Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Well yesterday Rey's balls finally dropped, congrats to him, but what did he expect marrying sharin' Sharon? I've always liked the Sharon character and how SC has played her, but this latest installment of Twu Wub Forevah between Sharon and Adam? NO. I'm so fucking over both the Adam character and this dweeb playing him. I don't give a fuck that SC and him are together in real life, in fact that makes me actively dislike SC because she has shit taste in men both on and off screen. I just dislike the actor as much as his character, and that's saying a lot. I used to loathe Rey but he's been so good to Sharon and now I'm just over this shite.

Also, Faith needs to be shipped back to boarding school, preferably in another country. And her skanky friend's parents need to be told what she's up to as well.

Darvon/HoLarryCurly v2.0/Natey Nate Nate/Curlytop quad is so boring I practically fall asleep watching it. At least she finally came clean, though Nate has no legit reason to be pissed because he did the same thing to Darvon. And Darvon 'flirting' all nervously, just nah on that. I don't care about your 'body art' either dude.

SyPhyllis? Yawn. The only positive there is she can't do her pron hands bullshit because she can't touch Dick.

The rest is so fucking boring I can't even remember it.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Well yesterday Rey's balls finally dropped, congrats to him, but what did he expect marrying sharin' Sharon? I've always liked the Sharon character and how SC has played her, but this latest installment of Twu Wub Forevah between Sharon and Adam? NO. I'm so fucking over both the Adam character and this dweeb playing him. I don't give a fuck that SC and him are together in real life, in fact that makes me actively dislike SC because she has shit taste in men both on and off screen. I just dislike the actor as much as his character, and that's saying a lot. I used to loathe Rey but he's been so good to Sharon and now I'm just over this shite.

Also, Faith needs to be shipped back to boarding school, preferably in another country. And her skanky friend's parents need to be told what she's up to as well.

Darvon/HoLarryCurly v2.0/Natey Nate Nate/Curlytop quad is so boring I practically fall asleep watching it. At least she finally came clean, though Nate has no legit reason to be pissed because he did the same thing to Darvon. And Darvon 'flirting' all nervously, just nah on that. I don't care about your 'body art' either dude.

SyPhyllis? Yawn. The only positive there is she can't do her pron hands bullshit because she can't touch Dick.

The rest is so fucking boring I can't even remember it.

Are you me? I had all of these same thoughts today.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Poor Nate. He walked back into the hotel room like, "Why is this bish still here? FML."

Okay, Naya is a bit of a prima donna apparently. Stay away from me and my family! I'm in town so drop everything to meet with me! Pick a lane, hon.

Are white tights a fad now? Faith wore some today and Hope on B&B has been wearing some for what seems like weeks now. 🙄

Why would Nick drive all the way out to the ranch to take Faith to school? And without checking with Sharon first? He seemed utterly unfazed.

Rey: for your own sake, Adam, you should turn around and walk away.
Adam: why? Aren't you glad to see me, Rey? Sharon sure always is.
Rey: be advised that I can kill you and make it look like an accident. And I'll have a rock-solid alibi on the other side of town.
Adam: Pssht, I'm the king of the world! Eat my dust!

Given how mad Rey was at Sharon you'd think the last place he would've gone is the coffeehouse. He was almost guaranteed to run into her or Adam there.

I think someone as messy as Elena really should learn to stop confessing. She leaves so much misery in her wake. Or, maybe she could just stop being unfaithful to her romantic partners. 😑

Mariah, you're going to need a hammer and chisel to get through Sharon's thick skull. Check the hardware store on your way home.

Man, Nate is too gracious. But he apparently took that old saying to heart: if they cheat with you they'll cheat on you. Sure hope he's been double-wrapping (😏) it with Elena.

Amanda must've taken the whole cold shoulder thing literally because I thought there was a polar vortex camped out over her part of the country. That top she had on didn't look very warm to me. Else, Sharon's heating bills for the coffeehouse must be astronomical.

Oh, Naya. Did you actually expect Amanda to agree to keep being your dirty little secret?

What ever happened to Rey and Sharon's plan to go on a second honeymoon?

Well that was a waste of time, Nick. You're going to need dynamite and TNT to get through Adam's thick wall of entitlement and defensiveness. Maybe some C4 too. 💣

Gosh, hope Faith wasn't driving drunk. Hopefully she only got arrested for shoplifting or something.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

Hi - did the show air today (Weds., 2/17)? My DVR didn't record and I was stuck in meetings. I'm wondering if others' DVRs did the same thing as it seems like our DVRs are weirding out this week. Thanks in advance!

Last week's interruptions seem to have confused my DVR, which deleted Y&R from my lineup so I had to re-enter it to record from today onward.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 5
47 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Last week's interruptions seem to have confused my DVR, which deleted Y&R from my lineup so I had to re-enter it to record from today onward.  

THANK YOU. Mine thinks it's recording, but there are no episodes scheduled for some reason. I cancelled and re-did it, so hopefully it will listen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I think that Nick was at the cottage because Faith asked him.  She did say she had a ride and denied it was Bad Influence Girl.

Damn, but Naya acts totally like Hilary back when she was in Full Bitch Mode.  Amanda is slightly softer.

Rey may not have a right to tell Sharin' what to do with her business life, but if she is going to cuckold him and perhaps bring Atonal Cooties into Rey's bed, he sure does.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

I lost the first 25 minutes do to a DVR malfunction. For some reason it recorded the last 35 minutes. I called my cable network but of course they are clueless. I will have to pick up the beginning on Demand later tonight.  I’m late to the party but I’m still going to comment. 

Elena and Nate:  Elena uses the age old excuse of it’s not you but me.  

Amanda and Naya:  Amanda, you have some nerve berating Naya.  You sought your mom out not the other way around.  You have no leg to stand on demanding a relationship on your own terms.  If a relationship was important to you than you will take what you can get. Millions of teenagers have to give up a child and never think about it the same way millions of teenagers who don’t have their child repress the memory. 

Fuck Banana Breath and the horse he road in on.  Banana Breath can’t even manage his own life but he’s quick to dictate how people should live theirs. 

Of all the insecure characters in GC, Phyllis and Summer are number One and One A.  Those two are so miserable that they are not happy unless they can bring the misery to others.  Add Banana Breath to the list as One B.  He just loves to fling 💩 at others where he should be rubbing 💩 all over himself.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

The way Show ended today, with Chelsea saying to Adam in her head voice

had me in stitches.

I'm pretty sure now that Adam DID kill Kenny at some point.

Sharon Case's acting choices - if we can even use the word, "acting" - are pretty hard to fathom.  She's rolling those eyes like they're no longer attached and moving her lips as if she's got something stuck in her teeth.  If this is the effect being in a storyline with her boyfriend is having she might want to seriously evaluate.......well, pretty much everything.

And why does Mark Grossman walk around as if his thighs touching is against the law?  He looks like he just had a waxing and it really, REALLY didn't go well.  Having an itch he can't scratch shouldn't be so literal.  He also might want to take into consideration that today, Josh Morrow acted circles around him.  As did Jordi.  That's about as bad as it gets. 

Devon - I have to show I can bring something to this relationship.

Amanda - 0h you bring a lot.

He sure does - how many billions does he have, again?

This Merry-go-Round that Devon, Amanda, Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate and the Little Match Girl are on is about as fascinating as Sharon's googly eyes and Adam's groin issues.

Lola, you're a wise woman - and a vastly underused character.  

So Sharon wants to meet with Rey so they can talk about how to "fix" this.......

I think I know exactly how Sharon, with her vast knowledge about the human psyche would like Rey to process any thoughts or feelings he has about her and/or Adam....

giphy.gif

But if nothing else, at least we learned from today's episode, who killed Kenny!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 15
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Amanda and Naya:  Amanda, you have some nerve berating Naya.  You sought your mom out not the other way around.  You have no leg to stand on demanding a relationship on your own terms.  If a relationship was important to you than you will take what you can get. Millions of teenagers have to give up a child and never think about it the same way millions of teenagers who don’t have their child repress the memory. 

So true. Imagine someone coming up to you and saying the Twins you gave up as a young teen - had miserable childhoods and one died with your grandchild in her - A.nd I'm angry and want you to feel guilty and I expect you and you whole family to snap to

Edited by crowsworks
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, crowsworks said:

So true. Imagine someone coming up to you and saying the Twins you gave up as a young teen - had miserable childhoods and one died with your grandchild in her - A.nd I'm angry and want you to feel guilty and I expect you and you whole family to snap to

Whatshername is the one who asked Amanda for this meeting - after getting a restraining order against her - one that is still in place.  Her other daughter may have instigated the restraining order but no judge would have granted it without the mother's consent.  Hiding behind her younger daughter's disdain for Amanda is pretty low IMO.

So Amanda didn't initiate this meeting nor did she violate the restraining order, that's on Mommy Dearest.  Expecting Amanda to play nice after all that and agree to stay in the corner like a bad smell is too rich for my taste.  

Bio-Momma could either act like the 21st century actually happened or stay the F away.  Unless she time-warped to Genoa City from 17th century Boston and her name is Hester Prynne, making such a huge deal of this is completely ridiculous.  

Amanda is under absolutely NO obligation to make her feel good.  All she had to do was what she told Amanda - through a court order no less - and stay away.

Edited by boes
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, deirdra said:

10 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

THANK YOU. Mine thinks it's recording, but there are no episodes scheduled for some reason. I cancelled and re-did it, so hopefully it will listen.

I have Uverse and my DVR decided this week's episodes of Y&R didn't exist too. I caught the last 20 minutes of Monday and Wednesday which made me less upset at my DVR's decision. I'll try cancelling the scheduled recording and setting it up again too.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Jaded said:

I have Uverse and my DVR decided this week's episodes of Y&R didn't exist too. I caught the last 20 minutes of Monday and Wednesday which made me less upset at my DVR's decision. I'll try cancelling the scheduled recording and setting it up again too.

I have UVerse as well. Hopefully this works for us!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I hate these storylines and have removed this show from my DVR.  Faith is way overacting and I still cannot believe that neither of her clueless parents have snatched her phone to see exactly what’s happening.  And I also can’t believe that Faith is so dumb that she can’t see that Jordan is using her for booze and as a cover——-Jordan will always point the finger at Faith.  Wake up little girl, you’re being used.  Time for mommy and daddy to send her back to military, er, boarding school.

I wonder if the show’s makeup department is still off limits.  That would be the only excuse for Sally’s makeup and hair looking like a low rent Kabuki dancer.  And I still wonder, what’s with her over-exaggerated mouth/lips?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

I have UVerse as well. Hopefully this works for us!

DVR UPDATE - it worked! I have UVerse and Y&R as well as B&B were both scheduled for recording but nothing was happening. I cancelled & re-upped the series record, and voilà! Both are back in business. 

PS $Bill today to Sally: "The WORLD is my town." Hell, yes it is. 
/rrrrrrroooowwwwww!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

I hate these storylines and have removed this show from my DVR.  Faith is way overacting and I still cannot believe that neither of her clueless parents have snatched her phone to see exactly what’s happening.  And I also can’t believe that Faith is so dumb that she can’t see that Jordan is using her for booze and as a cover——-Jordan will always point the finger at Faith.  Wake up little girl, you’re being used.  Time for mommy and daddy to send her back to military, er, boarding school.

I wonder if the show’s makeup department is still off limits.  That would be the only excuse for Sally’s makeup and hair looking like a low rent Kabuki dancer.  And I still wonder, what’s with her over-exaggerated mouth/lips?

Every time I see Sally, I want to take a washcloth to that over done face. Her overacting is on a par with Faiths. Dial it back about 100 notches, girls.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Funny how they've put Abby in romantic limbo. Unless she plans on cheating on her absent husband, she can't be romantically involved for the indefinite future.

Did Lauren know $Bill was coming because she sure was dolled up in her sexy red dress with her cleavage out there saying, "Helllooo, sailor! 🤗

Boy is Faith lucky because in some cultures she woulda been done throwing that stank attitude at Sharon and Nick several weeks ago. Yep, it's time to ship her back to boarding school before she ends up in bigger trouble. Meanwhile, why haven't they (or Victor) looked into Jordan's background? Odds remain that Jordan is behind the bullying.

OMG, what did Sally do to her face? Did she get caught in an explosion at the filler factory? Her head almost looked deformed to me. At least Summer only had the duck lips today. 😼

Summer, Summer, Summer. Boy are you going to regret trying to step to Sally. She could wreck your world in one sentence. I can't wait until Summer realizes Sally knew about Kyle's alleged kid before she did.

A brown tie with a blue suit. Kyle was distracted all right because he usually doesn't make that kind of fashion faux pas. Even Jack felt a disturbance in the sartorial force.

Is it me or is it weird for Nina to be so involved in selecting a sperm donor for her future grandchild? It's like the high tech version of Nina telling Chance and Abby what positions to use in the boudoir. 😐

"Dagnabbit, Jack Abbott." Was that ever a thing? Ehhhh. Meanwhile, lol, Bill was all, "Know them? I fcuked both your sisters, Jack. Oh wait. Psyche! That was my doppelgänger." 😉

Mariah's hair is so gorgeous.

Poor Rey. Seems like every time he comes home one of Sharon's exes is there.

Surprised they mentioned Ronan again. Stop teasing us, Show. He'd be perfect as a donor but noooo, we can't have nice things. 😑

What kind of threat could Bill pose to JCV? Badmouth them in his publications? Jack could easily sic ChancComm on SP and Bill might be due for an ugly exposé courtesy of Billy and Lily. Maybe Sally was just trying to a) scare Summer, and, b) see if she could kill with Bill's deal with JCV.

Re the previews: wow, Sharon. Will you finally chose your daughter over Adam now? 😕

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 12

Just caught up with on demand the beginning of yesterday’s episode. The downfall to watching on demand that there is no FF. I could have covered the lost 21 minutes in a few seconds. 

I usually agree with Mariah but Rey is not the best thing that has happened to her. I would imagine giving birth to her children or beating cancer is much much better. I think that Dylan, Detective Deadwood, was a better husband. Even though he was a little stiff, Rey is more of a stiff than Dylan. Dylan treated Sharon as his wife not his possession.  

On today:

Now that Bill Spencer is in town, we know know what a real man looks like. Not the sniveling man child we see almost daily in GC. In all fairness Jack and Victor should be excluded.  Jack is polished and Victor is not really alive. 

More lessons in perfect parenting. Banana Breath don’t have a clue in buying what Faith is selling. Classic teenage behavior with you don’t love me everyone hates me so I’m going to eat some worms. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jordan has taught her the technique of deflecting.  Of course Faith blames Adam like Nostrils had nothing to do with it.  

Is Abby that stupid where she would pick a donor based on his favorite movie.  Abby finally got the right idea when she talked about cloning Chance. The donor should have a lot of features close to Chance as to eye color, hair color, height, build, etc. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

I can’t believe Nina fixed her mouth to say “don’t worry if the child will be like Chance since he will be there every day and moment.” You mean the man who left his wife 15 minutes after marrying her without a goodbye or return date? 

So STUPID. And it’s idiotic to have this baby story if they even had an inkling thy were going to abruptly dump the actor. 

Jordan has been behind the bullying pushing of alcohol framing of it w the bottle cap then a bottle in her school stuff. Maybe she’s long lost child of Cameron or some other dude 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Jordan has been behind the bullying pushing of alcohol framing of it w the bottle cap then a bottle in her school stuff. Maybe she’s long lost child of Cameron or some other dude 

She's like 31 years old and still in high school, so I'm wondering if it's some 21 Jump Street shit gone wrong.

But I really do not believe for a second that Poor Little Sweet Innocent Bullied Faith is being set up. Naw. She's drinking for real to deal with her shittastic parents, her psycopath of an uncle, and that creepy plastic walking echo that is Phyllis.

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Just caught up with on demand the beginning of yesterday’s episode. The downfall to watching on demand that there is no FF. I could have covered the lost 21 minutes in a few seconds. 

That's the way I feel about Show for the last 18 months.

I usually agree with Mariah but Rey is not the best thing that has happened to her. I would imagine giving birth to her children or beating cancer is much much better. I think that Dylan, Detective Deadwood, was a better husband. Even though he was a little stiff, Rey is more of a stiff than Dylan. Dylan treated Sharon as his wife not his possession.  

Well, Sharon lied to Dylan for months into their very new marriage -- Re: The SullyCAN/MyPolar debacle, even after she realized SullyCAN was Ol'Hammertoes' baby Sharon just kept on lying to avoid blame and to hang on to SullyCAN. Dylan couldn't buy a clue or recognize the truth when it was in front of him -- What a blockhead.

Rey Rey's known from day one Atonal was a sleazeball and could manipulate Sharon any time he wanted, and she would run to play White Knight for Atonal. Atonal Adam never got better or changed in any measurable way, because he chose not to or blamed others for his criminal behavior. Sharon convinced herself she was acting professionally in Atonal's best interests -- Therapists do not treat family or persons they have a personal relationship, but apparently Sharon was touching up the glue on her extensions the day Genoa City Shrinky-Dink College of Psycho-Babble Knowledge covered that contingency in class.

Rey Rey's failure was choosing to carry water for another woman that lies and excuses her betrayals. Sharon won't let go of Atonal, and he can have her any time. Sharon is as easy to make as a peanut butter sandwich.

On today:

Now that Bill Spencer is in town, we know know what a real man looks like. Not the sniveling man child we see almost daily in GC. In all fairness Jack and Victor should be excluded.  Jack is polished and Victor is not really alive. 

Sure, if you've just been served Courvoisier and Wink Wink Say No More by the majordomo managing the replica Playboy Grotto in Oxnard: Grecian Formula hair and beard dye job, smarmy innuendos and left-handed insults, gold chains, pinky ring and undersize black leather blazer.

More lessons in perfect parenting. Banana Breath don’t have a clue in buying what Faith is selling. Classic teenage behavior with you don’t love me everyone hates me so I’m going to eat some worms. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jordan has taught her the technique of deflecting.  Of course Faith blames Adam like Nostrils had nothing to do with it. 

Nick knew early on Faith was acting out and drinking, then chose to keep it from Sharon, because Faith begged him not to tell Mom. When Sharon was appraised with what Faith was doing, she allowed her to talk back, lie and storm off with no repercussions. 

Faith should have been reigned in long ago, and given the opportunity to earn back privileges. No after-school activities, phone/computer access controlled by parents, list of chores, school work monitored, and school notified Faith is on restriction.

Faith has a legitimate gripe with Sharon coddling Atonal Adam, and running to help him every time he has a bad outcome due to his criminal behavior. The Atonal article by NotBilly stirred the pot, but NotBilly doesn't show up at every opportunity to throw his shitty behavior in Faith's face (he throws that crap at his family, Lily and the Newman's), unlike Atonal who defends his motives and practically lives at Crimson Lights so he can run into Sharon.

Is Abby that stupid where she would pick a donor based on his favorite movie. Abby finally got the right idea when she talked about cloning Chance. The donor should have a lot of features close to Chance as to eye color, hair color, height, build, etc. 

Yes.

And Nina has been rewritten to be stupid enough to agree with her.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 12

Was Devon suggesting he be the sperm donor? God no. You can get sperm anywhere and Abby doesn’t need any “help”—she’s rich and can buy 400 babies.

Why does Abby/Lola keep letting people rent out Society for holidays and prime weekend date nights? Even if they’re not losing money, they’re losing customers. I would be pissed if every time I tried to go to my favorite restaurant it was closed for some bullshit. 

Sally not as smart and savvy as she thinks she is, but as long as she’s messing with Dummer, she’s my girl.

Edited by Goodnight
Typo
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, Goodnight said:

Was Devon suggesting he be the sperm donor? God no. You can get sperm anywhere and Abby doesn’t need any “help”—she’s rich and can buy 400 babies.

Why does Abby/Lola keep letting people rent out Society for holidays and prime weekend date nights? Even if they’re not losing money, they’re losing customers. I would be pissed if every time I tried to go to my favorite restaurant it was closed for some bullshit. 

Sally not as smart and savvy as she thinks she is, but as long as she’s messing with Dummer, she’s my girl.

And their waitstaff are losing wages and tips. I hope Nick's dough is going to cover all that.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
34 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

Lola needs to put in a party room for that kind of sh!t if she wants to stay in business (unless that's a clue re the actress).

Sasha Calla (Lola) just booked a film role as Supergirl in the new Flash movie.  Sorry "Supergirl" Summer, you aren't really Supergirl.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 16
  • Love 4

What did the bee say to his sweetheart? Hey, baby, can I get some of your honey? Could you bee more hot? Queen, you make me wanna sting my mama.

Heh, Nate was like, this bish. Again. Of all the coffeehouses in all the world, Elena. 😐

This Valentines fluff would've been so much cuter a week ago. Sigh.

Rey is very forgiving. That was a quite a $pecial floral arrangement he got for Sharon. Too bad she doesn't deserve it. 😑

If Victoria were any more transparent she'd get arrested for indecent exposure. How many more ways can she use their kids as an excuse to drop in on Billy at work?

What was with Elena's loud lipstick? Or Sharon's swollen face? Hmm, maybe Sharon's been crying a lot about the state of her marriage and the troubles with Faith. Shyeah, right. 🙄

Phyllis in brown velvet. Bleh, that's a double nah for me. Velvet is overdone on this show IMO, and I still don't think brown is a good color for Red.

Oh noes! Katie likes Daddy's girlfriend too! Guess Johnny must've spilled the beans to his little sis. For a second there Victoria looked to me like she wanted to vomit after Lily read Katie's valentine.

Upfront your narrow behind, Elena. You told Devon that Nate knew about your "closure" tryst with him because you're trying to work both of them. You are not slick. 🤨

Nick ate red snapper. Seriously? That joke was dead on arrival, MWTs. It's probably more like dried out fish sticks at this point.

But, but, but the see-through panties weren't crotchless. That's certainly what secksay Phyllis wears, when she wears undies at all. Too risque for daytime TV?

I don't know why Devon would tell Amanda about Abby looking for a sperm donor. What business is it of hers?

Spoiler

(Actually, I do know since I tripped over the spoiler elsewhere. Bet TPTB weren't ready for a quick backlash from a segment of the audience. Some fans think Devon's first child should be with Elena or Amanda, or would at least be born and  raised as part of the Winters/Hamilton family et al. This impending development looks like another case of a Newman being entitled to take spare parts from the Abbotts, the Rosales, and now the Hamilton/Winters.)

Interesting of Billy to invoke John Abbott's memory today. But this stuff about Billy becoming more and more like John every day? Blasphemy! I'm amazed Lily could say that with a straight face but she's in lub, so. 😻

Sorry "Supergirl" Summer, you aren't really Supergirl.

Whee, on some level that's gotta sting a certain someone. I hope this kills that nonsense for good because she's too old for Nick and Phyllis to be still calling her that. Besides, there's never been anything "super" about Summer except her ability to survive a peanut butter-laced kiss.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12

Wow, the lady in green speaks. I guess it cost TIIC a few extra shekels for her to do dialog. 

Personally I dislike Valentine’s Day. It’s a holiday made up by Hallmark and Florists to gin up business. For my sweetheart, everyday is Valentine’s Day and I don’t need a card to tell her how much I love her. Even though I dislike Valentine’s Day, celebrating made my wife so I was there with gifts, flowers, Swiss Chocolates and a card 🥰

Olive Oyl, you’re getting as annoying as Phyllis and Summer; but since you’re annoying Nostrils, you go girl 😜

Doesn’t The Grand Albatross have its own restaurant?  Why ruin Abby’s Valentine’s Day business when you should be ruining you’re own. I hope Phyllis made up for lost business and give the waitstaff a large tip. I’m wondering if the Red Snapper Banana Breath was talking about was his meal or Phyllis.  

I tried to resist but I just had to put my $.02 in on the horse story.  The first horse jump for a very young child would be no more than 3 inches which a horse can basically walk over.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Nick and Phyllis trying to be sexy makes me throw up in my toilet. They’re not even kind of, sort of, maybe convincing. Please, writers! Just stop with this embarrassing nonsense.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Goodnight said:

Why would anyone even want to be the only two people in a restaurant?  Why not just stay home if you want to be alone?  Half the fun of going out to a restaurant is the "going out" part, which usually involves other people being there.  At least, that's what I vaguely remember about restaurants and going out in general..😕

47 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

I suppose Darvon jibbering wistfully about Mariah acting as Abby's surrogate means Elena is pregative ... Who's the Daddy? Ahoy!

Or Amanda and Elena are both pro-pregatory, but one baby will die and the other will be switched.  Or Elena will have twins, with Devon as the father of Twin1 and Nate the father of Twin2.  

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5

I'm surprised at how patient Rey has been with Sharon.  Yeah, he should have known what he was getting into it, but he does at least seem to realize that now.   And yeah he's kind of bland,  but in a non-soap opera esque kind of way, and I think that's a good type of character to have.  

Faith IS in a lot of trouble, but she's also taking advantage of that.  This is probably going to be derailed by Sher-dog's high school antics of her own, but I wish they didn't go down the usual route of "poor baby says they're not being listened to, so it excuses everything they do".  Kids can be disciplined and held accountable, while also being loved and respected, but shows never seem to go there.  

Elena and Devon are both coming across as increasingly weird and gross.  Nate, this has done nothing but cost you so far.  Get out of there.  

Victoria is such a miserable sad sack.  Get a life.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
On 2/18/2021 at 2:29 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Even Jack felt a disturbance in the sartorial force.

This? Was brilliance, I thank you, and I salute you.

9 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Sure, if you've just been served Courvoisier and Wink Wink Say No More by the majordomo managing the replica Playboy Grotto in Oxnard: Grecian Formula hair and beard dye job, smarmy innuendos and left-handed insults, gold chains, pinky ring and undersize black leather blazer.

The Ladies Man...Courvwatheeayyy...Thank you Tim Meadows...

5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Nick ate red snapper. Seriously? That joke was dead on arrival, MWTs. It's probably more like dried out fish sticks at this point.

But, but, but the see-through panties weren't crotchless. That's certainly what secksay Phyllis wears, when she wears undies at all.

Again, you're on fire m'lady, continue!

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
On 2/19/2021 at 7:01 PM, Waldo13 said:

Wow, the lady in green speaks. I guess it cost TIIC a few extra shekels for her to do dialog.  

She's a striking woman, with excellent carriage and voice. It's a shame TIIC have waited so long to utilize her on Show. 

MS completely ignores her presence on set.

Personally I dislike Valentine’s Day. It’s a holiday made up by Hallmark and Florists to gin up business. For my sweetheart, everyday is Valentine’s Day and I don’t need a card to tell her how much I love her. Even though I dislike Valentine’s Day, celebrating made my wife so I was there with gifts, flowers, Swiss Chocolates and a card 🥰

The original St. Valentine was a Roman Christian who was martyred during the rule of Claudius II in the third century. Imprisoned for not declaring fealty to Caesar, Valentine ministered to his fellow prisoners and prison guards. One of the guards had a blind daughter. Valentine prayed that God would heal her, and she was given her sight. The guard and his whole family praised God and were baptized. Hearing that Valentine was converting and baptizing new Christians in prison, Emperor Claudius II sentenced Valentine to death. On the eve of his execution, Valentine wrote a note to the jailer's daughter, signing it, "From Your Valentine." The first Valentine message was a Christian witness.

I send cards, buy candy, and remind myself that the first Valentine gave everything, including his life, to the God he loved.

I think that most people are sincere in their good wishes on St. Valentine's Day, or so I hope.

You're a fortunate man to have cherished a wife so loving.

Olive Oyl, you’re getting as annoying as Phyllis and Summer; but since you’re annoying Nostrils, you go girl 😜

<shrug>

Victoria sounded sincere when she told NotBilly she was pleased he was moving on with Lily, and wanted him to be happy .... Blah blah blah.

I've lost interest in those three.

Reconditioned NotBilly will revert to type and blowup Lily and Chance dot com because that just the cloth NotBilly's cut from.

Doesn't The Grand Albatross have its own restaurant? Why ruin Abby’s Valentine’s Day business when you should be ruining you’re own. I hope Phyllis made up for lost business and give the waitstaff a large tip. I’m wondering if the Red Snapper Banana Breath was talking about was his meal or Phyllis. 

So I've heard and never seen.

Why didn't Phyllis deck out her hotel suite for Valentine's Day? All the more convenient to boink the appreciative Nick in tacky lingerie she gifted herself.

I tried to resist but I just had to put my $.02 in on the horse story.  The first horse jump for a very young child would be no more than 3 inches which a horse can basically walk over.  

Yeah, that slug of dialog to make Sharon sound like a mother allowing her child to act independently was poorly researched and written. 

I didn't learn to jump a horse as was described by Sharon, but my upbringing on a ranch wasn't written by TIIC.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

In the real world perhaps, but where Newmans are concerned there is a 50:50 chance of ending up like Bonnie Blue Butler.  The last great post-jump scene was when Victor told li'l Abby to get back on her horse and she stomped out of the stables saying "I HATE you!"

Faith needs to be sent off to a military boarding school.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
On 2/19/2021 at 12:43 PM, lightninggirl said:

She's like 31 years old and still in high school, so I'm wondering if it's some 21 Jump Street shit gone wrong.

But I really do not believe for a second that Poor Little Sweet Innocent Bullied Faith is being set up. Naw. She's drinking for real to deal with her shittastic parents, her psycopath of an uncle, and that creepy plastic walking echo that is Phyllis.

There would be an army of Victor's PI's investigating Bad Influence and taking apart Faith's phone to track the texts.

If they Insist on Shadam they need to do something about Adam. Maybe have drunki jr Faith shoot someone and he takes the blame or they finally clear up the Delia thing once and for all. (I'd love it if Victor thought Drinki hit her and let Adam take the fall)

On 2/19/2021 at 6:02 PM, LucindaWalsh said:

I realized Wed that mine wasn't recording and when I checked it hadn't recorded Mon or Tues. It was showing Wed as a skipped episode. I have no clue what happened either. I deleted the auto daily record then reset it to auto daily record. 

If you miss an ep go to Youtube and type in the date  -  It's shifty and panned off the TV but it's not Marvel Movies so the the picture doesn't matter.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 2/18/2021 at 11:38 AM, lightninggirl said:

DVR UPDATE - it worked! I have UVerse and Y&R as well as B&B were both scheduled for recording but nothing was happening. I cancelled & re-upped the series record, and voilà! Both are back in business. 

I don't have UVerse, but have noticed over the past couple of decades of recording things rather than watching them live, that this happens occasionally when Y&R deals with interruptions. They must set up the new schedule as a new show rather than a simple update, which is why we have to do the same.  I don't watch B&B, but have never had this problem with any other shows. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I eat fish sticks on the regular, with no shame at all. In front of the tv. With ketchup. To scoop up the overloaded with butter mashed potatoes. 

deep sigh

By dried out fish sticks I envisioned a couple or six that had been left out in the July sun for several days. Imagine the texture, and the smell. That was shade I was throwing at the writers trying to be cute with that red snapper business. At Red's age I doubt it's still snapping unless she's had some rejuvenation work done. 😼

Meanwhile, this is in my fridge right now:

pjwyRgM.jpg

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

By dried out fish sticks I envisioned a couple or six that had been left out in the July sun for several days. Imagine the texture, and the smell. That was shade I was throwing at the writers trying to be cute with that red snapper business. At Red's age I doubt it's still snapping unless she's had some rejuvenation work done. 😼

Meanwhile, this is in my fridge right now:

pjwyRgM.jpg

We get the beer battered ones and eat them on onion buns.

image.png.6989ce63dcb9d18039c9ccad386d96a9.png

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

It is bad when sometimes I long for the days of VCR recordings and they were a nightmare!

I remember having Y&R occasionally fail to record even back in the VCR days.  Back then I had a three-way cable splitter, two VCRs and lots of cables going to/from my one TV so I could record two simultaneous shows.  My current VCR allows 5 simultaneous shows to be recorded.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

I binged watched all of last week's episodes. I had time this weekend lol 

Sally is growing on me on Y&R this beef with Summer and Kyle has already run it's course. I'm kind of over it. And maybe Sally is right her and Summer will be friends someday. I hope so because at this point it has become cliché that every new girl that comes to town has it out for Summer. Lola was understandable but I think Sally/Summer friendship is more realistic and plausible than the former, especially if Sally is going to be around a while.

How noble of Kyle to leave out that he might've gotten Tara pregnant it should be lovely when that fact ultimately makes it back to Summer. This Lockeness monster hype has already lost me. 1st this Ashton character goes after the men his wife screws and not her, the one who made vows to not screw other men? Strike one. Tara herself doesn't seem like a real catch either in all likelihood they probably deserve each other. But I know since TPTB already casted someone to play her we will probably have to endure a "poor Tara Locke" SL and backstory. Ugh. Just what we need. 

Oh Elena. Oh flip-flopper Elena. Why are you still here? I still dislike her but seeing her makes me laugh because I remember going in and roasting her on the old Y&R forum it was so frigging funny watching everyone else crap her too. But seriously what is so special about this chick that makes Devon and Nate so stupid for her cooter? I never liked her and Devon together because their relationship was forced (promptly after Hilary's death and it was obvious) then she whines, fucks his cousin, whines some more. Then later cheats on said cousin with Devon, I haven't watched too closely but I'm gonna guess she whined about that too. I hope Devon leaves her alone, sticks with Hilmanda and leave Elena to the flapjack winds. And her hair looks awful I thought it was bad before but yikes.....

Devon and Amanda are cute together Bryton James and Mishael Morgan still have the best chemistry IMO  

Whereas Nostrils and Lily have none. If I ever have to see those two slob over one another...I might have to jump off a cliff. Ideally, Victoria should want better for herself but if not then she should go ahead and bust up Billy and Lily as often as possible. 

Ah Shadam. What can I say? Rey does have a right to question Sharin Sharon and ask that she put their marriage first because despite the hype that surrounds her character she kind of sucks. Don't get me wrong she has her redeeming qualities (sometimes), that occasionally outshine the bad, but ultimately her shit stinks as much as anyone else's in GC it almost always has. 

I like Abby and Chance together. From a distance. Apparently that's how Chance likes it too!    

Phick is meh. Just waiting to see how long before they breakup again. I'm just glad I'm not being subjected to Shick that is slightly worse IMO. 

Seeing Faith act out was funny but then I thought she needed a good slap but then I felt kind of bad for her at the same time. The acting in Thursday's ep was terrible though. Friday was better the whole episode was boring but I liked Sharon reminiscing and Faith listening and leaving a card for her mom. Easily the best moment of the episode for me. 

So all the storylines are okayish for the most part, they all have their high and low moments but overall I might be interested enough to try to watch more consistently than I have been lately. 

Edited by TeamGabi
  • Love 14
On 2/19/2021 at 8:01 PM, Cupid Stunt said:

I suppose Darvon jibbering wistfully about Mariah acting as Abby's surrogate means Elena is pregative ... Who's the Daddy? Ahoy!

On 2/19/2021 at 8:48 PM, Snaporaz said:

Or Amanda and Elena are both pro-pregatory, but one baby will die and the other will be switched.  Or Elena will have twins, with Devon as the father of Twin1 and Nate the father of Twin2.  

AAAAKK! That's a gruesome set of scenarios for Darvon/Hillary 2.0 and Natey Nate Nate/Elena.

How about Elena and Hillz2 are both pregative, and have their babies at the same time, which are accidentally switched in the hospital nursery before they are identified and paternity tested? Chaos, madcap moping and teeth-grinding boredom ensues.

I expect Natey Nate Nate will drag the foursome through his Guilt Carnival, making everyone positively miserable, including the audience. Elena will be Guilt Carnival Queen, feeling sorry for herself and annoying her croupy switched newborn, while Hillary 2.0 loses her composure that a colicky newborn has ruined her figure and career trajectory. Darvon will wring his checkbook in dull uncertainty

23 hours ago, JNavarro said:

Hi Cupid! 

I like discussing the show with all of you, since you're all somewhat hilarious and charming (shameless, I know.  But true).  

Welcome, JNavarro.

We adore shameless flattery. And insist on more of that.

; )

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 2/18/2021 at 4:09 PM, Waldo13 said:

To be entirely fair, Adam earned Faith's it's literally from the day she was born and he's done little since to redeem himself on that.

But it's so surprise Nick and Sharon are as inept parents. One child died, another tried for emancipation as a result of their self-absorbsion, Nick's other brat is...well, to call her the Steffy Forrester of Genoa City is an insult to Steffy, really.

All of this to say Faith is the hell spawn those two have truly deserved from the day Cassie shuffled off this mortal realm and they used her memory to be absolute shit ever since. Unfortunately, the person Faith is most lime to hurt is herself. She'd have done far better if Ashley had raised her. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12