could carry off Miss Gulch's outfit with style.  And it would be an improvement over whatever sweater and teeshirt combo he's wearing today.  Even hulking around in the basement he just can't bear to let his arms touch his sides or his legs to rub together.  Does he use nitroglycerin as a deodorant?  Bedbugs?  MG's acting tics fascinate so much more than Adam himself.  Maybe it's chafing.....heat rash?

Talcum powder!  That'll help.  And just think of the weight he'll lose when he ditches that kidney.  

I know those basement scenes were supposed to be dramatic but watching Nick and Adam try to match wits is like watching two buffoons play horse shoes with water balloons.  

Tornado?  No stinkin' tornado is gonna get in Nick Newman's way!  Besides, "tornado" is a three syllable word, one more than ol' Nick here can handle.  

Could he AT LEAST let Adam finish up his meal of canned wax beans and French's Fried Onions before they go?

I don't know if Show will ever back track and answer this question, but Adam said he was in a place where he could learn about himself - it's a dank basement in Kansas - what's he trying to learn?  

Gosh, what a surprise that Elena, saintly pursed lips and sad eyes was the one to deliver the bad news about Faith to Sharon.  I think it's probably one of her favorite perks of the job, making other people miserable.  The only thing that gives her more pleasure is sipping coffee at Crimson Lights while so lost in virtue signalling that she can't hear Devon basically shouting in her ear.  Guess that's what happens to someone like Elena who is just so giving.  

I'm glad Devon acknowledged that since he's gotten the benefit of Elena's giving nature more than once.  One tiny question though, Elena - if you're working around the clock and to the bone how come you're having coffee at Crimson Lights and not the hospital cafeteria?  Stuff like that could set back your canonization a bit.

What an ending to today's episode!

Will the tornado spare Adam's kidney?  Will the force of the storm force his thighs to touch?  Will Nick suffer a brain injury which of course wouldn't affect one single thing about him?  Or will a house fall on them both?

Or is this really the start of SHARKNADO! week in Genoa City?

giphy.gif

"I"ll take that kidney, Shark!"

Adam really saves the day.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 20
(edited)
15 minutes ago, JNavarro said:

Abby with some serious Taylor Swift cosplay vibes today.  

No I think it’s the other way around. TS tried but she can never be as shapely as MO plus I do not thing TS is as pretty as MO. TS tries to channel her inner MO.  

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 2
(edited)
19 hours ago, boes said:

Nick doesn't exactly have futuristic technology as much as he used his usual mode of transporation by blowing it out his ass and PRESTO! he lands right in Kansas AND in front of Adam's hidey hole.   The only thing lacking in that blow off between those two blowhards was Nick telling Adam 

TIIC have stopped writing a linear plot and script.

A methane explodium would have been a dramatic crescendo once those two meatheads met among the cobwebs.

"If you don't hand over that kidney, I'll bring a damage suit that'll take your whole farm!"

When Nick spouts threats at Atonal 'because My Family/my little girl/my company/Sharon/ol'Hammertoes/the weather' I sit in wonder at his level of cognitive dissonance, without the gears and springs exploding out of his brain box.

I live in hope.

By the way, I think Adam could carry off Miss Gulch's outfit with style.  And it would be an improvement over whatever sweater and teeshirt combo he's wearing today.  Even hulking around in the basement he just can't bear to let his arms touch his sides or his legs to rub together.  Does he use nitroglycerin as a deodorant?  Bedbugs?  MG's acting tics fascinate so much more than Adam himself.  Maybe it's chafing.....heat rash?

Talcum powder!  That'll help.  And just think of the weight he'll lose when he ditches that kidney. 

Atonal reminds me of Australia's frilled lizards.

When threatened, he unfurls his neck ruff to appear larger and more intimidating. Then he hisses and feints and runs away where you can find him.

Appearing more threatening, magical thinking and running away is the easy way out his heinous past for Atonal Adam

I know those basement scenes were supposed to be dramatic but watching Nick and Adam try to match wits is like watching two buffoons play horse shoes with water balloons.  

Tornado?  No stinkin' tornado is gonna get in Nick Newman's way!  Besides, "tornado" is a three syllable word, one more than ol' Nick here can handle. 

A battle of wits with Dumb and Dumbest ... Dumber stayed in Genoa City to boink Kyle in Jabot's elevator.

Watching Nick attempt to open the basement door, howling it was stuck, I shouted at the TV, "Break the basement window and crawl out, Pinhead!"

Goddess Kali, help me!

Could he AT LEAST let Adam finish up his meal of canned wax beans and French's Fried Onions before they go?

I don't know if Show will ever back track and answer this question, but Adam said he was in a place where he could learn about himself - it's a dank basement in Kansas - what's he trying to learn?  

How many redemption cycles does the Adam Newman character have to go through before it sticks? Infinity³ ?

He won't admit he's an incompetent businessman and villain, a general fuck up with all relationships, a murderer several times over, love/hates his father who's wants to hand him the keys to the Newman Kingdom, hate/hates the rest of the Newman clan and the feelz are mutual, manipulates and uses everyone, lies like he breaths, has no charm, acts in immature haste and must be dragged into regretting his behavior, no time for either of his sons welfare, ignores all social graces and treats everyone like serfs, can snap his fingers and Sharon will hook her heels behind her ears.

Everything is going his way, and the first defensive noise out of his mouth will be that he already knows everything he needs to know about himself, and being hated is his super power, and everyone must heel to his will.

Like father, like son. Blood with tell.

Gosh, what a surprise that Elena, saintly pursed lips and sad eyes was the one to deliver the bad news about Faith to Sharon.  I think it's probably one of her favorite perks of the job, making other people miserable.  The only thing that gives her more pleasure is sipping coffee at Crimson Lights while so lost in virtue signalling that she can't hear Devon basically shouting in her ear.  Guess that's what happens to someone like Elena who is just so giving.  

<wince>

TIIC have written Elena as Y&Rs Jonah. She throws a pall over every scene she's in and is a font of bad news.

It's ridiculous how Elena, Darvon, Hillary 2.0, Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate are being written insisting on 'being friends.' In what world does that ever work out, without one the four ending up jealous and upset the others are moving on with their lives, while not pining over being rejected?

I'm glad Devon acknowledged that since he's gotten the benefit of Elena's giving nature more than once.  One tiny question though, Elena - if you're working around the clock and to the bone how come you're having coffee at Crimson Lights and not the hospital cafeteria?  Stuff like that could set back your canonization a bit.

No money in the production budget for a cafeteria when TIIC are hosting a Come To Jesus Meeting for Atonal in a Kansas basement during tornado, plus all the coffee-related drama happens at Crimson Lights

What an ending to today's episode!

Will the tornado spare Adam's kidney?  Will the force of the storm force his thighs to touch?  Will Nick suffer a brain injury which of course wouldn't affect one single thing about him?  Or will a house fall on them both?

Or is this really the start of SHARKNADO! week in Genoa City?

giphy.gif

"I"ll take that kidney, Shark!"

I thought every week was SHARKNADO! Week in Genoa City.

Adam really saves the day.

He just been handed Sharon, freedom, gifted a media outlet and blanket redemption for his kidney.

It's a banner JUMP THE SHARKNADO! Week for Atonal Adam.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

Is Sharon that stupid to tell Rey about Adam as being Faith’s donor?  Speaking of Faith, why haven’t they started dialysis?  Kidney failure is what is life threatening.  The longer they wait, the longer toxins build up in Faiths body.  Moses and Faith are starting to grow on me. Fast forward to Faith being cured, graduates HS and Moses becomes Doogie Houser all by the end of the summer.  Also by the end of the year, Faith and Moses turn 21 and have a very expensive wedding at Society. 

Olive Oyl, the vindictive hypocritical bitch.  Knowing her she would do the same thing she’s accusing Adam of doing to gain an advantage.  Olive is the Queen of trying to obtaining the upper hand.  

Wow, three resurrections in the same day!  Nostrils can actually be altruistic, the lightbulb went off in Rey’s head and entertains the idea that Adam actually could be innocent, and Adam actually gives a damn  of what people think of him and wants a do over. 

Now we have Banana Breath and Adam out of the frying pan and into the fire.  This is the second ceiling to fall on Banana Breath. The first was at the Underground years ago. Maybe god is trying to tell Banana Breath he’s not a BMOC and just a flea that can be crushed for his very bad acting ability. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Cupid Stunt said:

When threatened, he unfurls his neck ruff to appear larger and more intimidating. Then he hisses and feints and runs away where you can find him.

How many redemption cycles does the Adam Newman character have to go through before it sticks? Infinity³ ?

He won't admit he's an incompetent businessman and villain, a general fuck up with all relationships, a murderer several times over, love/hates his father who's wants to hand him the keys to the Newman Kingdom, hate/hates the rest of the Newman clan and the feelz are mutual, manipulates and uses everyone, lies like he breaths, has no charm, acts in immature haste and must be dragged into regretting his behavior, no time for either of his sons welfare, ignores all social graces and treats everyone like serfs, can snap his fingers and Sharon will hook her heels behind her ears.

Everything is going his way, and the first defensive noise out of his mouth will be that he already knows everything he needs to know about himself, and being hated is his super power, and everyone must heel to his will.

It's a banner JUMP THE SHARKNADO! Week for Atonal Adam.

During the fugue state in which I watch show, I've developed a theory about the Adam character--hold on, now:

Every time the character is recast, all his previous sins and misdemeanors recede behind the shite that is his continuing personality.

That's all the sense I can make of the Newton's Balls that is Adam and Sharon.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

Billy really needs to let go of his obsession with Adam. I doubt ChancComm was meant to be All Adam All the Time. Jill needs to come collect her boy because at this point Lily is almost too compromised to keep Billy in line anymore.

Victoria's top. Yikes. Did she get part of it caught in the car door? 😼

Why do people sit in the middle of Society and discuss their private business so other people can overhear what they say? They might as well put it all on social media so the whole world can know.

OMG, Nick, if you're not going to do it, I'll fly to KS myself and knock Adam the eff out. He really needs to stop talking. I think his existence is annoying enough without the running commentary on how nobody likes him, everybody hates him, he's gonna eat some worms. 😑

Rey, chile please. You might as well have "ulterior motives" tattooed on your forehead. Of course you'd try to work Sharon to find out where Adam is. Gee, maybe instead you could do some detective work and find out what flight plan the Newman jet filed.

I predict that when Faith gets through the transplant ordeal, she's going to be Moses' date to the Walnut Grove junior prom. And she'll be crowned Prom Queen. Bullies say what? 👸

Adam, is this the magic pill you're looking for?:

aUP8WDc.jpg

Perhaps you could wash it down with this:

oZeBvzQ.jpg

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

And again we see writers screwing up reality.  Faith is supposedly in ICU, and when there you will not see people coming and going in and out of the unit.  Not even Moses would be allowed in.  And, flowers aren’t allowed into a room.  And why don’t we see any nursing staff?  Maybe they can borrow the floating green dress employee from the Grand Phoenix, put her in scrubs, and at least have her stand outside the room or adjusting her drip.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

So numnuts Dickolas thinks using a metal crowbar on rusty metal.window grates while it's, oh I don't know, LIGHTENING OUTSIDE, is a smart thing to do. These schmucks...

Also, does Billy have his own fucking office or does he just wander the halls, stopping in Lily's office every 5 minutes?

And Faith...I mean, can't she get.on dialysis UNTIL she gets a transplant, FFS!?!

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
27 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Also, does Billy have his own fucking office or does he just wander the halls, stopping in Lily's office every 5 minutes?

I think ButtBiscuit stops in Lily's office so often because he really like peeing in the corner behind the couch.

Perks!

57 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

And again we see writers screwing up reality.  Faith is supposedly in ICU, and when there you will not see people coming and going in and out of the unit.  Not even Moses would be allowed in.  And, flowers aren’t allowed into a room.  And why don’t we see any nursing staff?

I think this is Intensive Care Genoa City style.  Each bed comes with a fully stocked drinks cart, a cheese wheel and every doctor's order is followed by "Yougotthat" or it's not valid.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

And Faith...I mean, can't she get.on dialysis UNTIL she gets a transplant, FFS!?!

You would think that the great doctors, Nate and Elena would put her on dialysis. At the rate Faith is supposedly fading, without dialysis she should be dead within a week.  All I see is O2. Why isn’t Faith monitor and have a mainline to administer saline and antibiotics?   

Edited by Waldo13
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

You would think that the great doctors, Nate and Elena would put her on dialysis. At the rate Faith is supposedly fading, without dialysis she should be dead within a week.  All I see is O2. Why isn’t Faith monitor and have a mainline to administer saline and antibiotics?   

Because GC Memorial Hospital is managed by Wyle E. Coyote, and Road Runner is the Chief of Staff *mmmbeepbeep* 

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Is Sharon that stupid to tell Rey about Adam as being Faith’s donor?  

It would be more stupid to lie about a subject that is being openly discussed by the Newman family.

Perhaps Sharon was too exhausted to lie about a subject widely known and openly discussed by the Newman family. Sharon has publicly admitted that she had been lying about her contacts with Atonal -- There's no point in continuing the ruse. She can play her guaranteed Broken Doll, pitifully telling Rey Rey about Faith's dire prognosis, and Atonal might be a Faith's only chance at a tissue match for a kidney transplant <sniff> and Nick has left to stongarm Atonal back to Genoa City by Baby's First Haircut™ to be an organ donor.

Speaking of Faith, why haven’t they started dialysis?  Kidney failure is what is life threatening.  The longer they wait, the longer toxins build up in Faiths body.  Moses and Faith are starting to grow on me. Fast forward to Faith being cured, graduates HS and Moses becomes Doogie Houser all by the end of the summer.  Also by the end of the year, Faith and Moses turn 21 and have a very expensive wedding at Society. 

I was wondering the same thing, but TIIC can't write and produce believable Crisis SLs, why start now?

The hospital ICU is as busy as rush hour on the 101 -- Anyone can waltz in and visit Faith.

Olive Oyl, the vindictive hypocritical bitch.  Knowing her she would do the same thing she’s accusing Adam of doing to gain an advantage.  Olive is the Queen of trying to obtaining the upper hand.

All the Newman's operate like that; Nick and Abby ceded the field years ago because it did them no good and they would never be the Golden Child chosen to lead Newman Enterprises. Victoria is no different, and on the other hand, many would say that she was smart strategizing against the maneuvers from a well known belligerent antagonist and his powerful supporter (Victor).

Wow, three resurrections in the same day!  Nostrils can actually be altruistic, the lightbulb went off in Rey’s head and entertains the idea that Adam actually could be innocent, and Adam actually gives a damn  of what people think of him and wants a do over. 

NotBilly will veer back into his Truth By Any Means media tirade once the major Faith crisis is averted -- Atonal cannot erase himself from NotBilly's active Hate List.

Rey Rey has had suspicions for a week+ (in our time) with Chelsea turning against Atonal and her miraculous recovery. I expect his grief separating from Sharon because of her lies and betrayals, and this new emergency with Faith (a child he loves) is tearing him apart. TIIC do not write his frustration and disappointment with the failure of his marriage very well, and I think JV is doing the best he can with the dross he's been given.

Adam has been offered the Moon and Stars by Nick to hand over his kidney for Sharon, full immunity and escape -- This is his (and TIIC) way out from under Atonal's belabored history, but handing over a kidney to clean the slate won't cut it for many of the people harmed by Atonal. Chloe will never forget. NotBilly will still want retribution. Victoria will never trust him. Nicki will keep a gimlet eye on him after the last attempted poisonings of Victor and the Newman's. Plenty of people will talk out of both sides of their mouth, watchful of Atonal's next act of treachery. Atonal Adam cannot change because he never does the hard work of true contrition for his behavior. He blames someone else and buries himself in self-pity. He will never lay his pride aside to take responsibility and make genuine amends.

Now we have Banana Breath and Adam out of the frying pan and into the fire.  This is the second ceiling to fall on Banana Breath. The first was at the Underground years ago. Maybe god is trying to tell Banana Breath he’s not a BMOC and just a flea that can be crushed for his very bad acting ability. 

Karma finally dropped a house on both of them.

MzU8.gif

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

All the Newman's operate like that; Nick and Abby ceded the field years ago because it did them no good and they would never be the Golden Child chosen to lead Newman Enterprises. Victoria is no different, and on the other hand, many would say that she was smart strategizing against the maneuvers from a well known belligerent antagonist and his powerful supporter (Victor).

If I had enough interest to pick a side in this latest battle of the yet-to-be-potty-trained, I'd be rooting for Victoria.  Her insanity is more Sunset Boulevard whereas Victor and Adam are deep into Plan 9 From Outer Space territory.  

They're all like a deeply unfunny Addams Family where everyone acts like some version of Lurch.

Besides, Victor has his "I was thrown from a moving car by my FATHER into an orphanage where I had to eat dirt and my only friend was Carrot Top" story and Adam has his "I killed a man when I was only 3" story and poor Vic only has her "I can't find my hairbrush" story.'

Hasn't she suffered enough?

Adam has been offered the Moon and Stars by Nick to hand over his kidney for Sharon, full immunity and escape -- This is his (and TIIC) way out from under Atonal's belabored history, but handing over a kidney to clean the slate won't cut it for many of the people harmed by Atonal. Chloe will never forget. NotBilly will still want retribution. Victoria will never trust him. Nicki will keep a gimlet eye on him after the last attempted poisonings of Victor and the Newman's. Plenty of people will talk out of both sides of their mouth, watchful of Atonal's next act of treachery. Atonal Adam cannot change because he never does the hard work of true contrition for his behavior. He blames someone else and buries himself in self-pity. He will never lay his pride aside to take responsibility and make genuine amends.

Adam can donate his kidney to Faith and his toenails to Nick for his collection but he'll always be the psychotic creep who burnt a fetus in a fireplace, gaslighted (is that the right spelling?) an expectant mother, stole a baby from another and THEN had the audacity to pursue a romance with the same woman.  And that's just his highlight reel.

Plus, he's a bloviating, ponderous and deeply self-involved and self-pitying creep.  It's a wonder he and ButtBiscuit aren't a couple.  They're made for each other.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, boes said:

They're all like a deeply unfunny Addams Family where everyone acts like some version of Lurch.

Surely you can't be including Dick in a Box in this group. He is bringing the funny to these trapped under a building scenes. He's like Uncle Fester with a book of knock-knock jokes.

• LOL 11