Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I'm pretty sure you can lose your license for this, Sharon.  

But don't worry.   Cracker Jacks is pretty stern on anyone misusing one of their Psychiatric degrees but I do believe you'll be allowed to keep the prize.

If this doesn't end Sharon's career as a car hop shrink for Jiffy Lube then nothing will.  

And people wonder why Faith drinks........

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I don't think new episodes are being broadcast anywhere in the US. The last episode on CBS.com is the one that aired on Monday in the US. 

Meanwhile, apparently our friends to the north of the US have gotten new episodes through Tuesday at least. If CN doesn't get a new episode today then CBS is probably going have to pull some shenanigans. The deal is that CN is supposed to be one episode ahead of the US but the US is already several episodes behind if you include today.

The last time there were network preemptions my local station aired the episodes at like 2AM or on the weekend or something. I'm just waiting to see when CBS puts them online.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Sorry guys I didn't realize you hadn't been able to see this episode.  I watch online only, dumped cable a long while back and the site I use had the episode up.

I just read that the one I referenced will be the next one to make it to broadcast tv when there's a break in the impeachment.

• Useful 4

Yeah nothing here. Lucky Chicago all 2020 to now don’t only get preemptions for national politics stuff, but our mayor and governor stuff, also daily covid conferences and new breaks for our high murders and crimes. I’d be amazed if even 60% of y&r aired live 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Yeah nothing here. Lucky Chicago all 2020 to now don’t only get preemptions for national politics stuff, but our mayor and governor stuff, also daily covid conferences and new breaks for our high murders and crimes. I’d be amazed if even 60% of y&r aired live 

How is our George, Petunia? And how are you?

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

How is our George, Petunia? And how are you?

He’s great like always. He’s got modeling offers and being good boy. I’m fine. All he people who he visited doing support have died. 

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

He’s great like always. He’s got modeling offers and being good boy. I’m fine. All he people who he visited doing support have died. 

I'm sorry to hear that but I am sure he gave them a lot of joy. Such a sweet little boy. ❤️

• Love 5

CBS has now broadcast the US Tuesday episode from last week. Here's my takes:

Phyllis describing Sally:

• she's manipulative
  • she's dangerous
  • she masquerades as everybody's pal, everybody's friend
  • she's thirsty
  • she desires attention and approval, it's like she's obsessed with it
  • she goes after what's not hers and she'll do anything to get it
  • she's snarky

All of that except the "everybody's pal" part sounds pretty much like Phyllis to me. Is Phyllis jealous of Sally, haha?

Man, Smilin' Jack is really turning on the charm with Sally. Do not want!

Why do I get the feeling Phyllis is going to make a preemptive strike at Sally before she fully knows what's going on with Kyle?

Seems to me Kyle shouldn't tell Summer about the kid he might have until he's sure the kid is his. Why stir up that hornet's next for no reason if Theo was wrong about the boy?

Sally's hair tho. I kept waiting for an antenna to poke out of the side of her head because I still think she looks like one of Captain Kirk's alien babes.

Sounds like this Ashland Locke guy is Jack's age--or older. Wonder if Victor's going to get mixed up in this or is this another Tucker situation where they're acting like they're going to replace Victor with a new Big Bad Billionaire?

And there's Sally serving the charm right back at Jack. Noooooo! But wait, Jack seems to have balked. What's going on here?

Huh, Kyle didn't tell Summer the whole story about him and the married lady and their possible child. That'll likely come back to bite him when Summer finds out from someone else. Like Sally.

Kyle, have you met Summer? She's not going to sit quietly on anything. I'm thinking she's going to confront Sally and then Sally's going to introduce Summer to that sage old expression, "Fcuk around and find out."

Yikes!!!! Elena called Nate "Devon"! Sigh, at least it didn't happen while they were in flagrante. Poor Nate. He knows something's not right with Elena but he has no idea how bad it could possibly be.

I kinda enjoyed watching Sally and Phyllis swing their dix at each other. Phyllis hasn't had to deal with someone who could play her game at her level in quite a while.

Devon and Amanda doing dishes. GMAFB, guys as wealthy as he is don't do dishes. At best they might load a dishwasher but seriously, how would Devon not have a housekeeping service?

Hmm, Amanda and Devon are about to take their relationship to the next level, and Elena has seemingly committed to Nate now that she thinks she's gotten closure with Devon. How long will it be before Elena blows up everything again by turning up pregnant and putting Nat e and Devon into a WTD situation? Ah, the soap writes itself! 🙏

I just read that the one I referenced will be the next one to make it to broadcast tv when there's a break in the impeachment.

boes, I think the episode you referenced is the one that would've aired on Wednesday in the US (yesterday). CBS hasn't put that one online yet.

ETA: Okay, now CBS.com has removed Tuesday's episode. WTF? I swear it was there because I watched the first few minutes of it to make sure it was the one I'd already seen elsewhere. I'm going to spoiler tag it until CBS puts it back online again. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
cbs why you gotta make it so complicated?
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

CBS

Hide contents

Sally's hair tho. I kept waiting for an antenna to poke out of the side of her head because I still think she looks like one of Captain Kirk's alien babes.

boes, I think the episode you referenced is the one that would've aired on Wednesday in the US (yesterday). CBS hasn't put that one online yet.

ETA: Okay, now CBS.com has removed Tuesday's episode. WTF? I swear it was there because I watched the first few minutes of it to make sure it was the one I'd already seen elsewhere. I'm going to spoiler tag it until CBS puts it back online again. Sorry for the confusion.

I saw the Tuesday episode on CBS All Access Amazon Prime channel, on Tuesday. then it disappeared and now it's back up today and relabeled as the 2/12/2021 episode, available for immediate viewing for - say it with me, folks! - subscribers to the CBS All Access Amazon Prime channel.   Apparently the CBS All Access Amazon Prime channel now exists in a future timeline that only subscribers can visit .....

Joimiaroxeu, your comment in the spoiler section of your post had me laughing so loud the dog across the street started barking at me.

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

Apparently the CBS All Access Amazon Prime channel now exists in a future timeline that only subscribers can visit .....

What is going on with CBS? Now when I load their site on my tablet it gives me a message that says "Hello, Canada!". I'm not anywhere near CN, am pretty sure I don't have a Canadian IP address, and I'm not using a VPN. Tiffany Network my patootie; it's looking more like the Flea Market Network to me. Yeesh.

Joimiaroxeu, your comment in the spoiler section of your post had me laughing so loud the dog across the street started barking at me.

Good doggie!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 2/9/2021 at 6:57 PM, peacheslatour said:

Yep. Being a mother didn't mature Phylthy one iota. If anything it made her even more loony.

or a grandmother

On 2/10/2021 at 11:33 PM, boes said:

But don't worry.   Cracker Jacks is pretty stern on anyone misusing one of their Psychiatric degrees but I do believe you'll be allowed to keep the prize.

If this doesn't end Sharon's career as a car hop shrink for Jiffy Lube then nothing will.  

truely I think the Shadam redux and maybe Delaina too are due to couples who are alowed to smooch as they are RL Cuddlebuddies

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 2/10/2021 at 10:33 PM, boes said:

I doubt Sharon has a License to Ill.

Sharon's skills and therapeutic techniques fall squarely in the camp of woo (as The Great Randi James, famous magician and snake oil debunker, would say).

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

I doubt Sharon has a License to Ill.

Sharon's skills and therapeutic techniques fall squarely in the camp of woo (as The Great Randi James, famous magician and snake oil debunker, would say).

Mariah is a much better therapeutic skills than Sharon. Mariah listens than gives very intuitive feedback. Mariah talks to people with her heart and Sharon talks to people with what she thinks she knows. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

The Great Randi would sort out Sharon's therapeutic shortcomings and Chelsea's fakery moments after entering the penthouse.  There is a great documentary "An Honest Liar" (2014) on the life of James Randi.

And I agree about Mariah.  She is a natural listener and empath.  Sharon is an e-book memorizer.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8

And we’re back!  The circus is over but the 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 are still there!  

Phyllis, you masquerade as someone with personality when you’re a one note automaton.  Phyllis, all you know of Sally is what Summer told you not from a personal experience. Sally is a perceived threat that Summer’s little mind. Sally is thirsty and desires attention and approval and is obsessed with it. Sally will go after anything that’s not hers and will do anything to get it.  Are you describing Sally or your self.  Phyllis, your thirst is insatiable and your acting sucks 🥎.  

Is Devon’s kitchen outside?  It looks like Amanda was carrying a jacket into the living room. What she was carrying looked to heavy to be an apron.  Doing dishes?  How hard is it to put the dishes in the dishwasher?

Sally’s info trumps Summer’s info so Summer reaped what she has sown.  Ta-da 🎺🎺.  It’s not a stalemate Summer. There is no threat of real harm for Sally but for Kyle it could be game over ☠️

It’s better to call Nate Devon during a conversation than to call out Devon’s name during sex. 

Phyllis your threats are as empty as your acting ability. Throw in Summer and there isn’t even a half brain between them.  The one thing they do know is how to be vindictive.  

Talk about sucky acting.  Elena’s and Nate’s acting is almost as bad as their chemistry. 

Devon and Amanda are growing on me.  I’m glad they seem to be taking it to the same level. I sure hope Devon doesn’t call out Hilary’s name during sex. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 8

All right, who's psyched for the Loch Ness Monster? I wonder if it will be played by Ian Buchanan? Yeah, I know that's too much to hope for. Considering how evil he's supposed to be, I guess he'll be a playmate for TGVN (who I still call Asspaw in my mind. Not sure how many here used to be at that other site, so I will refrain. I can't even remember the name of that site, but there were books written about it. Or a book.)

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

So in trying to ‘protect’ Summer, Phyllis is totally going to be nosy an investigate what Kyle is hiding and be the one that prompts Tara and her husband to come to Genoa City where he will go after Kyle, Jack, Jabot, Summer (and possibly Lola) with Phyllis taking no responsibility whatsoever. Sally won’t have had to lift a finger for Kyle and Summer to be destroyed. Busybody Phyllis will do it on her own. Hell, all Theo did was dip in and let Kyle know, you may be a baby daddy in front of Sally. Sally agreed to not drop the bomb if Kyle got Summer to back the hell off. Any crap coming down the pike would be largely on her not minding her business.

Of course it’ll be up to big bad Victor to save the day but I’d love if there was a twist where Adam was the one to save the day. He’s ruthless, knows the business world, and easily would cut a bastard for Jack (and Kyle by extension) and would also be ‘saving’ Summer by extension. Wouldn’t Nick and Phyllis just hate that.

I hate to say it but Lola seems like potential cannon fodder for the show to demonstrate how dangerous this guy is. They won’t off Summer, but Lola being hurt/killed they may go for. Of course the other thing they could do is have Kyle be hurt or killed due to Phyllis’ interference and boy howdy would Jack losing his shit on Phyllis if she caused indirect harm to come to Kyle.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Did I miss something, or did Kyle neglect to tell Summer about the baby?  And Phyllis told Nick that Sally was trying to seduce Kyle, which I also don't remember ever happening.  Everybody seems to be showing their hand very quickly lately.  

Biscuits, Amanda?  Really?  You haven't eaten a carb since the Bush-41 Administration.  The only Biscuit you've been near is the one of the Butt variety, when you were primal-screaming on a rooftop with Billy.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

And Phyllis told Nick that Sally was trying to seduce Kyle, which I also don't remember ever happening. 

I only recall Sally flirting with Kyle for ~5 seconds when she first came to town. Then Summer walked into the office, Kyle introduced her and they left Sally alone in the room.  Phyllis wasn't there.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

I only recall Sally flirting with Kyle for ~5 seconds when she first came to town. Then Summer walked into the office, Kyle introduced her and they left Sally alone in the room.  Phyllis wasn't there.

Phyllis sees all knows all. She’s the proverbial fly on the wall.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Kyle knowingly had an affair with a married woman, because he was trying to get over breaking up with Dumber.

Unbeknownst to Dumber (Kyle's confession conveniently didn't include), Mrs. Locke-ness Monster may or may not have had Kyle's child, and Kyle just realized that Mr. Locke-ness Monster is vindictive and powerful enough to destroy all the elites of Genoa City because of some wayward spermatozoa.

Sally being told by Theo the same time he notifies Kyle of Young Locke-ness Monster, makes the affair all Sally's fault, according to Dumber.

Who is writing this drivel?

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Kyle knowingly had an affair with a married woman, because he was trying to get over breaking up with Dumber.

Unbeknownst to Dumber (Kyle's confession conveniently didn't include), Mrs. Locke-ness Monster may or may not have had Kyle's child, and Kyle just realized that Mr. Locke-ness Monster is vindictive and powerful enough to destroy all the elites of Genoa City because of some wayward spermatozoa.

Sally being told by Theo the same time he notifies Kyle of Young Locke-ness Monster, makes the affair all Sally's fault, according to Dumber.

Who is writing this drivel?

I cant' believe the Abbott scion and the Newman princess would be that intimidated by anyone. It's beyond stupid.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Did I miss something, or did Kyle neglect to tell Summer about the baby?  And Phyllis told Nick that Sally was trying to seduce Kyle, which I also don't remember ever happening.  Everybody seems to be showing their hand very quickly lately.  

Biscuits, Amanda?  Really?  You haven't eaten a carb since the Bush-41 Administration.  The only Biscuit you've been near is the one of the Butt variety, when you were primal-screaming on a rooftop with Billy.  

Do you mean the one they call.......

giphy.gif

Poppin' Flesh!?!??

Stranger Danger!  Emphasis on "Stranger" and getting stranger by the day....

• LOL 12
39 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

Well, it took Sharin' and Atonal all of three seconds and a commercial break to jump on each others' bones.  Nearly record time.

I knew as soon as she slammed out of her house she was going to run straight to AA. Dumb idjit.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I knew as soon as she slammed out of her house she was going to run straight to AA. Dumb idjit.

It's not like she knew that Adam was going to be at that restaurant at that particular time.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, nilyank said:

It's not like she knew that Adam was going to be at that restaurant at that particular time.

10 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Oh, come on. 🤣

Shr probably tossed a mini tracking device in his big mouth one of the many times he's started his incessant, never-ending yammering at Sharon after one of Sharon's "sessions" with Chelz.  

Slam and DUNK with his big mouth and Sharon's good aim.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

Sharon: Adam was emotional about Chelsea's condition and he was just thanking me for my help. But, I'm aware that it looked more intimate than that so I need to know what you're thinking.
Rey: Okay, Sharon, my wife of less than two months. You need to know what I'm thinking? Well I'm thinking I need a wife who isn't a stank heaux and can't stop finding excuses to be all up on her psycho ex. You got any of that in your bag of tricks?
Sharon: <gulp>

Good grief, Elena can't even get through the night without moping over Devon. Guess she sensed something had just changed between Devon and Amanda, huh? Darn that stupid ESP!

Am really, really, really not a fan of Devon's tats. Why did they stop having him put makeup on them? 😝

Nate, your girlfriend probably has a Baby Hamilton cooking inside her right now. That's likely why she's so distracted.

Victor would not have been the person I'd have expected to call Adam out on this Sharon as Chelsea's therapist b.s. Go Vic, I guess?

Rey called Adam a Svengali in reference to his continuing hold over Sharon. I'm surprised Sharon didn't object to that. Wonder if she even knows what it means. 🤔

Well, Rey read Sharon right proper. Three snaps in a Z formation. I don't know about Sharon still being in love with Adam though. Sounds to me like she's just dickmatized.

I'm with Amanda on mint chocolate chip ice cream. Yuck. And I don't get the point of Neopolitan ice cream at all. Geez, how hard is it to pick one flavor? 😛

Amanda's hair sure stayed looking kempt despite her bedroom activities with Devon. He must not have been putting it on her very well if her hair didn't even get mussed. 😼

Daaannng, Nate figured it out! I knew he would. Elena might as well have "cheater" written on her forehead in indelible ink. 😒

Ehhh, Amanda, are you sure you want to have the DTR conversation with Devon right after the first time you've slept together? Look how quickly Devon came back with the "let's not put a label on it" response. He's a player and he expects to play by his rules.

Ugh, AFAIC Adam is a solid POS. But Sharon keeps acting like a toilet bowl so apparently they're made for each other. 💩 🚾

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I'm with Amanda on mint chocolate chip ice cream. Yuck. And I don't get the point of Neopolitan ice cream at all. Geez, how hard is it to pick one flavor? 😛

Blasphemy! You've obviously never had Frango Mint Ice Cream. And I do buy Neopolitan sometimes because I like to bake and I like to put different flavored ice cream on different baked goods. I sound fat.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

I have never enjoyed Jordi Vilasuso more than I did today !

I have always given him a hard time because I remember him from guiding light and I didn’t like his acting there and I haven’t always loved it on here but lately I’m enjoying him and today he blew me out of the water with everything he said to his skanky wife !!!!!

....and then she runs right into Adams arms and even though she was supposedly going to tell him she couldn’t treat Chelsea anymore, what a bunch of bull.....and while I have sort of not minded Sharon in the past, I can barely look at her lately and I think that’s a combination of the character as well as the actress and her “acting” choices

• Love 15

Do I have to remind Rey once again that jealousy is a sign of Ownership not Love.  Rey your bias is showing.  You don’t want to hear the answer to your question because deep down inside you know the answer. Sharon loves Adam much more than you on a subliminal level. Rey’s character would be better served by a better actor.  Another piece of advice. Ultimatums don’t cause harmony, they cause resentment. 

Comparison of the scene between Nate and Elena and Devon and Amanda. Nate makes Devon look like a little boy and Amanda makes Elena look like a little girl. 

Just what we needed, dueling jealousies. For me jealousy is a waisted emotion. It just causes undo stress. 

If Grossman and Case are dating, I think that kiss confirms their relationship. 

• Love 5

I have never understood the notion that vanilla is a synonym for boring and bland.  Vanilla is a rich, evocative, complex flavor (vanilla in general, not just ice cream).  There's a reason it's so freaking expensive.  Neapolitan is amazing...best of all worlds.  Mint is good in toothpaste, and not much else.

How many times did Victor recruit Sharon to be Adam's therapist?  He even asked her to have Adam committed!  Now he questions her experience?  I'm not sure why Sharon thought Rey crossed a line by reminding her that all three of her kids wanted her to stay away from Adam, too.

So all of those tattoos are real?  I've seen the lion before, but I thought the others were make-up.  Why did Devon have some Y&R related story for all of those, but not the lion?  There even is a Y&R story that could be tied to the lion!  (When he fell in the lion's den at the zoo and Malcolm hypnotized the lion and pulled him out.)  

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 2/15/2021 at 7:16 PM, Waldo13 said:

Sally’s info trumps Summer’s info so Summer reaped what she has sown.  Ta-da 🎺🎺.  It’s not a stalemate Summer. There is no threat of real harm for Sally but for Kyle it could be game over ☠️

On 2/15/2021 at 9:59 PM, TobinAlbers said:

So in trying to ‘protect’ Summer, Phyllis is totally going to be nosy an investigate what Kyle is hiding and be the one that prompts Tara and her husband to come to Genoa City where he will go after Kyle, Jack, Jabot, Summer (and possibly Lola) with Phyllis taking no responsibility whatsoever. Sally won’t have had to lift a finger for Kyle and Summer to be destroyed. Busybody Phyllis will do it on her own. Hell, all Theo did was dip in and let Kyle know, you may be a baby daddy in front of Sally. Sally agreed to not drop the bomb if Kyle got Summer to back the hell off. Any crap coming down the pike would be largely on her not minding her business.

owdy would Jack losing his shit on Phyllis if she caused indirect harm to come to Kyle.

Phyl is jealous of Jack and Sally - like he traded in his old red ford for a tight new red sports car.

And yes she is going to screw up the cold war, mutual assured destruction thing Kummer and Sally have going. She - Phyl - is going to arrange for Jack to hear from Flo or someone and Sally is going to go nuclear. It wall end Nick And Phyl for now esp if there is something done to Kummer. So what if Jack gets a new Red. Phyl only wants him because someone younger and prettier maybe does.

Yup. Phyl is going to stir shit once too often and get cholera...for everyone

3 hours ago, SiouxB said:

I have always given him a hard time because I remember him from guiding light and I didn’t like his acting there and I haven’t always loved it on here but lately I’m enjoying him and today he blew me out of the water with everything he said to his skanky wife !!!!!

....and then she runs right into Adams arms and even though she was supposedly going to tell him she couldn’t treat Chelsea anymore, what a bunch of bull.....and while I have sort of not minded Sharon in the past, I can barely look at her lately and I think that’s a combination of the character as well as the actress and her “acting” choices

I think they are throwing Shadam at us because it's a soap and only a few people can kiss and do love scenes. It's more Covid than character development. 

Adam has to rescue Faith. Then they could bring back Kelly to prove she hit Delia - so it was half her fault and half Billy's with Victor helping out - nice murder mystery/cold case

If they want Shadam they need to make Adam a more likeable character if the actor can pull  it off??? Maybe Chels tries to kill him or Sharon and pretends to be wheelchair bound. Mystery...

Faith gets plastered, steals Rey's gun, and in the grand tradition of Grannie tries to kill Adam. who does she shoot? Does Adam take the blame --- MYSTERY! 

Edited by crowsworks
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, SiouxB said:

I think he did great today too.  Every time Sharon gave him her sheeps eye stare and tried to divert he brought her right back on track.  Sharon's terrific at using people to support her and get her what she wants and even better at kicking them to the side when she no longer needs the help and wants some adoration from a new source.   She's become such a liar.

14 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Do I have to remind Rey once again that jealousy is a sign of Ownership not Love.  Rey your bias is showing.  You don’t want to hear the answer to your question because deep down inside you know the answer. Sharon loves Adam much more than you on a subliminal level. Rey’s character would be better served by a better actor.  Another piece of advice. Ultimatums don’t cause harmony, they cause resentment. 

I don't know if I'd call what we saw today, jealousy.  It looked and sounded to me more like anger and disappointment caused by the person you love who continues to lie and manipulate and hide behind her cracker jack credentials, all so she can have Rey Rey at home and Adam everywhere else.  Rey didn't sign on to a throuple, they don't have an open relationship, Sharon didn't make polyamory a condition of their marriage, she just continues to lie.  And every time Rey voices any discomfort or anger or impatience, Sharon tries to manipulate him into not  believing his own eyes or buying her bullshit reasons, hoping he's codependent enough to put himself aside so she can do whatever the hell she wants with Adam.  

I believe that the medical term Sharon learned for this in her psycho schooling is "Don't piss on my leg and tell me Its raining" syndrome.

I think it's more rage than jealousy.  Secrets, lies and emotional manipulation will do that to a person.

13 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I have never understood the notion that vanilla is a synonym for boring and bland.  Vanilla is a rich, evocative, complex flavor (vanilla in general, not just ice cream).  There's a reason it's so freaking expensive. 

I'm with you, Snaporaz.  I love vanilla.  And you can add pretty much anything to it - fruit or chocolate or whatever.  Boring and bland it's not.  Now that butter brickle or whatever the hell Devon had in freezer, that's just vanilla ice cream with sand in it.  Take THAT, Amanda you ice cream snob.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 6
  • Love 11

I really don't get what it is about Sharon Case's "acting" choices that she randomly plays Sharon as the wide eyed (ex) ingenue, usually at the most inappropriate times.   Like once in a while Sharon actually seems somewhat of an adult and even likeable imo, but today she was a barely there ditz with Rey.  

Devon...is kind of a sleaze, and he doesn't play it well.  His flirting is cringe, too.  Funny that he and Amanda were talking about chemistry, because they have absolutely none.   I do like Amanda a LOT more than Hilary, though, and I'm impressed with how much MM gives her an aura that's completely different. 

LMAO at Nate going from simp to savant in five seconds, which apparently was about how long his latest round with Elena went.  But good for him.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, basiltherat said:

Well, it took Sharin' and Atonal all of three seconds and a commercial break to jump on each others' bones.  Nearly record time.

Was there any doubt?

TIIC have been telegraphing their mutual obsession, and eventual gropefest with witnesses forever.

1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

I have never understood the notion that vanilla is a synonym for boring and bland.  Vanilla is a rich, evocative, complex flavor (vanilla in general, not just ice cream).  There's a reason it's so freaking expensive.  

The best vanilla ice cream I ever had was at the Penn State Berkey Creamery. 

<hungry for ice cream>

Neapolitan is amazing...best of all worlds.  Mint is good in toothpaste, and not much else.

Baskin Robbins used to package tubs of Neapolitan ice cream; a fresh and creamy combination. Thing 1's first birthday cake was a Neapolitan ice cream cake from the former Carnation Dairy package store on Wilshire Boulevard.

I let the spirit move me when buying or making ice cream. I recently had a cone of fresh mango ice cream, with swirls of mango sorbet at Mashti Malones that was wonderful. 

Some mint ice cream tastes artificial.

How many times did Victor recruit Sharon to be Adam's therapist?  He even asked her to have Adam committed!  Now he questions her experience?  I'm not sure why Sharon thought Rey crossed a line by reminding her that all three of her kids wanted her to stay away from Adam, too.

When Victor isn't the impetus and brains behind activities by family, he's agin' it. Control freaks will argue and advise a different course of action until they get their own way. And there's no better satisfaction than I told you so after the anvil lands.

Victor must know Sharon had recently remarried, it's not unwise to warn Atonal Adam off of involving Sharon in Chelsea's voodoo therapy when there are better options.

So all of those tattoos are real?  I've seen the lion before, but I thought the others were make-up.  Why did Devon have some Y&R related story for all of those, but not the lion? There even is a Y&R story that could be tied to the lion!  (When he fell in the lion's den at the zoo and Malcolm hypnotized the lion and pulled him out.) 

I remember those episodes as being totally hilarious ... The good old days when Y&R was entertaining and ridiculous all at the same time.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, boes said:

I think he did great today too.  Every time Sharon gave him her sheeps eye stare and tried to divert he brought her right back on track.  Sharon's terrific at using people to support her and get her what she wants and even better at kicking them to the side when she no longer needs the help and wants some adoration from a new source.   She's become such a liar.

I don't know if I'd call what we saw today, jealousy.  It looked and sounded to me more like anger and disappointment caused by the person you love who continues to lie and manipulate and hide behind her cracker jack credentials, all so she can have Rey Rey at home and Adam everywhere else.  Rey didn't sign on to a throuple, they don't have an open relationship, Sharon didn't make polyamory a condition of their marriage, she just continues to lie.  And every time Rey voices any discomfort or anger or impatience, Sharon tries to manipulate him into not  believing his own eyes or buying her bullshit reasons, hoping he's codependent enough to put himself aside so she can do whatever the hell she wants with Adam.  

I believe that the medical term Sharon learned for this in her psycho schooling was that it's called the "Don't piss on my leg and tell me I'm raining" syndrome.

I think it's more rage than jealousy.  Secrets, lies and emotional manipulation will do that to a person.

I'm with you, Snaporaz.  I love vanilla.  If anyone wants, you can add pretty much anything to it - fruit or chocolate or whatever.  Boring and bland it's not.  Now that butter brickle or whatever the hell Devon had in freezer, that's just vanilla ice cream with sand in it.  Take THAT, Amanda the ice cream slab.

They were eating butter pecan. Cold wet nuts....yuck.

1 hour ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Was there any doubt?

The best vanilla ice cream I ever had was at the Penn State Berkey Creamery. 

<hungry for ice cream> on Fried Stickys from Penn State in State College -  I can't eat ice cream any more BUT Publix Frozen Yogurt is off the spool - I miss living in Florida for Winter Drive-ins and Publix Froyo...that's it

><><>

Some mint ice cream tastes artificial. Isleys in Pittsburgh before they closed - Now all that remains are Klondikes

><><

I remember those episodes as being totally hilarious ... The good old days when Y&R was entertaining and ridiculous all at the same time.

Devon fell into a lion pit? Hypnotized puddy tat

• LOL 7
7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Nate, your girlfriend probably has a Baby Hamilton cooking inside her right now. That's likely why she's so distracted.

Oh, JOY! Can't wait for yet another storyline with her twisted, sour face and those puppy dog eyes ready to break into tears at ANY. GIVEN. MOMENT. 🙄 I need her and Amanda to get into a Katherine-Jill knock-down drag-out to make this shit even slightly interesting. Or maybe a stroke. I don't know, ANYTHING. Throw us a bone!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Devon fell into a lion pit? Hypnotized puddy tat

And then Neil told Lily to pull the SUV around.  She had little or no driving experience and it was icy out, so she spun furiously in several directions in the dark at the zoo. Two near-goners in one episode.

• LOL 6